• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Boy, they're really tight-lipped on Twitter, aren't they? Wonder what they're thinking over there. I hope the daily fan-bitching they endure goes some way towards telling them that lots and lots of people really care about this game.

Camjo-Z

Welp, my internet randomly cutting out is my cue to leave. Good matches though, except for the ones with Raiden in them. Because they sucked. Bad. I hate Raiden.

So sad that nothing at all is going on with this game anymore. I actually believed SSM had plans to support it going forward... maybe that was too hopeful of me. I'm still hoping they prove me wrong, but the way they've continue to let the game languish with all the problems it has... man. I just don't see how that's okay.

I mean, I don't personally give one hoot about titles, but the fact that they simply haven't worked since the game's launch and it's somehow considered okay over there that they STILL don't work... that just speaks volumes to me about how much Sony and SSM really care about All-Stars. That wouldn't fly for something like Street Fighter, after all.

So sad that nothing at all is going on with this game anymore. I actually believed SSM had plans to support it going forward... maybe that was too hopeful of me. I'm still hoping they prove me wrong, but the way they've continue to let the game languish with all the problems it has... man. I just don't see how that's okay.

I mean, I don't personally give one hoot about titles, but the fact that they simply haven't worked since the game's launch and it's somehow considered okay over there that they STILL don't work... that just speaks volumes to me about how much Sony and SSM really care about All-Stars. That wouldn't fly for something like Street Fighter, after all.

Maybe its because SF's fans are much more devoted, and there are more of them. One of the reasons they can ignore this game with little to no repercussions is because we (as a fanbase) don't make enough "noise", possibly.

I'm still holding out hope that SSM will do one more balancing patch, one that nerfs Kratos & Zeus hopefully and buffs Jak. Then they can call it a day, because I don't think any amount of DLC characters will make people want to play this game after so many have said how unbalanced it is.

SmithnCo

Yeah, I don't think I've gotten titles since the second tourney. They are useless, of course, but still. If I had gone for black belt or something I'd be peeved.

I hope for another balancing patch but I don't know if I'd pick it back up even then... This game has kinda dropped off my radar since the last patch.

TheMink

I kinda feel like its shame this game wasnt made for PS4.
If was being saved for PS4 they would have had like 5 new unique playstation IPs to put in the game.

(Puppeteer, Knack, Tearaway, Ni No Kuni....)

I mean it would have been way better for the games success imo.
Plus it would be a sweet game to kickstart next gen with.

If was being saved for PS4 they would have had like 5 new unique playstation IPs to put in the game.

Considering how Heavy Rain made so much money, imagine how much would cheap budget title like this profit! So Sony will most likely do sequel or sth in the future. :D

You gotta believe :'(

I don't know why but whenever I play this game randomly and someone activates a level 3 I just cut it off. The supers only kill is really annoying.

I don't know why but whenever I play this game randomly and someone activates a level 3 I just cut it off. The supers only kill is really annoying.
So. You're one of those people huh.

While I can't say I love the game, it has kept me coming back. Its fun to play online for an hour or two since it doesn't require any kind of commitment. I can honestly say that I've played it more than I have played Brawl in the last 2 years.

Would'be been amazing for the social aspects of the PS4, too.

Aceun

Yup, wouldnt have to be like check out this combo!

1-2-d1-2-u2-3-d3

I could just show you

I'd be down for an All Stars PSN re-release on the PS4 for this feature alone.

Honestly, they can repackage the game, polish up the UI, add 1 or 2 old school characters, add additional content like an audio and video gallery, and make it a PS4 digital launch title.

And heck if they really needed to, add Knack to the roster.

TheMink

I'd be down for an All Stars PSN re-release on the PS4 for this feature alone.

Honestly, they can repackage the game, polish up the UI, add 1 or 2 old school characters, add additional content like an audio and video gallery, and make it a PS4 digital launch title.

And heck if they really needed to, add Knack to the roster.

Hehehehe i wish i tell you the inflection i that read in.
It started perfectly reasonable then it got hilarious.

"I mean all theyd have to don is repackage it change the UI add FREAKING CRASH AND SPYRO YO aaaaand i mean Knack to while they are at it" :p

Looking back on the sheer madness that was potential character hype for this game, I'm floored by the amount of dream rosters that wanted guys like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Gex. How about we focus on Crash, Abe and Spyro before worrying about the D-listers, guys? :)

might as well start a petition for fuckin' Rascal, lol.

Aceun

Hehehehe i wish i tell you the inflection i that read in.
It started perfectly reasonable then it got hilarious.

"I mean all theyd have to don is repackage it change the UI add FREAKING CRASH AND SPYRO YO aaaaand i mean Knack to while they are at it" :p

LOL you were standing behind me when I wrote it weren't you

Sol1dus

What's wrong with my PS3 game. Whenever I hit online game it locks up my ps3 and I have to do a hard reset. I deleted all the game data and installed all the patches again, nothing works. Really pissing me off.

Keenly waiting on new dlc news...

ilxzhVx.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
It would be a total waste of an IP to not keep it going imo :S Unless they have an imminent sequel planned which seems unlikely for now.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just had a great night playing FFA with my roommates.

