• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

JLck

Not sure whether to buy this or Donkey Kong TF. I feel like due to online community, this game needs to be brought soon or will forever feel like a waste.

Hmm..

None of my friends will but it, you know, cause its Plants vs Zombies and they're ignorant of what it actually is.

Download it now. You can start playing at 25% downloaded, but you can only hope in a practice arena and play the different plant classes as far as I could see.

The game looks gorgeous. Very vibrant colors, great draw distance and the animations and effects feel solid.

Also holy fuck the map is HUGE. If all of the maps are this big, then my oh my I feel pleasantly surprised. Putting the Frostbite engine to good use it seems.

Need to go to bed unfortunately but I will definitely be playing this tomorrow night.

When the download hits 30% you can fire up the game and tool around in a little testing area while the rest of the game downloads, basically lets you check out the 4 Plant classes. The game looks really nice, and the controls feel really tight which I wasn't sure if they would be based on just watching gameplay videos. About 45% downloaded right now.

Edit: ^Beaten to the punch it seems :D

Mdk7

Will be online later on, Mdk7 is my gamertag.
Glad to see the game is solid, it seemed so to me as while (i played a few matches, but everytime with very little people online).

woodland

This game looks great ;D If I were home I'd totally get it for my 360. Looks like the first colorful, interesting FPS in ages. Hopefully Chroma and H2A will bring some life and diversity back to the scene.

Looking forward to off line multiplayer thoughts on the Xbone.

Wasn't impressed with what I had seen but it is looking a nice looking game.

G_Berry

Banned
Not sure, it certainly could be!

All good man:

Please note: As a result of the changes to the Party App in this initial update, party chat, party matchmaking, and party invites will NOT be compatible between Xbox One consoles that are previewing this update and those that are not. Once this one-week preview of the update is completed and the update is released to the general public, party features should work normally between all Xbox One players. Non-party multiplayer and chat are not affected by this, meaning you will still be able matchmake, chat, and play with all Xbox Live players regardless of update status inside of game titles.

IGN docking 2 points for not enough split screen options is assinine in an online only game

guess we can expect that for Titan Falll as well-haha

Sadly, split-screen is limited to a pared-down Garden Ops mode that's only playable offline, and player two can't earn coins or achievements. While it is nice that some sort of concession was made to even allow split-screen in the first place, it's a shame that the second player can't earn their own rewards or play online in general.

From the destructoid review. Man that's a real bummer to hear.. :(

That really sucks. :( oh well. I really do hope they patch it some time down the line.

It really does. Was hoping to use this game as a reason to pick up another controller. I'll wait on user impressions on how Garden Ops co-op works to see that if even impaired it might be worth considering. Otherwise I might have to wait on this game for a bit (or see if the PS4/PC versions fair better)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
God is a Geek: 8/10
Destructoid: 8/10
EGM: 8/10

Honestly thought more people would be interested in this game. Reviews are ok so far, it does seem solid.

review embargo until release date along with blanket Titanfall coverage means it'll be completely overshadowed unfortunately. I don't really know why EA went exclusive with MS on both titles in the same window - Titanfall for MS and PvZ for Sony would have given them more marketing coverage overall.

Any word on when/if we will see a 360 games on demand release?

I would like to play on Xbox one but its a multiplayer game and all my friends are still on 360.

Caayn

What's wrong with the co-op mode? Or do you guys mean splitscreen?

Edit: nvm just saw the destructoid review.

Any word on when/if we will see a 360 games on demand release?

I would like to play on Xbox one but its a multiplayer game and all my friends are still on 360.

Its up
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-Warfare/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454109c9

:eek:
2.43GB

I should have downloaded

What's wrong with the co-op mode? Or do you guys mean splitscreen?

Sadly, split-screen is limited to a pared-down Garden Ops mode that's only playable offline, and player two can't earn coins or achievements. While it is nice that some sort of concession was made to even allow split-screen in the first place, it's a shame that the second player can't earn their own rewards or play online in general.

Dazzyman

Thanks for the heads up on split screen. Me and the wife would have been pissed forking out for stripped shit. Back to COD on xbone then doh. What a fucking waste of split screen.

Caayn

For some reason this reminds me of Battlefield... The sticker packs are just as addictive as the ME3 packs were. And every plant/zombie feels unique. Loving it so far, only downside is the (currently) low population.

nampad

From the destructoid review. Man that's a real bummer to hear.. :(

So no reason to be sad that it is Xbone exclusive. This is a game where I online splitscreen should have been emphasized. Looks like a shooter you can finally play with your kids.

review embargo until release date along with blanket Titanfall coverage means it'll be completely overshadowed unfortunately. I don't really know why EA went exclusive with MS on both titles in the same window - Titanfall for MS and PvZ for Sony would have given them more marketing coverage overall.

Their partnership really does seem unprecedented, especially considering Sony was close to EA in the last generation with some small deals.
The release dates should have been spread a little bit more and one of the games could have gotten more polish.

Hm.. gonna read some impressions on here first before I decide to buy or not. It looks nice though, and I wouldn't mind playing something on my Xbox One before Titanfall takes over.

Top Bottom