• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Blizzard

Banned
I'm still on my mystical quest for a legitimate M16A4 burst fire kill. This thread is the only place I've repeatedly been told burst fire is amazing. When I play with high skill players, 20% or higher win rates etc., the only answer I've been given is "I don't use burst fire". I don't know if it's just personal taste or what.

I accidentally hit a teammate with a full burst fire clip to the chest from about 1 foot away early game. It did MAYBE 30% of his health. I thought friendly fire was reduced damage but after googling people claim it's the same as enemy damage.

I tried burst-firing someone knocked out on the ground. 2-3 sprays needed to kill. I figured maybe not all the bullets connected?

I killed someone with no little or armor using burst fire but I don't feel that's fair. Later in the same game, crouched maybe 10 feet away, I did a full burst fire into someone (who then turned and killed me in 1-2 shots) only to end up with 49 hit points and 2 kills. If 35-40 points were from the kills, I assume that means I did very little damage on the burst fire.

Is the key to aim at the chest and let the burst fire climb up for a headshot? Is the key to get 2 burst fire rounds off and hope the person doesn't headshot you first? I'm so confused as to why some people are adamant it's good, but I'm determined to make it work at least once.

Plasmid

Quite a few bad solo games tonight until my last one, 4 kills with the win, got a groza early and just wrecked people exploding vehicles. Watched the last 2 people point blank firefight each other and shot the survivor who panicked outside the blue.

ez bois

e:

can the twitch prime crate go to 250 so i can sell mine pls?

Erheller

Is the key to aim at the chest and let the burst fire climb up for a headshot? Is the key to get 2 burst fire rounds off and hope the person doesn't headshot you first? I'm so confused as to why some people are adamant it's good, but I'm determined to make it work at least once.

I usually aim at the head and pull down as soon as I hit LMB. If I get a headshot with the first shot, pulling down will ensure that the second and third shots will be either headshots or bodyshots. Then the burst after that will probably be bodyshots. Getting a headshot in the first burst is key.

Xater

Granted I have not played that much since the update, but I gave yet to see fog of the Mini 14. I must have the worst luck.

Zomba13

Why is it, 100% of the time I drop somewhere and then someone else ends up dropping by me I NEVER get a gun? Like, there are 3 hangers, I'm going to one, then I see another guy has also dropped and is going to another. I get no weapons, he gets everything, I go to the third hanger, same, nothing there, I die because of course I fucking do.

EVERY. SINGLE.TIME

Whenever someone else goes to the same place as me I always land in the house with no weapons. EVERY TIME.

Also, the fuck is up with the game just not connecting any more and needing to be rebooted? pisses me off.

Daffy Duck

Why is it, 100% of the time I drop somewhere and then someone else ends up dropping by me I NEVER get a gun? Like, there are 3 hangers, I'm going to one, then I see another guy has also dropped and is going to another. I get no weapons, he gets everything, I go to the third hanger, same, nothing there, I die because of course I fucking do.

EVERY. SINGLE.TIME

Whenever someone else goes to the same place as me I always land in the house with no weapons. EVERY TIME.

Also, the fuck is up with the game just not connecting any more and needing to be rebooted? pisses me off.

That's me too man!

Why have the servers crapped out now.

:/

jambo

Another record

sIJclDv.png

BigDes

Granted I have not played that much since the update, but I gave yet to see fog of the Mini 14. I must have the worst luck.

Fog games are quite rare. Only like a 10% chance for the map to have fog I think.

I've only had two games with fog, they're great, there's even spooky fog noises.

jambo

Had some great games tonight, won 1 and in all the others we always finished top 4.

Chicken dinner was a strange one as we went milbase, but there were only 3 other people there. We looted a bunch and then got away from a fire fight, only to run in to a crate, so I got an M24 and an 8x scope.

We went to Ferry Pier and it was deserted and only half looted, so we stocked up again and then after I killed people nearby, everyone else left alive was far enough away that the 8x was perfect.

Last game was pretty frustrating. We boated around to Mylta Power and then moved up north to the big hillside. Killed a bunch of people and then we honed in on the final circle, which had some houses in it. No activity. Then we noticed that there were 5 other people left, but only 1 building in the circle. Sure enough the remaining people from diff squads had teamed up and were hiding together in the building. We naded the hell out of it and they rushed out and managed to take us out, but it was a pretty unfair advantage having extra people. As soon as we were dead they turned on each other for the win. Reported them, but no idea if that actually leads to anything.

I'm like... permanently around rank 500 in solo FPP. Just can't seem to stay much better than that on a regular basis. Not that it matters. Just something I've noticed. Seems about right as I can never really get good at this game's shooting mechanics.

Another record

sIJclDv.png

I expected more a jump this weekend. But progress is progress!

jmizzal

I havent played PUBG yet since my laptop cant run it

But I was playing Fortnite battlegrounds

Question does PUBG have separate match making for squads and solo play too?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Balls, wanted to play but apparently the servers are down.

