• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

FHIZ

can't get in a game :( just says "found a great server" then error

Just keep trying... and trying... and trying. It's worked for training mat, I've yet to get into Gardens & Graveyards.

Somewhere, there's someone polishing a golden poo statue with EA's name on it.

EDIT: I GOT IN ONE! Never leaving this server. This spot is mine!

Camjo-Z

Hmm... the server issues are annoying and I'm having a bit of lag but it seems pretty fun so far. Haven't gotten to try the zombies much yet but Chomper and Sunflower are pretty fun.

Hawk269

I will be downloading this later today if anyone wants to add me as a friend to play.

Xbox One Version.

GT: Hawk269

hwalker84

I'm having issues with voice chat. Seems that I can hear people but they cannot hear me my mic shows active. It also seems like when I join a live party and then leave my mic is completely dead both hearing and trying to speak. Kinect chat is off headset only.

Mastamind

The matchmaking seems to be kind of terrible. Only can get in games about 50% of the time. If i cant get in the game I cant back out of matchmaking without exiting the game.

Just purchased this, it's my first day 1 digital download ever for a retail release. Hopefully the community doesn't die in 2 weeks. Also was wondering what kind of smart glass support is in this?

Ok smartglass features sound awesome, my daughter can be support while I'm rocking co-op.

Smokey

Got the digital copy as I've done with all of my X1 games :p

No SP mode to get feet wet? Never played PvZ before. Every option in the menu seems to take you to matchmaking.

hwalker84

Got the digital copy as I've done with all of my X1 games :p

No SP mode to get feet wet? Never played PvZ before. Every option in the menu seems to take you to matchmaking.
You can do Garden Ops by yourself. Also if you started the game before it was 100% you could run around and get a feel for the characters with minimal interference.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does the 360 one have split screen co-op? It's listed in the description but I thought it was only X1.

If it does, instant purchase.

EDIT: Unless you need Gold to play it, since I'm not renewing that.

Friction

In asia and bought it from the US store. Problem is I'm unable to connect to any of the MP rooms. "Unable to join session". Probably it's because that servers are only up in the States? Anyone else seeing this problem?

hwalker84

In asia and bought it from the US store. Problem is I'm unable to connect to any of the MP rooms. "Unable to join session". Probably it's because that servers are only up in the States? Anyone else seeing this problem?
Servers are fucked. The game now says "Attention we're aware of matchmaking... Blah blah" and also "servers will be taken down at 2am pst to fix issues". Damn EA servers. Should've used Microsoft cloud.

Friction

Servers are fucked. The game now says "Attention we're aware of matchmaking... Blah blah" and also "servers will be taken down at 2am pst to fix issues". Damn EA servers. Should've used Microsoft cloud.

Agree 100%. Titanfal was smooth as butter when using Azure. I guess EA wants all that useful usage data. Go EA!

RoKKeR

Well GAF, I'm about to pull the trigger. Looks like it could be a fun "distractor" type game from something like Titanfall if I just want to relax and have fun for a bit. Worth the $40? Initial impressions seem positive.

Well GAF, I'm about to pull the trigger. Looks like it could be a fun "distractor" type game from something like Titanfall if I just want to relax and have fun for a bit. Worth the $40? Initial impressions seem positive.

Really fun for me. Played for hours and hours tonight.

skitzyzim

Banned
Picked this up digitally, so far it seems pretty cool.. please feel free to add me: skitzyzim

I need to boost up my friends list, since I haven't really played a lot of online multiplayer in several years.

rcl66

Welcome Matt just said looking for perfect match. After several minutes I cancelled it and it's been "canceling matchmaking" for several minutes. Frostbite engine fails for mp.

RoKKeR

Alright, just pulled the trigger. Looking forward to it!

RoKKeR IV if any of you want a fellow GAFer to play with.

Game is awesome, how do you consume stickers? The whole sticker thing in general kinda confuses me.

The cosmetics stickers are automatically added to your customization options for the class they are for.

The plant/zombie consumables are used when you either plant a flower in one of the glowing pots or summon a zombie from a dirt pile.

