• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Bsigg12

The smartglass integration with boss mode is great. My girlfriend was helping everyone and dropping bombs and stuff while I was playing.

Really enjoying the game so far.

Shady859

Having fun and no problems on 360, choppers and plants in general are overpowered. No legs past Titanfall but fun while it lasts.

B-Dex

Get out of the welcome mat playlist if you want to try the other maps.

Gardens and graveyards is a blast if you have 2 good teams. (Or if you steamroll)

Garden ops is really difficult. Mostly because everyone is low rank with few upgrades.

Get out of the welcome mat playlist if you want to try the other maps.

Gardens and graveyards is a blast if you have 2 good teams. (Or if you steamroll)

Garden ops is really difficult. Mostly because everyone is low rank with few upgrades.

But man, Garden Ops PAYS OUT if you beat it. I got roughly 9K on one Hard run, though we did manage to win and evacuate.

Caayn

Just got my first lvl 5 character :D

Really dislike the "vanquish 5 elevated zombies" kind of challenges. People rarely sit in a higher spot than you, and if they do they'll move away, get shot by a teammate, or the kill doesn't register for the challenge...
Other than that, I like the challenges as they promote teamplay. And don't require you to go out of your way to earn them.
Having fun and no problems on 360, choppers and plants in general are overpowered. No legs past Titanfall but fun while it lasts.
Same fear here. Shame it's a fun game.

Great game.

Haven't had any issues connecting online.

Been spending most of my time playing Garden Ops which is great fun. hint: More than one healer helps A LOT!!

Did some multiplayer and my team kept losing whether we were the plants or the zombies so I'm not sure who is op'ed...If I had to pick I'd say the zombies are slightly more powerful.

I think this will have legs after Titanfall..Personally, I wasn't too impressed by the Titanfall beta, more of the same old same old...Garden Warfare is just a lot of lighthearted fun..Fun twist on an oversaturated genre...Easily worth the 40 bucks.

Beast780

So just got done downloading this on my XBone and servers are down. Just my luck. My GamerTag is Beast780 if anyone's interested in more Garden Warfare friends.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I just got the game on the xbone and it wont so much as let me look at the options without signing into Origin. Is that normal?

RoKKeR

Fearing this as well but I think it might be something fun to come back to if I ever need a break from Titanfall.

levemir

Banned
Plants are way over powered. Zombies don't stand a chance

This! Especially that chomper plant and the pea shooters chili bean. Going into the capture zone is impossible sometimes, potato mines that kill in one shot, the vines that pick you up, the chili beans all over the place and choppers underground. Not to mention all the pot plants and the 8+ other players gathered round.

RoKKeR

This! Especially that chomper plant and the pea shooters chili bean. Going into the capture zone is impossible sometimes, potato mines that kill in one shot, the vines that pick you up, the chili beans all over the place and choppers underground. Not to mention all the pot plants and the 8+ other players gathered round.

Man...fuck those chili beans.

Yeah, plants are OP. Might try out TDM. Still crazy fun, though.

The timing for this game could not be worse. If it had come out a month ago, I'd have bought it day one. But 2 weeks before Titanfall, with server issues to boot?

It's going to be interesting to see how this game is doing a month from now. If the audience isn't there the game is dead. Your purchase is made worthless. If it had a single player campaign of sorts I could at lease justify the purchase with that, but no.

JMizzlin

Is there no four player split-screen co-op? I thought the box said it did?

I ended up buying a digital copy but am unsure whether or not I receive the two bonus packs that you get for buying physical. Anyone know?

Mastamind

Is there no four player split-screen co-op? I thought the box said it did?

I ended up buying a digital copy but am unsure whether or not I receive the two bonus packs that you get for buying physical. Anyone know?

I bought it digitally and had two sticker packs available when i first started, one of which was a new character. Check the stickershop.

Tusk

Sooo, how many exactly got this for the 360? :p Half the people that are on my Friends list that even get on are on the One and everyone else still plays borderlands or CoD/H4.

So, was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing together. Maybe make a group and wreck a bunch of people.
Game freaked me out earlier though. Said my rank went back to 1 and had nothing at all, but then I restarted it and it all went back to normal.

