• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Hahahahaha, seriously thou this is unfortunately bad idea.

Ok, give the game away from PS+ so that more people play it ergo there is a chance that more people buy DLC. Question. What will they buy?

Useless minions? One or Two stages? Definately not Zeus or Isaac.

Current DLC of this game is not good enough to warranty f2p(ish) model.

There is still hope that current sales of this game and DLC will actually be profitable far in future, but releasing DLC then would be too late.... :/

Kat obviously :3

Skyzard

Banned
There is an opportunity here:

2013, PS4 releases
2014, Smash Bros comes out

In 2014, people also realise they won't get to play Smash Bros because they aren't going to buy a Wii U.

Sony puts PSASBR on PS+ (free basically) ... and also makes it PS4 compatible.

Test the game again with some DLC characters from SM.

Evilisk

Hahahahaha, seriously thou this is unfortunately bad idea.

Ok, give the game away from PS+ so that more people play it ergo there is a chance that more people buy DLC. Question. What will they buy?

Useless minions? One or Two stages? Definately not Zeus or Isaac.

Current DLC of this game is not good enough to warranty f2p(ish) model.

There is still hope that current sales of this game and DLC will actually be profitable far in future, but releasing DLC then would be too late.... :/

I meant actually doing something for this game (like how they worked on those costumes even if they didn't release them)/supporting with DLC (like with new stages and characters like Dart and Abe) and patches until it went free on PS+

Of course as it is now it's not going to do well lol

I meant actually doing something for this game (like how they worked on those costumes even if they didn't release them)/supporting with DLC (like with new stages and characters like Dart and Abe) and patches until it went free on PS+

Of course as it is now it's not going to do well lol

They literally just said they cant do that. :(

I do like the idea of PS4 version. Imagine, Super-Duper-Cross-Play across 3 systems! They could release that in small price / give it free for PS4 owners with PS+. They wouldnt even need to update it at all. Just release it there. Im sure that would increase games sales legs.

And for the love of god, if they are gonna support this games online, give us our titles! I have only gotten 2 batches of titles! !"#¤%

KalBalboa

Banned
500px-GravityRush_01.jpg

500px-Journey_Mashup.jpg

Have we all seen these? The Journey/Gravity Rush stage?

This game really should have been so much more. What happened?

Not enough development money which lead to developer problems. And those we have discussed before.

Also that BG wouldnt be that bad, juts replace art with current ones.

Sigh... Now stage is gone as well? I wonder how finished that was...

SSReborn

This game really should have been so much more. What happened?

Budget and Time Restraints.

Sony should of held off with this game until PS4 would have been a way smarter move imo. Would have also gave the devs a bunch of time to polish up everything and add loads of content.

Aceun

That UI looks so dynamic and action packed. Reminds me of the intro which still gives off such a "PLAYSTATION" vibe to me

Sounds very non Sony to me and I very much doubt Superbot would be ok with this. Also the pitch video we have seen and cocepts ect.

This sounds just silly. I can imagine Ueda being like ''costumes in a cute game? Cool''. Not ''lol you can choose ANY game where u want to use dem but can choose only ONE! Did I mention you own these characters lol?''

Also I do not believe every character was supposed to be free for 2 weeks. I think it makes sense for the first few to be so for early adopters and somewhat smallish roster at launch.

The Ico thing I'm thinking is pure crap, because of the SotC movie being made by the maker of the Legend of Frigging Chun Li! A fighting game would definitely not do as much damage as that guy could! They were probably too busy "working" on TLG or...whatever...to answer the request for Ico or Wander.

Are there other games like this/Smash bros? Why are there so few? Any coming up?
Help me gaf!

Up next to probably be completely destroyed by Smash Fanboys
http://www.screwattack.com/video/Ca...e-game-like-Air-Dash-Online-succeed--12119780

Air Dash Online.

So I bought a used PS3 and this game was on the harddrive. Decided to try it out, and it's pretty damn fun! I have one concern though. When I'm in the main menu and I go over to multiplayer, it says "Season: 10 days left" or something like that. What does that mean? Is online multiplayer behind some paywall and I have 10 days left? :S

So I bought a used PS3 and this game was on the harddrive. Decided to try it out, and it's pretty damn fun! I have one concern though. When I'm in the main menu and I go over to multiplayer, it says "Season: 10 days left" or something like that. What does that mean? Is online multiplayer behind some paywall and I have 10 days left? :S

Old fans realise that it means absolutely god damn nothing. XD

But seriously, it simply means how many days left until leaderboards reset. Depending on how you do in Ranked matches, you can earn special title cards for you.

Duderino

Up next to probably be completely destroyed by Smash Fanboys
http://www.screwattack.com/video/Ca...e-game-like-Air-Dash-Online-succeed--12119780

Air Dash Online.
Hi, Chris here, the 3D/Tech Artist on the team. I've had a pretty big role on the project so far from character and environment modeling to shader programming. Anyways, I fully expect there to be a segment of Smash fans that can't relate to a platform fighter without Mario and the crew. It's a bit different of a scenario from PSABR however. We're indie, have no mascots, and come from and consult with the Smash community. Our approach and goals, as a result, do deviate from Superbot's. Time will tell how people react, but do keep in mind we're operating with a much lower overhead. That means we can define our success along separate lines.

