• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not gonna lie, I couldn't get into those shows and hated the art style, but that won't stop me from trying it. No mention of which team is working on it though I take it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let's deflate hype a bit guys.
Platinum maybe the developer, but it's being published by Activision. Shoestring budget, rushed development time, short length since it's download only. Though it would be cool to have a Jubileus/Armstrong/Jergingha style boss fight, I don't think that will happen.

Regiruler

Let's deflate hype a bit guys.
Platinum maybe the developer, but it's being published by Activision. Shoestring budget, rushed development time, short length since it's download only. Though it would be cool to have a Jubileus/Armstrong/Jergingha style boss fight, I don't think that will happen.

The obvious solution is to only have boss fights in the game.

Silky

Banned
3 on 3 screams that it's a Yamanaka project. Being literally the only guy here who enjoyed Anarchy Reigns thoroughly, I'm looking very forward to this game.

3 on 3 screams that it's a Yamanaka project. Being literally the only guy here who enjoyed Anarchy Reigns thoroughly, I'm looking very forward to this game.

they are about 12 people who enjoyed Anarchy Reigns(and about 20 who knew it came out) last I counted

they all have memberships on this website

Ushiwaka

It's happening, isn't it?

Bq_D5JaCUAAsvdH.jpg

Kamiya and Kojima meeting today and this T-shirt thingie...

Hmmm... HMMM I SAY.

TGS REVEAL INCOMING. BELIEVE.

Lernaean

Banned
That's why i said that i don't know how i feel about this in the other thread.
I have this feeling that P* got picked for their fanbase and that's all, which makes me uncomfortable.

Maybe ofc i'm a cynic and the game will be great.

About Kamiya X Kojima, well i always hope, and i do believe it will happen tbh. It was their best selling game after all wasn't it?

Nemmy

I have this feeling that P* got picked for their fanbase and that's all, which makes me uncomfortable.

Maybe ofc i'm a cynic and the game will be great.

This may be the case, but then again, P* does not really release bad games, do they? I can deal with a game being rushed in this case, half of their games are rushed anyway.

I'm not really excited for this at all, though. Scaleboud reveal got me really hyped because Kamiya and dragons, but there's no hype material for me here.

Ushiwaka

Still no mention of the game from PG's Website/Twitter. What the hell?

Anyway, Acti X Platinum is really interesting. Western publishers starting to acknowledge PG. First Microsoft and now Activision.

Kamiya and Kojima meeting today and this T-shirt thingie...

Hmmm... HMMM I SAY.

TGS REVEAL INCOMING. BELIEVE.

God, yes, please! Another Platinum Games title set in the Metal Gear universe would be fantastic. I'm a relatively new fan of Platinum Games, and basically had my first experience with the studio through Metal Gear Rising (being a hardcore Metal Gear fan). Going back and playing through older titles now, and loving them -- here's hoping we get some news at TGS! :)

BadWolf

Tbh I want the same team to work on Rising, not Kamiya.

Don't think Kojima would want to reveal MGR2 before releasing MGSV, though it would be pretty funny if PG managed to releases two MG games before KojiPro can release one.

PG might have a dedicated and vocal fanbase but I don't think its big enough to warrant chasing.

Look at how W101 sold.

Lernaean

Banned
PG might have a dedicated and vocal fanbase but I don't think its big enough to warrant chasing.

Look at how W101 sold.

Yeh, i don't mean the quantity of the fanbase.
Platinumgames fans are known to be religiously fanatic and very vocal.
They want the hype that comes from that specific fanbase, not simply a few more copies sold.
P* next to the title is good publicity.

yeah, i liked metal gear rising as a bit more grounded than a kamiya game. less crazy-ass air-juggling and more precision parries. the same team needs to make metal gear rising 2.

P* next to the title is good publicity.

Well, certainly it does seem that in spite of sales, their reputation is getting them clients, but that could just be confirmation bias from me being a fan. I agree if they pump out rushed shovelware, that would blow, but I don't know if they've really ever done that. I'm ok with them having a frantic workload if they can manage it and maintain consistent production.

Personally, after Scalebound's trailer, I didn't think they could come up with a project that appealed to me less thematically, but here we are. I think this announcement actually has me more hyped for Scalebound.

