• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Leveling up the characters unlocks character stickers too. Like a previous poster said, there's one variant per class that can only be unlocked by leveling up that character to level 10.

So I have a question. Lets say I am the Pea shooter. I got a 40k pack of cards and got the toxic pea shooter. I was wondering if I have to level each of the variations of the pea shooter? IF I level the default one to 10, will the variants also be at 10? The weapon upgrades are in packs of cards? Do the weapon upgrades work for all variations as well??? or will I need to collect them for each variation of the pea shooter? Thanks!

Also... what is the best pack to buy? What is the best mode to get points? Thanks for any help!

edit: What is the highest level you can take a peashooter to?

Kyzon

This will become my wind down game once Titanfall comes out so I have something to relieve the insanity of Titans falling. Playing with a group of friends really does help make the game even better.

I may have to do that as well.
I hope they bring in more classes to unlock, and new stages/modes.

mbmonk

Can someone help me understand when to use the plants root abilities? Peashooter has a gatling gun mode (sp?), and the sunflower has a 'ray' mode.

I have only played the game in the Classic Gardens & Graveyards mode.

In root mode I am giving up all mobility ( makes me very vulnerable to RPGs, grenades, not being able to move behind cover etc.), but I don't gain immense damage bonus. I can hardly kill anyone with it. I normally hit them a couple of times and then they kill me or just they go behind cover.

I am not getting this mechanic. Is it a team based ability? What am I missing?

Apologies and thank you.

Can someone help me understand when to use the plants root abilities? Peashooter has a gatling gun mode (sp?), and the sunflower has a 'ray' mode.

I have only played the game in the Classic Gardens & Graveyards mode.

In root mode I am giving up all mobility ( makes me very vulnerable to RPGs, grenades, not being able to move behind cover etc.), but I don't gain immense damage bonus. I can hardly kill anyone with it. I normally hit them a couple of times and then they kill me or just they go behind cover.

I am not getting this mechanic. Is it a team based ability? What am I missing?

Apologies and thank you.

I find it most useful in Garden Ops mode. When you see a boss from a distance you can just unload...Or when the zombie waves approach in the distance from an isolated point, just unload...You have little to no chance of being hurt and it's your most powerful attack.

So I have a question. Lets say I am the Pea shooter. I got a 40k pack of cards and got the toxic pea shooter. I was wondering if I have to level each of the variations of the pea shooter? IF I level the default one to 10, will the variants also be at 10? The weapon upgrades are in packs of cards? Do the weapon upgrades work for all variations as well??? or will I need to collect them for each variation of the pea shooter? Thanks!

Also... what is the best pack to buy? What is the best mode to get points? Thanks for any help!

edit: What is the highest level you can take a peashooter to?

No. If you get the pea shooter to level 10, all pea shooter variants will be level ten. However, upgrades like extra ammo or damage are unique to each variant so you'll have to get those.

40k packs are best if you only want a character. Otherwise, I'd go for the 20k packs.

The game is starting to wear a bit thin on me now, not asking for more maps or anything but i've played it a LOT since this and forza are my only main disc based games so far, had a blast up to this point.

A character balance is in order but nothing huge, pea is a little bit OP but not by much, the cactus could do with a slower fire rate and the scientist needs a heal beam like the sunflower of some kind.

call me salty or mad but what the fuck, I've seen 1 person get a huge chunk of the area captured but when there's 2/3 of my team we get so little and this is with no one from the other team inside the capture area

mbmonk

I find it most useful in Garden Ops mode. When you see a boss from a distance you can just unload...Or when the zombie waves approach in the distance from an isolated point, just unload...You have little to no chance of being hurt and it's your most powerful attack.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

Mindlog

The level up packs can also contain rare/super rare character pieces.

