• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Etnos

Banned
BiecKVgCYAErZiR.jpg

I can get behind this... whatever this is ...

Mindlog

Was there any sort of Pre-Order bonus code for this with character unlocks, sticker packs, or etc?
Buying the digital version got me some free packs.

One of those things you notice... Has anyone ever successfully defended the final mansion mission as a plant? That may be the only thing I have never seen so far. Still a fun map, but stopping them at or before the pool seems like a must.

One of those things you notice... Has anyone ever successfully defended the final mansion mission as a plant? That may be the only thing I have never seen so far. Still a fun map, but stopping them at or before the pool seems like a must.

Nope, I've never seen it done. Every time that map has gotten to that point, the zombies have won. It's probably because the plants always seem to back all the way up to the mansion instead of cutting them off at the coconuts.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Yes, early on, My zombie team was withheld the entire time. But since players learned how to Teleport-rush with Scientist, and overall make much better use of their abilities, no.

It's nice being able to taunt during the victory / defeat cinematics, if you find yourself in the shot, too.

Mindlog

Yeah it might be the plants playing a bit passive. I'm usually hammering away at the teleporter trying to bring it down or keep it from coming up.

After three zombies get in I usually set myself up somewhere to jump on the bridge. Spamming gestures at the camera is of vital importance to me.

pacman85

I double dipped and it reset me on Xbone.
That what I was expecting based on the sheer fact that Microsoft hasn't really seemed to integrate anything the 360 had with the XBox One. Want to see your XBox One games, gamerscore, activity on xbox.com? No can do. Want to check out your XBox One game history on the XBox SmartGlass app? Nope, gotta go download the separate XBox One specific SmartGlass app. Want to party chat or do anything with people on the XBox 360 with your XBox One? Nope. Want to use the now converted Microsoft Points/real currency to buy any XBox 360 content on the xbox.com? Nope, gotta get on the XBox 360 to do that or just use your credit card and leave your Microsoft account balance unused. About the only thing that carried over to the XBox One is your XBox Live Gold account and your gamerscore.

WiCkEd_Co

Playing this more than TitanFall still. Mostly because both my brothers play this also so its more fun playing with them on my 360 than playing with randoms on Xbox One TF.

Lima

That what I was expecting based on the sheer fact that Microsoft hasn't really seemed to integrate anything the 360 had with the XBox One. Want to see your XBox One games, gamerscore, activity on xbox.com? No can do. Want to check out your XBox One game history on the XBox SmartGlass app? Nope, gotta go download the separate XBox One specific SmartGlass app. Want to party chat or do anything with people on the XBox 360 with your XBox One? Nope. Want to use the now converted Microsoft Points/real currency to buy any XBox 360 content on the xbox.com? Nope, gotta get on the XBox 360 to do that or just use your credit card and leave your Microsoft account balance unused. About the only thing that carried over to the XBox One is your XBox Live Gold account and your gamerscore.

I really think we should have a thread to discuss this. Seems really poor. Lack of integration was the one thing I didn't expect from MS.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I really think we should have a thread to discuss this. Seems really poor. Lack of integration was the one thing I didn't expect from MS.

Why? The idea of "Games existing between consoles" doesn't seem to have entered their corporate ideal state yet. Similar to the over-inflated prices for multiple copies of Skulls of the Shogun, the staggered separate release dates of XB1 / XB360 releases, and the lack of games that benefit from cross Windows PC / Phone / Xb360 / XB1 play.

The only time they seem OK with it is when the outside party pushes for it themselves. So if one could get Popcap to make it work as a feature with EA's Origin info, sure, it'd probably happen, same as how Metal Gear V save data will apparently transfer between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, even cross generation.

If they'd have had something like a Digital Bundle to get PvZGW on both systems, or offered a discount (like to 10 bucks) to get a second, shared account version on 360 as well, I'd probably be able to convince a few friends who haven't moved on to this Gen to get in on PvZGW as well...

So I picked up Titanfall (which I am also loving!) but I always end up coming back to this game for a few rounds every night.

Hopefully I'm not the only one popping back and forth. This seems like it really could be Xbox's Team Fortress 2 where the community sticks around for the simple fun and goofy skins/hats keep people interested. I'm still a bit salty that the 360 version of TF2 was abondoned, and I'll be crushed if this suffers the same fate.

Mdk7

Fanart completed, i hope you (and the guys at Popcap) enjoy it. :D
I'm very sorry for the layoffs, sucks to hear that.

pvz_garden_warfare___herbarium_warfare_by_mdk7-d7a5ab1.jpg

I'll put it soon on Society6, in case someone is mad enough to want to hang it somewhere. :B

What packs do you guys buy? I've been getting the Premiums, but I think the character packs might be better because once you get everyone, you'll have nothing left to get but the slick items.

Caayn

Fanart completed, i hope you (and the guys at Popcap) enjoy it. :D
I'm very sorry for the layoffs, sucks to hear that.

I'll put it soon on Society6, in case someone is mad enough to want to hang it somewhere. :B
Great job, love the names and the contrast between the two sides of a character.

usctrojan

So I picked up Titanfall (which I am also loving!) but I always end up coming back to this game for a few rounds every night.

