• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Fun fact, according to Maj, "Patch 1.11" was actually just a bunch of emergency code fixes set up by Superbot in case something like 1.10 ever happened (which it did).
SSM hasn't done shit for this game, in other words

Now now, they have atleast said that they wont do DLC for this game.

:>

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member

ralph-heartbreak.jpg

It's really a shame that the game didn't catch up more. It would have been REALLY cool to have a really expanded crossover fighter with absolutely huge roster from big and small developers alike as reasonably priced DLC. And the only one who can accomplish that IMO is a console manufacturer effort. So basically PS All-Stars clearly had (and still has) that potential but alas the sales were not enough to put any priority to expanding the project. Nintendo will not do it with Smash so who knows if we ever see a game like that. Maybe it is Microsofts time to do a Xbox Battle Opera? :lol

https://twitter.com/LucidGamesLtd/status/362113795100913664

Jacob Jones devs said they'd be up for Jacob and Biggie in PSAS. *sigh*

2 new marketing characters that no one gives a shit about? Woopty doo...
Oh wait, did SSM help with those games? Then there might be a chance! xp

Maybe it is Microsofts time to do a Xbox Battle Opera? :lol

I already know the gimmick for it! No health, no percenatge nor supers only, it has brand new system.

You are trying to do as best high score as possible. Depending on how you combo and hit opponents you will be rewarded points. A "gamerscore" if you will. Winner is who has most score at the end of match.

Featuring Master Chief, GoW guy and Rare leftovers. + 3rd party guys. Which take 1/3 of roster at least.

bumpkin

Whoa, looks like PSA BR is part of a Best Buy Gamers Club offer; there's a coupon for $20 off. I'm sure this has probably been asked 100 times (or more), but at $19.99, is this game worth picking up? I'm really tempted to snag it on PS3 for the Vita cross-buy.

Whoa, looks like PSA BR is part of a Best Buy Gamers Club offer; there's a coupon for $20 off. I'm sure this has probably been asked 100 times (or more), but at $19.99, is this game worth picking up? I'm really tempted to snag it on PS3 for the Vita cross-buy.

Do it.

It's worth it. Don't mind what others say. I enjoted the game for what its worth. I play it with my grilfriend and brother occasionally. :)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Absolutely! Unfortunately, the 4 DLC characters and two stages would cost another $20 altogether.

At least they are finally releasing the 3rd party pre-order costumes, and for free no less. However, the fact that we'll never get the GR/Journey stage makes me want to kick a puppy. Well, not really, but it's upsetting. I would trade the other 2 DLC stages for it.

Camjo-Z

I'm guessing this will be the last support PSAS ever sees before it gets a sequel/is quietly swept under the rug, so hopefully they manage to iron out all the balance problems.

sir dan is still going to be f tier

Skyzard

Banned
I have no faith in the balance patch.

Nice about the costumes finally.

Game will die with no new stages or characters. Missed opportunity when Smash flops due to Wii U.

Spinluck

I have no faith in the balance patch.

Nice about the costumes finally.

Game will die with no new stages or characters. Missed opportunity when Smash flops due to Wii U.

A Smash game will never flop, if they continue to release them in the intervals in which they do.

Skyzard

Banned
Smash will sell systems, though.

Like, a million of them.

Maybe, maybe not, many more than a million will want to play it but not buy the wii u and still not care about psasbr, why would they. even free on ps+ won't keep it alive with no more stages or characters. They need a good pr character set and an amazing stage.

Holy shit, SOMETHING?! As long as titles will work 100% I could see (small) future for PSAllStars community.

They better fucking make Jak, Toro, and Sir Dan god tier.

They also need to destroy Kratos, Raiden & Coles.

Making PS4 version would probably be too expensive. Even if it would be direct port...

(Also yay I got 3rd batch of titles)

Aceun

This to me is more exciting than DLC. If the game can achieve solid balancing, workable titles and a refined netcode, I can see it having a great resurgence.

This is especially true if it becomes a PS+ freebie.

The thing that would sweten the deal is an updated UI, but I doubt we'll see that.

There has been huge GOOD glitch(or fix) with titles.

Numerous people, me included, have experienced glitch in which we have gotten ALL GREEN/PURPLE BELT TITLES. I assume it works on belts that you have had, as I after I got my purple belt again, I also started to receive purple belt titles.

Its still not confirmed if this is glitch, or if they actually give us 8 seasons worth of titles, but it definately works.

But honestly, if Seth is not listening us, new patch will probably fuck up as much as last big patch. l:p

Tsunamo

That's a real shame about the DLC, I still think Abe and Dart along with a Gravity Rush/Journey mashup would have been the perfect sendoff for DLC packs. With that said though I'm really happy they're looking to address the title belts, balancing along with costumes and look forward to seeing what comes of the balance changes.

Stantron

I picked up God of War Ascension on the cheap.
It included character DLC for PS All-Stars: Zeus and Isaac Clarke

Quote to reveal

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I picked up God of War Ascension on the cheap.
It included character DLC for PS All-Stars: Zeus and Isaac Clarke

Quote to reveal

Thanks. Guess I'll try the game again with these two and see if it changes my opinion. It probably won't but can't hurt.

Evilisk

and that they potentially lied about it being fake.

Oh yes that's right, SSM denied this too.

I now have absolutely no faith in SSM to deliver on this supposed patch, until they've actually released the damn patch. They've quite literally done nothing but made promises and make up shit when it comes to this game.

Also it's ridiculous how many leaks this game has had. At this point I'm inclined to think it's only a matter of time before that supposed PSASBR MMO is revealed, or Superbot, after their NDA's expire, come out and say that 4chan rumour was true. Seriously Sony, get your shit together.

ST2K

Just wanted to stop in and say I've been lurking this thread since back at launch, and you guys have brought tons of entertainment to my PSABR experience, even though I didn't get to interact with you because I didn't have an account. Thanks.

This last patch is really kind of sad, because it is likely the end of PSABR for the foreseeable future. And I'm 100% sure there will still be balance issues.

Was playing online with a friend tonight on our Vitas. Played a team of Fat Princesses that were just amazing. We got matched up with them a second time, right after the first game. So while the game was loading we told them we should just be friends for that match and not fight.

What resulted was this adorable "Everybody jump on 3" picture

2013-08-19-013603_zpsdaa811cd.jpg

Hey guys Im looking to getting 4 more trophies and all of them have to be with a match made online. I need a couple of you guys to help me out please?
My PSN id is the same as my name here.

Help a Fellow gaffer out here

Top Bottom