• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Moofers

Totally hooked. I got my Sweet Tooth at lvl 198 and will be crossing into 200 tonight. Fucking LOVE the different strategies that unfold for me based on the stages. This really turned out to be a lot deeper than I ever expected. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Man I really really really wish I could swap L (block/dodge) and R (Supers) on Vita.
Anyway I can contact SuperBot and hope my dreams can come true?

I love to constantly dodge/block, but it's uncomfortable doing this on the left side when I use that so much more than the Super which is a one shot thing.

SmithnCo

Man I really really really wish I could swap L (block/dodge) and R (Supers) on Vita.
Anyway I can contact SuperBot and hope my dreams can come true?

I love to constantly dodge/block, but it's uncomfortable doing this on the left side when I use that so much more than the Super which is a one shot thing.

You really can't swap those on the remap menu? Weird.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It seems most level 3's are useless because there are relatively easy confirms into level 1/2 for most of them. FP's 3 just sucks too, so you mostly have to rely on her others which are fairly easy to dodge.

For the most part yeah. I'd say Sly, radec, nariko, sackboy, and Drake's are worth it.

Oh jeez, how about Nariko's level 2? So horrible.

Nah not if you time it right

Sweet Tooth's Level 2.

This is the worst by far, not even close.

:/ cant find anything, though I did find 2 140 ap combos lol

Thanks for the attempt.... it seems his lvl 1 is near impossible to confirm. He would be perfect if there was an easier lvl confirm.

SmithnCo

For the most part yeah. I'd say Sly, radec, nariko, sackboy, and Drake's are worth it.

The Coles too, because they have easy confirms into 1, and at least Good Cole has a good level 2.

For Nariko's 2 I guess you have to do it from afar or confirm it somehow because if someone dodges around you, it's pretty much over.

Totally hooked. I got my Sweet Tooth at lvl 198 and will be crossing into 200 tonight. Fucking LOVE the different strategies that unfold for me based on the stages. This really turned out to be a lot deeper than I ever expected. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

The official NeoGaf Games of the Year Voting Thread will be making an appearance soon I guess. I wonder what position PASBR will end up at when all the votes are counted. Somewhere between 20 and 30 I'd wager.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Coles too, because they have easy confirms into 1, and at least Good Cole has a good level 2.

For Nariko's 2 I guess you have to do it from afar or confirm it somehow because if someone dodges around you, it's pretty much over.

It's got a big blast radius, just don't do it when they're directly in front of you, also it can spin around. I'm not saying it's good, just saying there are worse. Again Sweet Tooths level 2 is not only the worst lvl 2 in the game, but arguably the worst super period.

SmithnCo

Sweet Tooth's 2 could use a faster startup, because I think if you detonate the missile immediately you could get a bit of an AoE. Might make it not totally shit, at least.

So apparently Sir Dan's Level 2 has a limited vertical range :/

It just cost me a match. Such BS.

Haha was that the one with me?? I actually thought I would avoid it up there, but I was airdodging at the same time so that may have had something to do with it. Never the less our Spike v Sir Dan bouts are tense

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pretty good example of me getting blown up by lag LOL

*air dodge get hit air dodge get hit air dodge get hit* *air dodge shitty super gets hit*

Hey Jstein and Scrafty, sorry for not accepting your matches, I was practicing against a friend. I've got a tournament next Saturday and I want to do well. Maybe on Thursday we can play? You guys would both make good training partners for my Sackboy!

I absolutely STEAMROLLED Qis and Scrafty with my Toro. Poor bastards didn't stand a chance :3.

When the hell is Sony gonna fix vita users appearing offline when they are in fact online? Giga annoying.

whitehawk

Banned
Okay so I just experience a cool glitch. After a 2vs2 online match, when I returned to the lobby I had the 3rd costume for Kratos that you're supposed to get if you pre-ordered the game. But I didn't pre-order the game. Of course of I re-selected kratos, I had no option to choose that costume. Weird. But I played the next game with that 3rd costume.
I'm online. Can I get invited too?

PSN: AAK0924

EDIT: Can we invite Ukawok to our session Qis?
I'm gonna stay online, invite me when you get a chance.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Okay so I just experience a cool glitch. After a 2vs2 online match, when I returned to the lobby I had the 3rd costume for Kratos that you're supposed to get if you pre-ordered the game. But I didn't pre-order the game. Of course of I re-selected kratos, I had no option to choose that costume. Weird. But I played the next game with that 3rd costume.I'm gonna stay online, invite me when you get a chance.

sent a request

I absolutely STEAMROLLED Qis and Scrafty with my Toro. Poor bastards didn't stand a chance :3.

When the hell is Sony gonna fix vita users appearing offline when they are in fact online? Giga annoying.

lol lag had a lot to do with that.

That reminds me, I gotta add you and see this Toro in motion! I really want to learn how to use him better!

That reminds me, I gotta add you and see this Toro in motion! I really want to learn how to use him better!

Spam scorpion and generally play like an asshole :lol. I'm not really that good with Toro, I still haven't bothered to learn any real combos and just mostly stay in the ninja stance.

The steamroll part might be a lil exaggerated lol.

lol lag had a lot to do with that.
Sure it did buddy ;).

whitehawk

Banned
God damn ratchet. That move where you suck them up, shoot them at a wall and use your level 1? God damn is it annoying. Worst part is I often will roll to doge it, be on the other side of you when you are using the vacuum, and it STILL sucks me up.
LLShC.gif

Still having fun though.

AAK

God damn ratchet. That move where you suck them up, shoot them at a wall and use your level 1? God damn is it annoying. Worst part is I often will roll to doge it, be on the other side of you when you are using the vacuum, and it STILL sucks me up.
LLShC.gif

Still having fun though.

I think it's cause of the lag. On your system you went behind him, but on his system you're still facing him so the vacuum worked on his system and I presume that took priority.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LLShC.gif

Still having fun though.
You cant roll away from throws lol

whitehawk

Banned
I think it's cause of the lag. On your system you went behind him, but on his system you're still facing him so the vacuum worked on his system and I presume that took priority.
Yeah I figure it's the lag.

Also I hate you guys and you're projectiles. You're worse than the Killzone players who just snipe the whole game
KuGsj.gif
By the way... I thought throws were unbreakable, but you were getting out of them. How do you that?
Don't remember doing that. But if I did perhaps it was the parry move with Kratos (just circle by itself when standing).

Spinluck

Add me Frank. I must see this Toro.

Mrp7792-X.

Also, just some random thoughts. If they do make a sequel. It cannot live or die by supers, it is a really exploited system.

whitehawk

Banned
Oh come on Qis. What the hell was that
KuGsj.gif

That vacuum is impossible to get out of. Maybe it was the lag, but I would hit you, and then after I would get sucked into the vacuum without any animation.

Honestly though that was really annoying.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh come on Qis. What the hell was that
KuGsj.gif

That vacuum is impossible to get out of. Maybe it was the lag, but I would hit you, and then after I would get sucked into the vacuum without any animation.

Ratchet vs Heihachi is the worst match in the game LOL I can literally just mash out throws and he cant really do shit

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally opened my vita. Anyone playing the vita version of this? I have a code. Not sure if I should sell or what.

I browsed through this thread and noticed people wanting buffs for Jak....Wut?

Just because he's hard to use, doesn't mean he's not good...I think he's actually very viable IMO once in the right hands. (In 2v2 and FFA)

And I'm sad that my best ranked match ratio online with all the three characters I use (Sly Cooper, Spike, Ratchet) is Sly, the easier one to win with (by far). Surprised that out of all the Sly's I encountered online, not that many use his counter like I do lol....and like it's the best counter in the game by far. Super good!

Top Bottom