• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Do you guys think Sony will announce any Vita stuff at this thing?

Price cut, games... anything really to at least acknowledge its existence.

Probably a price cut or something. Remind people about Tearaway and Killzone. There will likely be similar stuff for the PS3 before the PS4 hits the stage as well.

Cesar

Banned
I still vote for this banner for the conference thread
d2MJRe3.png

Tretton's face is perfect.

I don't think there will be any mention of the Vita apart from during the obligatory "evolution of the Playstation brand up until now" section.

Spiegel

It's not about pretending that it doesn't exist. This is the PS4's party. I'm not really sure why some people are expecting announcements for other platforms.

I expect them to talk about the Vita if they have a Gaikai segment and the handheld is going to play a part on that service, at the very least. Just like PSMobile in the last PSMeeting

JoshHood

How likely is it that GTA V gets next gen versions?

Rockstar says absolutely not. So probably, yes.

There was absolutely nothing at the NGP event for any other platform, and that being the last PlayStation Meeting, that's all we really have to go on. However, that was announced as being for the NGP ahead of time - this is just "PlayStation 2013" so there could well be a PS3 and Vita reel or segment I guess.

I expect them to talk about the Vita if they have a Gaikai segment and the handheld is going to play a part on that service, at the very least. Just like PSMobile in the last PSMeeting

That's certainly possible. I'm talking more about announcements that are specific to a particular platform. Like price cuts for the PS3 or Vita. People are forgetting that they're holding a retailer event (Destination Playstation) on the 25th. That would be the place for them to announce something like that.

So, how likely is it that MS will steal Sony's thunder by moneyhatting time exclusives for the Nextbox launch? GTA V sounds like an easy game to get exclusively for MS, and that alone can indeed be quiet devastating.

Seems like a good strategy to combat Sony.

I'm also wondering if MS will match DS4's inputs.

I wonder how quickly MS will try to capitalize on their own announcement after the 20th. With rumours that they are trying to launch ASAP, like in September, how badly would this affect Sony? I am hoping not much, since Sony will likely launch Nov/Dec

Nestunt

I wonder how quickly MS will try to capitalize on their own announcement after the 20th. With rumours that they are trying to launch ASAP, like in September, how badly would this affect Sony? I am hoping not much, since Sony will likely launch Nov/Dec

price becomes a factor then

JCreasy

How relevant is GTA the days with something like Watch Dogs hitting this Fall? No-Sarcasm, Serious question . . .

Also if Durango blu-ray rumors are true, can't Sony just pinch off their supply and force them to launch late, or when Sony decides?

So, how likely is it that MS will steal Sony's thunder by moneyhatting time exclusives for the Nextbox launch? GTA V sounds like an easy game to get exclusively for MS, and that alone can indeed be quiet devastating.

Whether it's GTA or other IPs, have no doubt, hats will be monied. MS can afford to do it, and they'd be foolish not to, to offset some of the advantages Sony have with their first party studios.

Whether it's GTA or other IPs, have no doubt, hats will be monied. MS can afford to do it, and they'd be foolish not to, to offset some of the advantages Sony have with their first party studios.

To think all that effort by Sony could be outdone by moneyhatting big titles like GTA and COD.... It just seems like the perfect move, IMO. Sony spends money with exclusive titles they build themselves, some of them new IPs and some of them names that aren't as mega-popular, but still good, while MS gets exclusivity to mega blockbuster titles that have huge fanbases on PS3.

I dont know if the wider market will fall for a new Killzone or Mm game when GTA and COD are huge titles that are still incredibly relevant today.

I wonder what will happen with Battlefield, as EA seems to be sleeping with Sony, but I doubt they would get moneyhatted by Sony

yurinka

My bets of what are they are going to announce for Vita :
-All PS4 games can be played on Vita using a local streaming from PS4 without lag a la WiiU using a new Remote play.
-All Vita games can be played on PS4 using a local streaming from PS4 without lag using a new Remote play.
-All games streamed to PS4 using Gaikai (so apparently the PS3 games) also would be streamed to Vita online.
-Vita can be used as controlled in all PS4 games, some of them using it 2nd screen shit (VMU, DS, WiiU, Smartglass, LBP2) like maps or secondary menu.
-Other new PS4 digital services announced there like Video Unlimited or the TV remote+guide will be available for Vita too.
-Price cut in the handheld or on its cards.
-No new Vita games announced the 20th, but they say that will be announced in another event some days after.
To think all that effort by Sony could be outdone by moneyhatting big titles like GTA and COD.... It just seems like the perfect move, IMO. Sony spends money with exclusive titles they build themselves, some of them new IPs and some of them names that aren't as mega-popular, but still good, while MS gets exclusivity to mega blockbuster titles that have huge fanbases on PS3.

I dont know if the wider market will fall for a new Killzone or Mm game when GTA and COD are huge titles that are still incredibly relevant today.

I wonder what will happen with Battlefield, as EA seems to be sleeping with Sony, but I doubt they would get moneyhatted by Sony
Sony will get GTA, CoD and Battlefield, new Bungie game and Infinity Ward guys without needing to money hat. So they will spend their money on 1st party games. If somebody wants to pay for maps, or maybe a ton of money for the Infinity Ward game being a exclusive, will be Microsoft.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
-All PS4 games can be played on Vita using a local streaming from PS4 without lag a la WiiU using a new Remote play.
-All Vita games can be played on PS4 using a local streaming from PS4 without lag using a new Remote play.
-All games streamed to PS4 using Gaikai (so apparently the PS3 games) also would be streamed to Vita online.
-Vita can be used as controlled in all PS4 games.
-Other new PS4 digital services announced there like Video Unlimited or the TV remote+guide will be available for Vita too.
-No new Vita games announced the 20th, but they say that will be announced in another event some days after.

Me after the 20th...

VzGqgPe.jpg

tajd

Banned
what are my chances of a ps4 500gb or 1tb,2tb day 1

i will get a ps4 when either of these 3 available

anything less is a waste for me

a 1080p movie is 4-8 gbs blue-ray

720p tv is 550mb web dl
1080p tv is 1.27gb web dl

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I think you're underestimating the fact that MS won't be the only ones moneyhatting this time.

-Vita can be used as controlled in all PS4 games, some of them using it 2nd screen shit (VMU, DS, WiiU, Smartglass, LBP2) like maps or secondary menu.

If Vita can stream expanded content (i.e. PS3, PS2, PSN, PS4??,etc.) as part of PS+ or some upper-level version of the service (PS+++) then that is exciting

A legend of the east.
A competition that went too far.
An untested challenger seeks an unwilling master...to learn the art of an ancient combat.
A combat where to survive you must destroy!!!
For Honor! For Love! For Justice!
Kaz Hirai, the power of a warrior! The heart of a champion!

The%20Kickboxer%203%20-%20Kazified!.gif

Youtube version!!! for much better quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom