• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
BtUrpVfIQAAEQKH.jpg:large

Ushiwaka

Hope we get a good gameplay footage out of that IGN thingie.

Bayonetta 2 chapter 2 gameplay is up!

Nintendo Spoiler mode on.

Yeah I'm not gonna watch anything Bayo 2 related until, well, a couple of years. cause I won't be able to buy a Wii U. Feels bad man. Feels very bad.

Ushiwaka

You being unable to experience this game on release are making me very sad. I wish it doesn't take you too long and when it does you'll be having a blast.

Thanks man :)
I had the same thing going on for TW101. I will avoid the OT, and after that the LTTP threads, to avoid becoming more heartbroken and devastated.

Hope we get a good gameplay footage out of that IGN thingie.

Yeah I'm not gonna watch anything Bayo 2 related until, well, a couple of years. cause I won't be able to buy a Wii U. Feels bad man. Feels very bad.

:(. You wouldn't happen to live in Madrid (Spain), would you? :D

Guys, about Scalebound, when PG said a western team is working with them, did they mean just MS publishing the game or a western team is assisting PG in the development of the game?
I believe it was primarily a western team taking over the actual nitty-gritty of the game's development, with key PG members like Kamiya in charge. Could be wrong though so don't quote me on it.

TnK

Regarding the poll: W101 is IMO a better package compared to Bayonetta, but Bayonetta is a very very close second. The difference is merely a hair's width IMO.

If I would rank with one is first though, they both take a tie in first place. Too bad I can't choose two options in the poll.

Ushiwaka

I believe it was primarily a western team taking over the actual nitty-gritty of the game's development, with key PG members like Kamiya in charge. Could be wrong though so don't quote me on it.

https://twitter.com/ChaseJonez

He is the Design Director of Scalebound and he works for MS. So I think MS is helping in the development. And design director sounds like a serious role. If this is the case it would explain why the game is playable already and is far into development with Kamiya working on TW101 not so long ago.

Lernaean

Banned
Thanks man :)
I had the same thing going on for TW101. I will avoid the OT, and after that the LTTP threads, to avoid becoming more heartbroken and devastated.

You should stop being a pessimist though and set as a goal to end up playing them. A goal and some determination will make you feel better and end up achieving your goal sooner than expected ;-)

That's good news. Ofc it's not presentable, but it has a playable build. That's great.

Also Korra is shaping up real interesting the way i see it. Combat looks great and the visuals are gonna be fine for a game based on an animation show. I don't care too much about the visual quality of what we saw lately, it was always a PC purchase for me anyway.
I shamelessly admit i'm watching Korra since yesterday to hype myself up. The show isn't bad (or i'm too hyped) and the fighting scenes are indeed PlatinumGames material.
I believe, and hope, it's gonna be a great little game.

Zolbrod

I don't get why they can never get a really talented player to demo these games or someone who really knows about action games to explain stuff.

Uhhh... the guy demoing it is Eiro Shirahama, the director of this game and a shitload of others both at Platinum and Capcom.
I think he knows a LOT more about action games than your average Joe.

Also Korra is shaping up real interesting the way i see it. Combat looks great and the visuals are gonna be fine for a game based on an animation show. I don't care too much about the visual quality of what we saw lately, it was always a PC purchase for me anyway.
I shamelessly admit i'm watching Korra since yesterday to hype myself up. The show isn't bad (or i'm too hyped) and the fighting scenes are indeed PlatinumGames material.
I believe, and hope, it's gonna be a great little game.
If you like Legend of Korra's Book 1 and 2, then you need to check out The Last Airbender too. Korra still has fantastic fight choreography and a great art style for what it's worth, no argument there, but The Last Airbender also had those qualities alongside actual character development and an overall storyline that isn't terribly lackluster (like Korra's). Definitely the stronger series of the two, even with TLA taking a little while to get into its groove.

Lernaean

Banned
If you like Legend of Korra's Book 1 and 2, then you need to check out The Last Airbender too. Korra still has fantastic fight choreography and a great art style for what it's worth, no argument there, but The Last Airbender also had those qualities alongside actual character development and an overall storyline that isn't terribly lackluster (like Korra's). Definitely the stronger series of the two, even with TLA taking a little while to get into its groove.

Sigh. I was hoping i wouldn't have to get into TLA, mostly for time issues and because i hate the 'bald kid' design, but i keep reading that TLA is better than Korra all around so i guess i'll have to check it out :-/
Thanks for the advise anyways >.<

Ser Goje

Sigh. I was hoping i wouldn't have to get into TLA, mostly for time issues and because i hate the 'bald kid' design, but i keep reading that TLA is better than Korra all around so i guess i'll have to check it out :-/
Thanks for the advise anyways >.<

I wasn't sure at first too, but It's really good when you get into it.

And Korra's Book 3 has been amazing. You should watch that too if you have a chance.

The Last Airbender is great, especially when it really picks up about mid-season 2. I loved Korra's Book 1 (probably even more than TLA), but Book 2 (which I'm in the middle of watching) has been pretty lackluster.

Regarding the "bald kid" thing, the Air Nomads are pretty obvious stand-ins for Shaolin monks, so...

Last Airbender is so much better than Korra, but I prefer the art direction and choreography in Korra. So in that sense, I guess Korra is a better fit for platinum.

Ushiwaka

You should stop being a pessimist though and set as a goal to end up playing them. A goal and some determination will make you feel better and end up achieving your goal sooner than expected ;-)

:)

This one is old but sooo nice :D I've alwyas wondered if there's any connection between Rao from Okami and Bayonetta. :D They look alike :D

And dat beauty mark....

Both created by Kamiya, so there has to be some connection :D

Hahahaha! That's awesome! KORARARARARARA!

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
Yo plat-gaf. I wanna try and be up to the task of Pure Plat/S-Ranking as much as I can. Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but watching Mike Kob doing shit with Jetstream Sam made me want to start there. I tried to replicate that vid where he kills the Metal Gear Ray in under a minute, and not only did I not kill it in under a minute, but I died multiple times. Man, even without all this rust I don't think I'd do much better :p

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yo plat-gaf. I wanna try and be up to the task of Pure Plat/S-Ranking as much as I can. Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but watching Mike Kob doing shit with Jetstream Sam made me want to start there. I tried to replicate that vid where he kills the Metal Gear Ray in under a minute, and not only did I not kill it in under a minute, but I died multiple times. Man, even without all this rust I don't think I'd do much better :p
Well, I really need to finish MGR main campaign on the PC. Didn't bought the Jetstream on Bladewolf DLC on PS3 so you just gave me the motivation.

Ushiwaka

So, there will be a Ms Gamescon Conference. Too soon for a little Scalebound trailer?

I don't think so. Unlike Nintendo, MS doesn't have bullshit policies when it comes to trailers. Maybe not a gameplay trailer, but I think we will get something more than a CG trailer.

I don't think so. Unlike Nintendo, MS doesn't have bullshit policies when it comes to trailers. Maybe not a gameplay trailer, but I think we will get something more than a CG trailer.

I'm not entirely sure what qualifies as "more than a CG trailer but less than a gameplay trailer". :D

Lernaean

Banned
Eh, I don't see Platinum doing that; they're gameplay first, story second and that's usually reflected in their development process and promotional material.

And yet they presented a full CG trailer for E3 which, i'll agree with you, is not their style. I can bet good money that was all MS.

Ushiwaka

So I started playing MGS Peace Walker recently, and got this crazy idea... It's about PG being "Guns for hire" or "Mercenaries" of the industry. For some reason it reminded me of Big boss' Militaires Sans Frontières (Soldiers Without Borders) :p so I made this :p

And it's just a JOKE :D.

Développeurs Sans Frontières:

AdcUQ74.jpg

:D

Forgive my bad Photoshop skills (and bad french :D) :D

Ushiwaka

Guys, if the team that worked on God Hand was the same team that worked on RE4... And this:

So that means the team that made Resident Evil 4 is in Platinum now?! WOW!

I want a horror game from them now :/

Akiller

Guys, if the team that worked on God Hand was the same team that worked on RE4... And this:

Yeah , however i think a part of them went over with Mikami. I remember him saying he wants to form new talents, that's also why Tango team exists.

"Developers call for Stylish work and we answer it.No greater sales.No just consoles."

Lernaean

Banned
PlatinumGames has the best geeks from all around anyway :p
Also you are a geek too Ushi, giving them eyepatches.
I love it XD

abadguy

Banned
No :( I wish I did though :D

===

Guys, about Scalebound, when PG said a western team is working with them, did they mean just MS publishing the game or a western team is assisting PG in the development of the game?

I think MS is likely helping out with story, not too long ago it was shown on Joseph Staten's Linkedin, that he is "Narrative lead" on Scalebound( among other games), so that maybe the scale of MS involvement. Also Platinum is working on UE3 instead of their own engine for this game, maybe MS could be assisting with the tech side as well?

BBboy20

Wait, Clover helped make RE4?

Also, I would have went to that Korra event if I knew Platinum Games was going to be there outside the con. But hey, I ended up making memories elsewhere.

Scalebound will probably be the only Bone game I'll get.....I hope nobody at P* just read that......

Ushiwaka

"Developers call for Stylish work and we answer it.No greater sales.No just consoles."

"Our salvation lies in Capcom's sin" :D
Also you are a geek too Ushi, giving them eyepatches.
I love it XD

haha! XD

I think MS is likely helping out with story, not too long ago it was shown on Joseph Staten's Linkedin, that he is "Narrative lead" on Scalebound( among other games), so that maybe the scale of MS involvement. Also Platinum is working on UE3 instead of their own engine for this game, maybe MS could be assisting with the tech side as well?

Yeah I guess MS is more involved than we thought. Helping with the story, and this guy being the Design Director, I think Microsoft's involvement is pretty serious.

And I think they are using UE4, not UE3.

Wait, Clover helped make RE4?

Inaba: The director is Shinji Mikami and the core of development was done by the team that made Resident Evil 4.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/god-hand/731343p1.html

Top Bottom