• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

I've only played a few Garden ops games so far as peashooter and cactus but I've been having a lot of fun. Got lucky in one match with a 10k coins slots jackpot.

Miles X

No lag for me.

How do I unlock the gattling pea ability for the peashooter? He's at rank 4/5 I think and I still haven't got it.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm gonna give the game one last chance today. On day one it kept putting me in games with nobody in it. Yesterday I got in a game and got dropped just before it ended. It conveniently waited until I used a bunch of consumable cards. I was so mad I turned off my console.

If it doesn't work today, fuck this game.

I've only played a few Garden ops games so far as peashooter and cactus but I've been having a lot of fun. Got lucky in one match with a 10k coins slots jackpot.

Quick jackpot question: When the slots pop up and you get coin bonuses, are those given at the end of that round, or do you have complete wave 10 and escape to get the bonus?

Side question: What's the hardest level you've completed from start to finish on Garden Ops? For me it's just been normal..That's all I search for.

Wow, after 20 minutes of a G&G match, EA's servers drop and I can no longer connect to them. Fucking EA, fix your goddamned shit. Paid $40 and the experience sucks shit most of the time.

Quick jackpot question: When the slots pop up and you get coin bonuses, are those given at the end of that round, or do you have complete wave 10 and escape to get the bonus?

Side question: What's the hardest level you've completed from start to finish on Garden Ops? For me it's just been normal..That's all I search for.

I believe you get the coins at the end of the round...not only if you finish

I have only searched for normal matches so far

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Glad(?) I'm not alone there. Was near the end of a G&G match doing really well as the Zombies.

Thank fucking god Titanfall is completely separated from their servers. Shit sucks. You don't get anything from a match when that happens either.

osu61303

So is it better to get the 40k pack and a guaranteed character or 2-20k packs for more overall stickers?

Loving the game!

I lost a level. Got my scientist level up to 4 and went to 18. Servers went down and when they came back up it was 17 again but my scientist was still level 4 which means I didn't get credit for it and can't redo.

Glad(?) I'm not alone there. Was near the end of a G&G match doing really well as the Zombies.

Thank fucking god Titanfall is completely separated from their servers. Shit sucks. You don't get anything from a match when that happens either.

Agreed. Shame not a single one of the EA server based games I have ever purchased didn't come with consistent drops. I have a very good internet connection as well so it is irritating to be randomly dropped from servers run by a multi million dollar company =|

I had 0 drops or sever game breaking connection issues during the TF alpha's or beta which is funny since its not even the full release. Not to mention the azure xb1 server whatever just came about in recent years vs EA's game servers have been up and established for how many years now?

Sorry for the random rant =/ Was just looking forward to some fun PVZ tonight after a long day of progressing with projects and such just to have these irritating drops happen.

Played a bit last night.

This game seems very simplistic at first but it's actually pretty hard. The different plants/zombies play very differently. Reminds me a bit of Team Fortress 2.

Only thing I don't like is that there seems to be this odd delay when using things. Like I have to press twice for some things to register.

Other than that, great game :D

Played a bit last night.

This game seems very simplistic at first but it's actually pretty hard. The different plants/zombies play very differently. Reminds me a bit of Team Fortress 2.

Only thing I don't like is that there seems to be this odd delay when using things. Like I have to press twice for some things to register.

Other than that, great game :D
Whew! I was freaking out. I thought my controller was buggy. Reloading is the main thing I notice.

Are any of the character cards actually rare?

I just unlocked a plumber

They say Rare and Super Rare on them but from what I can tell you're guaranteed one character sticker from a Crazy Pack, two character stickers from a Supremium Pack and a full character unlock of 5 stickers from a Spectacular Character Pack.

I've just been going with the Supremium for now though since you get 9 stickers with a nice balance of unlocks whereas the Spectacular Character Pack gives you a character and nothing else.

SuperPac

I have never been able to get into a garden ops game. It'll search for a game, find one, show me the room and the players that are in it and then disconnect and say unable to connect. I'm able to get into TDMs and G&Gs but not Ops.

When I start my own game with public permissions no one joins. :'(

Inexplicably several times tonight when I join a Vanquish game I'll be Rank 1 when uhhh I'm Rank 18? What's up with that? Just me?

Also good LORD the party system on the One is terrible. Terrrrrrrible.

