• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadirok

New IP from Kojima Productions exclusively published by Sony with cross platform features between PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Too unrealistic?

Considering Kojima's hardon for Sony I wouldn't be surprised if it does come.

It will probably deliver on quality though. Imagine that being announced on Wednesday.

Boom.

RiverBed

Banned
lGl.jpg

aw man, that mario thread is closed while I was typing some long post about it. I'll just post it here since I don't want it to go to waste.

man this thread is nuts, I'll just say my piece then.

hardcore nintendo and sony fans will never see eye to eye.

nintendo fans will say gameplay is kings above all else, so even if Mario is in hundreds of games, it doesn't matter because they are different genres and all play differently.

meanwhile Sony fans who appreciate stuff other than gameplay like characters, setting, story, immersion etc will probably see every game featuring the same Mario character everytime really boring, even if they play differently

now before anyone is killing me for this, obviously I'm not saying that all Mario games have bad story/setting or all Sony games have bad gameplay. and I'm not saying nintendo don't make new ip once in a while, or Sony did not milk their franchises too.

although personally, I prefer variety of Sony's approach more, I think story/setting/immersion offer a lot to the game, I mean, we're so excited for the new cyberpunk game and we know almost nothing about the gameplay, the only reason we're excited is because the premise of a cyberpunk setting.

I wish nintendo fans can see where I'm coming from and actually do demand some new stuff from nintendo more.

maybe when Nintendo decided to kill Zelda and Metroid series and remake them into Legend of Peach and Mario Prime, they'll see what I mean about character/setting/story have some value.

/run from this thread

Hex

Banned
I did not want to get hyped.
I swore I would not get hyped.
But...

UkyY667.gif

Drink up me hearties, it is going to be a fun ride.

Ainaurdur

As for boxes, since less games are including manuals, they could start using a slim form factor.

Also, Ninty already took blue for Wii U, and Xbox will probably keep green, so... how about red?

I still mourn the decline of true printed manuals.

As for a slimmer box form, I would hate to see them switch to something like the thinline dvd cases they use in tv show box sets. They just feel too cheap and flimsy to be sitting out on their own.
If manuals are just about going away, I could see a design taking the bluray case, and shrink it down to a size just big enough to hold and protect the disc. Would be just about 5.5 inches tall. Maybe reduce the thickness by an eighth of an inch. Actually, looking at a PS3 case, take off the PS3 Playstation Network strip and the clear space above it, and you have roughly the height I am thinking of.
edit: However, I imagine they will stick to the traditional bluray cases to remain consistent with all of the bluray movie cases.

PS3 used red with the Greatest Hits releases. Vita already has a different blue from WiiU, I don't think it'd really be a problem to let PS4 also have a different blue as well.

The problem with threads like that is instead of it being a bit of harmless fun, a few people will get too emotional and the whole thing goes really sour.

Verendus

Banned
This thread is glorious, one of the greatest things I've seen. It's been emotional. In about 30 hours, I will be seeing another great thing, mixed with several other great things. Then I'll see you all next week in what I imagine will be another glorious thread, filled with your amazement at great things.

Just remember, PS Meeting is a teaser. Whilst I'm sure you all will love what you see, don't think that's all there is to it.

I think I will dub Orbis Yamcha. Maybe Durango can be Yajirobe.

What do you guys think is the most likely, software related 'megaton', Sony could announce at the event?

I'd say The Last Guardian / Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4.

Or an exclusive Metal Gear Solid.

I can't think of anything else that's probable without being way to unrealistic. (eg. Battlefield exclusive).
Shenmue 3. For Shenmue fans that is.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
aw man, that mario thread is closed while I was typing some long post about it. I'll just post it here since I don't want it to go to waste.

For what it's worth, I think your post is a good sentiment.

As someone who likes Nintendo, and doesn't mind if Nintendo continues to use Mario as a primary mascot in however many games they like, I do wish Nintendo would investigate creating new game worlds and themes.

The reason I wish so isn't just variety for its own sake, but because Nintendo is really good at creating themes, characters, and game worlds. They put a lot of thought into it most of the time.

Honestly, I think that is probably their problem - with their conservative nature, they may be too afraid to "waste" a huge amount of design work in creating a new theme and universe of characters only to have the game fail. In this sense maybe people should remember that Nintendo comes from being a toy company (they still are - and there's nothing wrong with that.)

jondabomb

For some reason I thought this was a recent video made because of the upcoming ps4 announcement, as well as not realizing that G4 doesn't exist anymore

I hope they keep the black cases for PS4. One of the things that annoys me about 360 disks is the fugly green logo that takes up half the disk. I like how classy the newer PS3 boxes/cases are.

Valkyria

Banned
I hope they keep the black cases for PS4. One of the things that annoys me about 360 disks is the fugly green logo that takes up half the disk. I like how classy the newer PS3 boxes/cases are.

Actually I prefer the newest 360 logos and colors, they look more appealing. The whole PS3 thing it's not so good.

The closer we get the less likely I think this meeting on the 20th wi deliver the hype everyone is expecting, or so that is what I keep telling myself so I don't get too hyped myself.

Really though all they have to do for me is show the console, specs, features, and games (3+ would be awesome), and I would be ecstatic. I just fear they won't even do that.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." - Ken Kutaragi to Kaz Hirai

braves01

Banned
The closer we get the less likely I think this meeting on the 20th wi deliver the hype everyone is expecting, or so that is what I keep telling myself so I don't get too hyped myself.

Really though all they have to do for me is show the console, specs, features, and games (3+ would be awesome), and I would be ecstatic. I just fear they won't even do that.

If Sony is any good at reading the media pulse, they would know hype is high for this event. I think they would try to temper expectations somehow if they thought they couldn't live up to the hype so people don't come away too disappointed.

VanWinkle

With how much they're hyping this in US and other English-speaking areas, do you think the Playstation Meeting will be in English, or will it be Japanese like the Vita Playstation Meeting? I know the Vita one was translated, but that was still terrible lol.

With how much they're hyping this in US and other English-speaking areas, do you think the Playstation Meeting will be in English, or will it be Japanese like the Vita Playstation Meeting? I know the Vita one was translated, but that was still terrible lol.

Its in NY, of course it will be in english :D.

If Sony is any good at reading the media pulse, they would know hype is high for this event. I think they would try to temper expectations somehow if they thought they couldn't live up to the hype so people don't come away too disappointed.

My hype level is super high right now, I made sure I was off work in time to get home eat dinner and watch this event in its entirety. I am just hopeful they really come through on this. To use a baseball analogy they threw the ball up for themselves to hit, no excuse to not hit a home run.

Theyve booked the Hammerstein, in New York for this. This will be firmly focused on the US market like no other playstation hardware reveal has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom