• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
fig_costume-1.png
fig_costume-3.png
fig_costume-2.png

lupinko

If the PG rep is reading will the JP version of Bayo 2 have Bayo 1 also and will the game have dual audio as well? Since I prefer the game in English (since it originally was as are the rest of Platinum's games). I ask because I'll be getting the JP version since I live in Japan now.

Golnei

Not sure that those costumes fit Bayonetta (especially Peach...); but the Samus and Link ones might look better on Jeanne. With Gravity Suit / Goron Tunic / Daisy palette swaps, perhaps?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One thing I hope Scalebound has is a continuation of a certain Kamiya running gag.

In Devil May Cry & Bayonetta, it was "Flock off, featherface". In The Wonderful 101 it was "Buzz off, bugface". I can imagine something like that happening.

One thing I hope Scalebound has is a continuation of a certain Kamiya running gag.

In Devil May Cry & Bayonetta, it was "Flock off, featherface". In The Wonderful 101 it was "Buzz off, bugface". I can imagine something like that happening.

"Shed off, Scaleface"?

Lernaean

Banned
If the PG rep is reading will the JP version of Bayo 2 have Bayo 1 also and will the game have dual audio as well? Since I prefer the game in English (since it originally was as are the rest of Platinum's games). I ask because I'll be getting the JP version since I live in Japan now.

I'm sure English is Bayo's lead language. My Asian Bayo 1 has English as default.

Xenoflare

OG Bayo didn't have JP voice over until the the Wii U release.

Bayo never had a Japanese voiceover until the Bloody Fate.

Her Japanese voice actress is Atusko Tanaka, veteran voice actress, sounds very familiar yeah, but it lacks the campy-ness English Bayo has.

lupinko

I'm sure English is Bayo's lead language. My Asian Bayo 1 has English as default.

I used to own the JP PS3 game before selling it to Bookoff and it was only ever English. I also have the US 360 game the only reason besides Red Dead for me to rebuy my 360, but no longer!

OG Bayo didn't have JP voice over until the the Wii U release.

Bayo never had a Japanese voiceover until the Bloody Fate.

Her Japanese voice actress is Atusko Tanaka, veteran voice actress, sounds very familiar yeah, but it lacks the campy-ness English Bayo has.

These.

So we can safely assume that all Bayo2 versions will have English?

Nothing is for certain, I fear they could remove the English voiceovers for the JP release.

So it's all good for you guys, but not me. :(

Regiruler

Don't see why they would remove the english. Japanese voices would probably be made default but I highly doubt the original is removed completely.

Nemmy

So apparently US has Bayo 1 for free with 2, and EU gets screwed and needs to buy a special edition for that. Meh.

Not that I wouldn't buy a "special edition" anyway, but still.

Proven

So apparently US has Bayo 1 for free with 2, and EU gets screwed and needs to buy a special edition for that. Meh.

It's a sliding scale of shittiness.

Japan seems to get off best, US needs to get a retail copy if they want Bayo 1 and EU needs a retail copy AND special edition version.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Not seeing that "Special Edition" yet on amazon, will totally buy though. Do we know if it will include anything on top of Bayo 1?

Btw, the Treehouse demo was great. DAT FUCKING PROLOGUE BOSS.

Regarding the story I'm guessing we'll get to fight
each and every invocation Bayonetta used in the first episode. So basically she wasn't creating monsters out of her hairs but calling demons from hell and binding them with her wicked weaves.

And now something is powering them up, so Bayonetta needs to get there to retrieve Jeanne's soul AND wreck the demon's shit.

This is going to be a grand journey, can't wait.

Proven

I thought we already knew that all of Bayonetta's huge Wicked Weaves were contracted demons? When you get to a Continue? screen and select No, you get the animation of the demons collecting your soul to munch on in hell (which is also why they quickly go to grab Jeanne's soul once it's free of her body). It's part of the contract. The lore pages/books you collect throughout the game also talk about a lot.

Which also makes me wonder. Qualities of a Witch in lore are primarily their ability to contract with demons (and use their hair as a summoning medium), their ability to use Witch Time for outrageous stunts, and their invocation of various Beast Within abilities (Butterfly, Panther, Owl, Bat). What traits are traits of the Lumen Sages beyond their ability to contract angels? Are there any traits shared with Witches?

Golnei

Which also makes me wonder. Qualities of a Witch in lore are primarily their ability to contract with demons (and use their hair as a summoning medium), their ability to use Witch Time for outrageous stunts, and their invocation of various Beast Within abilities (Butterfly, Panther, Owl, Bat). What traits are traits of the Lumen Sages beyond their ability to contract angels? Are there any traits shared with Witches?

