• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

AcridMeat

Banned
Welp looks like I'm going to be rocking Connery solo as Vanu. I'll probably create an alt on Mattherson to test it out with GAF, but I doubt it will be good for me (California).

ibt6m1WVKtA9bL.JPG

sigh...

I really want to get this but I barely have any time at the moment and playing solo during the beta really wasn't much fun at all. With a squad though, the game is so much fun.

bounchfx

I go to login, all players must reset their passwords. I say okay, go to reset my pw, and it says it can only be done once every 24 hours. wtf, I haven't even done it once. Annoying :\

how are people enjoying the game so far?

Resource boosts not working or do you need a certain BR to use them? My station cash has been reduced by 500 but I can't select a boost.

mephixto

Banned
Lazy question:

I played the beta last week, can I Just copy the beta files to the steam path and just let steam to download only the new or updated files?

MrBig

Resource boosts not working or do you need a certain BR to use them? My station cash has been reduced by 500 but I can't select a boost.

The store has been disabled, you shouldn't have been able to buy anything.

Boosts are loadout/class independent, they're applied from the main profile screen in the bottom left

Lazy question:

I played the beta last week, can I Just copy the beta files to the steam path and just let steam to download only the new or updated files?

No. Delete the whole beta directory.

I go to login, all players must reset their passwords. I say okay, go to reset my pw, and it says it can only be done once every 24 hours. wtf, I haven't even done it once. Annoying :\

how are people enjoying the game so far?

It's still great, running much smoother

VariantX

gave it a spin for about 30 minutes, plays pretty decent. Don't appreciate my targets occasionally warping away though due to lag

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so am i right in thinking the space republicans the only race who have the kind of high difficulty - high reward recoil element to their weapons? as far as i can gather the space commies have dumb high damage - low accuracy weapons and the space hippies have a nigh insulting "you can't miss but you'll just do pitiful damage at range" mechanic.

they are all completely unappealing as far as lore goes, i'd err towards to hippies i guess, but not with that zero recoil fisher price shit.

anyone? i don't want to start ranking up buck romney in the 25th century if there's a better option.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Currently downloading this via Steam, it's taking quite some time. I don't expect performance to be any great, I'm forced to run World of Warcraft in 640x480 for decent frame rate, but we'll see how it goes.

demolitio

I hate having to wait for my mediocre internet to finish downloading this. Preloading is a blessing that is sorely missed here.

Anyway, PLEASE add me on Steam or whatever the hell else you guys are using to coordinate as I'm sure I'll have plenty of characters active while TR will be my main one for a bit. My STEAM is "Demolitio2"

I haven't tried NC since the tech test and it killed me not being able to bitch about their shit on here at the time, so I'm wondering did they fix any of the NC weapons or balance issues from the early days? Obviously the game is drastically different now, but the NC weapons stood no chance in a 1v1 in the tech test since their very small damage increase wasn't enough when other factions shoot faster and straighter than you under the same conditions. I remember switching factions and being amazed at the differences then, but I'm sure NC is a lot better now since plenty of complaining was going on then.

Anyway, I'll be on at all hours since I have no life or job and only don't play if I'm feeling particularly sick that day, so add me if you need support.

And mr_nothin, I play similar to you where I might assist in a big battle if it's needed, but I rather go off and go behind enemy lines or hold the flanks if I think my team has enough people rushing the base already, so I kind of have that special forces soldier/mercenary feeling as well. I just wreck shit where they least expect it but love teamwork and there's plenty of times where I wished I had backup to take a base behind the lines since one man can only hold his ground for so long. We need to play this like we did BF3 brother.

hylje

Tried to register -> sites are hammered. Tried to log into game -> tells me to reset my password and takes me to wrong site.
Tried to log back to EU site, 502/504/500.

Taking me longer to register and actually get in the game than downloading 7.2GB :3

Another smooth launch!

Herla

This game is too fun, even as NC! (we seem to lose everything everywhere). Got ~30 points anyway, there's always something to do.
Playing on the US East server from Europe and it's perfectly playable.

The store has been disabled, you shouldn't have been able to buy anything.

Boosts are loadout/class independent, they're applied from the main profile screen in the bottom left
Store is up and running. I had to logout and login again to be able to apply my XP boost.

Sin

I might be doing something wrong but I downloaded the game from Steam and when I was asked to create an account for the game it asked me to do it on the EU website. Now I created an EU account but when I try to login on the Steam download it tells me my account is invalid.

Is there an EU client I need to download?

metalshade

I am really REALLY excited to get stuck in to this.
I played a bit of the beta, but found it hard, as I only recently built my first ever gaming rig, and therefore am quite terrible at kb/m.
I have hundreds of hours in battlefields on the consoles though.
Are there any hints for a real noob?
I nearly always play as medic/support in BF or whatever, I like to help, but I really am not good enough with my kb/m skills for frontline fighting.
I am in the UK, and was wondering are there any outfits out there willing to take on a guy such as myself?
Really hoping this will be what BF3 wasnt.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I have no idea wtf is happening in this game. I mean I see people shooting other people but I have no idea what to do in order to win.

Only played for a few minutes but I was super overwhelmed at first. So much info on the screen and just trying to figure out my class was a chore at first. Still fun from what little I played though.

zonezeus

I might be doing something wrong but I downloaded the game from Steam and when I was asked to create an account for the game it asked me to do it on the EU website. Now I created an EU account but when I try to login on the Steam download it tells me my account is invalid.

Is there an EU client I need to download?

There is an EU client, but it's currently broken, crashing right after running because of some network issues they're trying to fix. Steam version seems to be working with US accounts only, so there's really no way for us Euro people to play the game right now.

MrBig

I am really REALLY excited to get stuck in to this.
I played a bit of the beta, but found it hard, as I only recently built my first ever gaming rig, and therefore am quite terrible at kb/m.
I have hundreds of hours in battlefields on the consoles though.
Are there any hints for a real noob?
I nearly always play as medic/support in BF or whatever, I like to help, but I really am not good enough with my kb/m skills for frontline fighting.
I am in the UK, and was wondering are there any outfits out there willing to take on a guy such as myself?
Really hoping this will be what BF3 wasnt.

I have no idea wtf is happening in this game. I mean I see people shooting other people but I have no idea what to do in order to win.

Only played for a few minutes but I was super overwhelmed at first. So much info on the screen and just trying to figure out my class was a chore at first. Still fun from what little I played though.

http://www.planetside2.com/game-tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvXlHyApxY

MrBig

Stupid question: Is there any way to report teamkilling or does the game deal with it on its own?

The game has a greifing system that will weapon lock anyone who does too much team damage, just let that do it automatically. If someone's doing anything malicious use "/report <name>"

Top Bottom