• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

They will give us Isaac's and Zeus' DLC costumes and calls that a day.

Alternativly they will give us marketing character DLC.

Of course they couldtry to mess up the game more by not doing anything to Kratos and buffing Raiden.

But seriously, you think we will get more trophies/trophy fix for DLC?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I bought the game as I enjoyed the beta. I'm getting reasonably killed online. Too bad there isn't a 1vs1 matchmaking system.

krpiper

So I was looking through my games and I kinda forgot that I had this...

1. Is the online "fixed" as the last time I played was near launch?

2. Do people online still abuse Kratos and I can't think of the other characters off the top of my head

3. Worth jumping back into?

So I was looking through my games and I kinda forgot that I had this...

1. Is the online "fixed" as the last time I played was near launch?

2. Do people online still abuse Kratos and I can't think of the other characters off the top of my head

3. Worth jumping back into?

1. Define "fixed". It doesn't time out as much anymore, but since people are still the hosts, you will get rage quitters who ruin the game for everyone.

2. Yes. Still overpowered. Not too many Raidens, but maybe one too many Coles.

3. It's still decent if you play with some friends you actually know so there's a lower chance of rage quitting. But the characters are no where near balanaced, so if that's a turn off, I'd keep clear of online.

krpiper

1. Define "fixed". It doesn't time out as much anymore, but since people are still the hosts, you will get rage quitters who ruin the game for everyone.

2. Yes. Still overpowered. Not too many Raidens, but maybe one too many Coles.

3. It's still decent if you play with some friends you actually know so there's a lower chance of rage quitting. But the characters are no where near balanaced, so if that's a turn off, I'd keep clear of online.

Fixed as in near launch there was lots of DCs and lag I believe? and the leaderboards were broke? or maybe it was the belt system

and all my friends quit playing this to go back to brawl

Belt system is mostly fixed, still not good enough in my eyes, it needs better matching so people near or at the same skill level play each other. The titles on the other hand, still are not completely fixed. They are working on that though.

Also lol. With the balancing issues and the sometimes game-breaking patches put out, I don't blame them.

KalBalboa

Banned
If we got new costumes & trophies I'd be happy.

New characters? Thrilled. New stage, equally pumped.

I'm expecting another balance patch along with costumes.

Belt system is mostly fixed, still not good enough in my eyes, it needs better matching so people near or at the same skill level play each other. The titles on the other hand, still are not completely fixed. They are working on that though.

Also lol. With the balancing issues and the sometimes game-breaking patches put out, I don't blame them.

I'd say its too harsh. how many of us have lost 15 points because other guy errors? >_>

And speaking of which my god why does Sir Dans lv 1 cost 125 AP? And why does Spikes lv 1 cost 125 when Heihachis lv 1 costs 100 AP? And why is Jaks 125 AP?

Why is it so goddamnhard to dodge Zeus' level 3 attacks. Its guarenty 5 kills. Why havent they still touched on Kratos Raiden and Kat? And why does Isaac feel cheap because he doesnt function properly as if he wasnt finished good.

Honestly, they cant do anything to fix this. They would have done it already otherwise. :/

Skyzard

Banned
If we got new costumes & trophies I'd be happy.

New characters? Thrilled. New stage, equally pumped.

I'm expecting another balance patch along with costumes.

Shit I'm hoping they add new modes that are like side-scrolling beatemups for the various characters. Maybe some mini-games. SP of course, co-op might just be asking too much.

Arcade 2. Ground-breaking lol.

Skyzard

Banned
"At the moment" bodes well for new characters, imo.

I'm thinking Cloud, Crash and or Spyro. They know that's what killed them and that's what would bring them back, if it's worth it to them, which I'm hoping they think it is. They must have found out how much by now...

haha sorry, just dreaming :p They're probably drumming up support for the sale.
<|:'(

Still, anything new would be awesome really.

Whatafak

I actually got my titles! After 3 months break??

THANK YOU!!!

There wasnt even need for patches. So whatefak has caused us not getting titles before??? >_>

Aceun

I keep having this weird dream where a free to play version of All Stars appears on the PS4 and surprising characters/levels are revealed at e3 and available for purchase.

Am I going crazy? Or did I just have too much cake.