So just started playing a few hours ago, I bet servers are super busy today?
Want to duo but invite to friends finds that server are to busy all the time.
Is that normal?

It's funny how I played this game on a totally shit rig that had CPU bottlenecks out the ass, bought a whole new rig to get better performance, now it sings like a dream

And now I don't play it

GODDAMNIT BLUEHOLE

Sande

I really wish there was a practice / firing range mode. It's difficult to get comfortable with shooting when you get a chance to kill someone once every 10 minutes or so. I had been playing for almost 10 hours and were caught completely off guard by the full auto recoil of M416 because that was the first time I got in a situation to use it.

30 minutes into an intense match is not the ideal time to start experimenting with recoil patterns, bullet drop etc.

Enco

This has to be the best game I’ve played in years.

So many AMAZING moments with friends.

This takes the best of DayZ and every other online game and removes the crap.

Railings on stairs have this odd quantum property where if you shoot through them it's 90% blockage, if you're shot through them it's 90% pass through. Illogical? Yes, but true

This is still true, and it's directly proportional to how lethal the guns are

If you have an AK or a SCAR, and they have an UMP or Uzi, then the game will automatically balance it so that their rate of bullets not hitting the railing will be just enough to kill you before you can kill them

Poppy

friend and i managed to win yesterday by doing absolutely nothing

did not fire a single shot, got heavenly RNG that put the last 3 circles directly on top of our apartment building, everyone else killed each other and the final murder circle managed to take out the last 2 enemies before it killed us

so that was something

JMZ555

Is there any fix for textures/ building not loading etc for aggggggessss when using Gerforce experiance?

Game runs fine itself but if i use the feature to save kills etc it takes ages for textures and buildings to load for me to enter etc......

Really annoying.

Really dont want to buy a SSD or switch of kill record feature.

Every time I get into a situation to be really badass this game bends me over and goes to town on me. I killed 3 people, downed 2 at the radio tower near military base. Go to kill the last guy as he is picking up a teammate, three shots into him with the S12K at point blank into a Lvl 1 Vest, stands up and lights me up.

I would almost guarantee he didn't take some of those shots. Insane networking.

And by "every time" I mean not that often. But just enough to piss me off. :p

Luminaire

Won suddenly when the last person died outside the playzone.

Also did they change any drops? Ran three games and found only pistols across 2-3 towns/villages.

Probably just crap luck.

Aselith

Why the fuck is it so hard to get in the drivers seat of a Dacia. Jesus christ, every time you run up to that motherfucker you have to pixel hunt for the part that is Drive Dacia not Get in Dacia.

No one's in it. I want to drive it....

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is still true, and it's directly proportional to how lethal the guns are

If you have an AK or a SCAR, and they have an UMP or Uzi, then the game will automatically balance it so that their rate of bullets not hitting the railing will be just enough to kill you before you can kill them
Been following your posts and have noticed this too. Thinking about reaching out the devs tbh. It’s just too disheartening.

Blizzard

Banned
Have drops changed recently? I just played about 4 games in a row with a friend and never saw a single gun besides a pistol.

I stopped dropping Pochinki and dropped in those two groups of 6 houses near the bridge on the north side. 4 houses, nothing but 2 pistols in a single house. Someone went to a different house and got a mini-14.

Maybe it's just all bad luck, but all told it was 6-8 games in a row of the most awful drops I have seen in quite some time.

Luminaire

Have drops changed recently? I just played about 4 games in a row with a friend and never saw a single gun besides a pistol.

I stopped dropping Pochinki and dropped in those two groups of 6 houses near the bridge on the north side. 4 houses, nothing but 2 pistols in a single house. Someone went to a different house and got a mini-14.

Maybe it's just all bad luck, but all told it was 6-8 games in a row of the most awful drops I have seen in quite some time.

I've had the same bad luck with terrible drops.

Is there a problem with unlimited health hackers?

Just had a round where I had to move on from a couple people as they were impossible to kill. Some bloke trying to punch me unloaded 30 shotgun rounds into. Another with a pan I used everything I had. 90% appears to connect. Nothing.

Blizzard

Banned

Just had a round where I had to move on from a couple people as they were impossible to kill. Some bloke trying to punch me unloaded 30 shotgun rounds into. Another with a pan I used everything I had. 90% appears to connect. Nothing.
I may have had similar things with 30-50 hit points but no knockout.

In addition to the awful drops today, squad lobbies have been insanely buggy for me since the patch. Teammates not rendering in lobby, teammates loading into a game while I'm stuck in lobby, not being able to start games, not being able to turn off auto-fill, etc.

Tokubetsu

not saying it wasn't hackers but the netcode in this is a fucking mess so you never know

dh4niel

Got the PUBG bug again after playing Fortnite's Battle Royale mode. I can't seem to do better than top 10 but that's waaay better than I used to do.

Neith

Banned
The new steam system is detecting loads of negative reviews again. Jesus when steam people get mad they sure friggin' write reviews these days.

Top Bottom