• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

fernoca

So...got another preorder costumes. This one as a message directly to the PS3/Vita.
This one seems to unlock the costumes only on the Vita version...not sure.

Quote, the code's here:

Let me know if it works.

EDIT:
Seems it was redeemed by ...someone.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Didn't work for me, code didn't even register. Thanks anyway though! Kind of sad my pre-order costumes had that PS3-only issue, more sad that there hasn't been a real fix yet.

Think I'm going to have to drop Toro at this rate. >< But good games.

No, don't do that! Just try to use his Level 1 more instead of always attempting his Level 2. You can usually get a kill on an enemy who's waking up, so long as you time it right.

And yes, those were some very good games. You have no idea how nervous I got during that last game; I nearly had an aneurism when you popped your Level 3 :)

Haha, yeah, among all of my problems trying to get kills with level 1 is definitely my biggest problem for both. Of course I don't really dislike Toro but man I hate all of his supers. XD

I was just grateful to even reach level 3, your throwing game has improved so much it's ridiculous!

And out of curiosity, in that Sackboy vs Sir Dan match was there a moment where you stopped moving? I assume it's lag but I kept trying to throw you and you were standing completely still and nothing was happening. Online. -_-

Ah yes, and since this is an All Stars thread, maybe someone can help me. I want Toro Let's Party! (Hong Kong version) but the only place I can find is Ebay selling it for 76.99. Anyone know any cheaper places that aren't sold out or is the game seriously out of print?

sn00zer

So...got another preorder costumes. This one as a message directly to the PS3/Vita.
This one seems to unlock the costumes only on the Vita version...not sure.

Quote, the code's here:

Let me know if it works.

Didnt work for me unless someone already grabbed it

Host rage quiting is so annoying.

EDIT: Kinda discourages me to play more....I'm going ham in a game of ranked match just for host to quit 20 seconds before the match is over. Thanks a lot!

The Lamp

This game only gets more fun. I've learned to love the supers gameplay formula. I really think Sony has a special game here... If only people knew about it.

Haha, yeah, among all of my problems trying to get kills with level 1 is definitely my biggest problem for both. Of course I don't really dislike Toro but man I hate all of his supers. XD

I was just grateful to even reach level 3, your throwing game has improved so much it's ridiculous!

And out of curiosity, in that Sackboy vs Sir Dan match was there a moment where you stopped moving? I assume it's lag but I kept trying to throw you and you were standing completely still and nothing was happening. Online. -_-

Thanks! Your compliments mean a lot to me!

Yes, there was one point in the game where you were side-throwing me repeatedly, and Sir Dan's model glitched and folded into itself, freezing me in place until you had drained 1.5 bars of meter from me. It was very bizarre.

My Spike wasn't too bad eh? Haha I'm trying so hard to main him

Yes, your Spike was very methodical. You had me figures out in just two lives!

Am I doing okay with Sir Dan? I know I play him a little bit cheaply, but whatever works I guess.

By the way; secret hidden taunt: crouch while facing away from the screen in Heihachi's fundoshi costume. Your opponent will be too busy vomiting to fight you.

Yes, your Spike was very methodical. You had me figures out in just two lives!

Am I doing okay with Sir Dan? I know I play him a little bit cheaply, but whatever works I guess.

By the way; secret hidden taunt: crouch while facing away from the screen in Heihachi's fundoshi costume. Your opponent will be too busy vomiting to fight you.

Best Sir Dan I've seen. That level 1 is the most frustrating thing to be killed by haha

Vysetron

Neo Member
Hey Scrafty, we should play sometime! I love seeing good Dan, and I play him a bit. Mostly a couple other characters though.

Best Sir Dan I've seen. That level 1 is the most frustrating thing to be killed by haha

Thanks! I suppose that Seth DID say Sir Dan was a character "for trolls" :p

Hey Scrafty, we should play sometime! I love seeing good Dan, and I play him a bit. Mostly a couple other characters though.

You're on, man! I'm busy pretty much all this week due to finals and family stuff, but next time I'm available I'll shoot you a message. What's your PSN ID again?

witness

Played a lot of this last weekend, and totally loved it. My wife really liked this game as well, she's a super casual gamer, and so far only plays fat princess. I just call out to her when to hit R2 for her super, and put the AI on the easiest difficulty lol. I am really excited to bring this to my dads for Christmas and play this with my two younger brothers (20 and 12). Should be amazing.

Now just give me DLC. I'm hoping for Snake, Mega Man, and Ezio especially. I also think EA should play ball and let some of their characters be used (Isaac, Shepard, Prophet). Hell get Lara Croft in there to, and some sort of Final Fantasy characters. Some Resistance rep, Hale or a Chimera, should be added as well from Sony titles. The potential is limitless, and there are so many possibilities.

Sackboy is useless now. Jesus. Kratos can get to his lvl 3 in under a minute still... Sackboy takes forever

I know it seems like SuperBot can't win no matter what they do, but in their attempt to nerf Sackboy (which needed to be done), they went too far and totally killed off his effectiveness. He literally went from desperately needing a nerf to desperately needing a buff in the space of a single patch. He can join the ranks of low-tier damnation with Jak now. I'm collecting all the trophies on the Vita version now, and going through Arcade mode, it astounded me how crap Jak still is and how utterly unfun he is to use. How has this not been addressed yet?

And don't even get me started on Kratos.

bakedpony

I know it seems like SuperBot can't win no matter what they do, but in their attempt to nerf Sackboy (which needed to be done), they went too far and totally killed off his effectiveness. He literally went from desperately needing a nerf to desperately needing a buff in the space of a single patch. He can join the ranks of low-tier damnation with Jak now. I'm collecting all the trophies on the Vita version now, and going through Arcade mode, it astounded me how crap Jak still is and how utterly unfun he is to use. How has this not been addressed yet?

Ideally, the beta probably should had have rotating characters in order to determine who needed nerfing and balancing.

The Lamp

My friend is infuriating with Ratchet. Gets his level 1 usually within 10 seconds, :( Ratchet has annoying long range attacks lol

Did they really nerf sackboy that much? I said damn.

I have to agree. Sackboy's patch went too far. I didn't see a reason to increase the cost of his Super 1. This filters out a lot of Sackboy players, but I'm guessing it also turns a lot of willing players off to pick someone easier. His super gain was downright silly, but now it's too punishing. I felt this was from the start, but didn't want to complain about it much, but I'm glad others feel the same way.

Add +5 to his jelly attack, reduce the cost of his super 1. His super 3 is the only real problem. I want to use him a lot more, even main him, but I dislike the emphasized playstyle (and Im too in love with Sweet Tooth). I'm going to go back and try to practice with Sackboy and try to combo and play up close. That's the one thing I enjoy with using and dominating with Sweet Tooth. People think he sucks and underestimate him with their Kratos' and Raidens.

Interestingly, a couple Jak players are on top of the leaderboards (alongside a lot of pre-patch Sackboys, Kratos, and Raiden). I wish they brought back even just half of the older Jak they had in the demos. That Jak was badass.

Also, Sir Dan NEEDS super buffing. Seriously, I just feel so bad for him. He deserves a hit confirm super 1 over any other character, and his super 2 needs to send those missiles out a lot faster. For the love of goodness, slow down enemies caught in the Super 3 radius.

What annoys me is how obvious it was that the Sackboy nerf was going to be too much. The minute I read what they were doing I knew it was going to make Sackboy almost useless.
But I guess now I can main Spike. Nobody is gonna nerf him haha

Leezard

I'd rather see a character be too weak than too strong actually, since them being too strong will ruin the games of people not playing the character.
I think Sackboy can have the cost of his lvl 1 super reduced as well, that super was never the problem.

Ran rp

Just had my last final of the semester so I'll probably start playing again soon. It looks like the thread has slowed down a bit since launch/the tourney though.

Vysetron

Neo Member
You're on, man! I'm busy pretty much all this week due to finals and family stuff, but next time I'm available I'll shoot you a message. What's your PSN ID again?

Chuftbot is my PSN handle. I'm wrapping up finals as well, so whenever, haha.

Also, regarding Sacko. Not gonna say I told GAF so, but...yeah.

Well at least Sackboy player rates crashed lol.

