• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

demonkaze

if you change your location in setting to US you can get it today. And without the Australia tax!
Edit: Assuming you're on X1 here

At the risk of sounding stupid, could someone point me in the direction of how I can do this? I'm from the UK and would like to get the US X1 version now if possible. I'm assuming its using a US XBL account, would that mean I wouldn't be able to use my normal UK account to play the game online?

Sorry for all the potential stupid questions haha.

Mdk7

Fanart incoming.
(sooner or later)
BhWJ_f7CMAEPTyc.png

theytookourjobz

Bought one of the 40k packs and unlocked a new version of the football dude I guess (cricket bat). Seems like his weapon thing is different. Does anyone know about the different "versions" of each class? I understand the consumable stickers and the customize ones but not clear on the new character ones.

Mdk7

Bought one of the 40k packs and unlocked a new version of the football dude I guess (cricket bat). Seems like his weapon thing is different. Does anyone know about the different "versions" of each class? I understand the consumable stickers and the customize ones but not clear on the new character ones.

They are visually completely different and pretty much brand new in terms of abilities, for example the Frozen Peashooter i got slows you down after each successful hit and eventually freezes you right on the spot for like 3".
Pretty powerful stuff, and a nice cool alternative you can choose.

Yesterday online a saw a kickass lava Cactus that sent enemies on fire, i hope to get that one day since he looked badass.

Friction

At the risk of sounding stupid, could someone point me in the direction of how I can do this? I'm from the UK and would like to get the US X1 version now if possible. I'm assuming its using a US XBL account, would that mean I wouldn't be able to use my normal UK account to play the game online?

Sorry for all the potential stupid questions haha.

Yes you would. As long as you set the US account as home on your Xbone.

Two was of doing this:
1. Migrate your account from UK to US and then buy the game.
2. Create and alternate US account (silver) and buy the game.

HTH

Friction

Alternate versions of the characters. I'm grinding all my coins for the 40k pack and the occasional 1k. Once all they are unlock, I'm going to go for the cheaper packs for customization items.

Btw, anyone have a good All-Star strategy? Not doing very well with this class. :(

tkalamba

They are visually completely different and pretty much brand new in terms of abilities, for example the Frozen Peashooter i got slows you down after each successful hit and eventually freezes you right on the spot for like 3".
Pretty powerful stuff, and a nice cool alternative you can choose.

Yesterday online a saw a kickass lava Cactus that sent enemies on fire, i hope to get that one day since he looked badass.

Do you happen to know what the Shadow Sunflower does? As far as I can tell, it uses dark energy as its main weapon instead of the regular sunflower attack, but I can't tell in my limited play time if it actually does anything different.

Mdk7

Do you happen to know what the Shadow Sunflower does? As far as I can tell, it uses dark energy as its main weapon instead of the regular sunflower attack, but I can't tell in my limited play time as it if it actually does anything different.

Don't have him in my tier, sorry. :(

MarkusRJR

Not sure if I want to do digital or physical. I like having a nice boxed collection, but it's a multiplayer only game so it seems like it'd be a hassle if I get the random urge to play.

Also, how bad are these server issues I'm hearing about?

tkalamba

Not sure if I want to do digital or physical. I like having a nice boxed collection, but it's a multiplayer only game so it seems like it'd be a hassle if I get the random urge to play.

I had minor issues not connecting to a server, but usually got in on a second try. It isn't so bad. Once in I ran into no issues.

TRios Zen

Bought this on a whim from the positive impressions in this thread.

Only played a bit of MP on the "welcome mat" yesterday, but enjoyed what I played. I think this will fill the void till Titanfall hits, very nicely.

Disappointed in the 20000 sticker pack I bought (nothing too cool in there sadly), but fortunately coins are pretty easy to come by.

Does anyone else thinks this game would also have been an amazing Worms game?

Not that the game itself is not amazing with the PvZ franchise, but I really want to see a worms games in the same esque of this one.

Played for about two hours last night. What a great class-based third person shooter. Really like the individual feel of each of the characters, and each of them feels useful in certain situations. It is a shame about the server issues, though -- I was only able to play Welcome Mat and Team Vanquish last night when all I really wanted to try out was Gardens & Graveyards. Hope they can fix this issue relatively quickly because it's really a great game.

dem0neyes

I like the fact that each character really feels unique and you have to take a different approach to different situations. Really unfortunate they went with their own servers though. gt is dem0neyes if anyone wants to team up and try to win a game as the zombies

hwalker84

Do you happen to know what the Shadow Sunflower does? As far as I can tell, it uses dark energy as its main weapon instead of the regular sunflower attack, but I can't tell in my limited play time if it actually does anything different.
From the main menu go to the book (can't remember the name). You can see the difference's there.

So what's the server situation like now? Are you guys able to play? At work now and interested if they've done anything to improve it since last night.

Fingers crossed the postman brings my copy early tomorrow instead of friday, always a chance!

I'll be able to compare both the xbox one and 360 versions as I have ordered both, xbox one version for myself.

MrBlonde

Xbox One servers any better or any updates on when they will be? I could not play last night, pretty frustrating.

I was able to play 2 solo rounds of the horde mode which was really boring by myself. It was saying I was getting coins but after the match I didnt have any and it said the sticker store was down? Where are my coins?

Xbox One servers any better or any updates on when they will be? I could not play last night, pretty frustrating.

I was able to play 2 solo rounds of the horde mode which was really boring by myself. It was saying I was getting coins but after the match I didnt have any and it said the sticker store was down? Where are my coins?

This game is on EA's servers.

