• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| Closed Beta

sp3000

Also, does anybody know where my computer is at in the Minimum or Reccommended range?
PC Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 220 2.8Ghz Dual Core
12 Gigs of Ram (Windows 7 64 Bit)
500gb Hardrive
ATI Radeon HD 5570 1 Gig
Slimline stock 220W PSU (I'm using a Slimline case because this is the one my computer came with lol)

That processor is ancient. I had an X2 220 back in 2006. I can't believe they are still selling PC's with them.

MrBig

Had an amazing night rolling with a huge platoon

iHhneKfijO2Fs.jpg

Took a lot of shots, I might do a picture story tomorrow

Pennybags

The Sunderer mortar is SOOOO broken right now!

How do I get into these large outfits? What server are they on? I'm on us east 1

Lots of big outfits on West 01. A couple of them are planning on moving to East 01 after the eventual character wipe, especially now that issues are being worked out of the system with those servers.

mr_nothin

Banned
Planetside was awesome today. Huge battles going on. Thanks Jhriad for the outfit invite.

So many vehicles!

I was there! I recorded it too, i was one of the guys on the ATV. Man we had to push out hard from the warpgate. This game is amazing! I've been playing all day.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Kind of wish to move the West 3 guys in there. We need to consolidate, at least onto one server, though the faction breakup would still happen.

Makes me hope for a player wipe, so won't have to be saddened from losing cert points if I moved.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kind of wish to move the West 3 guys in there. We need to consolidate, at least onto one server, though the faction breakup would still happen.

Makes me hope for a player wipe, so won't have to be saddened from losing cert points if I moved.

Character wipe is likely next week when the next patch hits.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Installed last night, got a code from my brother, on the EU1 server playing as TR.

Not really much to teach you and you're thrown straight in without knowing where to go. Ended up clicking on a fast travel and didn't realise you could only do it every 30mins. Ended up running all the way to a point where there was battles and it was immense!

Still getting the hang of all the different classes (how do you unlock weapons and upgrades?), loving the Recon Sniper at the moment, popping someone in the head and then cloaking and moving into a different location :D

Will keep me occupied this weekend for sure.

Jburton

Banned
Installed last night, got a code from my brother, on the EU1 server playing as TR.

Not really much to teach you and you're thrown straight in without knowing where to go. Ended up clicking on a fast travel and didn't realise you could only do it every 30mins. Ended up running all the way to a point where there was battles and it was immense!

Still getting the hang of all the different classes (how do you unlock weapons and upgrades?), loving the Recon Sniper at the moment, popping someone in the head and then cloaking and moving into a different location :D

Will keep me occupied this weekend for sure.

Throw up your username and I will add you later.

Acheteedo

Hey, how come this topic doesn't appear on the main page? Is there some weird Neogaf system in place that I'm unaware of?

EDIT - lol, just realised it was in community.

bjaelke

Is it somehow possible to transfer a beta invitation from one Station account to another? I got accepted into the beta but can't find the time right now, so I was hoping I could give it to one of you guys.

MrBig

So on this next character wipe we need to consolidate the servers GAF plays on. Just one for each region.

East01 or West01 depending on pop after wipes for NA and EU01 for EU.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Closer to East coast than West, though West 03 has ran fine for me almost 100% of the time.

Not as hardcore faction as others, but I've mostly been playing NC.

mr_nothin

Banned
Well it depends on how we want to play. If theres going to be a lot of new players then
East 01 is probably the way to go. There's not too many ppl on there but battles can get pretty big and the population will grow gradually over time. East servers are a little more relaxed and give you a chance to soak all of the mechanics in but also can get pretty epic at certain tes of the day and diring weekends.

West 01 is the premiere server if we want to go against a lot of outfits and want more of a challenge. West 01 is alot more chaotic too. If you just want all out epic action then West 01 is the way to go. All new players need to prepare to die alot even after they travel across the map. It'll prob be a little frustrating for new players.

Size of these patches is meaning I barely get to play this beta :(

What's the fucking deal with it I've never seen such huge patches dished out so frequently. Are they literally patching in new art asset revisions or something?

MenstrualBloodMage / EU1 / NC

MrBig

Size of these patches is meaning I barely get to play this beta :(

What's the fucking deal with it I've never seen such huge patches dished out so frequently. Are they literally patching in new art asset revisions or something?

~Weekly big patches are only a gb or so and the usual patches are only 30mb or so. And yes they are adding in UI assets, new weapon models and animations (for devs to play with atm), updating old assets, etc. They do use delta patching so nothing that doesn't need to be updated is being downloaded.

Well feels like I've had to patch like 5gb over the past week.
~Weekly big patches are only a gb or so and the usual patches are only 30mb or so. And yes they are adding in UI assets, new weapon models and animations (for devs to play with atm), updating old assets, etc. They do use delta patching so nothing that doesn't need to be updated is being downloaded.
I don't think it's responsible to be patching in new weapon models and textures so regularly when they can test that internally just fine. Imagine if people had bandwidth caps.

mr_nothin

Banned

I don't think it's responsible to be patching in new weapon models and textures so regularly when they can test that internally just fine. Imagine if people had bandwidth caps.
They test them on the same servers we play on, i believe. They also try to make sure it works in the environment they're patching it into before they role it out to the masses.

I can imagine people can stop testing the game if they wish not to use their bandwidth. It's not like you enter a beta for an MMO and don't expect that you're testing changes.

raphier

Banned
Everyone knows that Vanu is the superior race! * I am looking at you fanboi* Conglomerate is getting it's ass beaten from two fronts on EU1

MrBig

Luperza is doing a stream of an outfit right now. They're preparing for a huge MAX crash lol

They're also posting random Beta Keys in the chat

EDIT: HUUUGE Gal drop coming up now

This was great. I tagged along with them from Peris all the way to the end

Top Bottom