• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

How's the lag?

For what I know, the game doesn't run on dedicated servers (it's P2P).. So with 24 player I'm kind of worried it'll be a subpar experience.

Where are you getting this info that it's P2P? I'm almost certain it's not.

I think one of the reviews said that the plants were OP in that Gardens & Graveyards mode.

I've seen a few vids where the Zombies just steam roll. I would say it has more to do with the people you're playing with.

Is there any 360 footage floating around? Curious to see how it turned out.

Quite a few on YouTube

Man, this game is just a ton of fun. Meant to play a couple of matches and ended up playing 10 or so. It definitely takes more work as a Zombie to win in G&G, but it is doable. I also really like the sticker concept, you get enough coins per match that getting even the higher end packs doesn't feel like much of a grind. I really hope that Titanfall doesn't completely kill this game's community since it is a nice change of pace and something I could see myself going back to a lot as long as the player base is there.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
How's the lag?

For what I know, the game doesn't run on dedicated servers (it's P2P).. So with 24 player I'm kind of worried it'll be a subpar experience.

I had a mixed experience. My last Garden Ops game was unplayable, and I lost connection after a few minutes. The majority of deathmatch games was ok.

Sorry to aks this here guys, but I want to buy the digital version of this game. And don't know how. Game seems tons of fun. Problem is...I'm in the Netherlands. I've got a creditcard and Paypal. I know it's possible, but would anybody be so kind to provider me with a link how this works? Sure I've read it somewhere, but can't find it anymore :/
Also, will I be able to buy other maps / microtransactions in the future if I switch back to another account? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry to aks this here guys, but I want to buy the digital version of this game. And don't know how. Game seems tons of fun. Problem is...I'm in the Netherlands. I've got a creditcard and Paypal. I know it's possible, but would anybody be so kind to provider me with a link how this works? Sure I've read it somewhere, but can't find it anymore :/
Also, will I be able to buy other maps / microtransactions in the future if I switch back to another account? Any advice would be appreciated.

You may just be able to purchase from the US store
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...Xbox-One/fb7c3d08-22b0-4f15-aa91-d317d2207230

Caayn

I think one of the reviews said that the plants were OP in that Gardens & Graveyards mode.
Would rather say that the plants are easier to use. Most of all it has to do with teamwork. I you go solo, or no one flanks, then you're guaranteed to lose that match.
This thread explains how to purchase content from a different marketplace.

Mindlog

Eh holy crap.
They actually released the 360 digital version day and date as well.
I have so many points to burn anyways. Inventory be damned I'll be picking it up later today.

FHIZ

360 or Xbone? I've been playing all morning and never once not found a match on 360. I'm sure both will have a fair share once everyone is home from work/school.

Just hit rank 8 and already seeing a few players ranked 25+. Got damn.

I was on the One, kept giving me a "We've found a cool server hold on!" then a "There was an error message!" Didn't try much, but who knows.

Anyone have problems hearing chat with the stock Xbox mic? I had mine on and saw teammates talking in the lobby and didn't hear anything, despite fooling around with the volume a whole bunch.

derFeef

More than half of my FL playing this right now. I want too! Purchase does not work right now, no idea what's up. Will try tomorrow.

I was on the One, kept giving me a "We've found a cool server hold on!" then a "There was an error message!" Didn't try much, but who knows.

Anyone have problems hearing chat with the stock Xbox mic? I had mine on and saw teammates talking in the lobby and didn't hear anything, despite fooling around with the volume a whole bunch.

I experienced everything you mentioned. Kinda glad to hear your mic issue, it's actually the first time I had hooked mine up, was worried about it.

Anyone feel free to add me - XB1 - TheApatheticOne

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
The multiplayer part is lagless for me. The garden warfare part was as well but I had trouble getting a game, I assumed cause it was middle of the night in US and not out in UK till Friday.

I would also guess GW part is p2p, why couldn't they just use azure? It's free anyway. It's simply not going to be acceptable to have lag or connection issues on XB1 going forward in most of the world.

Would rather say that the plants are easier to use. Most of all it has to do with teamwork. I you go solo, or no one flanks, then you're guaranteed to lose that match.
This thread explains how to purchase content from a different marketplace.

Thanks! I did manage to add paypal, was quite a pain in the butt, I forgot my password, but it's been resolved. Are there any contraints buying digital games on a US-account? Sorry for my ignorance, but this is my first digital purchase on the US-store.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Any more split-screen impressions? My roommate and I would like to play this, but I'm not sure if the split-screen is throw-away or not.
  • XB1 Only
  • No online ability (purely for couch-sharing co op only)
  • Only P1 Earns Coins from it
  • Limited to the Tower Defense-ish mode (so no deathmatch or gardens and graveyards)

That seems to be all there is to know about it. Also note that you have the Smartglass 3rd player mode, which few seem to be talking about.

Caayn

Thanks! I did manage to add paypal, was quite a pain in the butt, I forgot my password, but it's been resolved. Are there any contraints buying digital games on a US-account? Sorry for my ignorance, but this is my first digital purchase on the US-store.
Not that I'm aware of. Just as long as you've got a valid payment method you'll be fine. Have been doing it since day one, purchased everything with my main account due to the ease of switching marketplaces, I doubt that I'll return to my countries marketplace (whenever it comes online) as the US is way cheaper
and the early release of games in the US compared to Europe is a nice extra

Game is great fun when I can play it. It's a shame to hear so many others are getting that server error as well.
Not a good look for EA :( guess I'll play with the kids til EA gets its stuff together.

Just accessed the US store for the first time and bought it. Do I have to keep my region to US while it downloads or can I change it to UK and it will continue to download?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I'm just getting the "Found a really great server" then failing to join crap. I'm guessing this is not an Xbox Live Computer kind of game? :(

Caayn

Is this SP/MP? I was wondering about this:

I was planning on picking this up at some point for 360, but if it's online only...oy vey.
The SP is very shallow and doesn't deliver enough value to justify a purchase solely for SP, imo. MP is were this game shines.

Can people add me, my gamertag is AndrewDean84x. Looking for some new XBO friends that like to have fun playing games instead of trashing them.

FHIZ

How big is the install on this?

Xbox One box says 20GB.

In other news, I don't know if I should be mad at EA for another game with shitty launch server issues (what happened to THE CLOUD?) or mad at myself for expecting to play this game at launch.

All I can get into are the newbie playlist, and that still takes about ten game searches.

Really, really enjoying it, but man.... do I suck. I get what I'm supposed to do with every class, but I'll be damned if I can get it to work better than my opponent. Feels like I'm made of paper.

Also Chompers. I use them, come right up underneath someone.... nothing. Myself.... I get eaten every... single... time. So for those playing the Chompers, what's the trick?

the red worm

Neo Member
Really, really enjoying it, but man.... do I suck. I get what I'm supposed to do with every class, but I'll be damned if I can get it to work better than my opponent. Feels like I'm made of paper.

Also Chompers. I use them, come right up underneath someone.... nothing. Myself.... I get eaten every... single... time. So for those playing the Chompers, what's the trick?

when you see the red highlight around an enemy while underground hit the right trigger to bite

the red worm

Neo Member
I'm making a lot more coins by playing garden ops. If you get lucky on the boss waves with the slot machine it's even better. I got three jewels and that paid out an extra 20k coins.

Top Bottom