Ushiwaka

All this MGR stuff going on, Scalebound, Korra and the possibility of DMC5 being in the works...

untitled-14g2s0o.gif

TGS is going to be amazing! TGS please deliver.

Ser Goje

Tim Hendrick is writing the script so thats good news. Really wanna see how they make the Pro Bending matches.

Also, it's gonna be a downloadable game, so I'm gonna keep my exceptions low. Specially if Activision is the publisher.

But as a PG fan I know and hope they'll deliver.

As one of the 12 people that bought Anarchy Reigns and thoroughly played I can say that I'm hyped, Licensed Activision game be damned. Of course there probably won't be a sick Takana Rap soundtrack to go with it ;_;

This is not a good day to not be a fan of anime >.>

Still, I'm amazed at just how industrious P* is recently. That's three titles in development, plus Bayo WiiU port, at the same time.

And of course MGR2 #believe

I actually loved Avatar and the first season of Korra. You might want to give them a try as they're not anime at all, being actually American-produced and feeling completely different. Characters are well developed and interesting, and I loved the setting of both the original series, and Korra's (which is quite different, a kind of alternate early 20th century brought about by harnessing bending). Plus they have beautifully choreographed and animated fight scenes with lots of creative uses of what essentially amounts to martial arts + elemental magic.

The original series takes quite a bit to get interesting, but Korra is pretty good from the start. I'd recommend you give the first episode of Korra a try, you might be very surprised!

Ushiwaka

I'll probably buy Korra on PC. Gettin' ready for dat multiplayer goodness.

Did any of the previews mention who the director is?

popyea

I'll probably buy Korra on PC. Gettin' ready for dat multiplayer goodness.

Did any of the previews mention who the director is?

Eiro Shirahama. He was lead designer on Anarchy Reigns and designer on Madworld.

The game seems really promising. Really looking forward to it, even though the I never liked the show.

Nemmy

So, I watched this review around MGR's release and really enjoyed it, but I couldn't find it after that. Today I somehow found it via the MGR2 "rumor/meeting" thread.
It's really one of the best MGR reviews I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSUZRQ4vIA

"The age of games feeling like movies is long past"

or not really :,(

I actually loved Avatar and the first season of Korra. You might want to give them a try as they're not anime at all, being actually American-produced and feeling completely different. Characters are well developed and interesting, and I loved the setting of both the original series, and Korra's (which is quite different, a kind of alternate early 20th century brought about by harnessing bending). Plus they have beautifully choreographed and animated fight scenes with lots of creative uses of what essentially amounts to martial arts + elemental magic.

The original series takes quite a bit to get interesting, but Korra is pretty good from the start. I'd recommend you give the first episode of Korra a try, you might be very surprised!

I admittedly didn't know that, so maybe I will give it a try, especially if the characters are indeed well developed. One thing that always bothered me with anime is how overly reliant they usually are on tropey, boring characters (with notable exceptions, but still).

Keasar

I admittedly didn't know that, so maybe I will give it a try, especially if the characters are indeed well developed. One thing that always bothered me with anime is how overly reliant they usually are on tropey, boring characters (with notable exceptions, but still).

Really should give the series a chance then, start with the original Avatar: The Last Airbender show and after that move onto Legend of Korra.

Nemmy

I don't like Jeanne's look in Bayo2 from what I've seen, her haircut did not really transition well from concept art to ingame graphics IMO, but that cosplay is pretty sweet.

Though I'd pay good money for one of those musketeer plushies. They are incredibly cute and cool even outside of the game's context. I wish P* had a store with things like this, there's lots of great merchandise opportunities in their games.

Nemmy

I'd vote for Bayonetta if I could, as it's the only P* game that I consider flawless (almost).

Have yet to play W101, though.

Well look at past me be a dirty dirty liar. I ended up voting for Vanquish now that I can, as I think it's criminally underappreciated in the poll.

Golnei

Enzo seems to have a different VA, though, which is strange. Unless "John Kassir" is an Alan Smithee name for Allan Groves or vice versa or whatever.

EDIT: Looking at Allan's IMDB page, he seems to be in the middle of filming a role for something called "16 Stones", so he might have been too busy for this.

...So Enzo is Monsoon now?

Top Bottom