Yea it's ridiculous. I literally haven't seen ONE sackboy since the patch (except for me -- like three times). He used to be one of my mains, now I never touch him.

They could have just either: reduced the duration of his level 3 significantly or increased bubble speed and reduced the duration a bit.

But nerfing his AP gain SIGNIFICANTLY and increases the amount of AP needed for levels SIGNIFICANTLY is insane, they destroyed him.

The bouncing ball gives you TEN AP! The animation takes like 5 seconds to do (and can be easily interrupted/missed)... meanwhile kratos chain grab into easy combo gives him half a level. I don't get it. Are they contractually obligated to make Kratos insanely powerful? I feel guilty when I play as him...

People are seriously unhappy with the new Sackboy? Hmm, I dunno. The only thing that's weird to me is nerfing Jam Session to 10 AP. It's so easy to see coming, and if the person blocks that's only 5 AP gained. When I was playing with Scrafty last night I had no problem getting to level 1 because I was comboing. Use your electric pad or the up throw to create combo opportunities, as limited as they are.

I do think Sackboy's AP requirements make sense. Level 2 and 3 are seriously good, and his AP gain requirements are the same as many other characters. The only change I would make at this point is buffing up Jam Session again. With all of the crying for a Sackboy nerf it's kind of amusing to see people say that it's too much now. -_-; Superbot can't win.

People are seriously unhappy with the new Sackboy? Hmm, I dunno. The only thing that's weird to me is nerfing Jam Session to 10 AP. It's so easy to see coming, and if the person blocks that's only 5 AP gained. When I was playing with Scrafty last night I had no problem getting to level 1 because I was comboing. Use your electric pad or the up throw to create combo opportunities, as limited as they are.

I do think Sackboy's AP requirements make sense. Level 2 and 3 are seriously good, and his AP gain requirements are the same as many other characters. The only change I would make at this point is buffing up Jam Session again. With all of the crying for a Sackboy nerf it's kind of amusing to see people say that it's too much now. -_-; Superbot can't win.

Psht, I never cried that Sackboy was too good. Maybe his level 3 was a little too good, but he didn't need an entire nerf. His level 3 is almost impossible to get now (one throw (against sack) almost takes half the AP of a level 2), yea you can somewhat get to his level 1 and perhaps get some OK kills w/ it (as a really good sackboy player), but he can't compete w/ the crazy gods/ninja's w/ swords.

Well I'm not saying you were but a lot of posters here (and in other places of course) were whining about Sackboy and how they couldn't wait for him to be nerfed. I don't know if Superbot is willing to stray from their 150-400-750 AP template. But to me it's really amusing to see people feel that Sackboy's been nerfed too much.

The only problem i had with sackboy was the level 3 respawn as a bubble. Take that away, move his AP requirements up slightly and he's fine.

Leezard

I still feel Sackboy is in a way better position now than before. People might be overreacting to the nerfs as well, seeing as there haven't been that much time since the patch. That said, I don't feel like the lvl 1 super was the problem. His incredible ap gains and great lvl 3 super was.

OmegaZero

GAAAAH
Rachet keeps throwing me. I was stuck in a throw loop until I lost most of my AP.
How would I get out of that?

Rolling in either direction doesn't work.
Delay getting up doesn't work.

Is teching possible?

Grinchy

Banned
I got the game right before the Sackboy nerf patch. I played a ton of solo stuff and challenges because I wanted him to be my main. I got online and was doing relatively well. Then the patch came and the character just felt like a complete uphill battle to use online.

I gave up. I plan to pick a different character to main with now. It's just frustrating that they nerfed the shit out of Sackboy so readily, yet the easiest AP builders remain untouched.

Any tips for dante?

Learn to empty cancel, never use his Triangle moves for anything other than cancelling, and never use his Level 2 in 1v1 unless you do it from up triangle cancelled immediately into down circle (requires spacing and timing; you'll know when you're doing it properly).

Learn to empty cancel, never use his Triangle moves for anything other than cancelling, and never use his Level 2 in 1v1 unless you do it from up triangle cancelled immediately into down circle (requires spacing and timing; you'll know when you're doing it properly).

What is empty cancelling/ That's when you press triangle to cancel your attack right?

Top Bottom