• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

i think the online community is still good.. some games are not full but you still have fun each game. I really enjoy this game. I bought it when it came out and i do not regret it!.

Strider

I picked this up earlier tonight for the Xbox One. I've been meaning to get it ever since I got the One earlier this month but I just didn't get around to it until now. So are any of you still actively playing this?

I figured I'd just grab it on the Xbox One instead of waiting for the PC version because I thought the XB1 would have a larger player base. If they are removing game modes due to inactivity from a game like Titanfall then I don't have much hope this will do well on PC. Too many people hate Origin I guess.

I picked this up earlier tonight for the Xbox One. I've been meaning to get it ever since I got the One earlier this month but I just didn't get around to it until now. So are any of you still actively playing this?

I figured I'd just grab it on the Xbox One instead of waiting for the PC version because I thought the XB1 would have a larger player base. If they are removing game modes due to inactivity from a game like Titanfall then I don't have much hope this will do well on PC. Too many people hate Origin I guess.

It's always sitting around 6-8 on the top X1 games being played, so yeah it's healthy on the X1.

WiCkEd_Co

Some players have ruined this game, standing around knowing they will get coins anyway, whatever happened to fun

I hate when zombies are on the last stage on garden and graveyards and not help because they want to stay back where the camera would show them when win. One game I was playing had 5 guys all lined up waiting for us to win and of course we didn't because our team was basically down 5 guys.

I hate when zombies are on the last stage on garden and graveyards and not help because they want to stay back where the camera would show them when win. One game I was playing had 5 guys all lined up waiting for us to win and of course we didn't because our team was basically down 5 guys.

It's the only way to truly win.

statham

Just hit level 50, and played someone at level 163, wtf, how is that possible?

edit: they need to slightly increase the Zombie militant speed. The Peashooter bean, you can't get away from even if you see it quickly, and as the football player your screwed.

MechDX

Just hit level 50, and played someone at level 163, wtf, how is that possible?

edit: they need to slightly increase the Zombie militant speed. The Peashooter bean, you can't get away from even if you see it quickly, and as the football player your screwed.

Nope. If anything they need to nerf the entire zombie team a tad.

klodeckel

Banned
I LOVE this game!

FRHRnOp.jpg

So far, GotY for me :)

JP

I love PopCap games but this hasn't really interested me at all, luckily as a PS4 owner I've been able to completely ignore it but now I've started reading through reviews and watching videos of people playing it. :(

I love PopCap games but this hasn't really interested me at all, luckily as a PS4 owner I've been able to completely ignore it but now I've started reading through reviews and watching videos of people playing it. :(

You should give it a try . for me its the best game on Xbone

If they need to change anything, I think they need to make the area in which zombies acquire a graveyard a little smaller at certain points on certain maps.

The one the sticks out the most to me is, as a plant, when zombies hide behind the wall at the second garden on the Chuke (I think? - if not, I'm sure anyone who's played knows what I'm talking about) map. It's pretty annoying.

Goon Boon

Banned
PC Version seems to be mostly fine, but it needs these really simple fixes : push to talk mic (it's always on right now), ping on the scoreboard, and text chat. Really surprised they're missing these after the "this is a real PC version not a port" talk.

Still really happy to finally be able to play it.

Nethaniah

PC Version seems to be mostly fine, but it needs these really simple fixes : push to talk mic (it's always on right now), ping on the scoreboard, and text chat. Really surprised they're missing these after the "this is a real PC version not a port" talk.

Still really happy to finally be able to play it.

Text chat is a shame, figured EA would have gotten the critisism about it in Mass Effect (where it was actually promised).

-MD-

Got MVP 2 of my 3 practice rounds online earlier, game is super fun and I've only tried like 3 classes so far.

I'd dive in some more but I'm waiting for my friend to get back to his computer so we can play together. Hopefully they add a push to talk option asap and let use type in-game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah I think everyone can agree push-to-talk and text chat would be great. It's such a feelgood game and takes teamwork so why no communication? It's weird.

