• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

MrBlonde

This game is a blast, so glad I bought it, I am at work now and all I can think about is getting home and playing (and of course seeing my fiancee and son lol). I was almost not going to buy this right now with Titanfall right around the corner plus I have a couple other games I need to finish and not enough time in the day.

The servers are junk though, I really hope it gets fixed. I still have trouble joining games but not as bad as launch night. I get disconnected from the EA servers sometimes and the other day it wouldnt connect again for 10 minutes. Sometimes I will get booted mid match which drives me crazy cause I lose my coins!

Also my buddy and I could not join each other the past 2 nights? Why is there no lobby system, this is a game that would be so fun with friends and unless doing Garden Ops its not possible to play with a full party, wtf were they thinking?

I can't wait to have more things unlocked, I really want all the weapon upgrades, I only have a few but notice a big difference when I get one. I am sticking to the 20k packs till I get all the weapon upgrades then maybe ill save for a 40k unless you guys have a better strategy. Seems like its going to take a while to get everything but all I really care about are the weapon upgrades and alternate characters.

*Also Plants seem stronger to me, unless I am on a really good team Plants seem to win most matches and im talking Team Deathmatch, havent done much of the Gardens Graveyards but Plants seem to have the advantage there as well.

Kintaco

I got this for my son and I will be setting up an Xbox Live Gold account for him. I know on the Xbox One, just one gold account covers all the profiles. Is this also the case for Xbox 360? I want to make sure his profile has Gold if I setup my profile with Gold? If not I'll just set up Gold on his profile.

Jrs3000

I got this for my son and I will be setting up an Xbox Live Gold account for him. I know on the Xbox One, just one gold account covers all the profiles. Is this also the case for Xbox 360? I want to make sure his profile has Gold if I setup my profile with Gold? If not I'll just set up Gold on his profile.

Yes one gold account on system makes others gold.

pieman

Neo Member
Yes one gold account on system makes others gold.

No it doesn't. Each 360 account will need it's own gold membership, it's only the Xbox One that only needs one gold account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

At home with Xbox 360 and Xbox One

If you became an Xbox Live Gold member with Xbox 360, you’re set for Xbox One. Your Xbox Live Gold membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly become an Xbox Live Gold account on your Xbox One, and you’ll be able to enjoy Xbox Live Gold features on either console. You can even be logged in to both Xbox 360 and Xbox One at the same time. However, Home Gold benefits are exclusively for Xbox One.

Yaari

I've been reading the game is fun, but does it have lasting appeal? I guess that's somewhat difficult to say less than a week in, but are there many things to unlock and achieve?

LogN

I'm having a blast with it at the moment, however I do question the lasting power as well. But I tend not to think about these things upfront as long as I'm enjoying the game. Besides, for the price I think it's well worth it, it's the first game to make me turn on my Xbox One since I beat Dead Rising 3.

I've been reading the game is fun, but does it have lasting appeal? I guess that's somewhat difficult to say less than a week in, but are there many things to unlock and achieve?

I think it takes a bit too long to unlock stuff and it's random too. I'm hoping for a few more games modes, private matches, and economy rebalancing soon.

Mindlog

There are plenty of unlockables.
Perhaps way too many.

Almost everything about the game reminds me of Mass Effect Multiplayer in some way. If it receives the same level of support then it will definitely last for a while. The free DLC was excellent.

There are a lot of character customizations and gestures to unlock. I was browsing through the sticker book the other day, and there's tons of things. It will take a lottt of playtime to get 100%.

As long as Popcap releases additional maps and modes (CTF anyone?!) and continues to work on balance and server stability I will be a happy camper.

One thing that annoys me is how long most of the textures take to load in on the 360. This isn't a very demanding game, so going back to BF3 and not noticing loading issues as much was a bit surprising. I wonder if this version simply took a back seat and didn't receive the attention it needed. Hopefully a patch comes through to address it.

Also, it seems to be running at the same resolution as BF3/4 on 360 (1280x704) and possibly AA.

Tusk

:b So, I just got through doing another glitch where I was playing as a zombie while on the plants team.

I was spamming to switch teams and right when it let me I hit A on the foot soldier by mistake and spawned as one.. and I didn't notice at first till after I realized other plants weren't hurting me, and I had started killing all the zombies as they just walked by me. Ended up being forced back as a plant though 'cuz someone finally noticed and decided to specifically go after me..

Edit: Just did it again! this time not on accident!

Drain You

Heard about this game about a week ago, bought it digitally today on a whim because I saw unlike most other games it was only 10gb. Such a fun game. Most ive played my one in a good while.

If you have a hard time attacking a heavily fortified point on G&G just get a bunch of engineer zombot drones to call down some cone strikes. Just have to be sneaky until the cone strike is ready.

On another note, this game is gorgeous! It has that TF2 aesthetic to it that seems like it would age really well.

Drain You

Also does anyone have a useful guide for new characters and such or weapons or abilities or whatever? Just starting out it seems pretty in depth, but that may be just because I havent really looked at the whole sticker pack thing yet.

I'm having some success with my plumber (engineer variant).

I charge all you pea shooters on my jackhammer and unload like a mad man... Works great.
or I steel a few kills as the bot thing and rain corn on populated areas

he's cool :)

This game is horribly laggy on Xbox One. I can't even play because of how bad it is. Why EA why. :(

Game is so charming and pretty and I want to love it. :(

Friction

I'm having some success with my plumber (engineer variant).

I charge all you pea shooters on my jackhammer and unload like a mad man... Works great.
or I steel a few kills as the bot thing and rain corn on populated areas

he's cool :)

Nit picking, but it's cones not corn. Corn is for the cactus variant. :p

Just had a glitch where the last teammate alive on Garden Ops got stuck on part of the map and couldn't go anywhere till the garden was destroyed. Enemies couldn't attack him and he couldn't attack enemies. He was trapped in an invisible box.

Also, it would be nice if the Sunflower's healing beam warned you when you're about to get too far away. Maybe it could go from yellow to red or something?

I rarely get disconnected from matches. I don't see lag that often either.

Edit: Just like to point out I'm on an Xbox One.

derFeef

I wonder if those network problems are a regional thing? I am in Europe and I never dropped out of any game yet or had major lag happening in a match.

Are there invincibility any perks/upgrades in the game? I kept shooting a cactus yesterday and it didn't take damage at all.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer shooters but this game is fun. I'm playing pea shooter and all star most of the time.

pieman

Neo Member
Are there invincibility any perks/upgrades in the game? I kept shooting a cactus yesterday and it didn't take damage at all.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer shooters but this game is fun. I'm playing pea shooter and all star most of the time.

If you are playing on the newbies server (can't remember the name) then if you die 3 times without a kill you get a health buff, if you still don't get a kill you get further buffs. I think the % of health is compared to the default health of the class not the buffed health so you could damage someone with a buff but not enough to bring them below the default health and so they wouldn't appear to have taken any damage.

IDK if it's been posted, I'm sure it has, but anyone who is a member of Expertzone can complete the training course for this game and get a code for a free super duper pack. I gave mine away to a friend, but just a heads up for those who are members and want it/want it to give away :)

Did he just spawn? I think there's a period of invincibility after spawn.

Camjo-Z

I don't know if it's lag or what but I keep having trouble playing as Chomper online, sometimes he works perfectly but other times my goo always misses and whether he actually chomps when I press the trigger is up to luck. It's really weird because as soon as I switch to any other class I have no problems.

This game is so good. It really flew under the radar but it totally reminds me of ME 3's mp, and I loved that to death. The versus modes are way more fun then I would have expected. The only thing that is annoying me is I am stuck at level 5 I believe with my peashooter since no one plays engineers online and I need to kill 3 with chilli bean bombs to advance.

Miles X

This game is so good. It really flew under the radar but it totally reminds me of ME 3's mp, and I loved that to death. The versus modes are way more fun then I would have expected. The only thing that is annoying me is I am stuck at level 5 I believe with my peashooter since no one plays engineers online and I need to kill 3 with chilli bean bombs to advance.

Gardens and Graveyards. Got that challenge in one match in that mode.

Rvaisse

I just bought it and played for 2 hours, as i'm really bad at fps, it is, as i expected, much easier for me to play in this colorful environment.

Top Bottom