• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Other genres? It could work. (Just dont do karting, imagine the rip-off talks >_>)

I'd also think people maybe could be more tolerant if PS All-Stars was a series that uses Playstation characters in all kinds of genres.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/silico...er-from-segas-yakuza,516e3919d7fc7b5670b550e7

So it's okay to appear in a Japanese golf game, but an American fighting game is off limits? I am so salty right now.

As much as i'd love to have him in PSASBR, i don't see what the problem is in this. I don't exactly feel slighted by his inclusion in Everybody's Golf and i don't remember anyone from Sega saying they don't want him in PSASBR. With Yakuza not exactly doing big numbers in the west he probably wasn't on top of the third party characters wishlist for the devs (or the publisher, i'm sure Superbot didn't have free reign on this), even if i personally think he deserved a spot on the original cast. But that's no reason to be upset about his inclusion in another game. If anything i'm looking forward to it, since i've really enjoyed Everybody's Golf World Tour.

Absolutely nothing is really happening here. Sigh.

Oh and here's a question for you.

Since New Dante is a bad character(not how he plays, rather than what he is as a character), I want you to come up with a character that could have been better replacement. Only catch is that character should be fitting rival for Nariko aswell.

And go!

Aceun

Juan - Gaucamelee
LOL! Only cuz I'm OBSESSED with that game right now.

On a more serious note, I don't think new Dante is a bad character. I actually appreciate new Dante's sensibilities a lot more than original Dante.

Lara would have been fun to see and I think you could have made her different enough from Nate.

Since New Dante is a bad character(not how he plays, rather than what he is as a character), I want you to come up with a character that could have been better replacement. Only catch is that character should be fitting rival for Nariko aswell.

And go!

New Dante's here. Get used to it. I love his redesign, but I know I'm in the minority.

Also, fuck Zeus. That is all.

As much as i'd love to have him in PSASBR, i don't see what the problem is in this. I don't exactly feel slighted by his inclusion in Everybody's Golf and i don't remember anyone from Sega saying they don't want him in PSASBR. With Yakuza not exactly doing big numbers in the west he probably wasn't on top of the third party characters wishlist for the devs (or the publisher, i'm sure Superbot didn't have free reign on this), even if i personally think he deserved a spot on the original cast. But that's no reason to be upset about his inclusion in another game. If anything i'm looking forward to it, since i've really enjoyed Everybody's Golf World Tour.

You have a good point. However, lack of knowledge and sales should not keep a character out--after all, we have Emmett in the roster. I feel disappointed that for whatever reason Kiryu did not make the roster in the first place. It would've served to introduce western gamers to Yakuza like it did for the other games and characters in the roster. I've never played Hot Shots and have no intention to, but I'll admit this is just me being frustrated about a roster that personally lacks characters I'm interested in.

J-Tier

No new patches or characters and the most barebones online will do that. Seems like most people moved on. Was fun while it lasted though.

Yeah, I moved onto Injustice. I'd be hanging around here more if Sony Santa Monica is actually doing something for this game. But they're not.

Superbot is gone, and SSM is more worried about Ascension and newer projects.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No new patches or characters and the most barebones online will do that. Seems like most people moved on. Was fun while it lasted though.

Sorry. I sold mine a couple of weeks ago and I don't really miss the game much. I was addicted to the game but when I sold it so I went back to UMVC3, Persona 4 Arena, and Brawl/Melee. Now I'm having a blast with Injustice. It's fun for now.

Edited: I'm still following this thread just for a miracle.

I'm mostly waiting for Smash Bros, but of course that'll be like two years away. SAKURAIII

I just hope it won't be the situation where the game releases in 20 fucking 15 and the online is still worse than cancer.

Who am I kidding it's gonna happen anyway :(.

99% of my time with PSASBR was online and I played it way more than Brawl thanks to online that at least worked on some level.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm mostly waiting for Smash Bros, but of course that'll be like two years away. SAKURAIII

I just hope it won't be the situation where the game releases in 20 fucking 15 and the online is still worse than cancer.

Who am I kidding it's gonna happen anyway :(.

99% of my time with PSASBR was online and I played it way more than Brawl thanks to online that at least worked on some level.

I think it will release somewhen during 2014 because they can't keep Namco-Bandai away from their own projects THAT LONG.

I really hope that Namco-Bandai would help Nintendo to have better online modes.

And go!

