• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

OmegaZero

What is empty cancelling/ That's when you press triangle to cancel your attack right?

Up-triangle > angle dash in opposite direction > square.
It allows you to rapidly cancel into your Level 1 or other attacks.

EDIT:
Any tips for dante?

Master empty canceling as it will make you much more dangerous.

Try starting out combos from midair, with triangle > angel dash > forward-square, or by hitting someone with the second hit of his forward-square combo and continuing on the ground.
His standing ground combo leaves him wide open, and Dante can't turn mid-combo, so try and combo from a counter or up-throw when you can. Avoid just throwing square out there.

In FFA, you'll want to use high time to combo someone high in midair above the fray. Here's a good air combo, starting from high time (his main launcher):
Up-square (on ground) > square, square > up-square > triangle > forward-circle > up-square > forward-triangle > up-circle.

Use his down-circle attack when you want to attack from medium range. Avoid triangle attacks unless the target is pre-occupied or unless you're trying to bait them into a counter (pressing circle while shooting someone).

Angel dash+ high time in midair is good for closing in on an escaping projectile spammer and pinning them to the ground.

TheMink

You can tech ratchet's throw, it's pretty much the easiest one to tech :p

tumblr_lw7y801z0x1qks4mg.gif

Sorry for the double post, but that was an absolutely brilliant game, SmithnCo. Probably the most intense I've ever played ^_^

Wish I could play more, but finals and uuuuuuuuughhhhhhhh

SmithnCo

Sorry for the double post, but that was an absolutely brilliant game, SmithnCo. Probably the most intense I've ever played ^_^

Wish I could play more, but finals and uuuuuuuuughhhhhhhh

My hands were getting tired after that one, at least I manged one lucky cake super, lol.

My hands were getting tired after that one, at least I manged one lucky cake super, lol.

It quickly became apparent that my Level 1 would not work any more, so I was left with one option: go Precursor on you. Thankfully, I managed to hoverboard and Disruptor spam my way to victory.

You are exceedingly good at hit and run; I'll give you that. I was struggling to hit you with anything that wasn't an AoE attack and your meter kept steadily building...

SmithnCo

Jak's AoE is pretty good, he'd probably be a lot better in other match types if they buffed his other projectiles, he's kinda like a short-range keepaway character, compared to Radec and others.

I think my smash skills transferred over to this game. I love it ^^;;

However that only works with some characters.

So GAF we ever going to have a ladder/Tournament? I think finals are almost over for most people.

Host rage quiting is so annoying.

Hell yeah it is, although you're able to predict when it's going to happen atleast I am.

I wonder how hosting works in this game. Like say you're in a 2v2 or any match where they're are 4 players. Does it automatically change host if one leaves(usually the case if in a 2v2 one player runs out of stock early)? Sometimes it seems like it just disconnects but I'm not sure completely sure.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Eh I'll go hop in training mode right now and figure something out then I guess haha

Would be greatly appreciated. There's a couple that are just too unlikely to pull off... for instance bouncing them off the wall into the lvl 1, and then another which only works on bigger characters such as ST.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Would be greatly appreciated. There's a couple that are just too unlikely to pull off... for instance bouncing them off the wall into the lvl 1, and then another which only works on bigger characters such as ST.

:/ cant find anything, though I did find 2 140 ap combos lol

Oh jeez, how about Nariko's level 2? So horrible.

Seconded. But I don't think it is as bad as people think it is...Same for Sir Dan's level 2.

Also random question, but does Spike's down square only hit confirm into his level 2...sometimes? Or on some characters? It's frustrating
Gonna jump on now if anybody wants to play some

CoLaN

I'm really considering about picking this up, but since i would like to play it mostly online...heres the question: are there a lot of people playing it/do you get games going quickly or is it a bit... dead?

SmithnCo

I'm really considering about picking this up, but since i would like to play it mostly online...heres the question: are there a lot of people playing it/do you get games going quickly or is it a bit... dead?

Ranked is usually pretty quick, but I wish more people played quick match, it seems to take noticeably longer to get into one of those. Which is a bit of a shame because that's where you can play stock and whatnot. But it's far from dead, there's always people playing.

Then you're not using him right.

Anybody have hit confirms for Parappa's level 1 yet?

Is he the only character in the entire cast I'm not using right then? Because I can make decent headway with everyone else, even the likes of Sir Dan and Toro (he's my main). But Jak seems so crap in comparison he sticks out like a sore thumb. There's just no AP gain with any of his weapons.

Sir Dan's lvl 2. A competent player could easily dodge it

If you pull it off at the right time, with a character or two directly above to get hit by the main beam, it can be very effective. Does depend on the stage though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is he the only character in the entire cast I'm not using right then? Because I can make decent headway with everyone else, even the likes of Sir Dan and Toro (he's my main). But Jak seems so crap in comparison he sticks out like a sore thumb. There's just no AP gain with any of his weapons.

Lets play I'll show you why he's fucking annoying :p

SmithnCo

It seems most level 3's are useless because there are relatively easy confirms into level 1/2 for most of them. FP's 3 just sucks too, so you mostly have to rely on her others which are fairly easy to dodge.

AAK

Haven't played this game in a while... but how is Jak viable in any mode? His lvl 1 seems ridiculously hard to combo into, and his lvl 2 is telgraphed from a mile away.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Haven't played this game in a while... but how is Jak viable in any mode? His lvl 1 seems ridiculously hard to combo into, and his lvl 2 is telgraphed from a mile away.

As I said to others play me and I'll show you. His level 1 is pretty much an SRK move

SmithnCo

His AoE attack is quite good and you can change its direction in the air (found that out the hard way lol). Down circle, I think?

His one seems to come out fast but you need to be right next to people which is iffy for Jak... Unless there is a hit confirm.

AAK

As I said to others play me and I'll show you. His level 1 is pretty much an SRK move

I haven't played as much but whenever I did I would hardly classify its hitbox at SRK's leve., but yeah, it won't mind getting some games in. Will you be on in like 40 min?

Top Bottom