• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Goon Boon

Banned
Didn't see this anywhere, but coin prices :

XWj3bZa.png

From http://help.ea.com/en/article/pvz-garden-warfare-coins-purchasing/

I have a $1-something on my account that's going to expire (if it didn't already, I don't even remember). If it's still there, might as well use it on this. Certainly can't use it on anything else.

Nori Chan

I'd gladly pay 10 bucks if it means supporting pop cap supporting this game. I always love playing this game and if me paying means supporting free dlc then I'm all for it.

My wife and I are each going to drop $10 on packs once this comes out, the game is fantastic and Pop Cap deserves all the money they can get.

Impossiburu

Neo Member
Grabbed a quote from Producer Brian Lindley about the decision to bring on the microtransactions.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/0...fare-microtransactions-explained-by-producer/

“Since the launch of the game two months ago, we’ve continued to balance the economy and provide a steady stream of coins and rewards through regular gameplay. We’ve also listened to the feedback from players through our social channels and other ways. We believe the game and our players are ready to have the option to buy coins, but also ensuring that all content and coins can be earned through regular gameplay.”

Camjo-Z

The weirdest glitch just happened, I was on the Zombie team but somehow there was a Peashooter with us. He dropped out before he could join the fray though... would have been interesting to see a Chili Bomb Battle Royale™.

MechDX

The weirdest glitch just happened, I was on the Zombie team but somehow there was a Peashooter with us. He dropped out before he could join the fray though... would have been interesting to see a Chili Bomb Battle Royale™.

Someone said its a random glitch that will happen when someone changes teams in mid round.

Goon Boon

Banned
Ok, originally the Origin Digital Deluxe bonus was 50k coins.

Then a few weeks ago they changed it to 80k.

Now its 150k?

It's cool that they're giving more coins, but it's a bit weird that they changed it so randomly. I'm guessing that they didn't have the microtransaction coin amounts set in stone till they announced.

Yaari

This game is really fun. If it wasn't for the complaints about microtransactions, I would have never even tried it. I found out how many people prefer this over Titanfall and I now share those thoughts as well.

I doubt I'd even boot up Titanfall anymore, then again I was not much of a fan of it to begin with, I wonder why I even bought it to be honest.

MechDX

I'm glad the community is still active. this game deserves all the love it gets.

I just wish people would play their roles correctly. Don't need an entire professor's running around trying to shotgun people, engineers who just run right by the teleporters to get kills and assault zombies who just want to be "elite sniperz!!1!"

And I still fell zombies way overpower the plants in head to head.

Camjo-Z

I just wish people would play their roles correctly. Don't need an entire professor's running around trying to shotgun people, engineers who just run right by the teleporters to get kills and assault zombies who just want to be "elite sniperz!!1!"

And I still fell zombies way overpower the plants in head to head.

Foot Soldiers are pretty much supposed to be snipers though. That's why they have rocket jumps to get to high places and ridiculous range with their assault rifle.

Maybe it's just bad luck but what the hell is going on with players on my team in Garden & Graveyards over the last few days. Everytime I join a game the majority of players on my team don't do anything, especially on the zombie side, they don't try and capture the garden at all, just stand around doing nothing. I usually finish in the top two or three of my team dry to actually trying to capture or defend the garden, it's strange.

Has not been like this previously.

Lima

Because you don't get kicked and earn some easy coins. This has been going on since launch. Has gotten worse lately though.

Maybe it's just bad luck but what the hell is going on with players on my team in Garden & Graveyards over the last few days. Everytime I join a game the majority of players on my team don't do anything, especially on the zombie side, they don't try and capture the garden at all, just stand around doing nothing. I usually finish in the top two or three of my team dry to actually trying to capture or defend the garden, it's strange.

Has not been like this previously.

I actually noticed this for the first time in a match I was playing earlier today and it was on the zombie side. A bunch of soldiers were just putzing around behind the teleporter instead of advancing. Even had an all-star put up a bunch of the cardboard shields around the teleport spot so no one else could go through unless you destroyed them. That pissed me off. If you don't want to play, fine, but don't try and screw over your team.

Does anyone know if the PC version has split screen. I read their reasoning on why it wasn't a possibility on 360 (not powerful enough) so if it's not on PC I wonder what their excuse is.

Does anyone know if the PC version has split screen. I read their reasoning on why it wasn't a possibility on 360 (not powerful enough) so if it's not on PC I wonder what their excuse is.

I'm guessing their excuse, if any, would be "or data says that almost no PC gamers play local multiplayer" or something along those lines.

In other news I've been playing a lot this weekend and the game is (still) really awesome. Probably my most played multiplayer game since BF3.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just a heads up that this game on XBox One (digital download) is on sale for $30 (25% off) this week only!

I think I'm gonna move from physical to digital. Play this game too much and should probably keep the disc tray clear for something else.

Anyone else get a glitch where their rank resets temporarily? It started happening yesterday when I'll enter a game and during character selection I'll be rank 1, with everything I unlocked locked. I then exit to the main menu and my rank is back to normal. Going to the sticker shop fixes it but then it happened again this morning (visiting sticker shop fixed it again).

Top Bottom