Completely ignoring the fact that I wanted Lightning in this game more than any other possible character...

Lightning. I mean, she actually would be a great rival for Nariko, too.

EDIT: Or Monkey, because he and Enslaved are awesome, and Ninja Theory rivalry and all that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

This has really been a problem with a few games this generation. A game starts off with a really great base and then it just steadily declines.

This game really continuously got worse. It started with the character glitches, the bizarre nerfing and buffs. The severe balancing issues, the connection glitches, the title glitches, the season glitches, etc. etc.

I haven't played for a while so I can't comment if it's changed or not, but when I played the last patch, and Raiden got a buff, and yet they nerfed jak, nariko, and parappa?! And Kat's hitboxes were still broken, Good Cole was still stupidly powerful, so on so forth. Just bizarre decisions all over the place.

New Dante's here. Get used to it. I love his redesign, but I know I'm in the minority.

Also, fuck Zeus. That is all.

To be fair, I would have hated even original Dante to be here. I'd beat a dead horse if I'd say that this game could have used some better third party reps.

Oh and speaking of Smash Bros, I heard an awful thing about it but im not sure if its true. Can someone say if this is true:

Do you jump with up-button in Smash?

BeastM0de

Neo Member
How much longer do you think this game would have lasted if it had 1v1? 1v1 and working titles would have gotten a few more months from me.

I still like to play but when you can't play 2v2 ranked if no one is online(not that ranked means anything) and there is no 1v1, it just takes the wind out of your sails.

To be fair, I would have hated even original Dante to be here. I'd beat a dead horse if I'd say that this game could have used some better third party reps.

Oh and speaking of Smash Bros, I heard an awful thing about it but im not sure if its true. Can someone say if this is true:

Do you jump with up-button in Smash?

You can choose between pressing up or a different button to jump. I've always preferred pressing up to jump in Smash, and I play Smash so often that pressing X to jump in All-Stars really threw me off a lot at first. I'm more used to it now, but I still wish they'd included an option to press up to jump in All-Stars... I think it'd make me a little better at the game, haha.

Camjo-Z

How much longer do you think this game would have lasted if it had 1v1? 1v1 and working titles would have gotten a few more months from me.

I still like to play but when you can't play 2v2 ranked if no one is online(not that ranked means anything) and there is no 1v1, it just takes the wind out of your sails.

I doubt 1v1 would have done anything, most people would probably stop playing it once they realize top tiers become even more broken when they're the only thing you have to face. The real problem is the awful balance that they refuse to fix for some reason.

You can choose between pressing up or a different button to jump. I've always preferred pressing up to jump in Smash, and I play Smash so often that pressing X to jump in All-Stars really threw me off a lot at first. I'm more used to it now, but I still wish they'd included an option to press up to jump in All-Stars... I think it'd make me a little better at the game, haha.

Wait what. I cant imagine pressing up being better. Wouldnt it mix-up up-attacks?
But thats just me.

And why does people think 1v1 would have helped? Imagine the Kat, Raiden, Sly madness. No place for Big Daddy and certainly not Radec.

Balance is only issue because they showed they can actually do something. But they wont.

Id like to talk about buffs/nerfs but at this point its silly and meaningless. :/

SmithnCo

Wait what. I cant imagine pressing up being better. Wouldnt it mix-up up-attacks?
But thats just me.

Kinda, but if you ease the stick it doesn't jump so you could do an up attack. Of course, you could also do an up smash attack for which the timing is generous. I used to use the stick to jump but I'll probably switch to a button for the next one.

As for 1v1... I still think it would've been a nice option. Even with severe buffs, characters like Big Daddy still wouldn't have a chance, but it would be worth it to play some matches where a Kratos can't rely on his reach to just spam everyone who is in a combo.

Aceun

I haven't touched All Stars in a while, but after beating Guacamelee it's time to jump back in.

Anything I should look out for? Specifically, which character is terrorizing the all star battles. I don't want to be caught off guard by a newly discovered spammable move.

Separately, are things dying down because a lot of the FF crowd are playing through Injustice?

Gotta say I tried it, and it was not for me. Which is a bummer, because I love all those characters.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So, I'm on the bus today, and I fire up All Stars (I haven't played it a bit since I've been playing Guacamelee), and I have my music playing, and suddenly, the music pauses when I get into the game! Did they remove custom soundtracks or something? I've always been able to listen to my own music while I play, and for some reason, I can't now. It's fricking lame if this isn't a bug. I love the music in All Stars, but I like listening to my own fighter mix songs as well.

