• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

I tried to figure out how to set this up and it certainly wasn't obvious. If I choose boss mode it makes player 1 the iPad user. If I do split screen it demands there be two controller players.

You need to choose Boss Mode from the iPad, not the controller. If you do Split Screen, you do need two controllers and it's only going to allow you to do a horde mode.

Bsigg12

I tried to figure out how to set this up and it certainly wasn't obvious. If I choose boss mode it makes player 1 the iPad user. If I do split screen it demands there be two controller players.

Just go into a match with the iPad connected through SmartGlass and it'll receive a prompt to enter boss mode if no one else is doing it. Don't go into splitscreen.

Just go into a match with the iPad connected through SmartGlass and it'll receive a prompt to enter boss mode if no one else is doing it. Don't go into splitscreen.

You've gotta beat someone else to the punch or you'll be waiting until the match finishes or if they are shot down before you can join as Boss.

If Titanfall wasn't coming out so close to it I would have bought it, it really just comes down to money right now, which is a shame :(. Are there leaderboards? Curious how many people have bought the game so far.

Same here. I really hate some people's attitude saying that they WOULD buy this BUT Titanfall is coming out soon. I am seriously questioning whether I want to even get Titanfall now because of this game.

For me it's just about money, and time, but I don't mean to derail the thread. :p

I've watched Major's broadcasts and watching other's broadcasting it and it looks awesome. My backlog is already pretty huge though, which is why I don't get when people talk about "droughts", so mixing in two online focused games at the same time wouldn't really be feasible for me :(.

I see myself buying this game during the summer, I really hope the online community is still strong by then.

I don't have enough for titanfall. Wasn't that entralled with what I played when I had done.

I love the fact the projectiles travel. Makes it so much more rewarding.

Great fun so far.

With titanfall and dark souls so close I may not play this for a few days but wow do I
Love this game. I really cannot wait for any type of dlc for this game.

I really enjoy the game every time I play it but I think they must add new characters with new ability the number of character are low same as number of maps

Thanks, I'll try that.

If Titanfall wasn't coming out so close to it I would have bought it, it really just comes down to money right now, which is a shame :(. Are there leaderboards? Curious how many people have bought the game so far.

No leaderboards which I can see, and it's unfortunate. It's fun comparing stats to your friends.

I find it annoying when an online game doesn't tell you how many players are online. I am genuinely concerned about the game's long term life.

It is overpriced for what it is. I think $30 is reasonable for the XB1 version based on how much content it shipped with. I think it's definitely a fun game though. Just don't expect a content and feature rich package for the price.

C-Jo

Thank you to everyone who left a comment or question over the weekend. It’s great to see so many of you reaching out. While I can’t comment on specific plans for upcoming content/patches, I’ve passed your feedback and bug reports along to the rest of the team.

What I can talk about today is game balance. The update we rolled out on Friday was the first of many. If your favorite (or least favorite) character wasn't buffed or nerfed, I ask that you please hold tight. We’re watching and evaluating everything.

Thank you to everyone who left a comment or question over the weekend. It’s great to see so many of you reaching out. While I can’t comment on specific plans for upcoming content/patches, I’ve passed your feedback and bug reports along to the rest of the team.

What I can talk about today is game balance. The update we rolled out on Friday was the first of many. If your favorite (or least favorite) character wasn't buffed or nerfed, I ask that you please hold tight. We’re watching and evaluating everything.

Nice! I love getting more coins, too! That was a great weekend surprise.

eastx

It's server-side, so it's all automatic. If you're connected right now, you have the new tuning.

Thanks for the patch notes!

Is there any hope of allowing the split-screen player to use his or her own profile and earn Achievements? That oversight is a huge ding against what would otherwise be a great mode.

Also, how about difficulty selection in split-screen? It feels like the difficulty is tuned to 4-players instead of 2-players IMO.

Tusk

So, the board on the main screen is hinting at DLC or something right now. :b An armored tallnut, a zombot drone with thrusters, and a pea shooter using gatling with a different helmet.

Weird glitch I ran into. I was playing as a zombie and there was a zombie shooting at me and taking away health. I thought there was an unlockable character that took the form of the opposing team. It turns out that it glitched when trying to change to the other team and will show you as say a Scientist but you are a Sunflower reviving zombies.

However, when you die, that seems to be the end of it.

Tusk

Weird glitch I ran into. I was playing as a zombie and there was a zombie shooting at me and taking away health. I thought there was an unlockable character that took the form of the opposing team. It turns out that it glitched when trying to change to the other team and will show you as say a Scientist but you are a Sunflower reviving zombies.

However, when you die, that seems to be the end of it.

I do that glitch from time to time when I get really bored. Posted about it the first time I did it on accident too a few pages back. :b

I love how people react to it and try attacking me on my team the whole game, or follow me around when they realize it's a glitch.