Step

I wish all the silence is because this E3 Sony is like "So guys wanna play some All Stars... On PS4!!!!" then loud music and All Stars Armaggeddon(lame name haha) is revealed ft. on disc demos for FFvsXIII and TLG.

Imagine the first thing announced on E3 stage.... Crash and Spyro. That would be the reason why no news, they would have been working on them. The reason it would be first announcement is that so they could get PS3 stuff out of the way.

.... Who am I kidding....

I still kinda feel like making nerf/buff lists but should I bother at this point?..

Whatafak

I actually got my titles! After 3 months break??

THANK YOU!!!

There wasnt even need for patches. So whatefak has caused us not getting titles before??? >_>

Gasp, so did i. I haven't played ranked since end of february and gave up hope on ever getting the titles. That's something at least. Now give us more characters, stages & fixes, SSM. It would be a shame to let that Gravity Rush stage go to waste. ;)

Protome

Imagine the first thing announced on E3 stage.... Crash and Spyro. That would be the reason why no news, they would have been working on them. The reason it would be first announcement is that so they could get PS3 stuff out of the way.

.... Who am I kidding....

I still kinda feel like making nerf/buff lists but should I bother at this point?..

The only PS All Stars news you'll see at E3 is when Sony say it's being added to the PS+ IGC. :p

TheMink

Geeez, y u no taaalk.

I'll help. Behold; my ultimate buff/nerf list(for now)!

http://puu.sh/2O8mj.png

http://puu.sh/2O8mQ.png

http://puu.sh/2O8ny.png

Lol at those Dante buffs, 1.5 bonus to guns? Hello 250 AP combos!
Also switching sides while slashing with the lvl 1 would be so OP haha

Also, you took out Dantes hit confirm but forgot to take out Raidens 4 :(

Edit: not sure a 0.5 startup increse will cut it. Also kinda lazy to just increase the time of the super startup. Hate that kind of nerf.
I would just have side square not cause a butt drop, and decrease the recovery time of it so it could be comboed of. Just not the super.

Lol at those Dante buffs, 1.5 bonus to guns? Hello 250 AP combos!
Also switching sides while slashing with the lvl 1 would be so OP haha

Also, you took out Dantes hit confirm but forgot to take out Raidens 4 :(

Yeeah I dont main Dante so I dunno what to do to him. Many say he sucks so. . . Yeah.

Dont worry about Raiden. Lets just give his lv1 starting lag so huge that no kill confirms >:D Fair punishment for being OP for so long. . .

TheMink

Yeeah I dont main Dante so I dunno what to do to him. Many say he sucks so. . . Yeah.

Dont worry about Raiden. Lets just give his lv1 starting lag so huge that no kill confirms >:D Fair punishment for being OP for so long. . .

Huh, i would say top tier easily. But hey, havent played in a while.

Hahaha yeah that sonovabitch

Aceun

I'll speak to my mains:

Fatty P
-movement shouldn't be slowed down, nor should she gain super armor
-agreed with level 3 cost and duration
(add) eliminate land lag on level 2 super

Jak (oh boy)
- disagree with the AP change on forward triangle, but they should reinstate the eject
- either there is an AP boost or a faster recovery (not both)
- down triangle just needs to be longer, AP is fine - i wonder if they should add a charge to determine how far it goes
- STRONGLY disagree with peacemaker effect, it should stay a stun
- neutral circle wall bounce? agreed
- level 1 100AP cost? agreed
(add) either eliminate delay on mass invertor or eliminate recovery
(add) reduce delay on neutral triangle/arc reactor and increase KB
(add) reduce recovery on needle laser

Come to think of it even more now, Dante's guns could use range buff. They would have patchetic damage but good range perhaps?

I'll speak to my mains:

Fatty P
-movement shouldn't be slowed down, nor should she gain super armor
-agreed with level 3 cost and duration
(add) eliminate land lag on level 2 super

Jak (oh boy)
- disagree with the AP change on forward triangle, but they should reinstate the eject
- either there is an AP boost or a faster recovery (not both)
- down triangle just needs to be longer, AP is fine - i wonder if they should add a charge to determine how far it goes
- STRONGLY disagree with peacemaker effect, it should stay a stun
- neutral circle wall bounce? agreed
- level 1 100AP cost? agreed
(add) either eliminate delay on mass invertor or eliminate recovery
(add) reduce delay on neutral triangle/arc reactor and increase KB
(add) reduce recovery on needle laser

I just want Fat P to be slow because it makes no sense that Fat person is not one of the slowest characters. :p

Lenght of down triangle should same as Ratchets? :p
Peacemaker change is the only way to give it AP. In their (stupid) rules, all stuns should only give 5 AP max. Strongest weapon of Jak 2 reduced to patchetic stun weapon? No thank you.
Did I forget to add up circle buffs? D'oh! Wel, either make it faster or give its original range.

TheMink

Come to think of it even more now, Dante's guns could use range buff. They would have patchetic damage but good range perhaps?

I just want Fat P to be slow because it makes no sense that Fat person is not one of the slowest characters. :p

Lenght of down triangle should same as Ratchets? :p
Peacemaker change is the only way to give it AP. In their (stupid) rules, all stuns should only give 5 AP max. Strongest weapon of Jak 2 reduced to patchetic stun weapon? No thank you.
Did I forget to add up circle buffs? D'oh! Wel, either make it faster or give its original range.

If you use dantes guns independently, youre doing it wrong.

I know people want his guns to "do something" but his guns are the sole purpose he can dish a 204 AP combo.

If you use dantes guns independently, youre doing it wrong.

I know people want his guns to "do something" but his guns are the sole purpose he can dish a 204 AP combo.

Hey hey hey! I use them while in level 3 :p

But they could use range buff at the least. Existing only to be a mean for combo is.... ummmm... well they should do little bit more.

Then again Dante is my 2nd least used character, so yeah. :u

TheMink

Hey hey hey! I use them while in level 3 :p

But they could use range buff at the least. Existing only to be a mean for combo is.... ummmm... well they should do little bit more.

Then again Dante is my 2nd least used character, so yeah. :u

Yeah, range would help his level 3 game considerably.

If the guns did slight hitstun that would be a nice mixup for a combo starter though...

I think it's over guys, time to pack it in. Unless SSM has something planned in the next couple of weeks I think this game will fade into the blackness.

It's been almost 2 whole months with not so much as a mention of something new. I'm honestly thinking we won't even see a new balance patch at this point.

I think it's over guys, time to pack it in. Unless SSM has something planned in the next couple of weeks I think this game will fade into the blackness.

It's been almost 2 whole months with not so much as a mention of something new. I'm honestly thinking we won't even see a new balance patch at this point.

Theory time!

I believe it was confirmed that SuperBot worked on DLC before release of game but obviously it was finished only after the game was released. Now that they cut ties with SuperBot, SSM only started doing DLC from March onwards. So basically they are not ready at all.

So if my calculations are right we should get news from July and onwards. . . .

You gotta believe!

...In the mean time we could talk about something else.

SmithnCo

Mm hm.

nviTmXJ.jpg

Here lies PSASBR.

In the developers' eyes, that's exactly what it means.

But what about in players eyes?

On the side note I really want to do Tier List because why the fuck not.

Is Smash tiers counted by tournament results or in what advantage are characters when facing other characters?

Then again it might be too hard for PSAllStars to make proper one...

SmithnCo

It's just hard to be excited when there is nothing going on with the game. There may be randoms playing but that's not as fun as with a community, which on gaf is dead as dirt. Plus I get tired of the same strategies constantly from random high tiers, the patch really didn't shake things up at all in that regard.

It's just hard to be excited when there is nothing going on with the game. There may be randoms playing but that's not as fun as with a community, which on gaf is dead as dirt. Plus I get tired of the same strategies constantly from random high tiers, the patch really didn't shake things up at all in that regard.

I suppose so..... Oh well...

I wonder why they didnt bother nerfing Raiden & Kratos. (Atleast they tried with Sly and Drake.)

Its amazing really. Kratos' up square on ground does 20 AP but air up square does 30 AP. Ridicioulus. I cant believe they were so biased...

From what I heard Sakurai wasnt nearly as biased with Kirby franchise. Cursed SSM.

Top Bottom