Also, Guacamelee made me long for two things:

1) Juan should be in PlayStation All Stars. His moveset is awesome, and he'd be a lot of fun.

2) I'd love to see a Metroidvania style PS All Stars game, where, instead of your character just leveling up and gaining new abilities (which they would still do), you rescue PS All Stars, and use their abilities to access areas you couldn't earlier. You could swap in and out parties of characters on the fly, teleporting in the ones you need for the area or as support to aid in fights. The game design would be 2D (much like current All Stars and Guacamelee), and instead of just rooms, each area would be modeled after a PlayStation world, and the bosses would be bosses from those worlds. The visuals could be a more stylized version of what we have in All Stars already.

Camjo-Z

Anything I should look out for? Specifically, which character is terrorizing the all star battles. I don't want to be caught off guard by a newly discovered spammable move.

Separately, are things dying down because a lot of the FF crowd are playing through Injustice?

Kratos, Raiden, Sly, and the Coles are the ones to look out for these days, since you'll see at least one in every match, all of them are just as OP as they were since the game came out, and none have gotten nerfs of any worth. And although I'm sure Injustice has made some people drop the game I'd guess it's also due to the fact that SSM refuses to say anything about future DLC or balance patches, and a lot of people are getting tired of playing a broken game with nothing to look forward to.

1) Juan should be in PlayStation All Stars. His moveset is awesome, and he'd be a lot of fun.

"He doesn't have a big budget game to promote so unfortunately he is out of the running. However, we hope you enjoy playing as Ares and the guys from Army of Two when they arrive next month for the premium price of $9.99 each!"

Kratos, Raiden, Sly, and the Coles are the ones to look out for these days, since you'll see at least one in every match, all of them are just as OP as they were since the game came out, and none have gotten nerfs of any worth. And although I'm sure Injustice has made some people drop the game I'd guess it's also due to the fact that SSM refuses to say anything about future DLC or balance patches, and a lot of people are getting tired of playing a broken game with nothing to look forward to.

"He doesn't have a big budget game to promote so unfortunately he is out of the running. However, we hope you enjoy playing as Ares and the guys from Army of Two when they arrive next month for the premium price of $9.99 each!"

Cmon, be fair. They nerfed Sly's level 1. You can now interrupt it. Thats amazing nerf. Thou i guess its meaningless because Cole and Raiden got buffed(and now Cole is definately almost Top Tier).

And personally I dont want Guacamelee character either.
Bitter about no Patapon character in this game.

Cmon, be fair. They nerfed Sly's level 1. You can now interrupt it. Thats amazing nerf. Thou i guess its meaningless because Cole and Raiden got buffed(and now Cole is definately almost Top Tier).

And personally I dont want Guacamelee character either.
Bitter about no Patapon character in this game.

Sly's invisibility, counter and disappearing act still make him a bit too powerful. I was really expecting some game changing buffs/nerfs in the last update; I thought that as soon as SSM got it, they would balance the hell out of it, but that hasn't happened.

I'm still upset that Jak, arguably one of the least powerful characters, got nerfed in a way that almost makes him useless. Meanwhile Kratos, Cole, Kat, and Zeus dominate with little to no effort.

I agree with you about the Guacamelee character though. It would be pretty pointless to include anyone who wouldn't be SURE to bring in some more players.

I'm still upset that Jak, arguably one of the least powerful characters, got nerfed in a way that almost makes him useless. Meanwhile Kratos, Cole, Kat, and Zeus dominate with little to no effort.

Pre-patch I used to think that Jak was pretty decent actually. That forward triagle made him surprisingly competent.

Post-patch I now think that he truly sucks. Even with forward circle and level 2 buffs, forward triangle nerf was too much.

:(

SSM should make it 8-8-8 aka 24 AP atleast...

Camjo-Z

Cmon, be fair. They nerfed Sly's level 1. You can now interrupt it. Thats amazing nerf. Thou i guess its meaningless because Cole and Raiden got buffed(and now Cole is definately almost Top Tier)

If you think Sly isn't still broken then you should probably try fighting Heroicmoises, the "best" PSAS player on GameFAQs. He's literally impossible to beat because there's no way to touch an expert Sly player. He can teleport around all of your moves because he's invincible as soon as he activates it, he can camp his mine like Isaac to keep you at bay, he can counter anything at any distance, and he can quickly spam his barrel to continuously explode, reflect projectiles, and stay in the air SIMULTANEOUSLY. Oh, and don't forget that invisibility.

I thought that as soon as SSM got it, they would balance the hell out of it, but that hasn't happened. I agree with you about the Guacamelee character though. It would be pretty pointless to include anyone who wouldn't be SURE to bring in some more players.

Dood, why would they support a game with a solid foundation like PSAS when they can support Ascension's throwaway multiplayer mode instead!

Also why don't you Juan to see him ;__; He'd have a sweet luchador moveset! And he can turn into a chicken! Let's see Joel & Ellie do THAT...

Gorillaz

SSM doesn't give a shit. You can tell. Of course they wont nerf Kratos I mean lets be honest he is like a son to them basically lol

I kind of wish Naughty Dog developed it instead since I know they were one of the ones that really wanted to be apart of it

If you think Sly isn't still broken then you should probably try fighting Heroicmoises, the "best" PSAS player on GameFAQs. He's literally impossible to beat because there's no way to touch an expert Sly player. He can teleport around all of your moves because he's invincible as soon as he activates it, he can camp his mine like Isaac to keep you at bay, he can counter anything at any distance, and he can quickly spam his barrel to continuously explode, reflect projectiles, and stay in the air SIMULTANEOUSLY. Oh, and don't forget that invisibility.

Dood, why would they support a game with a solid foundation like PSAS when they can support Ascension's throwaway multiplayer mode instead!

Also why don't you Juan to see him ;__; He'd have a sweet luchador moveset! And he can turn into a chicken! Let's see Joel & Ellie do THAT...

Sly is definately Top Tier.
S Rank.
Top 4.
But I dont consider him that cheap. Sure there are some guys who are ridicioulus with him but thats skill. Id say that worlds best Sir Dan player would also dominate you aswell. Besides, Kratos and Raiden frustate the fuck out of me with their AP gain. Sly is one of the best, but Id let them nerf Kratos and Raiden more importantly.

SSM is ridicioulusly biased company. Ofc GoW gets their attention. Id say that when they are bored of that (maybe) in july or sth maybe then theyll do sth for PSallstars...

Juan is from new game hence marketing character. And no, coming from good game is a bad excuse, coughBigDaddycough. I also think this game is bit too western. I want some japanese flavor in mix.

Pre-patch I used to think that Jak was pretty decent actually. That forward triagle made him surprisingly competent.

Post-patch I now think that he truly sucks. Even with forward circle and level 2 buffs, forward triangle nerf was too much.

:(

SSM should make it 8-8-8 aka 24 AP atleast...

Yeah. Jak was a force to be reckoned with Pre patch. The only thing that was holding him back was his Lvl 2. I mean seriously, he has no "get off me" move anymore, now he can just sit back and watch and hope to get a few hits in when noone is looking.

I'm still a beast with him, but I'd be a monster if his forward triangle was 8+8+8+8+ect.

Yep, that Ascension MP will get more love from SSM than PSAS can ever hope to.

The only reason I don't want Juan is the same reason I didn't want Big Daddy or Issac. Sure te people who already have both games would like him, but that's not what SSM wants, they want more people playing/buying the game. And I don't think Juan is a game-seller in the same way someone like Lara Croft, Cloud, Sora or Crash would be.

That's how the get you.

I really would like to know if SSM thought that last patch was good enough and never touch the game again. If so, that's sad, it's so close to being a competent fighter. It's like one balancing patch away.

Aceun

Funny thing is that the patch notes for jak seemed pretty promising before they actually happened lol :p

This.

Oy - Jak has no defensive maneuvers anymore. In a lot of ways, his approach is less predictable but everything else falls apart.

If someone attacks, he has very little to respond to/keep the pressure off. The only benefit of Jak post patch is his buffed level 2.

Not Jak related, I also really don't like the adjustments to dodging. Air dodging is not as immediate as it used to be and you can't dodge roll into a block whereas you could before. This makes it downright impossible to deal with the "Never Stop Attacking" Kratos.

It's still fun, but I feel like I'm always making excuses for it. It's gotten to the point where I'm not frustrated when I lose unfairly because I've come to expect it. That's not good.

Top Bottom