• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoetic

Banned
I just got this ad
ibxon1DR9B6odh.png

lol

It's funny because it's true.

Nah, Crash had his time, and his place, in Playstation history. It's obvious from this thread who Sony's new mascot is.

Also, wow at that Mario comment. Sony is straight up trolling, which they haven't done in a very long time. This leads me to believe bombs will be dropped come the 20th.

I would buy Kaz platformer by Naughty Dog day 1.

Last boss would be the evil scientist DR N.Tendo

Sony fanning the fanboy flames with these new ads. They must be feeling very confident about the PS4 reveal. Could come back to haunt them in a big way if its a letdown though.

Spazznid

Sony getting cocky means one of two things... They got Kevin Butler back, or they've got something amazing.

PS4
EVERY Playstation game ever Backwards Compatible, through SENLIVE, Sony's new Gaikai-ish service. You will be able to play ANY Playstation game that you own the rights to on ANY qualifying device. Android, Ipod, PC, Wii U Browser (lol), Vita, ANYTHING that has a connection to the internet and can display the site. Just bought Uncharted 5 and want to play it but you're out of the country? Pull out your Vita or Phone with a WiFi Connection and your PS4 controller with your PSN ID (Not needed with Vita). Any game you own rights to is instantly available. All saves are backed up in the cloud, so when you get home, you can continue where you left off!

PS+ Members get free access to a number of games for free which rotate every few weeks!

Take OS level Screenshots or video! The system streams them onto a cloud where you can download them onto your PC or just directly compress and upload them to youtube!

Don't like split screening? Use the new Vita with HDMI out and go head to head on different TV's with one player using Sony's streaming service to emulate multiple copies of the game!

I was going to make up more crap, but that is honestly all I want from PSQuad to be my machine of the century...

how come sony is better at keeping leaks? remember the PSVita and PS3 slim? this time, except for prototype controller, no sign of the PS4 design yet

The Vita and PS3 slim had already entered production at factories when they were leaked.

I imagine only a few people have access to the PS4 box at this early stage. So they can keep it closer to their chest.

Sony fanning the fanboy flames with these new ads. They must be feeling very confident about the PS4 reveal. Could come back to haunt them in a big way if its a letdown though.

I don't think that they'd be hyping it in this way if they weren't confident that they were about to show something that was going to blow people away. All eyes will be on them on the 20th. They've got to to knock this out of the park.

waypoetic

Banned
Does someone have an idea for a drinking game I can play while watching?

I had a drinking game for last years E3 for the Microsoft presser - drink everytime they say the word "Kinect". It ended badly.

For the PlayStation Meeting, hm, i guess you could drink everytime they say "future" or just "PlayStation".

EDIT: Why is this post blue? wtf

Haha, I told you they were getting back into their PS1/2 ways ;)

And it's beautiful! I'm not sure why some are saying that this is arrogant Sony returning. Arrogant Sony was so far up their own ass that they didn't care about the competition. They thought they were above everyone else. And that's what cost them. Sony's back to doing what they once did, which is directly calling out their competition. It's not arrogance, it's confidence.

DBT85

I thought I saw an ad mentioning RROD just as I closed my laptop tonight but didn't think anything if it until I saw that Mario one lol.

Drake and Kratos to stand outside MS/Ninty HQ with megaphones confirmed?

From the little jabs Sony have been making, I guess we can summarise that the PS4 will be less casual focused (due to the ''yoga'' comment), and there will be a big focus on new IPs (the ''Mario'' comment). Fair assumption?

FFXIV already is.

Meh, some glitchy online bullshit.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
do not know why but for some reason the name Playstation 20/20 has stuck with me as an optional name

clear vision 20/20, this is the new normal - jump out
20 years since SCEA
date for reveal 20/02
20/20, a brand of bum wine

I'm still going for Vision. Hopefully it's just PS4 though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And it's beautiful! I'm not sure why some are saying that this is arrogant Sony returning. Arrogant Sony was so far up their own ass that they didn't care about the competition. They thought they were above everyone else. And that's what cost them. Sony's back to doing what they once did, which is directly calling out their competition. It's not arrogance, it's confidence.

Multiple people have said that Sony is in battle mode now. I think people will see it not only in marketing but also in software and of course the hardware.

Multiple people have said that Sony is in battle mode now. I think people will see it not only in marketing but also in software and of course the hardware.
it's really the perfect time. They've teed it up perfectly, all that's left is to hit the homer in a couple days. I hope they go beyond a few games at the meeting. Announce partnerships for future titles and more. I wonder if they feel like they have to do the same.

pelican

I had a drinking game for last years E3 for the Microsoft presser - drink everytime they say the word "Kinect". It ended badly.

For the PlayStation Meeting, hm, i guess you could drink everytime they say "future" or just "PlayStation".

EDIT: Why is this post blue? wtf

hahaha. I have a drinking game at E3 as well. The pressers start here at 5pm so that is when I open my bottle of Jack. The Monday night is a bit messy with it usually being MS, EA and Ubi.

I-hate-u

Sony getting cocky means one of two things... They got Kevin Butler back, or they've got something amazing.

PS4
EVERY Playstation game ever Backwards Compatible, through SENLIVE, Sony's new Gaikai-ish service. You will be able to play ANY Playstation game that you own the rights to on ANY qualifying device. Android, Ipod, PC, Wii U Browser (lol), Vita, ANYTHING that has a connection to the internet and can display the site. Just bought Uncharted 5 and want to play it but you're out of the country? Pull out your Vita or Phone with a WiFi Connection and your PS4 controller with your PSN ID (Not needed with Vita). Any game you own rights to is instantly available. All saves are backed up in the cloud, so when you get home, you can continue where you left off!

PS+ Members get free access to a number of games for free which rotate every few weeks!

Take OS level Screenshots or video! The system streams them onto a cloud where you can download them onto your PC or just directly compress and upload them to youtube!

Don't like split screening? Use the new Vita with HDMI out and go head to head on different TV's with one player using Sony's streaming service to emulate multiple copies of the game!

I was going to make up more crap, but that is honestly all I want from PSQuad to be my machine of the century...

This is it right here. This is how Sony can dominate and regain their market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom