• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone else killed themselves with the auto-run toggle? I have it bound to a side mouse button, and every once in a while it simply doesn't work. I can tap it 4-5 times and then it will finally work, or I can slightly move with WASD and then it will work. Sometimes I might do a short jump and then autorun will simply not activate until I stop completely and/or move and then hit it again.

It almost feels like there are certain places you can stand, or angles, or momentums, that cancel it or prevent it from working. Then I just stand still like a dummy and die.

*edit*
I just had a really funny kill where someone was prone on a roof in Rozhok with a tommygun AND a vector, yet I just crouchwalked up and shot them in the face with a silenced extended mag P92 to kill. Maybe they fell asleep.

Aselith

Oh man, got my first ghillie tonight that shit is sick as fuck! Dropped like 5 people in the final area including one that was nice enough to drop an AWM for me, people running around everywhere totally not seeing me. It was a really, really easy win :p

One person dropped an adrenaline syringe but I didn't have time to check it. What does that do?

Erheller

Oh man, got my first ghillie tonight that shit is sick as fuck! Dropped like 5 people in the final area including one that was nice enough to drop an AWM for me, people running around everywhere totally not seeing me. It was a really, really easy win :p

One person dropped an adrenaline syringe but I didn't have time to check it. What does that do?

An adrenaline syringe is what happens when someone crushes painkillers, dissolves it in an energy drink, and puts it in a syringe.

Full boost.

Its just a full boost in 1 item.

Or, uh, that

Aselith

I gotcha. Yeah I looked it up on the wiki after I posted. I never get to drop boxes normally in time so that's why I haven't seen it.

Blizzard

Banned

I was on a team recently where we got 2-3 crates and 2 squad members had ghillie suits. It didn't seem to make any difference, and people spotted us and gunned us down with ease. :( Maybe certain weathers or skill levels it works better.

I was on a team recently where we got 2-3 crates and 2 squad members had ghillie suits. It didn't seem to make any difference, and people spotted us and gunned us down with ease. :( Maybe certain weathers or skill levels it works better.

Ghillies are meant for proning in tall grass, and grass doesn't render beyond a certain distance.

Woo finally had a really good night, no wins but started to get into the groove. Last game was an 8 kill streak right at the end to take #4 in duos

The shadowplay integration works better than I'd have expected, though those file sizes, forgot how big those get. Gotta save that to my HDD instead of my SSD 500 MB for a 1 minute clip ho boy

rugioh

Banned
Mannn been trying to do more solo squads on AS for practice and got down to a 1v1 last night and choked it away. I have a bad habit of not reacting quick enough in a short range fight because I'm too busy trying to zoom in my red dot before shooting. If I shot him as soon as I reacted I probably would've won, but since I was busy zooming in he aimpunched me before I started firing; threw off my bursts and I got melted.

I feel like my gamefeel is getting a little better though, I'm getting more correct in my assumptions on where teams can/can't be in the final circles judging from plane path and where the bullet sounds have been coming from.

dh4niel

I've just been dropping purely to get kills recently as I need to get my shooting skills up. Managed to get #6 again and the one time I forget to check a building. Haha.

Spent a whole game just finding shotguns and then die to the blue circle after getting desperate for anything else.

jeffc919

Just saw the news about iem Oakland. Will watch and hope nobody gets screwed out of money because of bugs lol

I just want to hear about the plans for crates so I know if I should start saving BPs.

Also hoping they don't ugly up all the buildings again with the awful graffiti promoting the tournament.

nikos

Finally starting to get a feel for the gunplay in this game.

That moment of transition when you go from running scared to becoming a predator feels so good. I’m engaging more enemies and playing a bit more aggressively now.

Having more confidence than your opponents, and not showing signs of fear or hesitation seem like huge advantages in this game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can nobody just play fair anymore? I've ran into multiple aimbots and just had some cunts teaming.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Can nobody just play fair anymore? I've ran into multiple aimbots and just had some cunts teaming.
I haven't played much in the recent weeks as my group got back into a private Ark server but when I have dropped in on OCE I've encountered no cheats. Must be a US server thing as I can't recall any cheaters really on OCE.

Also if Epic put in OCE FPP servers for squads before Bluehole does that will truly be a sad day. I'm starting to lose hope on this game improving, sort of felt like it's hit a wall and then stopped for some reason. I mean it's still a very fun game and feature complete enough to be enjoyable but man there are some much needed fixes or additions that just aren't coming about.

Finally starting to get a feel for the gunplay in this game.

That moment of transition when you go from running scared to becoming a predator feels so good. I’m engaging more enemies and playing a bit more aggressively now.

Having more confidence than your opponents, and not showing signs of fear or hesitation seem like huge advantages in this game.

I think Im at the part where Im alright with the gunplay, but just cant seem to find enemies. Is it common to aimlessly walk around in Solo and then maybe see enemies at the final circles?

In my last run I didn't see a soul until we were both locked on each other. I once again, swear I shot him (we were both looking through windows), but I didnt land any hit points.

I think maybe it might be because my range was set to around 200 or 300 and he was definitely about 100 m or less away from me.

Im not sure what happens to my bullets in that scenario, but any who, I died.

I can kill people fine if I get the drop on them of course, but dont really feel like I have a sense of awareness

jeffc919

I haven't played much in the recent weeks as my group got back into a private Ark server but when I have dropped in on OCE I've encountered no cheats. Must be a US server thing as I can't recall any cheaters really on OCE.

If the leaderboards when I last checked are any indication it's most prevalent on the Asia and North America servers.

A little bit cartoony on the colors there, but indeed a little reshade can go a long way. It comes down to preference, of course. But at the very least, I introduce SMAA and a little sharpening with ReShade because the in-game AA is a little too blurry for my tastes. And even with the in-game AA on, I can still look at edges go from jaggy to smooth by turning ReShade off and on.

How does reshade impact system performance? Oh and Hi everyone ;). I bought this recently and im liking it so far. Saw the giantbomb guys play a lot and loved watching that.

frbrr

How does reshade impact system performance? Oh and Hi everyone ;). I bought this recently and im liking it so far. Saw the giantbomb guys play a lot and loved watching that.

depends what you do with it. most people just use adaptivesharpen and technicolor, together they'll lower your fps by 1-3

Got a squad win. Again, I didnt do shit

Had enemy 100m in front but I think I missed

Range of AKM was set to 300.where should i be aiming at that setting

Weird that the quantity of those crates went back up again. Price dropped a bit as well.

Depends on the shaders you use and your resolution. At 3440x1440, I can't afford to turn on too many shaders without taking a bit hit. I use lumasharpen instead of adaptive sharpening since it's cheaper. I tweak SMAA so it still works well but isn't too intense. And I only use basic shaders for other things like a little vibrance for more color.

That clarity shader seems to do very little but it destroys FPS.

Naarmight

When are the leaderboards reset? It seems I am in the top 2k in EU Duos, mainly getting carried by my friend, certainly notice the difference at the start of the season I was getting wins with 10 kills, now I am getting carried by my friend and having 0 kill wins....

jeffc919

When are the leaderboards reset? It seems I am in the top 2k in EU Duos, mainly getting carried by my friend, certainly notice the difference at the start of the season I was getting wins with 10 kills, now I am getting carried by my friend and having 0 kill wins....

Twitter:
The leaderboards will reset on Oct 10th 11AM KST / 4AM CEST / Oct 9th 7PM PST with 24 hours of unranked matches before tracking resumes.

dh4niel

The further I get into a game the more my sense of security seems to drop. Which kinda makes sense in a weird way. Area was closing in around the military base with less then 20 people left. Managed to find a small building out if the way with a ton of loot thinking I was safe. Spend a couple of minutes looking around and find a cargo container I don't remember seeing before. I take one step inside and I'm blown away. I felt like such an idiot. Haha.

Thanks! But, what happens if an enemy is 100m and my zeroing distance is 400m

If I aim for the head, does the bullet go over him?

Yes, conceptually, the scope is being angled down so that the barrel needs to be aimed up to target someone. This means the point at which the bullet intersects the crosshair is at a further distance, anything closer and the bullet will be above the crosshair travelling in an arch.

To me that site is kinda "cheat" if it shows times when you should move from circle and all kind of stuff that you cant see in game.
I havent tested it myself yet so say if im totally wrong.
I mean... in what way would it tell you when to move from circle, that you don't already have on your map?

It seems it's *most* useful as a learning tool; you can see what the circle is doing in the map just fine in game. But this lets you see that, over the games, a lot of people found loot in such and such buildings, and that there's ledges over here, etc. Basically just highlighting points of usual interest for people who haven't put in 100s of hours.

Now, it can't pull any actual data from the game, so no actual item locations, or vehicles, or any of that; just "Hey usually a bunch of stuff is here".

Vipu

Banned
I mean... in what way would it tell you when to move from circle, that you don't already have on your map?

It seems it's *most* useful as a learning tool; you can see what the circle is doing in the map just fine in game. But this lets you see that, over the games, a lot of people found loot in such and such buildings, and that there's ledges over here, etc. Basically just highlighting points of usual interest for people who haven't put in 100s of hours.

Now, it can't pull any actual data from the game, so no actual item locations, or vehicles, or any of that; just "Hey usually a bunch of stuff is here".

I have to try this site today just to see is the circle what i think it is. Im sure i saw some site(im sure it was this) that did it.

Anne

That app is definitely too strong of a tool and not something I would want new players to have. There's a reason information in the game works the way that it does. Having a built in timer telling you how safe it is to move? That actually is something that would have been considered cheating in other games I've played.

As a new player, my primary concern would be the way that app gives information. You're not going to understand how to use some of it and make bad decisions based off it half the time.

I guess PoopieQueen said it wasn't a bannable offense some time ago, but I'm still not a fan.

Top Bottom