• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Triz

Played 3 matches, all have disconnected before the finish. My favorite being over 10K points in a gardens graveyards match and losing connection 5 seconds before the end of the game thus netting no coins.

Fix this shit Guerilla!

Reloaded

Banned
Have they dropped the amount of coins you earn?

I'm almost sure I'm earning less coins after todays patch.

Maybe its just me?

Edit: 'Gnome bomb' is an amazing game mode.

Played a few more matches and man, Gnome Bomb is simply amazing.

Two things off the top of my head that I do hope change. The first, as stated above, being defuses taking priority over reviving. There were a couple of instances where I ended up reviving someone instead of the defusing the bomb. I didn't notice because I was too busy looking around for zombies. The second, like Rush in BF, the bomb should not detonate if it's in the process of being defused. If you're not at the objective with 5-7(?) seconds left then it's best to just avoid the fight and wait for the Gnome to respawn.

Also, I've only played Gnome Bomb, but it seems most of the texture streaming issues on 360 have been alleviated?

Well, downloaded the update and decided to try it out.

Took me three tries to actually get into Gnome Bomb as the first two times selecting it put me into Team Vanquish. Joined in progress on a Gnome Bomb game that was essentially already over. Game crashed loading the next match. So yeah, not the best of starts. I've also been dropped from the server during one match. Not sure what issues they're having but hopefully they get ironed out.

The game still seems to essentially be Soldiers vs. Pea Shooters. Both classes are way stronger than they should be. Not sure why PopCap insists on letting that continue on.

Regardless, after playing a few matches, Gnome Bomb is pretty fun. I'm a bit flabbergasted that you don't have to actually plant the bomb. You just run up to the objective and it auto plants. Considering how difficult it is to actually disarm it without being killed that seems to be a pretty poor design decision in my opinion.

Still though, I think Gnome Bomb is my favorite mode out of the three. They did a pretty good job with it and if they get the balance sorted out I can see myself playing it more

I Love this game but I don't like the Gnome Bomb Mod

The major problem is its take 2 seconds to plant the bomb but its take about 5-6 seconds to defuse it . Its almost impossible to defuse the bomb
Another problem is this mode don't give you enough coins . I mean when I play G&G I can get 11000 coins per round but in the Gnome Bomb 3000-4000 is the highest you can get .

pacman85

Have they dropped the amount of coins you earn?

I'm almost sure I'm earning less coins after todays patch.

Maybe its just me?

Edit: 'Gnome bomb' is an amazing game mode.
So, I've had the patch for an hour+:
  • Monetary Victory Values have been reset to OLD increments, across all modes.

Do not worry:

From Justin Wiebe ‏@JA_Wiebe

"The economy updates for coins earned in Team Vanquish/Gardens & Graveyards were lost when DLC came in. We will fix that as well."

Game is unplayable now, during the game it stalls and goes back to the main menu with a message "You have lost connection to the game session" usually during Gardens & Graveyards but now it's happening during the new mode too. FFS

Mindlog

They're even copying the Mass Effect MP DLC bugs :D

I think I broke it. First game I finished I earned 24k+ points with the Super Commando. Almost felt bad about the 47-1 K/D, but I had a challenge to earn the highest vanquish streak >_< I helped capture 2 out of 4 objectives, but didn't go in the mansion. Have to dance on the bridge. Always.

Couldn't finish another match after that one. Will try again tomorrow if they have it ironed out. Managed to get the new flower sun beam accessory and it's very powerful.

Gnome bomb is great. On that one I enjoyed rushing into the ruckus surrounding objectives and bombs. Was about to win that one when my connection dropped.

Game is unplayable now, during the game it stalls and goes back to the main menu with a message "You have lost connection to the game session" usually during Gardens & Graveyards but now it's happening during the new mode too. FFS

Yikes, I was planning on going back to this tonight and playing a few matches, but it sounds like I should stick with Titanfall for a day or two
or a week
until they get their shit together.

TrueGrime

Since I sold off the Dooty and Battlelag 4, been looking for something other than Titanfall to play lately. Does the game run smoothly and are there always people online to play with?

Yeah I just lost three challenge skip stars because of this.

I'm not sure who's bright idea it was to erase challenge progress when you disconnect but not give your consumables back.

Edit: And I just lost my last one. Fuck off EA/PopCap.

Servers seem to be ok at the moment

Have to say I've really enjoyed this game, it's the most fun I've had this gen so far. I recommend a purchase to PS3/PS4/PC guys when it comes to those platforms

Since I sold off the Dooty and Battlelag 4, been looking for something other than Titanfall to play lately. Does the game run smoothly and are there always people online to play with?

Haven't had any serious issues that were ongoing, so my time with the game has been phenomenal. It's such a breath of fresh air.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Server issues seem to have disappeared. I haven't had a Restart / Disconnection since mid time yesterday.

Coins are back up to their increased values... but I think you still get crap money numbers in Gnome Bomb? Yech.

I've gotten very few new abilities do far, but the ones I have gotten have been respectable!
  • Long Punt for All Star: When this works, it feels great. A wonderful tool for Chomp Town.
  • Heavy Drone for Engineer: Rather than the missle cluster, you get one quick-reload missile that does 25 damage, and a laser beam rather than machine guns. It also has 20 armor. My favorite thing so far.
    Note: The death animation seems bugged; it explodes AFTER the camera has shifted back to the player.
  • Iron Tallnut: It's big, it's tough, it's... I dunno. Worthless in Chomptown? I'd love to use it on Scallywag, But for now, it's just... kinda.. there?

