• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

tickling

Banned
Everyone loves the game in my house from the 5 year old up. Dare I say it has Titanfall characteristics in that it can appeal to the casual and hardcore alike?

I think I found a bug. The range on the Chomper's goo is insanely long. Several times, I'm really far away and I still somehow get covered in goo.

That thing will go on forever it seems. From what I noticed it also has splash, so you can get gooped if it hits surfaces near you.

When you buy the cards, do they get automatically equipped ? I got a sunflower upgrade called super nova sunlight listed under the appearances, abilities, gestures menu.

They REALLY need a mode where zombies can get more points. They get absolutely nothing in gardens and graveyards because plants always win.

Camjo-Z

Chili Bean Bomb really needs a nerf of some sort. There's no warning when one's about to go off aside from the high pitched squeal (which you won't hear anyway with all the noise going on) and it's almost always a 1-hit kill.

Can't stop laughing at this game, hope it sells well :)

Gotta say despite my stern criticism of MS they are bringing it games wise, don't let that drop Phil and co

f0lken

This game has one of the best implementations of smartglass, is a blast playing splitscreen coop and someone in a tablet sending bombs, and health support.

Mindlog

FFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Got three maps in this afternoon. Best Garden Ops - Crazy run yet. The team got to wave 6 and I hadn't used any self revives or team revives. It was pretty much guaranteed that we were going to pull it out. My first completion on the difficulty.

Game disconnects wave 6. By the time I get to play again I believe South Park will be out.

This could not be more Mass Effect if the Winnebago got a drop shuttle reskin. Shuttle departing.

Anion

Also, is anyone having in game chat issues with this game? Like, I can't hear other players and I can see their chat icon on the top. I've done a full restart then it works, but I'm wondering if this is an issue others have noticed

hwalker84

Also, is anyone having in game chat issues with this game? Like, I can't hear other players and I can see their chat icon on the top. I've done a full restart then it works, but I'm wondering if this is an issue others have noticed

Its completely fucked but most people don't notice. I just play garden ops and start a party with everyone.

As much fun as the game is, the server/connection problems make the game unplayable. Almost every match is either "lost connection to EA server" or "lost connection to the session." I would say that EA needs to fix their servers but that's been the main complaint for how many years now with no sign of getting better.

bryanee

Yeah I've had those issues. I even had those issues with the TF Beta.

Freeser

Man the lack of legacy thumbstick support is really frustrating. I am lost without legacy southpaw. Other than that it's a great game, my family loves it.

Rourkey

The thing that bothers me the most about this game is the sound, I think it's trying to be too clever when your outside the battle zone it sounds really warped/muted is it supposed to be like that?

derFeef

The thing that bothers me the most about this game is the sound, I think it's trying to be too clever when your outside the battle zone it sounds really warped/muted is it supposed to be like that?

have you tried the other dynamic range settings? I think there is one wartapes equivalent.

Rourkey

have you tried the other dynamic range settings? I think there is one wartapes equivalent.
I've tried high and zombox but couldn't tell the difference there's a low setting maybe I'll give that a go.

I can understand the battle sound effect being muted when you have respawned and are a distance from the main fight but the music is effected as well? Doesn't seem right to me!

aka_bueno

Aside from the balancing, this is my biggest gripe as well. It sounds so muted and dull and doesn't match the craziness and quirkiness of everything else.

I had to max out the music volume and put the audio setting on Zombox and it helped a little but it still sounds...empty.

Anion

As much fun as the game is, the server/connection problems make the game unplayable. Almost every match is either "lost connection to EA server" or "lost connection to the session." I would say that EA needs to fix their servers but that's been the main complaint for how many years now with no sign of getting better.
I agree. Although I only had one issue with the servers thing and a full restart somehow alleviated it, a few matches are laggy! I hope they upgrade or add more servers soon

Chili Bean Bomb really needs a nerf of some sort. There's no warning when one's about to go off aside from the high pitched squeal (which you won't hear anyway with all the noise going on) and it's almost always a 1-hit kill.

I was thinking about this, the bean should do half damage (65~) and cause push back like the all-star's tackle skill, at least it would clear an area without insta deaths.

Twice now this game has forced me to hard reboot the Xbox One, I guess the servers just went down again, during a really good game with my wife doing Boss Mode with SmartGlass. It was stuck on a black loading screen with the flower in the bottom left. Then when I pressed the Home Button, the screen flickers and I hear sound but no video. Really worried this is going to have some negative effect on the Xbox One since I have to hard reboot it. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Kyzon

I always feel weird not being able to sprint with a right click. What's the fastest way to get coins? I'd like to buy some packs, but it's taking me forever.

Also, I'm getting on Xbone right now if anyone wants to play. I don't have my mic right now though :/

GT:Kyzon Xin

I just finished for the night but unlocked the electric sunflower, her normal's are great as anyone near the target when hit will also take shock damage, and you know how fast the sunflower shoots.

Starting to beast with the all-star, there are times where his weapon feels useless but he has his moments and they are glorious!

I keep finding myself going to the x1 game store and hovering over the buy button.... But just not sure how much I'll play once titanfall is out.

Reading all these people having fun doesn't help lol

I've been playing for hours on both 360 and Xbox One. It's very good. Most used classes are Sunflower and Footsoldier.

Xbox One version is a big improvement, higher quality graphics at a nice 60fps. Plus I'm getting used to the X1 controller and it is great

Huh. So servers aren't down? Been trying to connect for over an hour. :/

I've been playing for over an hour. Just quit. I'm presumably playing on EU servers though so that's probably why I'm not having your troubles.

Feels weird seeing you outside your thread. Thought I had posted in the wrong one for a second there.

Is there some way to turn off all player communications? The mic mute function doesn't seem to work for individuals. People are basically having conversations in their living room and I'm forced to hear them.

This is a jekyll and hyde experience. On one hand the game is really, really fun to play. I have stuck with the Garden Ops mode (hopefully there will be DLC with a "Graveyard Ops" mode for zombies). On the other hand though the servers for this game are terrible.

The game got reviewed in the 7-8 out of 10 range. It's a good score, but if the reviewers had to play on the public servers I think the scores would be lower. When your game is built on the purely online experience then it's only as good as the servers. I hope this is just a launch week issue and they improve but it's so aggravating to want to play a game but you can't because the servers just don't want to behave.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
I've been playing for over an hour. Just quit. I'm presumably playing on EU servers though so that's probably why I'm not having your troubles.

Feels weird seeing you outside your thread. Thought I had posted in the wrong one for a second there.

Hopefully I am not forced to only stay in that thread. :D
DON'T GHETTOIZE ME MAN.

(Also, played a bunch of this earlier today---super fun. NOW I JUST WANT TO GET IN.)

Super fun game but needs more maps. I don't know how much longer I'll keep playing it with titanfall around the corner, but I really like it

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The Rush mode is just too messy... it's not that much fun, matches are almost always lopsided. I like the Team Vanquish better. And the Boss Mode is just way overpowered in Rush mode... airstrikes right on the control point herp derp. Otherwise I am having fun with the game but I sense a retirement come the 11th. Don't regret my purchase, and Garden Ops is decent.

Anion

This game has made me see how screwed up the party chat is...
I'm in a party with the party mode on (since I'm Skyping a few friends) and I can simultaneously talk to both the ingame people and my friends...
And somehow this issue gets fixed when I do a manual full restart

Top Bottom