Man, this game can be real fun some nights, especially with 3 or 4 people playing locally.

http://www.reddit.com/r/psbattleroyale/comments/1d6ew1/psasbrssm_occupy_twitter_2013/

I just figured I'd pass this along. The redditors are trying to get some other online communities together to "occupy SSM". The goal is to get some word from SSM.

They could care less atm, they are in a weird place right now. A lot of them got laid off and they are doing massive gearing up for a new project as well as some other stuff, this is like a non-existent project in their minds atm. (from what I've heard/seen)

jwk94

Well, it's been fun I guess. My roommates play the hell out of this. I haven't really played much since Kat dropped.....even though it's my game -_-

In a bored attempt of trying to get sth to talk about, I measured most of the characters horizontal range of their level 1s.

This does not include Radec, Isaac and Zeus. Reasons include obvious long range and I dont have their DLC.

I measured using Practise stage 1 squares. Practise stage has 18 squares total, so that can give you impression of their range.

Remember, Horizontal range.

Kratos; 10 squares

PaRappa: 3-4 squares

Fat P: 6 squares

Sweeth Tooth; 5 squares

Sly; 11 squares

Drake; between 0-4 Drake cant hit. Range starts from 4 and max range is 12.

G.Cole, E.Cole; 3 squares front and back.

Ratchet&C; 7 squares

Jak&D; 1.5-2 squares front and back.

Big Daddy; 8 squares

Heihachi; 5 squares

Dante; 9 squares

Nariko; between 0-4 Nariko cant hit. Range starts from 4 and max range is 9.

Raiden; 6 squares front 2 squares back.

Sackboy; 3 squares front

Sir Daniel; 5 squares, but obviously can only hit if enemy is in air.

Spike; 4 squares

Toro; 7 squares

Kat; 6-7 squares

Emmet: Pistol; 9 squares
Cannon; 14 squares
Shotgun; 4 squares

In a bored attempt of trying to get sth to talk about, I measured most of the characters horizontal range of their level 1s.

This does not include Radec, Isaac and Zeus. Reasons include obvious long range and I dont have their DLC.

I measured using Practise stage 1 squares. Practise stage has 18 squares total, so that can give you impression of their range.

Remember, Horizontal range.

Kratos; 10 squares

PaRappa: 3-4 squares

Fat P: 6 squares

Sweeth Tooth; 5 squares

Sly; 11 squares

Drake; between 0-4 Drake cant hit. Range starts from 4 and max range is 12.

G.Cole, E.Cole; 3 squares front and back.

Ratchet&C; 7 squares

Jak&D; 1.5-2 squares front and back.

Big Daddy; 8 squares

Heihachi; 5 squares

Dante; 9 squares

Nariko; between 0-4 Nariko cant hit. Range starts from 4 and max range is 9.

Raiden; 6 squares front 2 squares back.

Sackboy; 3 squares front

Sir Daniel; 5 squares, but obviously can only hit if enemy is in air.

Spike; 4 squares

Toro; 7 squares

Kat; 6-7 squares

Emmet: Pistol; 9 squares
Cannon; 14 squares
Shotgun; 4 squares
And once again, Jak gets the shaft.

I just realized, we never got that next batch of DLC costumes that Seth teased awhile back, did he? The ones he said included "some of his favorites?" They at least must still be coming.

You know what we also never got? The Zeus, Isaac, Kat, Emmett arcade mode trophies, and Sir Dan's "use a Level 3 super on Graveyard" trophy. What the hell is up with this game and its production?

SmithnCo

I just realized, we never got that next batch of DLC costumes that Seth teased awhile back, did he? The ones he said included "some of his favorites?" They at least must still be coming.

You know what we also never got? The Zeus, Isaac, Kat, Emmett arcade mode trophies, and Sir Dan's "use a Level 3 super on Graveyard" trophy. What the hell is up with this game and its production?

Never got the Gravity Rush stage SSM was working on either. :/

Skyzard

Banned
Hopefully it's just a temporary lull...

Who is responsible for directing/funding SSM? Sony right? Guess they're the ones we need to convince to keep support up until a sequel.

It needed more advertising, better timing, more characters (less bad word of mouth) and better single player modes (less focused on the fighting, which is much more thought-out. It's still very fun and the closest thing we'll get to smash (which is undoubtedly a popular franchise, even when if it doesn't sell) if you're not buying a Wii U/ 3DS version. Although who knows how much it would cost them to make some new dlc for the game for a few more months. Meh :( Would have been remembered if the game had great support when making a sequel, and help kept current sales going with a healthy online community-> word of mouth.

They did mention they were discussing what to do with the game earlier, was that before the layoffs?

I want to say "yes", but I'm not 100%.

Either way, the fact that there has been absolutely no news since those two came out does not bode well at all.

Well I traded this in yesterday and got Fire Emblem Awakening and Naruto Powerful Shippuden. It was a fun time PSASGAF. It was nice to play an SSB fighter with online that was...uh...better in some ways than Brawl. If the franchise does get another chance, I hope for a big improvement. Until then, have fun guys.

Well I traded this in yesterday and got Fire Emblem Awakening and Naruto Powerful Shippuden. It was a fun time PSASGAF. It was nice to play an SSB fighter with online that was...uh...better in some ways than Brawl. If the franchise does get another chance, I hope for a big improvement. Until then, have fun guys.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet brother. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Enjoy Awakening, and use Gaius for me.

Top Bottom