• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

dorkimoe

Ok staying connected to a game on Xbox one is impossible. I get kicked off all the time. Thought it might be my connection but see someone else having the issue. Wtf

REV 09

Picked this up earlier today and I'm really enjoying it. I got Titanfall, but it just wasn't that interesting to me; I think I like this better actually.

Just have to say... don't agree with this at all! Even With all the Engineer classes unlocked, he's one of my favorites. AoE Fire is great for doing tick-damage to every enemy around him, and it lands you extra kills, even better than the electrician in my experience. His blast also shoots very far; You can pelt from distance much better than the Painter. Plumber, or regular Engineer.

I tried the welder again after reading this thinking I didn't give him a chance... Same deal, I find it takes much longer to get the kill, went back to plumber and it's so much better.
my strategy is to simply fly in with the jackhammer and jump around the enemy as I unload, the plumber seems best when doing this.

my plant of choice is standard cactus, find a good busy corridor and go to town from a distance... Just went 44 and 16 in my last game, every team needs a cactus to take out teleporters too

WiCkEd_Co

Every time I get killed by the future cactus I think of the guy when it shows who killed me.

535-3.jpg
'

This has probably been brought up a ton in the thread already, but I was just wondering if there is a consistent way to get on the same team when playing with a party? I can get in the same game easily it just always puts us on separate teams. I know you can switch teams at the character select screen, but most of the time both teams are full so it won't let you.

Axoman

This has probably been brought up a ton in the thread already, but I was just wondering if there is a consistent way to get on the same team when playing with a party? I can get in the same game easily it just always puts us on separate teams. I know you can switch teams at the character select screen, but most of the time both teams are full so it won't let you.

I can't answer for PvZ specifically, as I'm the only one of my friends who has the game, but if it's like BF4, you may not all get put on the same team right away, but after the round is over, if there is room, it should automatically put you on the same team.

Mindlog

Gnome Bomb is fun but impossible if you don't use a character that can warp/run faster.

Also I want that TV mask for the engineer.
Pretty easy to rack up points with corn strikes though.

I find there are a lot of zombie parents I enjoy using in G&G, but only a few plants. However, G&G is stuck on Wal-Nut Hills. I guess they still haven't figured out the crash bugs yet. ETA? :\

Pretty easy to rack up points with corn strikes though.

I find there are a lot of zombie parents I enjoy using in G&G, but only a few plants. However, G&G is stuck on Wal-Nut Hills. I guess they still haven't figured out the crash bugs yet. ETA? :\

Really? I was playing last night and got a number of different maps.

JLck

So, how should I try to get into this?

I tried to play some classic modes last night but got into a game of 2v2 only rather than play normal modes against people with a load of upgrades.

Welcome Mat seemed silly.. I don't like the thought of people getting extra health for being rubbish.

I always pick the engineer and use the jack hammer during that part, works most of the time, well if there's no freeze plant or gooper

I usually just clear the path for my team from near the foot bridge when I'm playing as the Plumber :p

So, how should I try to get into this?

Soldier/Engineer for zombies and Pea/Cactus for plants are solid starting choices. Keep your distance if you're worried about upgrades. Once you feel comfortable with the game you won't be too concerned with them.

Mindlog

Really? I was playing last night and got a number of different maps.
Might just be a 360 thing then, but it's completely broken. Found a topic on it at their 'forums.' EA/Popcap really forgot about the whole communication aspect of ME3 MP that was so important. A Facebook page doesn't cut it.

On the bright side I've seen a few more maps where plants make a successful last stand at the mansion. There should be a huge credit bonus for doing that.

Energy Warp is neat for that single purpose, but overall I prefer regular warp. The scientist (especially chemist) is brutal in close combat.

C-Jo

Found a topic on it at their 'forums.' EA/Popcap really forgot about the whole communication aspect of ME3 MP that was so important. A Facebook page doesn't cut it.

Our Creative Director has been pretty active on Twitter regarding server issues and the like: https://twitter.com/JA_Wiebe

If you have questions about the game itself (weapons, balance, etc.), please ask me! I'm always on GAF, or you can send me a message on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cjopant

Looks amazing , would love to see it succeed as a game that launches with multiple AAA titles

Our Creative Director has been pretty active on Twitter regarding server issues and the like: https://twitter.com/JA_Wiebe

If you have questions about the game itself (weapons, balance, etc.), please ask me! I'm always on GAF, or you can send me a message on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cjopant

Is there any plans for a proper lobby system so it's easier for friends to party up and play on the same team? The current system gets you in the same game easy enough but most of the time you're on different teams and as far as I can tell there's no way to switch teams while waiting in the post game lobby. I know you can switch by hitting RB on the character select screen but most games I've been in stay full the entire time so you can't switch.

Mindlog

That's better. Lots of good info in there.
Maps are all back on. X360 is now back to normal. It was a rough week! We really appreciate everyones support and patience.

The new scoring tuning will be in the next major update. Still in testing phase.
Can't wait to try it out.

