• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Garden Warfare is better than Titanfall in my opinion as well. The characters you play as have so much more variety in play styles, the things you unlock are so much more exciting. Titanfall is a good game, but compared to Garden Warfare it feels bland. Rush mode (gardens & graveyards) is much more exciting than Domination (capture A,B,C) for example.

I've been playing as the Plumber for most of the day... lol I don't think I ever want to play as a plant again. Seriously, the Plumber easily replaces the Marine Biologist as my favorite character even after unlocking the Shark hat :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Completely forgot about that! Thanks for clearing things up :D

Quite welcome! It's interesting that the game is thoughtful enough to keep you from wasting money like that.

I've been playing as the Plumber for most of the day... lol I don't think I ever want to play as a plant again. Seriously, the Plumber easily replaces the Marine Biologist as my favorite character even after unlocking the Shark hat :p

How does his gun work? I've yet to earn him.

My 2 classes of SURPRIZE AMAZ lately have been the Painter (40 base damage near-instant travel crits are so lovely) and the Physicist I believe (With the EMP Frazzle Launcher). I was sniping with him in gardens & graveyards, and CHAIN LIGHTNING that hits EVERYONE in an area is just much too fun. Things were dying almost every other shot, with no ability to hide behind a wall or such. Coupled with Sticky bombs and teammates, I felt so surprisingly different from the Direct-as-Hell Marine Biologist, which I think is EVERYONES favorite Scientist...

Quite welcome! It's interesting that the game is thoughtful enough to keep you from wasting money like that.

I was afraid it had something to do with microtransactions haha Glad it wasn't.

How does his gun work? I've yet to earn him.

Very similar to the Engineer's Concrete Launcher, but the damage is 36/25 with 25/20 splash. Though it does have quite the drop off. I have to aim higher at mid-long ranges.

My 2 classes of SURPRIZE AMAZ lately have been the Painter (40 base damage near-instant travel crits are so lovely) and the Physicist I believe (With the EMP Frazzle Launcher). I was sniping with him in gardens & graveyards, and CHAIN LIGHTNING that hits EVERYONE in an area is just much too fun. Things were dying almost every other shot, with no ability to hide behind a wall or such. Coupled with Sticky bombs and teammates, I felt so surprisingly different from the Direct-as-Hell Marine Biologist, which I think is EVERYONES favorite Scientist...

Physicist sounds fun! Definitely going to him a whirl once I'm bored with the Plumber :)

Mindlog

Very similar to the Engineer's Concrete Launcher, but the damage is 36/25 with 25/20 splash. Though it does have quite the drop off. I have to aim higher at mid-long ranges.
It's also extremely powerful in close quarters when running around on the jackhammer. I go Mechanic a lot to keep the teleporter from being harassed by enemy drones.

The Zombies have a lot of great classes. Every time I'm a Plant I feel like going Fire Cactus. Just started dabbling in Toxic Pea for Assist Master purposes, but for G&G that Cactus is my go-to.

Anyone want to party up in like a half hour? I have been playing by myself mostly, really enjoying it though!

Which platform are you on. I'm on XB1 and welcome invites. I can't promise I'll always leave another game to play that moment, but I'll always let know either way. :)

Gamertag is BruiserBear76

I unlocked the Too Cool and Super Fever gestures for the Soldier and they are without a doubt the best in the game. I always let out a hefty laugh when doing either.

ObiDin

The disparity in coins from winning in gardens & graveyards as plants denying on the first garden vs. taking everything as zombies is a little disturbing.

As plants last night we denied the zombies on the first garden, got around 4k.
Next match, won as the zombies taking every garden, got around 10k.

Shouldn't there be a higher reward for plants that stop the zombies on the first garden?

The disparity in coins from winning in gardens & graveyards as plants denying on the first garden vs. taking everything as zombies is a little disturbing.

As plants last night we denied the zombies on the first garden, got around 4k.
Next match, won as the zombies taking every garden, got around 10k.

Shouldn't there be a higher reward for plants that stop the zombies on the first garden?

I try to let the zombies take a couple of Gardens to farm points and then defend with one or two left. Doesn't always work haha So yeah, I agree payouts need to be tweaked on the Plants side.

I had an amazing game yesterday with the Plumber - 57 Vanquishes and 19k points :D

ObiDin

I try to let the zombies take a couple of Gardens to farm points and then defend with one or two left. Doesn't always work haha So yeah, I agree payouts need to be tweaked on the Plants side.

I had an amazing game yesterday with the Plumber - 57 Vanquishes and 19k points :D

Wow! Best I've had was a 18(Vanquish)-5(K.O.) round, but I'm only level 18 and play mainly as a regular Chomper or Regular All-Star. I've unlocked the Power Cactus, Future Cactus and Dr. Toxic Scienctist but I haven't really liked any of them better than the Chomper or All-Star.

Playing as the chomper is deliriously fun!

pacman85

I've been playing as the Plumber for most of the day... lol I don't think I ever want to play as a plant again.
I have been playing other classes for the first time recently and I almost feel like this with every new class I play. I love discovering the new classes abilities/upgrades and how different/varied they are from other classes. This game is awesome!

pacman85

Sweet! This is the first time I am hearing about this DLC coming this quick.
From the article:
The additional content will be available on both Xbox One and Xbox 360 starting tomorrow, March 18, and will add a new eight-against-eight gameplay mode called "Gnome Bomb", the new Chomp Town map, and 24 additional abilities for use across the various classes.

24 additional abilities?!

Mindlog

That would probably shoot CPM through the roof. I hope that's how they're balancing it all out.

