• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest megatons Sony could drop in general, would be to announce a worldwide launch. Like MS did with 360. At the very least release worldwide, within the same month, in all major regions.

I think they should push the Puppeteer into the PS4 launch. Its going to bomb if its a PS3 title.

There's no reason for Puppeteer to be a PS4 game. It will sell far more to the 70+ million PS3 base.

MasLegio

Banned
Does anyone visit any japanese forums or websites? What's the hype like for them? On GAF and most other outlets it seems to be at critical mass. Even generic tech blogs seem excited for the meeting. But what are the japanese like right now?

war-never-changes-24117.gif

What have I done GAF.

tumblr_max31lK4cp1qc9z1to1_400.gif

Shayan

Banned
Holy shit @ the meltdowns in the other thread, lol.

If a banner ad can do that wtf is it going to be like on wednesday?

Is there enough popcorn in the world....

SONY is so very confident going next gen thanks largely to the late success of the PS3. I am really excited to see what next gen games they have up their sleeves

I am very certain that they definitely have a HW and SW lineup to wow us. Otehrwise , they wouldnt have gone for a reveal way in advance of e3

They are very excited as well.

hey Kagari , you can speak Japanese too?

The Chef

I'm sorry for making the thread :(. I just wanted to watch the world burn.

Honestly, I'm glad you did. Reading through that thread and seeing that level of emotion come back into the console market just makes me think of PS2 era. And that is truly the most exciting time ever as a gamer. Bring it on.

Turns out I have a Ball which I must attend at the time of the PS meeting. Does anyone know if there will be a spoiler free thread with a link to the meeting? Does that sort of thing usually happen on GAF?

It's gonna be hard as hell not to be spoiled, but I shall try...

cyborg009

Banned
One of the biggest megatons Sony could drop in general, would be to announce a worldwide launch. Like MS did with 360. At the very least release worldwide, within the same month, in all major regions.

There's no reason for Puppeteer to be a PS4 game. It will sell far more to the 70+ million PS3 base.

I felt that It could get more attending on it than PS3 but you might be right.

Nice, though i don't like the "kerning" between the P and the S.
Or maybe i don't like the S itself.

Yeah I have a non-italics version too. I keep changing my mind as to which version of the logo I prefer.

And yeah, I reckon they will probably change up the box art design (and I'm guessing the logo), but I'm not that creative :p

I hope they keep it smaller than others like the PS3 boxes.

The PS3 cases (and as an extension, Blu-ray cases) are my favourite kind. They're the perfect size, they look more stylish and they feel nicer and more expensive than standard DVD cases.

I hope they keep them too.

wizzbang

Banned
Oh gawd, why won't the 20th come here sooner. :(

Try being in Australia, it's basically the 21'st for us - (yes I know it's the same time away) but mentally EVERY time shit is announced, we keep hearing one number but forget to add a day to it, so I get all giddy and realise, oh... I need an extra day.

EVERY TIME.

Gadirok

Holy shit @ the meltdowns in the other thread, lol.

If a banner ad can do that wtf is it going to be like on wednesday?

Is there enough popcorn in the world....

A bunch of children in the other thread.

They are having major meltdowns and acting so defensively after a accusation that proved true.

One guy kept listing god of war as a franchise that got whored more than mario and repeating the same points over and over again with mindless shitposting.

It reminded me as if I was on 4chan again.

Anyways, I finally post a legitimate answer over there and nobody bothered to give a answer with any intellect.

16-02-20139-03-29PM.png

I walk in just talking my love about heavy rain, and walk out with mixed feelings of such console patriotism and feeling attacked.

Anyways to keep things in line, and if anyone hasn't seen the G4 video of the playstation history do so:

http://youtu.be/ryi1QBA6XyI

I'd rather talk about things I like rather than getting involved in a console war.

spanks

As for boxes, since less games are including manuals, they could start using a slim form factor.

Also, Ninty already took blue for Wii U, and Xbox will probably keep green, so... how about red?

SSM25

Try being in Australia, it's basically the 21'st for us - (yes I know it's the same time away) but mentally EVERY time shit is announced, we keep hearing one number but forget to add a day to it, so I get all giddy and realise, oh... I need an extra day.

EVERY TIME.

I'm in Malaysia for a few months and this happens to me every time, I get all excited because the 20th is coming soon and then realize it actually the 21th here :/

wizzbang

Banned
GT6 at launch + MGS5 (unlikely with ground zeroes due this year) or Naughty Dog title.

I love my PS3, sold my 360 due to very few games interesting me - but if there's one thing that MS has right, it's Forza - GT5, what an abomination of a game, load times alone make it verge on unplayable.

Just poor design throughout, opening menus (load 30 seconds) - close menu (load 30 seconds) and ..it's just everywhere.
Don't get me started on the car sounds, just don't........

LuuKyK

The other thread is a complete mess. Left before it gets even uglier. I honestely cant even tell what the PS Meeting thread is going to be like. I hope it goes well. :X I know I cant wait to see everything. :D

Raoh

What do you guys think is the most likely, software related 'megaton', Sony could announce at the event?

I'd say The Last Guardian / Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4.

Or an exclusive Metal Gear Solid.

I can't think of anything else that's probable without being way to unrealistic. (eg. Battlefield exclusive).

New IP from Kojima Productions exclusively published by Sony with cross platform features between PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Too unrealistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom