• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ser Goje

I really want their relationship to be over. Nintendo needs to find a new way to promote Wii U. I didn't buy it for TW 101, I won't buy it for Bayonetta 2, and whatever they make next if Nintendo still wants to crush P* games.

Ok, last prediction before E3: I'm expecting a multiplatform and an X1 exclusive (trusting CBOAT on this one) from PG this E3.

u wot m8? xD

Lernaean

Banned
I really want their relationship to be over. Nintendo needs to find a new way to promote Wii U. I didn't buy it for TW 101, I won't buy it for Bayonetta 2, and whatever they make next if Nintendo still wants to crush P* games.

It's obvious you love P*.

Nemmy

The fuck did I just read?

Lernaean

Banned
Welcome back Lernaean :)

Hey :)

I love their games, but I can't afford to buy the Wii U for them. I've tried, but I really can't.

And not a single person I know owns one so I have to watch the game in twitch, which basically ruins the fun.

Ok, honest question: if let's say you own a PS4 and they announce an X1 exclusive, do you still have trouble playing that game?
Just asking cause i want to see if this is about honest inability to buy another console for 1 game in which case i understand your concerns, or if it just more of the old Nintendo hating in which case there is no reason to continue the argument.

Well, ya'll were certainly right about W101. Really sank my teeth into it finally today - I feel like an alien with amnesia who crash landed in an amusement park.

I had to take a break after an hour or so. I seem to remember having this issue with Vanquish the first time I played it too - what's asked of you is so varied with so little filler and so much shit going on that I feel like I'm not having enough time to properly learn the fundamentals. Taking a break in both cases seemed to help the basics kinda stew in my memory for a bit.

Of course, by the time I got to my second playthrough, Vanquish ended up one of my favorite games of last gen, so I have high hopes for this in the long run.

Biggest complaint so far is that I'm not the biggest fan of the parts where you have to switch screens, and the lack of camera control is occasionally irritating.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Biggest complaint so far is that I'm not the biggest fan of the parts where you have to switch screens, and the lack of camera control is occasionally irritating.

I believe if you hold the L and R buttons (or just the L button), the camera stays in place.

Ser Goje

The fuck did I just read?

I meant in sales, TW 101.

But Bayonetta 2 is pretty safe I think.

Ok, honest question: if let's say you own a PS4 and they announce an X1 exclusive, do you still have trouble playing that game?
Just asking cause i want to see if this is about honest inability to buy another console for 1 game in which case i understand your concerns, or if it just more of the old Nintendo hating in which case there is no reason to continue the argument.

Well I can't answer that qustion because I'm waiting for E3. If the P* exclusive rumor is true, I'll buy XB1 and if not I'll buy PS4.

I'll probably get Xbox One at end of 2015 if they release some good games for it.

And I have no reason to hate Nintendo. I'm actually playing Kirby's Dream Land right now.

Nostalgia high as fuck

But the Wii U I can't afford.

Lernaean

Banned

You'll get used with the lack of camera control after a while and you will indeed feel like it adds to the old-school style of the game. I ended up loving it.
The screen switching i agree. It's just a forced gimmick to prove that they designed it with gamepad in mind. Good news is that the instances where it is used are extremely rare.

wsippel

Banned
Well I can't answer that qustion because I'm waiting for E3. If the P* exclusive rumor is true, I'll buy XB1 and if not I'll buy PS4.

I'll probably get Xbox One at end of 2015 if they release some good games for it.

And I have no reason to hate Nintendo. I'm actually playing Kirby's Dream Land right now.

Nostalgia high as fuck

If you can afford a PS4 or Xbone, you can afford two refurbished Wii Us. ;-)

You'll get used with the lack of camera control after a while and you will indeed feel like it adds to the old-school style of the game. I ended up loving it.
The screen switching i agree. It's just a forced gimmick to prove that they designed it with gamepad in mind. Good news is that the instances where it is used are extremely rare.

Overall the camera isn't bothering me too much, it's a pet peeve I can live with in a good game.

The screen stuff... I dunno, I'm not a hater of the WiiU hardware concept or anything, but I am surprised they rolled with it as is considering theres no way the same stuff with a heavy controller probably in someone's lap and a TV in front of them is gonna feel or function as well as two screens in front of you on a DS. I figure it sorta leaves devs doing anything with it at a disadvantage when they are tasked with finding a use for it. I don't complain about it much because of the abundance of options most titles provide.

I bought Wonderful 101 at launch (havent gotten to play it much due to college etc) but really getting into the game, its my first Platinum game, cant wait for Bayo 2

Anyways I recently got a 360, so whats the consensus if I generally like single player or local co-op?

Really excited for tuesday

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I meant in sales, TW 101.

But Bayonetta 2 is pretty safe I think.

Nostalgia high as fuck

If you can afford a PS4 or a xbone, you can clearly afford a WiiU

For the twin screen sections, push Minus until the gamepad screen is on the TV, then hold L and R and control the camera with the right analog. They're a nightmare otherwise.
Posted from my Wii U because my PC died :(

For the twin screen sections, push Minus until the gamepad screen is on the TV, then hold L and R and control the camera with the right analog. They're a nightmare otherwise.

Minus thing I got, I didn't try fiddling with the L+R though, thanks for that.