Butttt it's also super fun even without those. I think I'm going to be going bonkers with this and BF4.

turcy

jumped in last night after pre-ordering, relieved to see the game runs super smooth and matchmaking isn't terrible.

i have no clue what i'm doing but i'm sure i'll figure it out soon enough ;)

pacman85

glad to see EA finally released this on PC. Hopefully it will spark some more discussion in this thread about the game. I am loving it (day one buyer on XB1) and it is still my most played game to this day on the system.

Nethaniah

Anyone here tried running this with a Eyefinity / Surround setup? Think i might switch from my 120hz screen just to try it out.

Game runs Frostbite 3 (and BF4 worked great) but given that NFS:Rivals failed pretty hard with multi-monitor gives me doubt it's a standard engine feature.

Edit: Just tried it quickly and it's playable.

Hud objects like lifebar / abilities are pushed to the left and right screens but look completely fine.

Biggest issue i see is stuff like ''press e to put plant here'' icons and the circle bar for reviving or putting down a garden are almost impossible to see or don't show up at all i reckon it also make one issue even worse and that's it's sometimes (for me anyway) impossible to see where other people are, otherwise perfectly playable.

The Cowboy

YAY, EA came through and added my free PC copy as agreed (offered me any game for free last month), love it so far. The game runs really well and seems very well optimised (running it at full ultra settings on my GTX480 @ a solid 60fps), and the gameplay is really tight (much better than i ever hoped) - the wait has been long, but so worth it :D.

Edit.
Info for fellow PC players: It seems (at least for me) that having Origin in game enabled breaks the game, having it enabled made it so the game just wouldn't load up correctly and made it freeze at the starting screen (it did this no matter what settings i changed, like supported games only etc) - if your game sticks at the main loading screen for a long time, try unticking the Origin in game option in application settings.

Nethaniah

Edit.
Info for fellow PC players: It seems (at least for me) that having Origin in game enabled breaks the game, having it enabled made it so the game just wouldn't load up correctly and made it freeze at the starting screen (it did this no matter what settings i changed, like supported games only etc) - if your game sticks at the main loading screen for a long time, try unticking the Origin in game option in application settings.

I got stuck there as well when i had afterburner running, i think it doesn't like overlays.

Dice

I got stuck there as well when i had afterburner running, i think it doesn't like overlays.
I know running FRAPS makes Mass Effect 3 shut down within 10 seconds. I think they don't want you capturing their games.

Nethaniah

Hmm, so i got into a couple matches, completed a few but sometimes it just drops me out saying i've lost connection, anyone else have this issue?

This also happens at times when i've just joined lobbies.

Dice

Hmm, so i got into a couple matches, completed a few but sometimes it just drops me out saying i've lost connection, anyone else have this issue?

This also happens when i've just joined lobbies.
I'm pretty sure that's its polite way of telling you that they kicked your ass out. If you have any kind of mic plugged in, unplug it. It is always-on with the mics for some dumb reason.

Nethaniah

I'm pretty sure that's its polite way of telling you that they kicked your ass out. If you have any kind of mic plugged in, unplug it. It is always-on with the mics for some dumb reason.

I don't think i was kicked out of matches but i guess anything is possible, certainly had my fair share of kicks in ME3 for no reason.

I don't have a mic at all so i'm lucky there, also, i think it's strange that there are gestures for ''follow'' and stuff and yet no text-chat, gestures are way too random during the heat of battle.

Edit: the lost connections could be cause i'm from europe, let's hope so.

Dice

Maybe. I just know that I "lost connection" within 5-20 seconds of the lobby/match like 8 times till I realized it was broadcasting my mic (which was right next to a box fan) and when I unplugged it I played several matches with no issues at all.

This also happens at times when i've just joined lobbies.

I just got back into playing PvZ: GW yesterday and had the same problem a few times. I found it pretty strange because it never happened before after playing almost everyday for months on end.

CoLaN

I bought the game on PC, loving the art style and animations and its pretty fun, BUT they really have to patch in text chat.

No text chat in a multiplayer game is unacceptable.

CoLaN

I cant find any option for split screen on PC.

The game is extremely fun and addicting; i am enjoying it a lot more than most of the recent multiplayer games.

Top Bottom