• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm surprised Vanquish hasn't had more votes, (it got mine) I guess Bayonetta steals most of the votes from ppl who played Vanquish (while alot of P* newcomers started with MGR) but while Bayo oozes polish it is rather similar to others in it's genre.

Vanquish on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, the idea of a fast paced arcade cover shooter feels at total odds when everybody else at the time was doing boring stop and pop. Got me into console shooters, before Vanquish I was a strictly M&K guy only.

I would love a rerelease with more Challenges and 60FPS, maybe a new game +

Tenki

I'd buy one of these t-shirts in a hearbeat :D

0ns4nj9.jpg

OjQ4E0x.jpg

~♥moe♥~

1368326679375.gif

batbeg

Did I cheat by voting for W101 because it's the only one I've played? Well, and the demo for Bayonetta.

If Clover counted I'd vote for Viewtiful Joe though. My love of that title made me but W101.

Akiller

Yep. Although having heard the comparison before, I expected it would turn even crazier by the endgame.
I considered the W101 would travel in time and get to fight the Greater Galactic Coalition in a massive spaceship battle. Really hope we get a W101 2 and they do some of that.

Also, Unite Drill!

Heh. Admittedly, TTGL does that to pretty much any anime. :D

... now I want a TTGL P* game. :/

8yXGn.png

Ushiwaka

My E3 2014 dream is 2 new games from Platinum. I don't care if it sounds unlikely, I JUST WANT NEW P* GAMES!
Okami 2 and DMC5 by PG please.
No seriously, I'm dying to see their new games :(

LeleSocho

Banned
I think a TTGL game by Platinum would make me die, resurrect then die again and then resurrect again with a bank account of a billionaire only to fund the game three time, buy all the copies and distribute them to all the people for free.

Vanquish is more consistent and has nearly perfect mechanics but I had to choose the Wonderful 101 for the sheer amount of wonderful craziness it spits out every few minutes over such a lengthy playtime. Every single time I thought that the bosses couldn't get any more absurd or fun the game pulled another fast one. Incredible game that I hope more people play in the coming years.

Riki

My E3 2014 dream is 2 new games from Platinum. I don't care if it sounds unlikely, I JUST WANT NEW P* GAMES!
Okami 2 and DMC5 by PG please.
No seriously, I'm dying to see their new games :(

Well, we'll get Bayo 2 stuff for sure. But I doubt they have another game ready to show.

Ushiwaka

I know bro, i know.

2623996-5401857767-itJXq.gif

<3 ;____;

Well, we'll get Bayo 2 stuff for sure. But I doubt they have another game ready to show.

It doesn't need to be "Ready" ;____; a 50 second trailer is enough for me ;____;
PG mentioned PS4 and X1 multiple times in their new year's message. So I think they are definitely going to announce it least one game for them in 2014. I just hope they announce it (or them :D) in this E3. Fingers crossed.

Nemmy

Yeah, just a teaser trailer would do.
Just, you know, P* and KojiPro logos, then two Dwarf Gekkos dancing, then they get sliced up a stylized number "2" flashes with lightning.
Or, an unfinished cigarette falls to the ground, you hear a BLADE system firearm assembling in the background, and Sam Gideon says "time for the next round" or something similarly cliched.

Yeah, I know, not gonna happen :(

BELIEVE

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hopefully we can get a NA Bayonetta 2 date and probably another game announcement for E3. I feel like I've been waiting forever. D:

Assuming there is an exclusive Platinum game coming to the Xbox One, what genre would Microsoft have paid for?

Character action, shooter, or something else? Kamiya is rumored to be in charge of the project, but the man is versatile.

Persona7

Banned
Assuming there is an exclusive Platinum game coming to the Xbox One, what genre would Microsoft have paid for?

Character action, shooter, or something else? Kamiya is rumored to be in charge of the project, but the man is versatile.

Imagine if Platinum made a game like Deadly Premonition.

Mystery action game with a open world that runs on a schedule.

Anteater

adventure with some simple kinect support

AniHawk

my ranking:

1. bayonetta
2. infinite space
3. vanquish
4. madworld
5. revengeance
6. the wonderful 101

i haven't played anarchy reigns

Riposte

I voted for Anarchy Reigns out of pity. It is not my favorite, but I would put it above Revengeance, which puts it below Bayonetta, Vanquish, and The Wonderful 101.

I don't believe people at Platinum worked on Infinite Space. MadWorld is kind of crappy. Odd seeing it have more votes. Maybe a Nintendo/Wii thing.

I voted for Anarchy Reigns out of pity. It is not my favorite, but I would put it above Revengeance, which puts it below Bayonetta, Vanquish, and The Wonderful 101.

I don't believe people at Platinum worked on Infinite Space. MadWorld is kind of crappy. Odd seeing it have more votes. Maybe a Nintendo/Wii thing.

Or it's a MadWorld is brilliant thing. Such a fun game.

All I can find about Platinum's work on Infinite Space is that Inaba was producer, and he half-jokingly blamed Sega undershipping copies for its low sales.

I'm just gonna vote for Vanquish even though I think Bayonetta is better objectively, and I won't be playing W101 any time soon with my WiiU currently in limbo.

I also want to admit to being a horrible person who bought Anarchy Reigns at launch and then was too busy to jump on the online train while it was still active. Someone decide a fitting punishment for me.

For a while Infinite Space had more votes than Anarchy Reigns too. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything but it was really weird to see.

Lernaean

Banned
I still think Kamiya is not the director of Project Nagano. We will soon find out if I'm wrong or not, if what Spencer said about showing Japanese games at E3 is true :)

I still think there is no project Nagano anyway, but if there is, i'm sure it's not a Kamiya game.

The rumor of an X1 exclusive P* game started simultaneously if not before W101's launch and Kamiya had already claimed he'd take a break before next project.
Besides, there are other directors working on P* that have been inactive for a while.

If you ask me, right now there is Bayo 2, surely some talk if not already a deal for MGR and maybe another title for unknown platform, maybe even X1, but not from Kamiya.
No matter what i'm sure we'll know in a month.

Ushiwaka

I still think there is no project Nagano anyway, but if there is, i'm sure it's not a Kamiya game.

The rumor of an X1 exclusive P* game started simultaneously if not before W101's launch and Kamiya had already claimed he'd take a break before next project.
Besides, there are other directors working on P* that have been inactive for a while.

Exactly. That's my point.

If you ask me, right now there is Bayo 2, surely some talk if not already a deal for MGR and maybe another title for unknown platform, maybe even X1, but not from Kamiya.
No matter what i'm sure we'll know in a month.

Kamiya is working on his new game though. so assuming Kamiya's new game is not MGR2, we have Bayo 2, possibly MGR2 and Kamiya's new game. And assuming Project Nagano is real and its not a Kamiya game, we have that too.

Nemmy

So Luka and Oinkie are voiced by the same guy? Holy shit :D

I also want to admit to being a horrible person who bought Anarchy Reigns at launch and then was too busy to jump on the online train while it was still active. Someone decide a fitting punishment for me.

I did the same goddamn thing :(

Riposte

When I say I put Anarchy Reigns over Revengeance, I'm taking solely single player, btw.

Anarchy Reign online multi has a lot of things pulling down the awesome; I'd love an improved version.

Anteater

When I say I put Anarchy Reigns over Revengeance, I'm taking solely single player, btw.

Anarchy Reign online multi has a lot of things pulling down the awesome; I'd love an improved version.

hmm i never thought of playing that game for the single player, that's actually the reason i never bought it (not really into multiplayer games), i might actually look into it now

Nemmy

I kind of agree, I can never decide between those two games. I actually liked Anarchy Reigns single player, barebones as it was. And while Revengeance had visibly more cash put into it, there's a lot of stuff in its campaign that irks me.

Mesoian

I'd buy one of these t-shirts in a hearbeat :D

0ns4nj9.jpg

1368326679375.gif

For real, I would pay 150 dollars for a combo W101 henshin device and Wonder Black Hoodie.

Hell, I'd pay a pretty good amount for a full sized W101 sew on badge for a coat or hoodie.

Top Bottom