Edit: Also, gotta say. there's only one thing that actually annoys me about this game. It's how fast you'll get removed from a match for being idle. Like, it really kicks you too quickly.

Camjo-Z

This! Especially that chomper plant and the pea shooters chili bean.

The chompers don't seem overly OP to me, every zombie class has a way to escape their underground shenanigans and if they eat you from behind they're still stuck unable to attack for a short while, usually leading to their death if you were near anyone else.

I do think that the plants in general are a bit overpowered in comparison to the zombies though. I'll take the ability to plant a healing sunflower at any pot over randomly being able to spawn a braindead, easy to kill AI zombie any day.

MrBlonde

Servers are crap, I got into a couple TDM matches but I tried multiple times to play gardens and graveyards and it just sat there for over ten minutes and then when I cancel matchmaking the game freezes, a MP only game and this is what we deal with, I only have an hour or two to game at night, I dont have time to wait around.

the game is fun and is not easy, shooting is tough,i hope i can get the hang of it. I suck so far but this is the type of game that i can see just having fun with and not worrying about how good i am. I do wish the matches went to 75 it 100, they are over to quick. Wish u got coins a little faster, just over 18k and i think I'll save for the 20k pack,

what packs have u guys been getting, is the 20k pack worth it?

jond76

Banned
Servers are crap, I got into a couple TDM matches but I tried multiple times to play gardens and graveyards and it just sat there for over ten minutes and then when I cancel matchmaking the game freezes, a MP only game and this is what we deal with, I only have an hour or two to game at night, I dont have time to wait around.

the game is fun and is not easy, shooting is tough,i hope i can get the hang of it. I suck so far but this is the type of game that i can see just having fun with and not worrying about how good i am. I do wish the matches went to 75 it 100, they are over to quick. Wish u got coins a little faster, just over 18k and i think I'll save for the 20k pack,

I don't whats in it but I'm saving up. The disco zombie beckons me!

Not sure why people are having server issues. The only 2 bad issues i Had was the "?" replacing everyone's name for one game and then the initial cant find a game quickly on launch day.

Outside these two it has been very smooth sailings. Maybe check your NAT's and such.

hwalker84

Chat issues are annoying. So weird. Not being able to read your teammates gamertag is also annoying.

My NAT is perfect (I work in networking)

Hubble

The smartglass integration with boss mode is great. My girlfriend was helping everyone and dropping bombs and stuff while I was playing.

Really enjoying the game so far.

Everyone make sure to checkout smartglass. It's one of the best integrations I've seen in a game so far.

You can call in airstrikes, parachute health pick-ups, place coconut radars to show zombies on the map, use it as a map, etc., etc with smartglass.

Pollux

Save for 40. Nothing that good in 20 based off the two I've purchased.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Everyone make sure to checkout smartglass. It's one of the best integrations I've seen in a game so far.

You can call in airstrikes, parachute health pick-ups, place coconut radars to show zombies on the map, use it as a map, etc., etc with smartglass.
That sounds very very slick.

Kinda bummed this doesn't have some kind of dedicated single player mode to it.

I'd imagine it could have been something like Orcs Must Die! or Iron Brigade where you play as a mobile plant, but set trap plants during the course of the level. I see hints of that in the gameplay I was watching where you can set turret plants, but a beefy single player/Co-op campaign like those two games could have been cool to see.

Does look like it's a lot of fun regardless. Might try out the PC version some day.

derFeef

Downloaded and ready for play this evening (EU time).
I hope the beta update does not mess things up - add daFeef if you need supportings :)

Shady859

Played probably 10-12 games so far of G&G not all in same lobby I played different times. Only once have I seen zombies win and the rest of the time was plants sweep or 6/7 held. The one win was a zombie team full of level 20+ on like half the team and they just steam rolled. I did manage 30+ kills with that stupid chomper plant.

Played probably 10-12 games so far of G&G not all in same lobby I played different times. Only once have I seen zombies win and the rest of the time was plants sweep or 6/7 held. The one win was a zombie team full of level 20+ on like half the team and they just steam rolled. I did manage 30+ kills with that stupid chomper plant.