Had no idea the DLC was coming so soon. Haven't really done enough Mass Effect style speed runs so I don't have any credits saved up. For shame!

Megatron

How is the 360 version of this game? For some reason I thought it was timed exclusive like Titanfall is. I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow with MGS, but no plans for a ONE anytime soon, so it will have to be 360.

How is the 360 version of this game? For some reason I thought it was timed exclusive like Titanfall is. I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow with MGS, but no plans for a ONE anytime soon, so it will have to be 360.

Fun :)

There are texture streaming issues when you first load up a map, framerate can take a hit when there is a lot going on in G&G, and a bit of tearing to top it off. None of which make it unplayable. I have about 50hrs in so far and plan to spend more time with it.

Chettlar

Banned
BiecKVgCYAErZiR.jpg

What is this from?

Caayn

PopCap/PvZ's twitter

They did a few with other EA games

Edit: Just noticed the Dead Face image is of the Welder class! Wish the game had the actual lights on the helmet.
Amazing! Love the Grass Effect.
But I'm missing "Need for Seeds" and "Flowers Edge"

Mookow

Really excited for the DLC. I already play this game a lot, more modes, more hats, more weapons. It will only keep me coming back.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The game said it'd be having server maintenance at 2 am to 6 am PDT tonight. The DLC will probably be available after that.

Do we know what the new skills are for the classes?

You can see some of them here, in this post from the announcement thread:

Got some hands-on time at EA HQ on Friday. Here's some of my direct feed footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSIR_X_27O8&hd=1

Some worthy ones I noticed:

• Chili Bean Bomb that is stationary?
  • ZPG that shoots 3 shots.
  • Evil Sunflower Deployable that damages enemies rather than heals.
  • Solar Flare beam that is the ultimate attack in the universe.
  • Raindow Heal beam that heals.. with Raindows.
  • A deployable megaphone for Engineer.
  • 5 mini mines rather than 3 larger, more damaging potato mines.
  • Tallnut in steel that is taller, takes more damage to kill.
  • New drones that are tougher, but have less firepower than the old types.

Chettlar

Banned
PopCap/PvZ's twitter

They did a few with other EA games

FY4zJWbl.jpg

3HPqcEHl.jpg

Ekgz0B7l.jpg

Edit: Just noticed the Dead Face image is of the Welder class! Wish the game had the actual lights on the helmet.

These are great.

But seriously Bitenfall should be a thing. Maybe a mode in a PvZGW sequel or something.

statham

had a fun game earlier where me and two other cactus set up a fort with mines everywhere and we snipped like crazy. I love this game.

now the next free dlc should come with capture the flag D: i hope they put that game mode in this game.

the plants would have a huge advantage by every plant team being all cactus and chompers planting potato mines, potato shields and vine whips

but that would be a good mode if it was balanced

Mindlog

the plants would have a huge advantage by every plant team being all cactus and chompers planting potato mines, potato shields and vine whips

but that would be a good mode if it was balanced
Scientist variant should get a grenade that does extra damage to burrowed objects.

On the eve of new DLC I saved enough to get some Supremium Packs. For the first time ever as a Plant we defended the mansion vs Zombies :D I've never been so impressed by teamwork in the game. I had my drone out keeping the teleporter down when I could and some Peas/Chompers were helping. Everyone else stacked the front entrances to the garden (not the mansion) and Cactii had a field day picking off stalled zombies trying to get in. It was amazing.

Just for a little extra I put goop plants in every pot.

After winning the last stand I jumped off the balcony and danced on the bridge. Naturally.

EA servers are down for me in the UK, why am I not surprised.

Does anyone else love the background music that sometimes plays during gardens and graveyards.

The music which kicks in on the final objective always hypes me up.

Garden Warfare is better than Titanfall in my opinion as well. The characters you play as have so much more variety in play styles, the things you unlock are so much more exciting. Titanfall is a good game, but compared to Garden Warfare it feels bland. Rush mode (gardens & graveyards) is much more exciting than Domination (capture A,B,C) for example.

I feel the same way, Titanfall is a good game but after playing a good 7 or so hours plus beating the so called campaign multiplayer I could sell the game and feel happy with myself, while with PvZ I woke up this morning hyped for this update because the game is just that good, it's also the team fortress 2 we never really got on consoles.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Xb1 Patching just isn't as optimized as 360's is; It's more surprising that the patch isn't the same size as the game itself, as it has been at times with Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct.

So, I've had the patch for an hour+:
  • Like just about every XB1 patch, it's buggy. I've been booted out of games after respawning from a chomper kill, and waiting for the countdown timer after a match has sent me back to dashboard each time.
  • I don't know how to unlock the new abilities yet. However, you can see the updated spaces for new abilities and items in the stickerbook.
  • Monetary Victory Values have been reset to OLD increments, across all modes.

Hopefully, the issues can be ironed out. They mentioned that money values are a server-side issue, so that should be able to be changed without any pain. The glitchiness however might require another patch...

Chomp Town & Gnome Bomb:

• Chomp town is a great little map to me; the perfect mix of tight hallways and advantage-via-height setups.
  • It's full of tricky ways to scale upwards, and has memorable mini-locations (The Gas Station, the Veggie stand, Giant Pepper), which is a staple of solid stage design, to me.

--

• Gnome bomb is a great rush. It really focuses on teams rolling like GANGS, which leads to a lot of satisfying multikills.
  • Death really doesn't matter much here (like G&G), though getting sent back to spawn does take you out of the action for a good "walk" of time.

Top Bottom