Welp, first time for everything. I got tebagged by a Cactus in Garden Warfare. Made me laugh because it was me alone fighting at their spawn and I still took two. Snapped my Vanquish streak though. One shy of twenty. In order to try new stuff I was playing G&G by sneaking behind plant lines as a zombie engineer to try and get the teleporter up as soon as we cap the earlier garden. With time to kill I was sniping Cactii pilots using my Drone. It was fun and easy credits. Credits put to Plant Packs. Plant Packs that have given me back-to-back-to-back-to-back 10x challenge skip packs.

Banned
No. If you get the pea shooter to level 10, all pea shooter variants will be level ten. However, upgrades like extra ammo or damage are unique to each variant so you'll have to get those.

Is there actually an advantage of any kind if a character is level 10 vs level 1 though? I've managed to get the Sunflower to level 10 but there's no obvious upgrade on any attributes.

Is there actually an advantage of any kind if a character is level 10 vs level 1 though? I've managed to get the Sunflower to level 10 but there's no obvious upgrade on any attributes.

You get character packs at certain levels. I think you get one for each level after level 5? There's really no advantage to the character itself, a level 1 Sunflower is no worse than a level 20 Sunflower if they have the same upgrades.

Twrs

Neo Member
You get character packs at certain levels. I think you get one for each level after level 5? There's really no advantage to the character itself, a level 1 Sunflower is no worse than a level 20 Sunflower if they have the same upgrades.

From level 10 onwards, instead of a pack you get 10,000 coins. I don't think there's anything special, though. My Sunflower is level 15.

Does anyone else have any issues opening the game on their XBOne? I get the splash screen and then it just boots me back to the home screen.

Does anyone else have any issues opening the game on their XBOne? I get the splash screen and then it just boots me back to the home screen.

Nothing so far, retail disc copy.

I do have bad dashboard performance with this game however, pressing the home button will freeze the box up for a good 4 seconds before doing anything, forza 5 and strider don't do this and are near instant.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I think they need to bump the scientists goo grenades. I've stuck them directly on the face of a Chomper followed by a shot gun blast and the dude still survived. I didn't notice how weak they were until I went for the kill 10 achievement. And if they dont feel like upping the dmg is a good idea in the very least have them refresh more quickly. Cant tell you how many times I've tossed one, died, and then when I respawned I was still at 0 grenades. I mean look at the pea shooter, that mother fucker gets a nuke each and every time he dies, no waiting.

And to chime in on the subject of plants being overpowered as a whole, I don't think they are. Ive noticed when playing death match it can go either way, the teams seem fairly even. Where you notice a plant bias is in Gardens & Graveyards but I think that has more to do with shit birds not playing the objective. Its rare that I'm ever on a team where more than half is actually trying to capture. Too many people sit back because they're trying to get their kills. Because of that I'd like to see a $10 payout for every second you spent capturing a point to help motivate people to play the objective.

Join a game of gardens & graveyards late into a match as a zombie, 2nd on score by the second garden.

Not sure if a lot of kids play this game or what but I don't usually tower up a scoreboard in many games outside of this one, and no this was not using OP foot soldier :p

Just got disconnected from a lag free server, what the feck is going on with this game :/

This game sometimes...

Garden and Graveyards last night, we needed to get into the mansion... I get disconnected from EA servers, my friend doesn't but he already has the achievement for it!

They did it as well, stupid EA :(

I'd like to see people rank the characters in PVP. I haven't played them all but really enjoy the Chomper as he fits my playstyle.

Here's my opinion..Played about 10 hours, but only Vanquish and Garden Ops (different story there as the Sunflower is needed, but not so much in PVP..More of a luxury)...Haven't tried Gardens and Graves..Only unlocked Future Cactus.