Other than Light Speed being pretty much the same thing as Witch Time, I'm not really sure...

Though both Balder and Rodin did have to shift into the Lumen robes when powering up, similar to Jeanne donning a suit of hair for her final battle with Bayonetta. Perhaps they're similar items, though I'm not sure what material the Lumen clothes would form from.

Nemmy

Not seeing that "Special Edition" yet on amazon, will totally buy though. Do we know if it will include anything on top of Bayo 1?

Btw, the Treehouse demo was great. DAT FUCKING PROLOGUE BOSS.

Regarding the story I'm guessing we'll get to fight
each and every invocation Bayonetta used in the first episode. So basically she wasn't creating monsters out of her hairs but calling demons from hell and binding them with her wicked weaves.

And now something is powering them up, so Bayonetta needs to get there to retrieve Jeanne's soul AND wreck the demon's shit.

This is going to be a grand journey, can't wait.

That's the part that worries me. I'd gladly buy a "special" or "collector's" edition, with a soundtrack, artbook or what have you, but an EU special edition being just a US normal edition (based on the current info) sucks. And kinda looks like Nintendo shooting their own foot - packaging Bayo 1 and 2 is a smart move to gain new audience among those who didn't play Bayo 1, but now suddenly in EU they don't care.

The first part of your spoiler tag was already explained in the first game, actually. I'm curious what made the demons stop obeying though. I just hope Inferno is not some endgame stuff and the trailers are not giving away too much.

Proven

Bayonetta has a mech. Treehouse stream. http://e3.nintendo.com/treehouse/
And it's over. They just showed off some later area in the game where Bayonetta is in a mech, she's not the only one around with a mech, and did a few small basic combos.
Edit:
Other than Light Speed being pretty much the same thing as Witch Time, I'm not really sure...

Though both Balder and Rodin did have to shift into the Lumen robes when powering up, similar to Jeanne donning a suit of hair for her final battle with Bayonetta. Perhaps they're similar items, though I'm not sure what material the Lumen clothes would form from.
Also, since the stream gave a much higher detailed version of the Lumen boss fight, I can see that they also use animals. Instead of a panther, he morphed into a wolf. During his double jumps and especially during his flight mode, he has feathers like a peacock.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
There is no ceiling for Platinum.

When they reach the current one they knock a hole in it and throw up a ladder.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
That's the part that worries me. I'd gladly buy a "special" or "collector's" edition, with a soundtrack, artbook or what have you, but an EU special edition being just a US normal edition (based on the current info) sucks. And kinda looks like Nintendo shooting their own foot - packaging Bayo 1 and 2 is a smart move to gain new audience among those who didn't play Bayo 1, but now suddenly in EU they don't care.
Seriously, I'm waiting to see the stuff come up properly on amazon before assessing the situation. Just see what happened on the eShop version stuff.

The first part of your spoiler tag was already explained in the first game, actually. I'm curious what made the demons stop obeying though. I just hope Inferno is not some endgame stuff and the trailers are not giving away too much.
Yeah I totally forgot about that part. As for the rest, after W101 and seeing how PG seemed to have plenty of time to develop it I'm convinced it's going to be a long ride. Though we don't know how much of that time was full-on production. But again, high hopes after W101.
Bayomecha

GOTY
And Bayomecha is going to get her own mecha.

BAYOMECHA²!

Keasar

Bayonetta has a mech. Treehouse stream. http://e3.nintendo.com/treehouse/
And it's over. They just showed off some later area in the game where Bayonetta is in a mech, she's not the only one around with a mech, and did a few small basic combos.
Edit:
Also, since the stream gave a much higher detailed version of the Lumen boss fight, I can see that they also use animals. Instead of a panther, he morphed into a wolf. During his double jumps and especially during his flight mode, he has feathers like a peacock.

Is there a clip of this? Can't find any Bayonetta related material in that link.

After W101 and possibly even moreso after Bayomecha, you guys have no idea how much I'd want Platinum to get the Mega Man X IP
I always saw Vanquish as Platinum's love letter to Mega Man X, much as MGR was their love letter to Mega Man Zero.

But yes, dear lord would I love for them to get their hands on that IP for a game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After W101 and possibly even moreso after Bayomecha, you guys have no idea how much I'd want Platinum to get the Mega Man X IP

Capcom should sell Mega Man to Nintendo (because they're certainly not doing anything with him) and Nintendo & Platinum should collaborate on a Mega Man game.

Top Bottom