I haven't seen Port Scallywag since yesterday. I think it must have been the thing that caused glitches / bugs, because it seems gone.

It's a bit annoying, but I'm enjoying the slow trickle of the new abilities into the game. Nothing seems blatantly overpowered, just.. different. It'll take a while to get used to, but hopefully these help change the team dynamics that people strive for (It's nearly impossible to take out the new drones with teams that can't fast-schoot into the air, for example)

Titanfall has been a dud for me compared to this. And I doubt that it'll give me any free DLC as substantial as the stuff gotten with this game. So worth the purchase, and that's not even considering the fun to be had with 2P Splitscreen GardOps. (Really, if 2P account earning their own coins could be patched into the game, it'd be so much better.)

WiCkEd_Co

Probably been ask before but on my phone, is this game cross save? I have the 360 one and wouldn't mind buying again on my Xbox One but don't want to start over.

Mindlog

Managed to finish a map without a hard lock :]

Artichoke Drone is neat in spirit, but needs more tweaking. The thing that keeps the normal drone alive is staying in cover and hitting hard when necessary. Artichoke can't stay in cover because of its corn strike variant and there is not enough fuel to really make use of the cannon. The minor armor upgrade can't really keep it alive since it draws so much attention to itself.

That's just my impression from one game though. Maybe it will grow on me.
Also got one game with the new Rocket Jump. It partners really well with CC soldiers like the General Supremo.

So I got the strategy guide from primagames and there was a code in it for a sticker pack, I entered the code on xbox.com and it said I unlocked a sticker pack but when I go into the game I dont see the pack anywhere and I dont have anything knew unlocked. Has anyone else had this problem, or know what I should do?

Does anyone else get a message saying that the sticker shop is closed?

You should only be receiving the message in-between matches with 10(?) seconds left before the next round. Outside of that it may be server issues?

So I got the strategy guide from primagames and there was a code in it for a sticker pack, I entered the code on xbox.com and it said I unlocked a sticker pack but when I go into the game I dont see the pack anywhere and I dont have anything knew unlocked. Has anyone else had this problem, or know what I should do?

Have you checked the Sticker Shop?

Finally got in a match of Gnome Bomb. Very fun, but extremely chaotic!

I also had one disconnect last night in GnG after a few rounds. However. that might be my wifi router that has decided it is getting ready to die.

ObiDin

Does anyone else get a message saying that the sticker shop is closed?

Yeah, I got that yesterday. Logged back on later and it was fine.

Gnome bomb definitely has a tension to it and a back and forth struggle that the other modes lack. I like it, but I always end up back in team vanquish or g&g to end the night on a more relaxing note.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hate to ask, and not meaning anything here but is there any word on when this is hitting the PS4? It is a timed exclusive yeah?

If you REALLY hate to ask, then don't! The question of PS4 or PC gets asked every page or so! So it's easy to find with a bit of searching ;-)

Like most exclusives, temp or otherwise, they're not going to blab about ports while still working on the game on it's original places of release. Content updates, patches, and getting the servers working on XB1/ 360 is the primary focus right now, and the unspecified release time for PC seems to be secondary. Anything beyond that probably won't be mentioned for a while.

dorkimoe

Just got an Xbox one today with this game because everyone in here says this game is Great

Anyone wanna show me the ropes feel free to add me, will party chat etc etc

Xbl name is dorkimoe

The welder isn't that good, the shots don't do as much damage and you lose your enemy in the fire... I'll be sticking with the plumber, he's awesome.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The welder isn't that good, the shots don't do as much damage and you lose your enemy in the fire... I'll be sticking with the plumber, he's awesome.
Just have to say... don't agree with this at all! Even With all the Engineer classes unlocked, he's one of my favorites. AoE Fire is great for doing tick-damage to every enemy around him, and it lands you extra kills, even better than the electrician in my experience. His blast also shoots very far; You can pelt from distance much better than the Painter. Plumber, or regular Engineer.

And random "The Chemist is incredibly awesome" message here. He basically has NO range at all on his gun, but it does spread melee-range shots and hits for 40 damage. He and Marine Biologist are kinda close, and Biologist shoots faster still, but spread fire on Chemist is very powerful when used right.

Mookow

Just have to say... don't agree with this at all! Even With all the Engineer classes unlocked, he's one of my favorites. AoE Fire is great for doing tick-damage to every enemy around him, and it lands you extra kills, even better than the electrician in my experience. His blast also shoots very far; You can pelt from distance much better than the Painter. Plumber, or regular Engineer.

And random "The Chemist is incredibly awesome" message here. He basically has NO range at all on his gun, but it does spread melee-range shots and hits for 40 damage. He and Marine Biologist are kinda close, and Biologist shoots faster still, but spread fire on Chemist is very powerful when used right.

I noticed plumber splash is WAY down to add the DOT, so it's not really the play style I'm used to with engineer. I'll try him more later and see if he grows on me. I think All-Star is next, but I HATE playing as him.

Forsythia

I'm getting annoyed at some of the challenges and the lack of skip challenge cards in the packs. And the only time I make a decent amount of coins in a game is during G&G as the zombies. I wish they had double coin weekends or something like that.

MoonGred

I'm getting annoyed at some of the challenges and the lack of skip challenge cards in the packs. And the only time I make a decent amount of coins in a game is during G&G as the zombies. I wish they had double coin weekends or something like that.

Weird that so many people are not getting skip cards. I'd probably get one every sticker pack (20k).

Just unlocked the physicist, not for me. As much fun as the astronaut has been this is so much closer to the Scientist which is way too squishy for close range IMO.

Top Bottom