I'm with JStein0222, there are way too few platform fighters out there for how many people enjoy the genre. The demand is certainly there for more than one standout release every 6 years. Also, I don't ever want to see the genre live, die, or be soley defined by a single franchise. It's part of the reason I hold a lot of respect for Superbot and the Platstation All Stars team. Who knows, if Sony decided to fund a sequel and not part ways, perhaps I would be working with them today. They were infact the first studio I applied to after Backbone closed. Today though, I am very happy to be working on a team with the right experience to pull from.

Aceun

Hi, Chris here, the 3D/Tech Artist on the team. I've had a pretty big role on the project so far from character and environment modeling to shader programming. Anyways, I fully expect there to be a segment of Smash fans that can't relate to a platform fighter without Mario and the crew. It's a bit different of a scenario from PSABR however. We're indie, have no mascots, and come from and consult with the Smash community. Our approach and goals, as a result, do deviate from Superbot's. Time will tell how people react, but do keep in mind we're operating with a much lower overhead. That means we can define our success along separate lines.

I'm with JStein0222, there are way too few platform fighters out there for how many people enjoy the genre. The demand is certainly there for more than one standout release every 6 years. Also, I don't ever want to see the genre live, die, or be soley defined by a single franchise. It's part of the reason I hold a lot of respect for Superbot and the Platstation All Stars team. Who knows, if Sony decided to fund a sequel and not part ways, perhaps I would be working with them today. They were infact the first studio I applied to after Backbone closed. Today though, I am very happy to be working on a team with the right experience to pull from.

Thanks for the post! I look forward to learning more about Air Dash. To your point, there is definitely space for more of these type games (but with a more competitive angle) Best of luck!

And here's to a possible sequel for PSAS one day!

Thank you for echoing my sentiments! Learning about your game now I'm getting pretty stoked!

Hey, good luck with the game. I meant no disrespect at all to you or your team. I really wish there were more Smash-like games out there, but I have little faith that anything other than Smash will be positively received. Here's hoping ADO changes that.

Well, there might be a light at the end of the tunnel PSASBR fans.
http://amog.com/tech/gaming/157414-playstation-allstars-sold-wellseth-killain/

Seth Killain of Sony Santa Monica confirmed that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale “sold well”. The lead game designer also shares his interest in creating another balancing patch. Killain stated that he “would love to take another crack at a little bit of a balance patch… which fans would be excited for.”

In addition, he hinted that “some good stuff” is coming to All-Stars fans.

Did...did we reach SSM? Are we getting Dart?

Camjo-Z

Did this interview actually happen? Person spelt S-Kill's name wrong every time.

Can't find the video link atm (EDIT: thanks zod!) but I watched the interview yesterday, he did in fact say those things. Whether SSM will actually follow up on them is anybody's guess.

They will buff Kratos and release (only) Zeus' already made DLC costume.

Thats it.

But if they are seriously doing something, you have to remember that making stuff for this game takes about 6 months. So expect updates on september or sth.

Evilisk

I'm guessing it's those costumes with a stealth Kratos buff.

Or it's SSM being SSM, and trolling the PSASBR fanbase yet again.

Hopeful side of me is expecting a GOTY Edition (since PSASBR actually did win GOTY) and/or a Complete Edition with all of the compiled DLC (like Mortal Kombat).

I'm guessing it's those costumes with a stealth Kratos buff.

Or it's SSM being SSM, and trolling the PSASBR fanbase yet again.

Hopeful side of me is expecting a GOTY Edition (since PSASBR actually did win GOTY) and/or a Complete Edition with all of the compiled DLC (like Mortal Kombat).

I'm sorry, but if they would call re-release "GOTY" that would be pretty laughable. They'd be better to name it "Super-Stars" edition or sth.

Evilisk

I'm sorry, but if they would call re-release "GOTY" that would be pretty laughable. They'd be better to name it "Super-Stars" edition or sth.

Why? They did actually win a GOTY Award from the DICE Summit (and they're not some no name little thing, or something like some dumb IGN award), it seems to be common for Western games to have a GOTY Edition with all of the DLC packaged in, and it's not like it can't hurt to have on it on the cover.

Also this game already has trophies.

Why? They did actually win a GOTY Award from the DICE Summit (and they're not some no name little thing, or something like some dumb IGN award), it seems to be common for Western games to have a GOTY Edition with all of the DLC packaged in, and it's not like it can't hurt to have on it on the cover.

Have you seen new threads created in gaming section? PS All Stars is fucking DESTROYED in those threads. Even when Yoshida said that All Stars sold well it got destroyed and lamented as disappointing in sales...

Imagine a game that was a HUGE disappointment getting a "GOTY" edition? My god that thread would rip even more new ones for this game.

:(

Also its just one single GoTY nomination. :p

Evilisk

Have you seen new threads created in gaming section? PS All Stars is fucking DESTROYED in those threads. Even when Yoshida said that All Stars sold well it got destroyed and lamented as disappointing in sales...

Imagine a game that was a HUGE disappointment getting a "GOTY" edition? My god that thread would rip even more new ones for this game.

:(

Also its just one single GoTY nomination. :p

It wasn't just a nomination. They actually did win Fighting Game of the Year at the DICE Summit. It's even on Superbot's website (RIP Superbot).

Regardless of GAF's opinion on this game, it won Game of the Year. It qualifies for a GOTY Edition re-release regardless of this game's stigma. Anyone that somehow thinks they can't release a GOTY Edition when it got a GOTY award can suck it :p

Besides its not like the average consumer browsing the games section is going to know that, if anything it might actually help the future of this series. And I think helping the future of an IP that could be so much more, is much better than worrying about internet peeps and their opinions.

It wasn't just a nomination. They actually did win Fighting Game of the Year at the DICE Summit. It's even on Superbot's website (RIP Superbot).

Regardless of GAF's opinion on this game, it won Game of the Year. It qualifies for a GOTY Edition re-release regardless of this game's stigma. Anyone that somehow thinks they can't release a GOTY Edition when it got a GOTY award can suck it :p

Besides its not like the average consumer browsing the games section is going to know that, if anything it might actually help the future of this series. And I think helping the future of an IP that could be so much more, is much better than worrying about internet peeps and their opinions.

I knew that it won it. I just typed nomination accidently lol.

GOTY mention could help this game? I guess...
And if Injustice Gods Among Us gets a pass, then All Stars should too. :p

Aceun

I'd gobble up a GOTY or "super" re-release so fast. Especially if it came with all the DLC and an updated UI. (And Dart ^_^)

What should be changed?

Have any character-specific nerfs/buffs?

I did one for Big Daddy once. just his supers though

Lv1 Little Sister Gather
*Big Daddy's roar acts as a STUN. Little Sister can hit OTG.

Level 2
No Buffs

Level 3
Normal Buffs
*Big Daddy is faster during level 3 animation and can use his plasmids during the animation to kill.*

Also, do you think SSM should let us come up with ideas for buffs/nerfs (a la USF4) or should they do it themselves?

Sir Dan should have all of his sword attacks give 5-10 more AP, his arrow, drumstick toss and hammer smash should have drastically lowered start-ups, and his shield shouldn't crumple him when it breaks.

As for his Supers:

Level 1 should hit fullscreen in the aimed direction. That way, he can counter enemies coming in from the air (arguably his biggest weakness).

Level 2's initial ray of light from the chalice should be lethal, and the orbs that spawn from it should move twice as fast/have better and longer tracking.

Level 3 should last 3 or so seconds longer, and should take half the amount of time it currently does to kill opponents caught in it.

Way too many things to list. But Sir Dan probably needs most buffs.

Just make level 1 aimable horizontally. BAM instant top tier.
Give super armor. He is slow moving chracter without benefits of slow characters. >_>
And better AP gain. His basic 3x neutral square combo should do 40 AP not 30 AP ffs... And improve level 2 and 3 superd as well.
And change shield breaks butt drop to basic hit. And shield lasts 5 hits instead of 3.

EDIT:
Here ya go. Full list.
http://pastebin.com/90iTB61a

beat

I think if SSM does commit to a patch, it would be minor things only if they want to just do one more. Big stuff like what you guys are talking about would almost demand a follow-up patch to fix the unforeseen effects of major changes.

I think if SSM does commit to a patch, it would be minor things only if they want to just do one more. Big stuff like what you guys are talking about would almost demand a follow-up patch to fix the unforeseen effects of major changes.

Oh, you mean like previous big patch?

Badumtss!

64cq.jpg

I know Seth is a great guy and has only the best of intentions (having talked to him in person several times), but PlayStation All-Stars is literally a trail of unfulfilled potential and broken promises at this point. As much as I continue to play this game and enjoy it, it's REALLY hard now to get any sort of hyped for any "good stuff" Seth or anyone else at SSM says is coming. Us PSASBR have all been down this road before -- several times at this point, actually. What's to say this time will be any different?

To reiterate, I absolutely, 110% believe Seth wants to support this game and its community. I have major doubts that SSM at large is or would be behind him on that, though.

Evilisk

Oh, you mean like previous big patch?

Badumtss!

64cq.jpg

I know Seth is a great guy and has only the best of intentions (having talked to him in person several times), but PlayStation All-Stars is literally a trail of unfulfilled potential and broken promises at this point. As much as I continue to play this game and enjoy it, it's REALLY hard now to get any sort of hyped for any "good stuff" Seth or anyone else at SSM says is coming. Us PSASBR have all been down this road before -- several times at this point, actually. What's to say this time will be any different?

To reiterate, I absolutely, 110% believe Seth wants to support this game and its community. I have major doubts that SSM at large is or would be behind him on that, though.

Fun fact, according to Maj, "Patch 1.11" was actually just a bunch of emergency code fixes set up by Superbot in case something like 1.10 ever happened (which it did).
SSM hasn't done shit for this game, in other words

Top Bottom