• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
There is an EU client, but it's currently broken, crashing right after running because of some network issues they're trying to fix. Steam version seems to be working with US accounts only, so there's really no way for us Euro people to play the game right now.

I downloaded it from Steam and had no problems except that interface has "UI" written at the beginning of every word. Also I had impression that some stuff was missing from UI. It felt messy.

MrBig

Getting this on the top of the page again
gafplayers.png

New players fill out this form: Planetside 2 GAF Players

This is for the primary soldier that you'll use to play with other GAF players; you may submit any other soldiers you want people to be able to find you as on other servers.

The NeoGAF player list can list can be accessed here. Sort the list by your faction of choice and send out friend invites after you submit your own character to the list.

Graph data can be viewed here.

demolitio

Stupid question: Is there any way to report teamkilling or does the game deal with it on its own?

Not sure, but a dev in the beta took a teamkiller and teleported him to his own prison essentially where the whole team gathered around and kept killing the teamkiller so maybe we can see some more street justice.

I imagine they have some system in place for consecutive teamkills or teamkills in the bases, but in a game this big, you'll see a lot of true accidental teamkills that take out numerous players at a time so it's a slippery slope. Just don't go crashing a Galaxy into people raiding a base...lol

One guy got away with throwing explosives on a base capture where ~100 of us were and he teamkilled quite a few people and did it over and over again so I'm pretty sure you better prepare yourself for some trolls that somehow find that shit fun. The community in the early beta days would get justice for you.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The lighting in the game is insane. Runs great maxed out too.

That said, I don't really know whats going on, got a fair amount of kills but other then that, no clue...

Concept17

Having issues with enemy players popping in and out, even at fairly close distances. =\

Trying new drivers I guess. Game froze after the first 30 mins of playing.

zonezeus

I downloaded it from Steam and had no problems except that interface has "UI" written at the beginning of every word. Also I had impression that some stuff was missing from UI. It felt messy.

Maybe you're using your beta account? According to official PS2 EU twitter channel Steam version doesn't yet work with EU accounts.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Maybe you're using your beta account? According to official PS2 EU twitter channel Steam version doesn't yet work with EU accounts.

I haven't participated in beta. Well, technically I'm not in EU but usually my account gets attached to this territory. May be it's not the case here.

epmode

The game has a greifing system that will weapon lock anyone who does too much team damage, just let that do it automatically. If someone's doing anything malicious use "/report <name>"

Thanks. For my first spawn, I was knifed to death by a friendly over the course of 20 seconds. Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory proving itself yet again.

Atrophis

Forgot this was launching today but seems EU isn't working so haven't missed much I guess. Haven't played beta for ages due to other distractions. Can't wait to check out that last continent they put in. But damn you SOE, why you have to go with shitty third party provider for EU?

demolitio

Did the griefing system work on equipment too? Because the guy just kept busting out C4 and did it over and over and over again. Maybe the third time he was locked but that had to be after quite a few teamkills, lol.

Stupid internet being shitty on me. I must serve the will of Vanu!

My only real disappointment with this game is the price model for weapons. The number of hours required to unlock one weapon is ridiculous and I'm not inclined to pay for game-changing items like these. I'll be pretty fine with just a shotgun though.

zonezeus

I haven't participated in beta. Well, technically I'm not in EU but usually my account gets attached to this territory. May be it's not the case here.

I'm guessing you have US account, accounts created on planetside2.com work fine with both Steam and LaunchPad version. All accounts created on planetside2.eu however are currently borked, because EU version of LaunchPad doesn't work and Steam version doesn't accept EU accounts.

SLV

I'm guessing you have US account, accounts created on planetside2.com work fine with both Steam and LaunchPad version. All accounts created on planetside2.eu however are currently borked, because EU version of LaunchPad doesn't work and Steam version doesn't accept EU accounts.

Just awesome -_-

I get stuck at 98% after hitting play in the in-game client, it kicks me out, and then I get an Error G37. Is this a common problem?

Myomoto

Been having a lot of fun flying around in my mossie, blowing up fools on the ground and in the air. I still can't find an infantry class to specialize in though. I keep switching between medic, heavy, and infiltrator.

Sanjay

I installed Nvidia driver 310.61 and I still can't enabled by checking "GPU Physics" in the graphics options menu, still shaded out. What do?

Krovan

Neo Member
This is FiestaWagon, I'm downloading the client now. Once I get on I'll start recruiting those of you interested in joining us. (TR Connery)

Cosmocratores

With the holiday people will be in and out this week so possible contacts to get in Nukemall, Jaerin(that's me), Teethworms, Morphina, FiestaWagon, and Phlimsy.

Ricker

Finished the download and tried 3 times to launch the game but I have a message that there is an error or something,windows will try and find a solution but the game never starts...so I did a reboot,will try again later....looks like I will join US EaST server...will fill the form soon.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Why does this game still have the loading 'bug' where it just hangs at 98%.

Ricker

Well the game just wont start,I keep getting a message that P2.exe stopped working,Windows will try and find a solution...is this not compatible with W8....?

Liberty4all

Banned
I somehow have 935 station cash on my Sony account. Does that buy me anything useful in the game?

One gun is 700.

I suggest getting the heavy gun of whatever faction you choose.

TR = Minicannon
Vanu = Lasher
NC = Not sure

I bought the lasher and was mowing down TR like they were paper.

Alternatively, 700 will get you a new gun on a vehicle ... if you find you enjoy the armour and air game more you might want to use your 700 for one of those upgrades.

So I just played for 2 hours straight, game is pretty fantastic. You can feel the scale of the battles, and it looks really good.

I like my tactical mosquito gameplay, that thing is fun to fly in and pick off infantry with.

Watched the beginners guide and this really looks good. Sorry if answered, but what is the go for Australian's before I download 7GB.

Out of luck?

vilmer_

Trying to download from Steam but it's saying I need a subscription? Do I need to activate anything on my SOE account first?

Liberty4all

Banned
I volunteer to start a GAF outfit on Mattherson under the Vanu banner.

Anyone that wants in add me as a friend in game. I'll be on in a couple of hours, just have to make dinner and spend some time with my wife.

PM me here with your name and I'll add you in game once I log back on.

MrBig

Keeps crashing before the game launches so I'm reinstalling to see if that fixes it.

Their login servers are being overloaded and theyre working on bringing more online. May be related.

Watched the beginners guide and this really looks good. Sorry if answered, but what is the go for Australian's before I download 7GB.

Out of luck?

There is at least 1 AU server

Anyone else not able to get on to Mattherson anymore? I get a queue of 0.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Fucking queue bullshit 140, 137, 142, 138, 142.

I understand they don't want to add too many servers, but they clearly don't have enough.

Top Bottom