• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| Closed Beta

mr_nothin

Banned
I need this footage now! Sounds fucking awesome.

Uploading is taking it's time right now :(
I have a 50mbit down/10mbit upload and it's taking 2 hours to upload a freakin 800mb file to youtube.
Only about 45mins left but it really is a pretty awesome sight.

Also, what's in the video is just the fighting that was happening over the wide open field...I didnt even record the actual base defending part.
Hell, I didnt even record most of the really good stuff because recording was causing my fps to drop to 40fps and I really just wanted to be in the moment lol.

Moaradin

Actually, here's the video of that huge battle! 1st half of the video was at half resolution, bleh.

The end of the video shows me driving behind enemy lines with a lightning just to show you the scope of the battle. That was the backend of their fleet after they pushed us back some.

That looked fucking awesome.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
whew, had a prolong battle with mostly VS, around The Crown and west of it, along that long bridge towards TI Alooys, back and forth. NC pushed as far as A point of Altarium *spelling*, but got pushed hard back to the Crown. Taking turns taking over the bridge towards TI Alloys. Tanks everywhere, but VS had constant air superiority. NC's pilots just never stayed up long enough. We needed a few liberators to take out some tanks...

mr_nothin

Banned
How long are they down for? This game is soo good.

It'll be back up in 1 hour. Servers are up at 6am PST/9am EST and go down 12am PST/3am EST on the weekdays.

In other news,
I cant wait for the new Esamir continent this week (hopefully the update comes tomorrow night). Higby said that in Esamir, the bases are alot more spread out so you'll have more vehicle warfare in the open fields. I wonder how they're going to treat Amerish.

Arksy

It'll be back up in 1 hour. Servers are up at 6am PST/9am EST and go down 12am PST/3am EST on the weekdays.

In other news,
I cant wait for the new Esamir continent this week (hopefully the update comes tomorrow night). Higby said that in Esamir, the bases are alot more spread out so you'll have more vehicle warfare in the open fields. I wonder how they're going to treat Amerish.

Thanks.

I don't know if that's a good thing because that means if you're out of resources it's a LONG walk to a battle. :(

mr_nothin

Banned
Thanks.

I don't know if that's a good thing because that means if you're out of resources it's a LONG walk to a battle. :(

ATVs, Beacons, Instant Action, Sunderers will all make it easier and they will also be a lot more valuable. Not trying to insinuate anything by saying this but I think Esamir will be for people that are looking for a bit more strategy involved when it comes to resources and vehicle management. I know that there's a looonnnngggg thread about cutting back on some of the bases to provide for more of a strategic approach. I love the idea that different continents will provide different kinds of gameplay that fit different tastes.

Arksy

ATVs, Beacons, Instant Action, Sunderers will all make it easier and they will also be a lot more valuable. Not trying to insinuate anything by saying this but I think Esamir will be for people that are looking for a bit more strategy involved when it comes to resources and vehicle management. I know that there's a looonnnngggg thread about cutting back on some of the bases to provide for more of a strategic approach. I love the idea that different continents will provide different kinds of gameplay that fit different tastes.

You're definitely right. It's just that playing that strategic game is difficult when you're playing solo without a proper outfit and are just joining to have a bit of fun. But I suppose that's what Indra is for, if you're solo you just join that one.

Lonestar

I miss galaxies being spawn points. Rushing in to land on a landing bay on one of the dome stations, and holding the beachhead, was fun.

Haven't play alot since the wipe (trying not to burn myself out on PS2), but I saw my first Galaxy since the wipe yesterday. Here's the story on it:

Someone parked it near a battle, and it eventually was destroyed. The End.

Still, the back and forth infantry/sunderer/tank battle last night that I was in around The Crown, was really good.

Keasar

I miss galaxies being spawn points. Rushing in to land on a landing bay on one of the dome stations, and holding the beachhead, was fun.

Haven't play alot since the wipe (trying not to burn myself out on PS2), but I saw my first Galaxy since the wipe yesterday. Here's the story on it:

Someone parked it near a battle, and it eventually was destroyed. The End.

Still, the back and forth infantry/sunderer/tank battle last night that I was in around The Crown, was really good.

I like it better with the Sunderers, gives the Galaxies a more exclusive feeling while also a bigger role as a paratrooper transport for assaults on ex. Biodomes. It also makes it way more fun trying to attack the large bases that have walls and such around them as now you have first fight your way up to the wall, disable the shield and then fight your way into the complex. Earlier you could just land on the roof and quickly spread all over the place. Light Assaults have a bigger role nowadays in such attacks.

Lonestar

I couldn't remember who I played as in the original.

Hopefully, the East server works out alright for you (you live in the UK, right?)

Maybe I'll create 2 other characters, and test all factions out. Blame it on the Alzheimers.

MrBig

Just to note, I think it's going to be best to keep the official GAF server as Themisto and if people want to branch out due to latency reasons we'll keep it to one alternate server per region. As of right now we don't exactly have a enough GAF players to get a healthy community going on just Themisto.

Themisto seems to be the most popular East server, Metis in the West. Not sure about EU.

Lonestar

Well, the newest patch has cause a few people to hold off until anothe patch comes, because of issues.

We had 8-14 people on West 3 NC (though perhaps some of them were randoms we came across). Right now, I think we have 3.

Moaradin

Just to note, I think it's going to be best to keep the official GAF server as Themisto and if people want to branch out due to latency reasons we'll keep it to one alternate server per region. As of right now we don't exactly have a enough GAF players to get a healthy community going on just Themisto.

Themisto seems to be the most popular East server, Metis in the West. Not sure about EU.

Can people post their character name and faction so we can get a list going to set-up friends lists and easily organize Outfits?

In this format, so I can easily arrange it "name - region - faction"

MrBig - US East - VS

Moaradin - US East - TR

MrBig

That looks to be going well, and it seems to be easy to edit if any major changes happen again. The list view also makes it easy to sort by faction and server to find people, and I get cool graphs in the summary view
Just point any new players that show up here to this link.

Atrophis

Finally got a key :O Just need to wait for the parts for my new rig to arrive next week and I'll be joining Vanu.

Shitty timing though, just bought a copy of GW2 which is going to get no play now.

Keasar

Fuck every single person ever who spawncamps with their engineer turrets.

Fuck em straight to hell.

Especially if they are a Terran Fascist or a Vanu Neon Hippie.

Lonestar

testing out TR and now, I haven't gotten into battle, but having a 3 round burst pistol, better sounding machine guns, and a 2 shot battletank...I like those better than NC's versions...

Arksy

And Vanu is a balance of the 2 but with superior accuracy on auto fire guns

Vanu are super accurate with zero bullet-drop with 'infinite' range but the flipside is that over extreme distances the potency of the particle diminishes and eventually reaches zero.

Alrix

I just got an email from SOE inviting me to the beta, but when I go to the download link it just tells me either to log in, and if I've logged in already it just says

"No need to sign up again, we've got your info!

We're excited too! Just keep checking for updates at the e-mail address you provided us during registration and we'll let you know just as soon as you're accepted into Beta.
If you haven't already, please fill out our Questionnaire to help us in select our Beta candidates."

anyone else have this issue? also there was no beta key in the email.

Top Bottom