• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but will that still be the case with next-gen? =/

Dunno. That game wasn't built from the ground up with 3D in mind, and besides.. PS3 wasn't really cut out for it either. Maybe if someone wanted to build something from the ground up which would look identical to the "2D" version. You lose so much performance from 3D though, with only a tiny % of players actually being able to use it.

Great hint in the Playstation video. "Sony computer entertainment was created in November 16th of 1993".

Fast forward 20 years, you get November 16th of 2013, known as the release date for the PS4.

:)

that falls on a Saturday >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x066DwjQkZs

Why You Should Watch the PlayStation 4 Event at IGN! - PlayStation Conversation

eh, i would, but for a group of playstation fans, they sure shit all over sony at the end of their last 'beyond' podcast.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Guys

sWX2Cuc.gif

Kazify time.

Globox_82

Banned
ah i'd have to go back and listen again but i just remember turning it off because it was getting out of hand, one of them even admittedly pointed out that they felt like they were going to town on sony for too long.

they were also demanding that ps4 be upgradable like a pc which imo is weird.

was this last episode? I think you are over reacting. They tend to say silly things in these prediction just for the sake of fun.

Wow, I think I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have my winter break from school when this is supposed to happen lol.

Can't wait to see what they're gonna reveal, just hope my hype isn't for anything.

ah i'd have to go back and listen again but i just remember turning it off because it was getting out of hand, one of them even admittedly pointed out that they felt like they were going to town on sony for too long.

they were also demanding that ps4 be upgradable like a pc which imo is weird.
From the few times I've ever listened or read anything the PS IGN team have said, I can say that their opinions are legitimately and objectively terrible. Especially Greg Miller. The wish lists they conjured up for PS All Stars was just cringe worthy.

Coolwhip

Banned
The market has changed a lot. We see with the WiiU and it's pathetic sales. Same with Vita.
One of the two (MS or Sony) will have the same fate with their next console. This is why sony needs to deliver and get from the start guns blazing. Don't be cheap, pay for 3rd party exclusives...I still can't believe they let Nintendo take Monster Hunter from them. Considering what that IP did for them in Japan.
Don't let MS take time exclusive or DLC deals on biggest 3rd party games like GTA, COD, etc. If they don't deliver, they are done imo. This time they won't be able to recover from slow start like it was case with PS3.
I am honestly not hyped for this event as I should be. Sony tends to be weird with these events.

Tbh I think Sony has a better chance than MS. Sony botched the start of ps3 completely. They wont do that again and now they're somewhat the underdog. While MS doesn't get much sympathy from gamers. As long as PS4 wont be the secondary COD console.

yurinka

So if Evolution are showing Sony Gotham Racing will they leave GT for a later date?

It probably doesnt make sense to have 2 big real world racing games at launch and if GT isnt coming until late 2014 then it would be smart to leave the big reveal until later this year or next year.
Another reason of why it doesn't make sense to put Evolution and the former Liverpool games to work in this genre that tanked recently.

Motorstorm and Wipeout added a lot of cool new ideas this gen to the racing genre, so I think something in this way, more than trying to go to ripoff their already successful GT or the PGR that killed Bizarre.

Mad_Ban

I hope Jack Tretton has some role in presenting this, and it's not just House + a Kaz cameo. He's been really silent over the last year since E3.

Stuart444

Guys, is it confirmed the event will start at 11pm GMT?

I live in GMT+4 time zone country, so I need to adjust and prepare myself ;)
Don't wanna miss it!

Yes, it is 6pm EST which is GMT-5 so add 5 hours from that (which takes us to 11pm GMT, 12am CET/GMT+1. If you're timezone differs from those, figure it out by adding/subtracting whatever you're timezone is in GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom