• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

It kills me that I can't play this. Every time I see the thread on the first page I click and read the last 1-2 pages of new posts word-for-word. Kinda wish I got an X1, maybe still can in the coming months.
The unlocks, classes, sub-classes, customizations, loot, graphics and light-heartedness... it reminds me of Gotham Impostors, which was one of my fav MP games, but with deeper mechanics.

So Plants get no bonus for holding bases? Why?

Now the G&G mode is completely tipped in Zombie favor, theres basically no reason to stick around to play as plants when its far more lucrative to find a match where you can play as zombies instead, I get double to triple the coins as them.

statham

I'm pretty sure I just shot down a rocket from a soldier with my cactus, has anyone done this or am I going looney? The rocket was coming straight on and I shot and it disappeared.

It kills me that I can't play this. Every time I see the thread on the first page I click and read the last 1-2 pages of new posts word-for-word. Kinda wish I got an X1, maybe still can in the coming months.
The unlocks, classes, sub-classes, customizations, loot, graphics and light-heartedness... it reminds me of Gotham Impostors, which was one of my fav MP games, but with deeper mechanics.

Do you have a 360?
I have the 360 version and it runs and looks great.
Only thing it's missing is splitscreen and smartglass, but that's needless.

koopas

Do you have a 360?
I have the 360 version and it runs and looks great.
Only thing it's missing is splitscreen and smartglass, but that's needless.
Second this, I was suprised with how great the 360 version looks it's stunning.

I do miss couch coop however ...

Tusk

So, dunno if anyone's already seen it, but y'know how in boderlands 2 they had those minecraft head skins things? :b I just saw an engineer with a minecraft head. Thought it was pretty cool that something like that is in this game.

Mononoke

Banned
I have a question. Me and my friend have been playing splitscreen mode. For whatever reason, he can't upgrade his character. Only characters upgraded on the first player account carries over. So what I mean is, he'll be playing Chomper, and the Chomper is only at the level that I have it at. Even if he plays a Chomper all night, he won't get XP.

What I find strange is, my friend has his own account. He's not playing as a guest. It's weird. Is this how the game is designed?

The revival button prompt is glitchy as hell. I always have to circle a teammate twice to get it to show up.

Also, it should have some indicator showing that a person is being revived. I always see like 3 people bunching around a KO'd plant all trying to revive him.

derFeef

The revival button prompt is glitchy as hell. I always have to circle a teammate twice to get it to show up.

For me the progress bar just stops sometimes - happens with building stuff as well.

I really wanna skip some challanges, but I did not get any cards for it yet :/

eastx

I have a question. Me and my friend have been playing splitscreen mode. For whatever reason, he can't upgrade his character. Only characters upgraded on the first player account carries over. So what I mean is, he'll be playing Chomper, and the Chomper is only at the level that I have it at. Even if he plays a Chomper all night, he won't get XP.

What I find strange is, my friend has his own account. He's not playing as a guest. It's weird. Is this how the game is designed?

Yes. It's an oversight on the part of the developers.

derFeef

How does the Sun Heals achievement work? I am pretty sure I healed 25 players in a session, but I did not get it. Also I will never get the Snare-Chomp achievement - that's just not possible.

How does the Sun Heals achievement work? I am pretty sure I healed 25 players in a session, but I did not get it. Also I will never get the Snare-Chomp achievement - that's just not possible.

I didn't have any problem getting Sun Heals to pop but the game does seem like it's a little finicky in what counts as a heal and what doesn't. At the end of the match it should show how many times you healed another player in the "Cool Stats" section. If you're definitely getting over 25 then it might just be bugged.

By Snare-Chomp do you mean Snaretastic? You can do that one in Garden Ops. I got it fairly easily by loading up Garden Ops on easy and dropping spikeweeds near the garden. The regular zombies will die just from the spikeweed though so I'm not sure if those will count toward the achievement but even still it's a fairly easy task in Garden Ops.

derFeef

Oh right, it does not say players, that's a good tip, thank you.
Have not played Garden Ops yet ;)

edit: Heals do not show up in the stats screen... ?

Is it just me, or does no one talk? I'm starting to wonder if my headset even works (except the test beep works when I change the volume). Or are there settings I need to change?

bidguy

Banned

does it show "healing +10 coins" in the left corner ?

Got the glowing electric skin for the Biologists dolphin. So good.

Whether you're defending or attacking, the end of G&G in Wal-nut Hill is awesome when most know to gather at the footbridge

derFeef

Does "Join>Game" work for anyone in this game? It just launches the game and does nothing. Then if you joun a MO game it "adds" the friend you jsut joined... but it does not seem to work at all.

It is consuming me right now. I can see me getting it for the PS4 once it comes out, too!

Yeah, unfortunately that's how it goes. Your friend will also be using your seed packs to plant the plants, as well.

Top Bottom