Hopefully I'm not the only one popping back and forth. This seems like it really could be Xbox's Team Fortress 2 where the community sticks around for the simple fun and goofy skins/hats keep people interested. I'm still a bit salty that the 360 version of TF2 was abondoned, and I'll be crushed if this suffers the same fate.

Same here. This game is great but I have noticed a lot less people playong since TF release which makes sense, I guess. I hope it picks up again.

BlindRage

So did they dumb back down how many skip challenges you get? Haven't got any in the last 10 packs.. It seems like the same as before makes no sense.

Mindlog

Has there been another round of balance changes?
Now you do get points for standing in the capture circle.

Finally figured out the easy way to get assist master, but got dropped from the game before I got my 2nd award for it. Should be relatively easy to get now. I still don't know about 10 kills with the pea gatling. It's antithetical to my playstyle. Kind of like the Commando Zombie. I think he isn't that great, but I'm always at or near Vanquish Master/Streak when using him.

Also
https://twitter.com/JA_Wiebe/status/444584123567312897
Justin Wiebe ‏@JA_Wiebe Mar 14

@NSSteph @PlantsvsZombies Looking for concepts for a new Peashooter character. Please send us your cool art! #GardenWarfare #PvZGW

Seems to imply that new DLC will include new classes. Just like Mass Effect.

Donos

Had the chance to play it splitscreen at a friend and wow what blast. Hadn't that much local coop fun in a long while.
Played the "normal" 2D PvZ for over 30 hours on my phone and totally love the artstyle in 3D.
Congrats to PopCap for this game.

Mookow

I thought Titanfall would kill this for me, but it's the opposite. It's a nice relaxing game for me to do a few rounds in still.

statham

I thought Titanfall would kill this for me, but it's the opposite. It's a nice relaxing game for me to do a few rounds in still.

I love the game, I usually play a few rounds before hitting up Titanfall. I hate the sunflower after it kills me and it prances around with a smiley! I think I go after everyone who plays the sunflower because of that animation. revenge!

CaLe

So my wife sucks at games and she's afraid she'll get made fun of online. Can she still play this game or it's a death sentence for her ego ?

I want her to get into games, I just don't want her to come to bed crying at night.

Can we play co-op alone me and her ? Don't get any wrong ideas here.

Friction

So my wife sucks at games and she's afraid she'll get made fun of online. Can she still play this game or it's a death sentence for her ego ?

I want her to get into games, I just don't want her to come to bed crying at night.

Can we play co-op alone me and her ? Don't get any wrong ideas here.

Excellent game to start with. My wife loves it and she hates dying and shooters.

A few tips. Get her started with the peashooter. Sunflowers are deceptively more difficult because of the accuracy required and the short health.

Go garden ops, set on easy and she is good to go. Good luck!

Couch coop is there but only offline.

SuperPac

I still can't manage to get a game of garden ops going. Just keeps disconnecting

This happened to me. Culprit was my NAT was strict instead of open. All other game types were fine but was never able to join a Garden Ops game until I changed those settings on my router.

So did they dumb back down how many skip challenges you get? Haven't got any in the last 10 packs.. It seems like the same as before makes no sense.

I bought a crazy pack last night and Its gave me 5 skip challenge stars :]
Now I have more than 10 because I never use them

Mindlog

Excellent game to start with. My wife loves it and she hates dying and shooters.

A few tips. Get her started with the peashooter. Sunflowers are deceptively more difficult because of the accuracy required and the short health.

Go garden ops, set on easy and she is good to go. Good luck!

Couch coop is there but only offline.
Spot on. There's really no better game for this exact purpose. Then once they get comfortable they can starts dabbling in the other modes.

Gusto

Not gonna lie, picked up Titanfall on launch, played several rounds, put back in Garden Warfare. I'm probably the minority but, seems more fun to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, that's it. There's no reason to keep playing Titanfall when this game is so much more fun.
Not gonna lie, picked up Titanfall on launch, played several rounds, put back in Garden Warfare. I'm probably the minority but, seems more fun to me.

I haven't played Titanfall in about 2 days, but I make sure to get in a few hours of this every night. I feel much more "Meh" about the stuff I have to earn in Titanfall, and I love the more Matchup-like nature of this game, whereas Titanfall always feels like it's a bit "Every man for himself!", even in team based gameplay.

There you go buddy, thanks for the appreciation! :)
http://society6.com/Mdk7/Plants-Vs-...e-Herbarium-Warfare_Print?show=promoters#1=45

I knew this would happen, but Titanfall has taken over my (gaming) life, so ATM i have little time for Garden Warfare.
Which sucks, 'cause the game is there and i have tons of fun with it!
Plus i wanted to unlock cool character parts! D:

Awesome work btw, and Yay for the drone making it in! Maybe you should take a stab at designing a Peashooter too, since I'm sure you're more comfortable with what makes the characters "tick" now.

How's Society6 working for you, btw? I've thought about using them, but I figured I could make it different from my still-growing Artpal.com stuff, by using it for more "developed" pieces at some point...

Seems like the site really shines for Fanart prints, which is always find weird, haha.

First thing I thought of, but I have a couple that are still locked.

Remember that some are only unlocked by class leveling up to 10, one per type. Are the ones you have locked including those, or are those the ONLY ones you have left to get, possibly?

Top Bottom