• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Magwik

Banned
But if you didn't open the crate you'd be sitting on like $180 :p

1dyepMd.gif

jeffc919

Oh? Is the release scheduled? Don’t understand the way EA works

Is there a significant difference once “released”?

And whats the endgoal?

A single player planned? Just polishing the game? Dedicated map support moving forward? New modes?

PC games have a crazy life cycle so Im guessing the slow progress is just how this game will be. But to think 10 yrs from now this will still be played is insane.

It's supposedly coming out of early access this year which gives them less than 3 months. We'll just have to see if they can meet that self imposed deadline.

Only things announced to be coming as far as I know are the vaulting/climbing mechanics and a new map (with new vehicles). I think a 3rd map is in the works as well, to be released some time after the game leaves early access. Of course, they are continuing to optimize and fix bugs as well and they've said that just because the game leaves early access, that doesn't mean development on the game stops. There were some AMA's on Reddit recently where Greene answered questions about the game's future. Single player came up and I think he was non-commital. Other things like a CS:GO like map rotation came up too. It's a safe assumption that there will be more maps and changes to the game post release.

It's supposedly coming out of early access this year which gives them less than 3 months. We'll just have to see if they can meet that self imposed deadline.

Only things announced to be coming as far as I know are the vaulting/climbing mechanics and a new map (with new vehicles). I think a 3rd map is in the works as well, to be released some time after the game leaves early access. Of course, they are continuing to optimize and fix bugs as well and they've said that just because the game leaves early access, that doesn't mean development on the game stops. There were some AMA's on Reddit recently where Greene answered questions about the game's future. Single player came up and I think he was non-commital. Other things like a CS:GO like map rotation came up too. It's a safe assumption that there will be more maps and changes to the game post release.

More maps seems like a no brainer

Learning a ton of new maps sounds engrossing for core players. And having so many different kinds of maps sounds like the way a BR game should be

jeffc919

More maps seems like a no brainer

Learning a ton of new maps sounds engrossing for core players. And having so many different kinds of maps sounds like the way a BR game should be

Also having "seasons" where a few maps are in rotation at a time and others are temporarily out of rotation would keep things fresh and help give the game even longer legs. I hope this becomes a thing.

Euphor!a

Banned
I didn't think it would make it past like, $4.50, but it is just going up so fast at this point I can't even guess where it will stop. Will be at $5 in a few minutes then it hits another hump.

Is it worth it to save my only gamescom crate for months or will the price quickly go up and down again?
As I understand it, these crates only give you one item so there should be a ceiling on how high the price can go. I'm going to watch the price like a hawk and wait until it either flatlines or drops $0.50 and then I'll sell.

MUnited83

For you.
As I understand it, these crates only give you one item so there should be a ceiling on how high the price can go. I'm going to watch the price like a hawk and wait until it either flatlines or drops $0.50 and then I'll sell.
Actually there is a small chance they drop a full outfit box

MUnited83

For you.
The crate price started dropping again.

*panicking*
Wouldn't worry about, probably just a rush of people starting to sell as the crates reach the price they want. Unless there is a massive influx of crates that pumps the number to >50000 again, they will continue to increase in value.

I just acted like a little loot goblin for a guy who crouched behind a wall on the edge of the circle for at least a solid minute while I killed three guys for him (including someone with a car), then when I went to go loot one of them in the blue he just popped right out and got me.

I wasn't even mad at the cheese, that dude was patient.

Blizzard

Banned
It's 7 p.m. EDT and I can't even get a squad game going reliably. For 3 games in a row, I've gotten 2-3 people instead of 4.

The last game, there were 97 people. My squad had 2. Tell me the odds of that. :(

Am I just super unlucky?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
God damn I really love this game. Just put my 66th hour into it. Nearly the entire amount of time I've spent playing VR combined this year.

Still no chicken dinner but I'd say I'm getting fairly capable. My biggest want right now is for all the intense character customization stuff to come about. Its pretty rare that the game frustrates me. Its just so fuckin exhilarating. Ive played while trackig my heartrate before it can get up into the 160 range if I get real flustered.

Almost as intense as dark souls.

jeffc919

I was planning to sell at $5 but I think I will wait a little longer. Maybe see where the price is at when they get under 10k for sale.

NEVER GO TO A FUCKING CRATE. Jesus fuck.

I'm looting a house in the middle of nowhere. A crate falls nearby. I run to a hill overlooking it and set up for a bit. 1 vehicle drives up to it. That guy is shortly killed. Then someone else crouch runs to the crate. Someone else kills him. Then another guy runs to the crate. I kill him.

I wait a while. No movement at all. I slowly start crouch walking towards it and not 3 steps later I'm sniped by a mini14.

No idea where all these people came from but moral of the story is: fuck crates.

Blizzard

Banned
The best part is when you're in the middle of nowhere, you have a vehicle, you're far from the flight path, and you figure driving your fast car to the crate that's falling right next to you is a good idea.

Then as you get there, you see 4 different vehicles converging Mad Max style from different directions.

I just had the most absurd screwed over by lag moment ever.

I literally sprayed an entire magazine of M4 into a guy with level 1 armor and vest and not even looking at me as he ran around a corner, and then he turned and hit my arm twice with an Uzi and killed me.

konjak

I just had the most absurd screwed over by lag moment ever.

I literally sprayed an entire magazine of M4 into a guy with level 1 armor and vest and not even looking at me as he ran around a corner, and then he turned and hit my arm twice with an Uzi and killed me.

This has happened to me too, it's great. Either it's lag, or they're Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction.

I just died throwing a grenade into a window that had those bars on it, and it bounced off, and then I died "from falling" when I got hit by the blast.

I like most of the grenade buffs, but those deaths by falling from grenades seem really... dumb. Like I get why the game processes it as that, but it feels silly.

./revy

Banned
Some guy managed to goad about half the lobby into landing at School. Our group walked out with 20 something kills between us.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally got a Mini-14 headshot kill so that's checked off the list. Remaining goals:

* Crossbow kill past the very start of the game (or knockout and then kill with another weapon)
* Fog win
* Sunset win
* TPP squad win with everyone alive

BraXzy

For anyone with a GTX 1080, what performance do you get in this? I feel like my game runs terribly for what settings I run.

Most stuff is on Very Low to Medium with only Viewing Distance on Ultra. My FPS is usually anywhere between 50-90.

NEVER GO TO A FUCKING CRATE. Jesus fuck.

I'm looting a house in the middle of nowhere. A crate falls nearby. I run to a hill overlooking it and set up for a bit. 1 vehicle drives up to it. That guy is shortly killed. Then someone else crouch runs to the crate. Someone else kills him. Then another guy runs to the crate. I kill him.

I wait a while. No movement at all. I slowly start crouch walking towards it and not 3 steps later I'm sniped by a mini14.

No idea where all these people came from but moral of the story is: fuck crates.

I finally got a Mini-14 headshot kill so that's checked off the list. Remaining goals:

* Crossbow kill past the very start of the game (or knockout and then kill with another weapon)
* Fog win
* Sunset win
* TPP squad win with everyone alive

There it is.

Bread

Banned
For anyone with a GTX 1080, what performance do you get in this? I feel like my game runs terribly for what settings I run.

Most stuff is on Very Low to Medium with only Viewing Distance on Ultra. My FPS is usually anywhere between 50-90.
I have textures and foliage on very high and I’m usually hovering from 60-100

Blizzard

Banned
There it is.
It wasn't that person, but oddly enough we did have two GAF squads end up in the same game last night. We didn't realize until we were top 10 and saw USDanny die, and we were like HEY THAT GUY IS IN THE OTHER DISCORD CHANNEL.

Unfortunately we got wiped right after they got wiped.

Wubbyz

Neo Member
150 hours later I got my first dinner. It was squads and we had circle in north george the entire match. No one in my squad died we all were incredibly looted. Feels good.

./revy

Banned

Go to your Compatibility properties and enable override high-dpi scaling. I jumped up to 144 with most of the settings on High, view distance on Medium.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm still new to the game and enjoying it. felt like an idiot my last match. was WAY outside the circle so had to leg it to get inside. by the time i got there i had to start running again to get into the next circle.

there were about 20-25 people left when i found a car. i was just waiting to get attacked since people would hear/see me driving so thought hey what if drive over this hill and jump out while the car is still moving and try hide? lol yep i died. all that time running for nothing and i kill myself lol. lesson learned don't jump out of moving cars. i've been playing way too much GTA i guess.

Korosenai

For a complete noob to this game, where is the best text/video beginner to intermediate guide available? I've been watching streamers but I need a better generalized guide to help me with everything.

./revy

Banned
For a complete noob to this game, where is the best text/video beginner to intermediate guide available? I've been watching streamers but I need a better generalized guide to help me with everything.

What are you wondering? I'm not amazing but I'm in the Top 2000 Squad and my boyfriend is in the Top 1000. I can answer some questions and stuff.

Top Bottom