So should I go to toys r us and get a copy with a $10 gift card?

Probably won't see it cheaper than 30 for a while

Yes the game is extremely fun =)

RedStep

Picked this up last night and had a blast (when the servers were up), can't wait to dive back in. Here's why you should buy it:

Graphics are great (XBO). All the whining about resolution was completely unfounded in my opinion. I stopped and stared for a bit and I don't think I could have discerned if it was 1080p (I know it's 900p). In something like AC4, the difference is noticeable and it can be a mess with the details and jagged lines. I assume it's the art style and maybe AA, but the game is fast and just nice to look at.

MP options are awesome. I played with my two kids (5&6) - we had me and one kid in split screen holding down the fort while the other was on the iPad dropping sunflowers, cherry bombs, and reviving downed players. It's rare to have those different levels of skill/accessibility working in sync. My only wish is that Split Screen had a difficulty selector like Garden Ops (it may and I didn't see it).

Collectibles and card packs are addicting without being a cash grab. Putting stickers together to assemble new characters is a brilliant move, as are the different types of card packs (instead of Bronze/Silver/Gold, etc).

Only $32 at Best Buy with GCU, or $40 with a $10 gift card at TRU!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
this game is awesome. I am shocked by how well it plays.

The gameplay is also deeper than the visual art style suggests. The asymmetric classes to interesting tactics. Just wish that more people would recognize the importance of forming groups and mutual reviving.

Caayn

Lol, something is up with the servers. Every player shows up as "?" and the "playername [weapon] playername" in the top right corner of the screen only shows the weapon.

Gotta say I'm enjoying this more than the Titan fall beta. Good job popcap. Also kinda crazy how much bigger in scope this is compared to there mobile type games. Hopefully they get bigger projects now.

VASPER

Banned
Damn this game is really fun, i am very happy that they made it 12v12 makes for the right kind of chaos. played about 3-4 hours of it and really enjoy it.

I think what they should do with this game is release a free to play version where you have to buy card packs with real money. If you buy the game like us then the card packs are earned with in-game currency. The choice of F2P or not would then be up to the player.

Giving the game away for free would boost users and the option to upgrade to the paid version would be there for people who don't like F2P but want to demo the game.

Servers are excellent. After initial connection troubles, I hard reset and since then every match connects instantly and runs smoothly without interruptions. I'm having a better online experience with this than Titanfall beta or Battlefield 4. I'm getting into games extremely fast.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My experience have been overall great so far. The only Shooters I've ever wanted to play this much are Team Fortress 2 back with the Orange Box, Monday Night Combat, and Lost Planet 1 and 2. It's like taking much of what I love about Awesomenauts and Team Fortress 2, and mixing it in a blender.

Fanart incoming.
(sooner or later)
BhWJ_f7CMAEPTyc.png

As a frequent of the KI thread, this looks oddly familiar... ;-) Great to see you jumping onto it, I was actually thinking about doing something for the game too, it's got enough personality to deserve it!

Is the xbox one and 360 cross-platform multiplayer?

Nope, sorry.

So what's the server situation like now? Are you guys able to play? At work now and interested if they've done anything to improve it since last night.

I played Team Vanquish all last night, and the only issue I had was a disconnect from EA servers around 1am EST that stopped me in the middle of splitscreen'n. After that, I'd get into a match of T.V almost instantly upon trying. It's been crazy responsive for me, and I haven't even experienced any noticeable lag or such...

Gotta say I'm enjoying this more than the Titan fall beta. Good job popcap. Also kinda crazy how much bigger in scope this is compared to there mobile type games. Hopefully they get bigger projects now.

I know people complain about this game not being released for every console under the sun at once, but I really think focusing on one basic release (kinda 2) helped them polish the actual game up really nicely. I hope they can continue on like this with the game, releasing it only after substantial updates and such make it worthy of a new SKU.

I think what they should do with this game is release a free to play version where you have to buy card packs with real money. If you buy the game like us then the card packs are earned with in-game currency. The choice of F2P or not would then be up to the player.

Would kinda be the TF2 / Kinda KI route.

Servers are excellent. After initial connection troubles, I hard reset and since then every match connects instantly and runs smoothly without interruptions. I'm having a better online experience with this than Titanfall beta or Battlefield 4. I'm getting into games extremely fast.

*nod* same for me this morning, haven't played in the past few hours. It's going in that "so fast it might as well be offline" way for me, in my experience, which really removes the sting of this being a "Multiplayer Only" game.

Netprints

I guess I have one complaint about the game. When playing with friends it is hard to figure out who your friends are. The over the head indicators are not there 100% of the time. They only appear if you aim at them and when it does show up it is tiny. I hope they add a better way to reading peoples GTs.

So I just got this and every time it finds a server and then errors out saying my connections bad but I'm on everything else in my place so my internet is up. Any ideas or is it on server side?

Camjo-Z

This online is really inconsistent... had some great matches earlier, only for the past three games to boot me out to either the main menu or completely close the game.

So I just got this and every time it finds a server and then errors out saying my connections bad but I'm on everything else in my place so my internet is up. Any ideas or is it on server side?

There have been server issues since launch. Fixes that have worked for some people include restarting your Xbox or closing out of the game and reloading.

once i get in a game i stay there haha, these servers are no bueno and making me :/ but oh well

there are other maps right? i usually just stay in welcome mat playlist and we play the same level over and over

i know there are different ones in graveyards but what about the other playlists

they need to make a patch to have potato bombs disappear if an enemy is killed, hate getting killed by one after i kill an enemy

Top Bottom