Sorry your PC died just in time for E3 ;\

Ser Goje

Ushikawa has "politely" "asked" me to STFU or he will shoot me dead, so let's forget about this Console War crap. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a Wii U after all.

Exclusive or otherwise, I really want to see PG with full hands at this E3.

But you can stream for the E3, right? RIGHT?

Ushiwaka

Ushikawa has "politely" "asked" me to STFU or he will shoot me dead, so let's forget about this Console War crap. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a Wii U after all.

To be clear I just asked if you could keep the console war talk out of the thread. I'm in no position to tell people what to say and what not to say. It's just that this thread is so good and I don't want the PG community get angry at each other for pointless console war. That's all :(

===

Come on people! There's a possible Platinum title reveal in like 1 hour! HYPE!

Ser Goje

SCALE-FUCKING-BOUND

To be clear I just asked if you could keep the console war talk out of the thread. I'm in no position to tell people what to say and what not to say. It's just that this thread is so good and I don't want the PG community get angry at each other for pointless console war. That's all :(

I was joking brah. You don't need to take everything seriously. :p

holy shit at scalebound. i cannot wait for this game.

honestly, if sony doesnt show something nice tonight, im going to trade my ps4 in for an xbox one. sunset overdrive and scalebound will kill it.

Well, let's wait for some more than a CG trailer to be excited.
I'm also dying from the irony that is being in the same position as those that didn't want to get a Wii U (i.e. I don't want to get a XBone :D).

I'm also dying from the irony that is being in the same position as those that didn't want to get a Wii U (i.e. I don't want to get a XBone :D).

I returned my Xbone earlier this year to buy a PS4. I've barely touched it since Infamous, though since you recommended Trine 2 I'll probably give that a wiggle.

Now at least I can re-buy one without Kinect.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I'm in the same position.
CGI trailers in general don't sell me. But I imagine gameplay is going to be awesome
And I don't want an Xbone (I still don't trust MS after they tried to screw the consumers... I have trust issues in general), but I will buy the game just to support Platinum. It might just be years before I actually play it.

Xenoflare

I'd be lying if I said Scalebound did not pique my interest of getting XB1.

Too bad PS4 is not getting any love from PG.

Although I don't think XB1 is getting much Japanese developer support other than first party projects like this.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
C'mon Ninty, give Kenji Saito some work to do if Kojima didn't pulled out his cheque-book yet.

One new PlatinumGames game is not enough for this E3.

Lernaean

Banned
C'mon Ninty, give Kenji Saito some work to do if Kojima didn't pulled out his cheque-book yet.

One new PlatinumGames game is not enough for this E3.

Don't get me wrong, i think P* and Ninty look great together, but i can bet anything that Kenji Saito is working on a multiplat game, together with KojiPro, but i can't say what it is ;-)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Don't get me wrong, i think P* and Ninty look great together, but i can bet anything that Kenji Saito is working on a multiplat game, together with KojiPro, but i can't say what it is ;-)
I know you're thinking of Bomberman but don't get excited.

Ushiwaka

Well, here comes ANOTHER year of looking at screenshots, trailers and news of a PG game and wishing I had plans or the money to buy the console it is on. Well, I spent the last two years like that, so I guess I'm used to it.
And by the way, that "You'll see us on PS4 eventually" Minami interview makes sense now. He knew they were not going to show anything for PS4 in some time, so that interview was like "Okay, yeah, we'll be on PS4 someday. Who knows."

Anyway, about the game itself, to be honest, the character design and art style looked kinda...western? I don't know. The main character looks so much like DmC's Dante. Too much maybe. Guess we should wait for more info.

Tenki

I think it's the first time a Kamiya game looks so... generic? to me. Anyway I can't wait for it and I think I'll steal the Xbone of one of my friends just to play it :lol

It's a 2016 game, isn't it?

Ser Goje

Anyway, about the game itself, to be honest, the character design and art style looked kinda...western? I don't know. The main character looks so
much like DmC's Dante. Too much maybe. Guess we should wait for more info.

He looks okay I think.

Y72x9Fx.jpg

SshosYl.jpg

jwQw0TT.jpg

Just because he has white hair doesn't mean he looks like Dante. DmC or the Main series.

But clearly, Kamiya has a thing for White hair. Weird.

Nemmy

The Scalebound dude DOES look like DmC Dante indeed. I wonder if it's intentional, as a way of "showing how it's done" to NT.

Either way, I'm excited for this game. Kamiya making a game about dragons? Well at last he can make a flying level that makes sense!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
In the meanwhile Bayo 1 is included in the Bayo 2 disc with additional Nintendo costumes.

HYPE!

I'm hoping that the Wii U bayo version runs at 1080p, it'll definitely be 60fps but I am slightly hopeful that it will be 1080p.

The bonus costumes and stuff! Oh my god. I'm looking forward to fighting father rodin all over again dressed up as Samus.

Xenoflare

Well time to pack up the 360 I suppose Bayo was keeping that thing hooked up.

Me too, now I don't feel I will miss it if I get rid of my 360.

Although, will the Wii U work with DVI Monitors from a HDMI to DVI cable for display and a standard AV cable for sound? I was under the impression that the Wii U blocks all the other signals if the HDMI slot is plugged.

Top Bottom