• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

So the game on Xbox 360 (maybe PC as well?) is online ONLY, even for Garden Ops which can be played solo. You can't even access the games options on the Xbox 360 version without being online.

So here is a video of the manual and credits...yay?

Looks like EA has filed a copyright claim on my video. A video that only shows the manual, partial credits and the main menu mind you. Plenty of other videos show similar content.

I guess they didn't like that fact that I revealed / confirmed that you can't play on offline whatsoever on the Xbox 360 version.

Meier

I'd really like to play this but I just don't ever touch my 360 any more. Maybe once I go ahead and build a new machine I'll go ahead and try and give it a go. My current PC is so far removed from current games that I can't imagine it running it effectively. I voted this as the Game of Show at E3 for at least 1 platform -- it looked GREAT to me.

Looks like EA has filed a copyright claim on my video. A video that only shows the manual, partial credits and the main menu mind you. Plenty of other videos show similar content.

I guess they didn't like that fact that I revealed / confirmed that you can't play on offline whatsoever on the Xbox 360 version.

I thinks it's been well known for months now it's an online only game on the 360.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That "Always on DRM" doesn't sound too surprising for a game that apparently lets you earn credits for items and stuff even in the offline mode. Else we'd possibly have the dreaded offline account "hacking" that created things like the "Nol" virus in PSO, or any other amount of value-modifiying nightmares that arise in such games.

Annoying, sure, but I prefer it to having offline not count for your unified profile.

Can the second gamertag earn credits offline as well, or is 2P mysteriously "tied to the 1p profile" as it is in many splitscreen games / modern fighters?

derFeef

Getting this on Friday me thinks, hope online is populated on the One.
Mainly focusing on coop but if GnG turns out good who knows for sure.

So no PC version and no PS4 version?

No, Microsoft, Peggle 2 and PvZ: Garden Warfare are still not enough to get me to buy a xbone.

Mdk7

Finally some people online to play with!
I had a couple of good matches in the last few minutes, the game is definitely fun and i can't wait to try Gardens and Tombstones tomorrow.

Xbox One really needs a pre-load option so we can get our digital games downloaded before the actual release date. Looking forward to playing this tomorrow if the reviews are good.
Well given the Titanfall store page before MS took it down, they've developed the feature, but at least for now they are holding off actually introducing it (I assume it's retail complaints/demands).

Anion

Dang, so my preorder got delayed from ToyRUs. Did anyone elses preoder get delayed? Usually I preorder from Best Buy, but this time I got it from ToyRUs since I had a gift card.

Looks like it turned out to be a fun, solid, little shooter. Can't wait for the download to finish, hopefully there are enough people playing for me to get in a game or two before bed.

Murmur

You can find it online if you view a friend's activity.

For example, I'm following Jeff from Giant Bomb (gamertag GiantBombing). I can compare achievements. From there I can click "Play game", which takes you to the store page.

... downloading now!

Top Bottom