• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

For real, the matchmaking is starting to grind on me. Being matched up with English speaking players has become so rare, I can go all night without being able to communicate.

Its starting to make this a "Can only play with friends game" and most of them have moved on. :(

Blizzard

Banned
For real, the matchmaking is starting to grind on me. Being matched up with English speaking players has become so rare, I can go all night without being able to communicate.

Its starting to make this a "Can only play with friends game" and most of them have moved on. :(
I started playing with a Mandarin Chinese phrase sheet website. If I play in the evening on NA servers, it's probably 90% Chinese teammates for duo or squad games.

They're generally nice players. I think I've had exactly one creepy or obnoxious Chinese teammate, and every other horribly obnoxious teammate has had an American accent, but communication does become very difficult.

Between the Chinese players, increased queue times in solo (this tends to kill multiplayer games for me), server lag, the bizarre lack of weapons in an 8-10 game streak yesterday, lobby bugs over and over, and the continued Asian server default even after a 400+ MB patch, I'm seriously being tempted to quit playing for the first time. Obviously it doesn't matter to Bluehole since they've had my money for quite some time, but yeah.

Anne

The latency issues have basically killed my desire to keep playing this for the time being. Unfortunate because I really do like it, but I feel like I'm at my own personal limit with the amount of influence latency has on my actions.

I don't play FPS games on PC to have hilariously low tickrates and netcode like this :<

Hoo-doo

Banned
Why is it when I finally have a match where I find a 8X scope, I immediately find a ton of scopes right after?

Me and a friend found four separate 8X scopes and a 15X scope last night.

Why is it when I finally have a match where I find a 8X scope, I immediately find a ton of scopes right after?

Me and a friend found four separate 8X scopes and a 15X scope last night.

I'm convinced that the game has a % chance to drop thing and it changes every game. Some games I find tons of boosts, some none. Some I find every shotgun ever built and no 556. Same on thw scopes too.

BUZadQx.jpg
268 hours in
FUCKING FINALLY
no scope.
no backpack.
no helmet
non stuffed VSS + UMP

humgggggggggghhhhhhh

Any technical reason there isn't an option yet to immediately join another game from the death screen?

for real, I've been waiting for this for a long time. I wouldn't expect it for a long time, if ever, they won't even fix the AS server thing and that slaps you in the face every game.

Between the Chinese players, increased queue times in solo (this tends to kill multiplayer games for me), server lag, the bizarre lack of weapons in an 8-10 game streak yesterday, lobby bugs over and over, and the continued Asian server default even after a 400+ MB patch, I'm seriously being tempted to quit playing for the first time. Obviously it doesn't matter to Bluehole since they've had my money for quite some time, but yeah.

This is where I'm at. Between the unfixed bugs, useless patches, endless jank, and near-constant incompetence by Bluehole I have actually had almost no desire to play this game for the past few days. Good thing I have Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 coming up to help keep me occupied until a AAA dev puts out their own BR gametype.

PUBG's best accomplishment will be highlighting the genre and opening the door for better devs to actually get the game right.

I can't recall a time playing this game where I went "shit...lag/latency/connectivity". It's always been fairly fine?

And as for the servers always being down... maybe I've just got lucky, but in hundreds of hours I have only noticed this once, briefly.

shiyrley

Banned
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I just got 3rd in a solo match, killed 6 people, but lost a 1v1 firefight at close range and that was it :(

Vipu

Banned
This is where I'm at. Between the unfixed bugs, useless patches, endless jank, and near-constant incompetence by Bluehole I have actually had almost no desire to play this game for the past few days. Good thing I have Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 coming up to help keep me occupied until a AAA dev puts out their own BR gametype.

PUBG's best accomplishment will be highlighting the genre and opening the door for better devs to actually get the game right.

If you think any AAA dev will make some game right you havent played AAA games.

BigEmil

Been playing this and Fortnite solo often and I'm still not really enjoying this genre will it improve if i play with friends? Got about 15 hours in PUBG, 3 hours in Fornite

(Yes, very much so. Solo is interesting, but squads with communication are really something else. Game shines that way. Custom matches with 6 players is crazy fun, too. Some of the less big streamers host those on weekends and it's great). - to the guy above me

Get versed in LFG circles ("looking for gamers") as well as the Discord channels for this game.

Gaffers are all over it too.

You have a ton of options- give them a shot and I'm sure you'll be pleased. It's saved my ass a few times to play with friendlies. Good luck!

JustinBB7

So I just died while wearing a level 3 vest, the guy was far away and had a shotgun. I shot him at least 4 times with m16, yet he gets me with a shotgun from 100m away. Like fucking really? This game is a joke.

I don’t think I can play this game solo anymore, at least not for awhile.

Bust it across the map on a bike to a place far away from the plane (going vertical over Novo basically) down to Primorsk. Look for a couple minutes (circle over YAS) then go to loot the warehouses.

Get gunned down by some motherfucking hiding in a corner. Now I got. A glimpse of him after the first shotgun blast, he literally had nothing but a two pump, no helmet, no vest, nothing. Dude blasted over there and just sat there for 5 minutes.

I don’t think I can play this game solo anymore, at least not for awhile.

Bust it across the map on a bike to a place far away from the plane (going vertical over Novo basically) down to Primorsk. Look for a couple minutes (circle over YAS) then go to loot the warehouses.

Get gunned down by some motherfucking hiding in a corner. Now I got. A glimpse of him after the first shotgun blast, he literally had nothing but a two pump, no helmet, no vest, nothing. Dude blasted over there and just sat there for 5 minutes.

I did this to two players in duo the other day. Plane was far south, we took a car into north George and started looting. I was still looting the first floor of an apartment building when a bike pulled up, two guys hopped out and opened the door right in front of me. It was like the scene in Pulp Fiction where Bruce Willis kills Travolta when he walks out of the bathroom. The guy opened the door, stared at me for a second and then I unloaded a shotgun into him and his friend. Just shit luck on their part.

Tokubetsu

Yeah camping does happen solo, especially late circles when they just push right into the center of it but if it was still early game chances are they just heard you pull up and got in an advantageous position.

That's a risk you run when don't loot where you drop.

rC6zxQy.png

I think it’s just more salt then I need in a game when I play solo. I did get a win just now, but I forgot about the AS bug and was in an Asian server.

Never once got in a gunfight, just used positioning to pick people off with a M16.

I still will probably just stick to duos though.

JDB

Banned
I try to avoid buildings as much as I can in solo past the initial looting phase. If there's even the smallest hint of someone having been nearby I don't enter the building.

I'm never going to open them because they require keys, and I refuse to spend money on crates in this game. The Cosmetics are mostly garbage and I'm not willing to bet on getting anything good from the crates to sell.

I'm never going to open them because they require keys, and I refuse to spend money on crates in this game. The Cosmetics are mostly garbage and I'm not willing to bet on getting anything good from the crates to sell.

What I love are the hats.

Helmets, anyone?

Oh well, fools and their money part in favor of me on the Steam Marketplace.

Top Bottom