Is anyone having trouble sharing this game on XB1? I bought it on my XB1 and then downloaded it on my wifes XB1 which is set as my home console. It wont let her start it up though, and when I started it up on her console it worked fine.

Mindlog

Healing needs to be better incentivized. Gives too few coins.
In Garden Ops it's really easy to finish with top score (most coins) as a healer. One caveat: I don't know if a healer works well on Insane difficulty. Only made it to level 6 so far in that, but it felt like my lack of DPS was holding the team back even if I did have a hefty score.

In PVP... I wouldn't know. Too busy being silly with the Cactus. Potato mines are its third most powerful ability behind that great main weapon and the dopey drone. I see a lot of drones that fly around aggressively revealing themselves. Do the opposite and you can crank out three air strikes while keeping enemy drones from doing the same to your team.

Drone to do list immediately following launch:
#1 Find cover.
#2 Air strikes.
#3 Prevent enemy air strikes.
#4 Targets of opportunity.

So is it better to get the 40k pack and a guaranteed character or 2-20k packs for more overall stickers?
Getting the 40k packs isn't that great if you play classic PVP modes*. Odds are high you'll get a zombie out of it. The 20k packs will do the same, but it also gives you powerful upgrades. I stick with the 20k packs.

*It seems obvious that one of the DLC packs will include zombie co-op.

Some of the objectives are kind of dumb. I got one as a Cactus to kill my Nemesis three times or something like that. I rarely ever die as a Cactus. Those skip cards are a must.

Ran into two glitches today while playing -

The versus bar not loading properly, resulting in text all over the screen.

Me turning invisible after a blast, making me completely useless.

I like the second video better, since dying while invisible just sends me flying off the map.

The game has it's rough edges right now, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm not sure what classes I prefer for either side so I just keep swapping every once in a while. If you need a bud to play with, send a invite to Hyperfludd.

The Flash

Banned
Played a couple of rounds of Team Vanquish and Garden Ops. Aside from the lag the game is really fun especially Garden Ops.

Malaussene

Neo Member
This game is a blast.. nothing exceptional nor next gen.. but it's really fun and has a lovely artistic design.
I think it's not as unbalanced as many people are pointing out, you just have to play it a little different when on the zombie side, and always think every class has its specific targets like engineers vs chompers and so on.
The maps are pretty plain but all of them are nice to look at and each one has at least a key point to hold to gain a strategic advantage over the enemy.

Too bad the ea servers are having so many issues right now causing lots of disconnects.

A question about missions: isn't it possible to skip a specific mission by paying with coins? I got one which is making me go mad...

Worst thing with potato mines is that they go invisible after a moment of being left alone, along with the cactus regenerating more to lay down you get a cluster fuck of bombs everywhere, it's too much.

Oh look lost connection to the server after 20 minutes of hard work, lost about 7k coins there :/

derFeef

Never had any server issues so far, but I had weird stuff happening, where I shot plants in the face with the goo blaster, but they killed me with 100% life left - a little Battlefield jank in there.

Can't get into Garden Ops for some reason however I'm really loving this, get great satisfaction taking out the roof campers especially :)

While I'm really enjoying this game so far, and plan to continue playing; the performance of this vs the Titanfall beta (and hopefully the full release) is really showing that Xbox live's dedicated servers are the real deal.

Hopefully more developers will relinquish using their servers and and start using the Xbox live cloud.

WarpathDC

Loving Gardens and Graveyards. This is a very fun game with a lot of charm. I'm loving the chomper and sunflower. The garlic drone is an awesome weapon w/ the cactus once you reach level 3 as well.

DaNcaKe

Only really played the TDM gametype, but thoroughly enjoying this game.
Tried playing as most classes (bar engineer) and they all seem pretty fun. Soldier maybe a little OP but for the best part, the game seems relatively balanced.

Not sure if it's because the game didn't ship with many or if it's just the servers I've been playing on, but there doesn't seem to be that many maps. That being said, the ones I have played on have been great.

-PXG-

I think I found a bug. The range on the Chomper's goo is insanely long. Several times, I'm really far away and I still somehow get covered in goo.

I think I found a bug. The range on the Chomper's goo is insanely long. Several times, I'm really far away and I still somehow get covered in goo.

Why is that a bug? It's aimed just like any other gun. Line the zombie up in the reticle and press the trigger.

Top Bottom