1. Cactus (while I suck with him but my buddy was lighting it up. Dmg is great, the potato mines seem too op'ed..Plus drones..oh boy)
2. Foot solider (nice gun, accurate, plus that jump, good dmg)
3. Peashooter (jump, splash dmg shooting, grenades)
4. Chomper (I like the playstyle/hit and run, but one chomp is one kill, but then you're vulnerable..a trade off but still pretty easy..worst should be 1-1 kd ratio)
5. Scientist (not too familiar but seems to have the offensive advantage vs the Sunflower, teleport really fucks over the Chomper)
6. Sunflower (great healer...fun in Garden ops)
7. Engineer (slow fire rate, powerful gun/good dmg when it hits, jackhammer is fun, stun hammer=bfd, drones, but still kinda sucks or at least I suck with him)
8. All-Star (hate him..slow guy, no jumping ability, slow/delayed shooting..tackle is cool and helps avoid Chompers).

C-Jo

Hey everyone, I'm the lead gameplay designer and balance guy on Garden Warfare. I've posted a couple times in this thread, but didn't have a whole lot to say until now. Our first balance patch is now live:

Economy Balancing
- More Coins! Yes more coins are now awarded in both Team Vanquish Mode and Gardens & Graveyards.

Sticker Packs
- Skip Star Challenge cards are now more plentiful – these are a great way to skip the harder challenges.

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards
- Zombie garden capture time decreased in all maps.

Gameplay Balance Changes:

All-Star
- Increased primary weapon damage, and reduced damage falloff distance.
- Increased the Imp Punt's inner blast radius.

Soldier
- Ice Trooper: Reduced weapon damage falloff distance.

Scientist
- Marine Biologist: Reduced weapon damage falloff distance.
- Dr. Toxic: Increased rate of fire and reduced weapon damage falloff distance.

Sunflower:
- Mystic Sunflower: Increased projectile damage across all three charge levels.

We're going to continue updating and tweaking the game in the days and weeks to come, and I'd love to know what you all think!

sangreal

MrGpSpCl.png

I've had several perfect plant runs since, but I don't think that is supposed to happen...

was my first garden and graveyards game

sangreal

Hey everyone, I'm the lead gameplay designer and balance guy on Garden Warfare. I've posted a couple times in this thread, but didn't have a whole lot to say until now. Our first balance patch is now live:

Economy Balancing
- More Coins! Yes more coins are now awarded in both Team Vanquish Mode and Gardens & Graveyards.

Sticker Packs
- Skip Star Challenge cards are now more plentiful – these are a great way to skip the harder challenges.

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards

All-Star

Soldier

Scientist

Sunflower:

We going to continue updating and tweaking the game in the days and weeks to come, and I'd love to know what you all think!

Really like the sound of all of these

(buff the power chomper though)

hawk2025

Economy Balancing

Sticker Packs

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards

All-Star

Soldier

Scientist

Sunflower:

We going to continue updating and tweaking the game in the days and weeks to come, and I'd love to know what you all think!

Wow!

These are all AWESOME changes that I very much appreciate. Very, very nice job, and I'm glad that it came so quickly.

Economy Balancing

Sticker Packs

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards

All-Star

Soldier

Scientist

Sunflower:

Awesome!

I'm most excited for the economy changes (will allow me to buy more gear!), G&G timer changes and All Star buffs.

Can't wait for future updates. :)

Freeser

Economy Balancing

Sticker Packs

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards

All-Star

Soldier

Scientist

Sunflower:

Would it be possible to patch in legacy and legacy southpaw thumbstick support in a future update? Great game BTW.

see5harp

Economy Balancing

Sticker Packs

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards

All-Star

Soldier

Scientist

Sunflower:

We're going to continue updating and tweaking the game in the days and weeks to come, and I'd love to know what you all think!

Nice to see more coins. I'll jump back in this weekend for sure.

Anion

Economy Balancing

Sticker Packs

Mode Balance:

Gardens & Graveyards

All-Star

Soldier

Scientist

Sunflower:

Thanks! I noticed the economy update and was like, "awesome"

C-Jo

Would it be possible to patch in legacy and legacy southpaw thumbstick support in a future update? Great game BTW.

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure what would be involved with patching in new control schemes, but we're looking into it right now.

Top Bottom