Those are the two main types, but I have seen a couple different rare ones here and there.

JeffG

The cosmetics stickers are automatically added to your customization options for the class they are for.

The plant/zombie consumables are used when you either plant a flower in one of the glowing pots or summon a zombie from a dirt pile.

Those are the two main types, but I have seen a couple different rare ones here and there.

I got a sticker that allows you to redo a wave in the wave/horde mode

Loving the game! And it's very pretty and smooth. I really love the netcode in this, it feels like I'm playing a local match.

My two complains so far is that the soundtrack during matches is a total downer, they need to replace them asap! And it takes ages to find a match sometimes... Getting into a match your party is playing seems kinda of a hit and miss also.

Was trying to revive someone then a plant came out of the ground and ate me. Was also running along and I hear a voice behind me and it was a sunflower if I'm not mistaken it was wearing glasses. It just made me laugh. A lot of cool details in this game.

Mindlog

Discovered a wicked bug where my garlic drone sort of fell under the map and I my view never returned. Leaning on past experience I tried to die on purpose and that fixed the problem.

The game looks great even on 360 and it's a lot of fun. It will probably have far less staying power than ME3MP did for me even though the similarities are many.

I really want to buy this game in order to have more Xbox One games to play, but I can't justify the $40. Feel like this game will lose it's value easily and go down to $20 in a month or so.

Game looks so fun though. :(

Not that I'm aware of. Just as long as you've got a valid payment method you'll be fine. Have been doing it since day one, purchased everything with my main account due to the ease of switching marketplaces, I doubt that I'll return to my countries marketplace (whenever it comes online) as the US is way cheaper
and the early release of games in the US compared to Europe is a nice extra

Thanks for your reply and it seems like a great option being able to buy games in the US for less. Wondering if setting the game on a US account, tthis will mean I won't be able to play with people over here in my Tier 3 country ( Netherlands ). Any thought on this?

derFeef

Thanks for your reply and it seems like a great option being able to buy games in the US for less. Wondering if setting the game on a US account, tthis will mean I won't be able to play with people over here in my Tier 3 country ( Netherlands ). Any thought on this?

You can, playing with people all over the planet ;) I switch region frm time to time to get german/english language in the games for example.

Been playing for a few hours. This game is really great fun. Garden Ops is a blast. It's like a crayola box exploded over Horde mode.

The way it gradually unlocks abilities and stickers is classic PopCap; excellent game design. There is a ton of stuff to unlock in the game so it has a good feeling of progress as you play.

Love the art design and graphics. Map design is pretty great too. I will definitely be coming back to this game for a long a time to unlock everything and get new DLC. This is a really nice change of pace from the more mature/gritty shooter games on the market.

The boss mode is pretty fun if you want a casual gaming experience. It's a little bit like the PvZ smartphone games, but simpler. Would've been cool if you could unlock and plant specific defenses in this mode like the touch screen games.

Compared to something like Team Fortress 2 I would say there is more game here.

Friction

Played Garden Ops until Rank 9. Love the game. My favorite for now is the Peashooter. Chomper a close second.

The colorful presentation is refreshing.

Still can't play MP though. :( Getting the "Unable to join session" error. *sigh*

Mdk7

Played 4 hours yesterday night with a friend, seriously had a lot of fun with this.
I'm not that big on Garden Ops (while i usually dig cooperative play), but i guess that's mainly due to the Horde mechanic being a little abused lately.
I found a surprising little gem in Deathmatch and Gardens & Tombstones: i love the interactions and the differences between classes, there's tons of action and rhythm on the battlefield, and it's so refreshing and fun to die by the hands of a cactus dressed up like a british lord with huge nerd glasses and a neon orange camouflage.

There is a subtle and relevant depth to this game: if you expect an average shooter with zany characters you'll be surprised (both by the gameplay AND the zany characters, LOL).

ilMikhail

wow I'm really surprised how good is the multiplayer :O , co-op mode and competitive mode are so damn fun and addictive ............this game deserves to sell a lot ¡¡¡¡

Top Bottom