I do that glitch from time to time when I get really bored. Posted about it the first time I did it on accident too a few pages back. :b

I love how people react to it and try attacking me on my team the whole game, or follow me around when they realize it's a glitch.

I'm sorry, I missed it. Yeah I was caught off guard when one of my own kept shooting me. I figured it was a kid or something, until I realized he was doing damage.

MoonGred

Any Australians playing this game on xbox one? My friends list is kinda barren at the moment.

So far I've only played 1 game, the game looks really charming in my opinion.

*OT: but is it not possible to change your gamertag on xbox one any more?

Any Australians playing this game on xbox one? My friends list is kinda barren at the moment.

So far I've only played 1 game, the game looks really charming in my opinion.

*OT: but is it not possible to change your gamertag on xbox one any more?

OT: Just go on your profile, it's right there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Scientist had never felt "right" for me. HE basically has a shotgun! But it seemed like every time I would get close and try to exploit that, I'd end up laid out and staring at the sky rather than my opponent. It's as if he could never get the damage I'd want, and had to rely on Bomb / Huntdown and shoot more than I wanted to...

... so in my quest to get Engineer stuff, since I'm really liking him, I unlock the much spoken of Marine Biologist...

.... Hokey Carp! This hair trigger! This Zombie Dolphin! The smooth sound of water swishing, while rapid-shooting chum at everything... it's like a class reborn! Suddenly, I'm getting top kills on teams, because I can teleport into basically any area and lay waste to campers in seconds.

And for once, I felt the significance of an Ammo upgrade. I think you start with 5 shots, but the upgrade takes him to 7. My early Dolphin-Blaster days often left me in reload phase JUST as I'd land a kill, leaving their comrades to shoot at my shuffling reload dance with little worry. But those extra bullets generally let me cause serious damage / get multiple kills before warping / running.

I'm going to end up with Titanfall by days end, but I really wonder how much it'll steal my time from this game? I just love the personality so much, and the class mods feel so good. I never had one time with the TF Beta where I really started to enjoy anything specific, but maybe I'll find similar fun within it somewhere...

So... what is the best way to rank up your level? SHould I play every class just to get the easy objectives over with? I am only level 10 and I play almost every night.

So... what is the best way to rank up your level? SHould I play every class just to get the easy objectives over with? I am only level 10 and I play almost every night.

Yeah, I mean it's relatively easy to get the first few levels up for each class. I think I played almost every class to 4 or 5 then stuck with a couple that I really enjoyed.

pacman85

I got up to at least level 3 of every class. That way, you at least have all of the abilities unlocked for all different classes of plants and zombies in case someone else you let play wants to play as a class you don't normally use. And like someone else said they are quite easy to get. That will get you plenty of levels right there.

derFeef

BiecKVgCYAErZiR.jpg

I'm trying so hard not to play this today since I spent a considerable amount of time on it yesterday, but I keep hearing the dolphin in my head.

I'm trying so hard not to play this today since I spent a considerable amount of time on it yesterday, but I keep hearing the dolphin in my head.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I dreamt about making popcorn this past weekend...but not just any ordinary popcorn.

I think I normally dream about games I'm hooked on though, since I can't get them out of my head.

MoonGred

Was finally able to have a proper sit down with the game.
I played a fair bit of gardens and graveyards, swapped between all the classes.
Most liked so far would be engineer/cactus. When playing with engineer I found that I was playing more support (building those teleports asap is good fun), which I was pleasantly surprised about, I had a feeling of actually bringing something to the table, this may be due to the fact that I was the only engineer. Is the engineer just not a popular class?

As someone said earlier the scientist plays a bit weird atm, the shotgun like weapon just wasn't doing it for me, still can't wait to unlock all the stuff though.

I don't know if this is a common issues or related to my location, but after trying to play a game of garden ops for 30min I just gave up. Twice I was able to connect to a game, first time the game crashed, 2nd time I got disconnected in the 3rd wave. Also had about 15games I was unable to join.

All in all it was great fun, just hope that a lot of the community sticks around after titanfall.

Was finally able to have a proper sit down with the game.
I played a fair bit of gardens and graveyards, swapped between all the classes.
Most liked so far would be engineer/cactus. When playing with engineer I found that I was playing more support (building those teleports asap is good fun), which I was pleasantly surprised about, I had a feeling of actually bringing something to the table, this may be due to the fact that I was the only engineer. Is the engineer just not a popular class?

As someone said earlier the scientist plays a bit weird atm, the shotgun like weapon just wasn't doing it for me, still can't wait to unlock all the stuff though.

I don't know if this is a common issues or related to my location, but after trying to play a game of garden ops for 30min I just gave up. Twice I was able to connect to a game, first time the game crashed, 2nd time I got disconnected in the 3rd wave. Also had about 15games I was unable to join.

All in all it was great fun, just hope that a lot of the community sticks around after titanfall.

Those are my favorites as well.

Top Bottom