• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

This is honestly some of the most fun I've ever had. It's deceptively deep but I never get frustrated with it.

I feel like if they could have gotten this out before Xmas it would've killed. For that matter, if they had bundled it with the xbox One for 499 it would have flown off shelves.

Mindlog

My full match Team Vanquish CPM is just shy of 900 now. First match with the All Star netted me Lightning Vanquish, Vanquish Streak and Most Vanquishes. I didn't die :D TV needed to have a CPM lead on G&G because of the down time so it feels about right now. Will have to play some more to get a better feel for the changes. Hope it's the first of many balance changes to come.

EBE

thinking about picking up the game but am a bit concerned the community wont last Titanfall.
how dumb/realistic is this?

This is honestly some of the most fun I've ever had. It's deceptively deep but I never get frustrated with it.

I feel like if they could have gotten this out before Xmas it would've killed. For that matter, if they had bundled it with the xbox One for 499 it would have flown off shelves.
Yeah, the game is a blast. I'm loving it, and really impressed with its depth, how it plays, and how it looks. Kudos to Popcap.

EBE

It's "dumb" in presentation, but the mechincs and shooting feels quite good and is fun. Think TF2.

so do the different classes provide enough teamwork that people might conceivably stay with this game even past titanfall? because that seemed like your typical COD where everyone goes lone wolf. i just dont wanna plunk down 40 dollars on something that might be dead. really wish there was a demo

sangreal

my favorite accessory unlock so far:
hat.png

How do you use the challenge skip cards? I have a bunch and some really obnoxious challenges but no clue how they work

When you're in a match you can press Menu to open the pause screen. It should be on the right hand side with what button to press to use the skips.

I hope the coin rates are 'fixed' soon, playing without that bonus feels like a waste of time now.

Maybe 2k coins for a team dm game was too much, at least middle ground it to 1250 or something, same with completion money for GvG.

Is it even going to be 'fixed'?

Kyzon

What the hell is this peashooter shit? I just played a few matches with him to lvl it up to 5. This thing is a monster! I wrecked everything on screen O___O

sangreal

What the hell is this peashooter shit? I just played a few matches with him to lvl it up to 5. This thing is a monster! I wrecked everything on screen O___O

yeah, I'm actually surprised a peashooter nerf wasnt included in that balance update. My favorite plant to play as though

derFeef

Yup. Great main weapon, good speed, chilli bean bomb is way to strong (blast radius is too high too).

yeah, I'm actually surprised a peashooter nerf wasnt included in that balance update. My favorite plant to play as though

I think he did get a little weaker, his pea splash was doing 9's instead of 10 and his direct hits were doing 25 when I am sure they would do 30+ before, maybe i'm wrong.

Spitz

Great Game

thx PopCap for making me fall in love with competitive Multiplayer again. Just finished the last Achievement. :)

Mindlog

Great Game

thx PopCap for making me fall in love with competitive Multiplayer again. Just finished the last Achievement. :)
Wow that was fast. Well done.
Plants are getting hit pretty hard in G&G. The global win rate would be an interesting stat. Managed to unlock the fire Cactus. It's pretty good.

Could you expand on the depth that you are seeing in the game? Possibly give an example or two?

Thanks.

I'm guessing he is referring to the fact that there aren't very many game modes but within each class, there are numerous other versions of that class with different appearances, different weapons, and different power-ups like more ammo capacity.

The packs offer a bunch of things from planted pots, zombies, weapons, appearances and character pieces.

It really is a fun game and I am glad I bought it. I've had a good amount of fun playing it and never find myself getting frustrated or mad while playing.

mbmonk

I'm guessing he is referring to the fact that there aren't very many game modes but within each class, there are numerous other versions of that class with different appearances, different weapons, and different power-ups like more ammo capacity.

The packs offer a bunch of things from planted pots, zombies, weapons, appearances and character pieces.

It really is a fun game and I am glad I bought it. I've had a good amount of fun playing it and never find myself getting frustrated or mad while playing.

those are some good points. thanks for the reply.

how do you use the weapons that have been unlocked? anyone explain the process? maybe a link or vid.

thanks

MrBlonde

Great game, enjoying it way more then I thought I would. Great job with this balance update other then not reducing the pea shooter chili bean blast radius. Loving the 2k completion coin bonus for tdm now. I think I'm sticking with 20k packs for now, so much to unlock and I mostly want all the weapon upgrades. Would love to get some characters but I have trouble saving for the 40k packs

bidguy

Banned
those are some good points. thanks for the reply.

how do you use the weapons that have been unlocked? anyone explain the process? maybe a link or vid.

thanks

you cant unlock weapons.
you unlock class variants for example count chompula is a chomper variant and gains health with every attack

theres also a ice pea shooter or an acid pea shooter, an engineer with an electro grenade launcher and stuff like that.

I hope the coin rates are 'fixed' soon, playing without that bonus feels like a waste of time now.

Maybe 2k coins for a team dm game was too much, at least middle ground it to 1250 or something, same with completion money for GvG.

Is it even going to be 'fixed'?

I'm still getting 2k a game for TDM

so do the different classes provide enough teamwork that people might conceivably stay with this game even past titanfall? because that seemed like your typical COD where everyone goes lone wolf. i just dont wanna plunk down 40 dollars on something that might be dead. really wish there was a demo

I am in love with titanfall however I will still be playing PVZ to balance out titanfall. PVZ is just really fun and a different feel so anyone that likes it will need that itch scratched regularly I think =)

mbmonk

you cant unlock weapons.
you unlock class variants for example count chompula is a chomper variant and gains health with every attack

theres also a ice pea shooter or an acid pea shooter, an engineer with an electro grenade launcher and stuff like that.

thanks for the correction. how do I selexct the character variants?

would you happen to have any numbers ? i got 3000 completion bonus for a g&g match today is it higher now ?

I know vanquish used to give +750 on a win, now its 2000.

GvG seems to vary depending on things like time, players and how far you get but it seems to be more.

Jedi Otter

So, I can't find info on this anywhere, sorry in advance, but is there no way to link an existing Origin ID to the Xbox One version? I'd really rather not have to create ANOTHER account...

Nori Chan

I was against major Nelson and treit and true of the xbox team and we won against them. Also I FINALLY GOT THE two rocket kill achievement after 46 leveles. Finally lol

Also they beat us in G&G and he has a game clip of the huge sunflower falling lol

Top Bottom