Yeah, it really does seem like the plants have quite the advantage. Been playing all night and only won with the zombies once. Other than that, the most we got was 1 capture point and nothing in between.

So, I have about 30k coins right now. Is it worth it to save for the 40k pack?

Mdk7

I've played probably five or six games and i've reached the end in two maps (Dave's Mansion and the one with Cucumbers) with the zombies.
It's SO rewarding when you arrive at the end, seriously awesome stuff (also the final stage of the battle is based on a different goal, like sending 5 CPU controlled zombies inside the mansion or blowing up 4 rockets).
With the plants, i once scored a perfect victory holding every base... so maybe plants have a slight advantage, but it seems pretty balanced to me.

As a frequent of the KI thread, this looks oddly familiar... ;-) Great to see you jumping onto it, I was actually thinking about doing something for the game too, it's got enough personality to deserve it!
Glad you like my style buddy, i appreciate.
I did the Chomper as well (90% done), here's a preview:
BhZ-gZeCIAAIvBo.png

I plan on making a composition kinda like the one i made for Hyper Light Drifter, i want to pay homage to Popcap since i do love their games and their attitude. :D

People saying plants are OP haven't played enough or played with a good team of Zombies.

Also, boss mode with a second player using a tablet is a lot of fun and very useful.

The servers seem solid. Day one there was a little bit of issues once servers were stressed, but they rolled out a patch this morning (to their servers) that seemed to have fixed most issues.

The only issue that is still ongoing is voice chat only works in some matches, even thought it shows you talking / the others players, you can't hear them.

I'm honestly having way more fun with this than the Titanfall beta. Everyone in my house is playing it.

Hell my boyfriend and my roommate wake up EARLY to play this...we never wake up before noon.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
The plants win every match I play in. In G&G I was in zombie team and we couldn't get near the garden. Sunflower plants zapping us instantly from miles away, lots of them.

I don't get why people keep saying that garden ops is hard, I've found it pretty easy. I've finished normal with mediocre teams, and hard is fine as long as you got a good healer. Maybe its because I've played so much ME3 multiplayer? *shrug*

Mdk7

I don't get why people keep saying that garden ops is hard, I've found it pretty easy. I've finished normal with mediocre teams, and hard is fine as long as you got a good healer. Maybe its because I've played so much ME3 multiplayer? *shrug*

Yeah i agree. Hell, i've even beat it in 3 with all the plants rescued by Dave!
I still need to try it in hard mode though.

Nintyb

Banned
I've gotten to the last round on normal Garden Ops solo. You definitely need a solid team on Hard+.

Having so much fun with this game. Hit rank 20 last night.

My uk xbox one and 360 versions just arrived, going to give it a spin before I head to work this afternoon.

I have the code for two free card packs, are they set in stone content or does the game give you two 10k coin packs or something?

People saying plants are OP haven't played enough or played with a good team of Zombies.

Also, boss mode with a second player using a tablet is a lot of fun and very useful.

The servers seem solid. Day one there was a little bit of issues once servers were stressed, but they rolled out a patch this morning (to their servers) that seemed to have fixed most issues.

The only issue that is still ongoing is voice chat only works in some matches, even thought it shows you talking / the others players, you can't hear them.

I'm honestly having way more fun with this than the Titanfall beta. Everyone in my house is playing it.

Hell my boyfriend and my roommate wake up EARLY to play this...we never wake up before noon.

I spent half of yesterday watching multiple streams of PvZ and there is a lot of hidden strategy people right now are ignoring, run and gun strats doesn't always seem to work.

Hm it seems that I am getting a lot of oversea servers when I join games, I know that I have the game a day early but really, the lag is annoying me and makes aiming with the all-star rather hard.

Also chompers, so annoying to counter their attacks when you have half a second delay.

Friction

Hm it seems that I am getting a lot of oversea servers when I join games, I know that I have the game a day early but really, the lag is annoying me and makes aiming with the all-star rather hard.

Also chompers, so annoying to counter their attacks when you have half a second delay.

All star just doesn't match up well against the chomper. Engineer (sonic bomb), the Soldier (jump to the roof) and the scientist (warp) have excellent counters though.

Top Bottom