C-Jo

Is there any plans for a proper lobby system so it's easier for friends to party up and play on the same team?

That's something we're currently looking into. We agree that the current implementation is less than ideal. There's nothing to announce at this time, though.

Mindlog

Don't believe I'll be able to tune in for that, but very nice!
If anyone is around ask if we'll ever see ME style Inforgraphics. There are a lot of interesting stats I'd like to hear. Stat #1 of course is how often Plants successfully make a last stand at Dave's Mansion.

If you're going to introduce new abilities like the scientists energy ball thing you gotta think of the consequences... You cant stop it at crazy daves mansion, soon we will see zombie teams all change into scientists just for that bit.

I know its beer impossible to defend the mansion anyway, but now its even harder

If you're going to introduce new abilities like the scientists energy ball thing you gotta think of the consequences... You cant stop it at crazy daves mansion, soon we will see zombie teams all change into scientists just for that bit.

I know its beer impossible to defend the mansion anyway, but now its even harder

Tom Cruise gets drunk on the job... *record scratch* when trying to steal the Hope diamond? This summer, Tom Cruise is BEER IMPOSSIBLE.

A real lobby is desperately needed. I hate having to start a Garden Ops up, try to switch it to public before anyone joins, then invite my friends, and then back out to the main menu and start an mp match and hope everyone is able to join.

I asked about a possibility of double coin weekend in the future and now they are taking it in consideration :) yay

This would be awesome. Coming from someone who loves the game (but doesn't have a lot of time to play) it's kinda frustrating to play with folks who have way cooler characters abilities than me.

I understand I can play the classic modes, but I still wanna use the few (namely ONE) special character I do have. :D

MechDX

Anyone else still having connection issues? I tried playing last night and after a couple games I kept losing connection. Only seems to happen in Garden Ops as well.

Love the game but it is infuriating.

Mindlog

I haven't had any special connection issues. Are you hosting the Garden Ops matches? The lack of host migration is an issue.

My latest minor problem is with the packs. I haven't unlocked a new ability or upgrade in a whole bunch of 20k packs. I really want the Chemist damage upgrade and Mega Heal Bomb, but they just aren't showing up.

Still, playing Main Street and Driftwood Shores again is pretty great.

Anyone else still having connection issues? I tried playing last night and after a couple games I kept losing connection. Only seems to happen in Garden Ops as well.

Sometimes. With the Peashooter specifically, his hyper feels like it has connection issues of its own, on top of the actual server issues lol.

That being said, most of my games haven't had connection issues, but the jankiness of the Peashooter's hyper is really a problem.

Mindlog

The moment I mention something :]
One Zombie Pack got me Heal Bomb and the next had the Chemist upgrade I really wanted.

I found a very cheap tactic on Driftwood Shores. Wonder how hard it would be to move certain assets because it's probably game breaking and I like that map.

ObiDin

This would be awesome. Coming from someone who loves the game (but doesn't have a lot of time to play) it's kinda frustrating to play with folks who have way cooler characters abilities than me.

I understand I can play the classic modes, but I still wanna use the few (namely ONE) special character I do have. :D

This can be annoying, I played G&G last night and one side had several scientists just teleporting ahead to the next garden and capturing it extremely fast. I think that game was over in 5 minutes while most G&G take around 10-15.

Also, dolphin blaster + teleport is 2 hit death. I think I get killed by this combo more than anything else.

Shylock

I just got the game last night on xbox one -- love the game and had a good time, but had several disconnects during matches. Same as others I've read, I don't have these issues with TF or other online games. Very frustrating when I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

GT is Mzoga if anyone needs someone to invite/party up with.

I just got the game last night on xbox one -- love the game and had a good time, but had several disconnects during matches. Same as others I've read, I don't have these issues with TF or other online games. Very frustrating when I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

GT is Mzoga if anyone needs someone to invite/party up with.

I just added you. Let me know if you want to play later.

My gamertag is Beams of chaos if anyone wants to add me for some fun. I just picked up an xbox one and don't have any friends yet so it would be nice to add some. I'll probably be online in a hour or more. I'll log in around 11pm PST to maybe 2am, depending on when I finish my work.

MechDX

Tonight was just a nightmare! I cant even join a single Garden Ops game! I find server, connect but then just get dropped. Graveyards and Gardens works fine but not Garden Ops.

Played for nearly 8 hours tonight on 360, had one dropped game all night, which was nice. Very close to 1000G on this game already, which for me is a record - it's just so much fun!

If anyone on 360 wants to team up at some point and do Garden Ops Hard or Crazy, that'd be awesome - they're the only two achievements I need help on. My GT is LithiumSpade, just let me know why you're adding me if you do!

Nori Chan

Tonight was just a nightmare! I cant even join a single Garden Ops game! I find server, connect but then just get dropped. Graveyards and Gardens works fine but not Garden Ops.
Garden ops is always shit for connections.

I also voted for the octopus pea shooter.

C-Jo

Garden Ops is peer-to-peer, so if you're having trouble joining games, I'd recommend hosting your own and letting others join you.

Top Bottom