• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drencrom

Just skimmed through the KARA demo again

jvlHGdq.png

POS-54

Coincidence?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I would love a 2 hour show dedicated to PS4 reveal with extensive specification talk and proper tech/game demos. However, I'll keep my expectations in check because I highly doubt we'll get that.

Nestunt

It would be crazy, but also really dumb because suddenly people would question the need to shell out 400 bucks on hardware for a PS4 if they can already play PS4 demos streamed to their PS3....

Of course such thing happening is very unlikely

but stating that people would not want to purchase the only machine that would let them play the full experience of what has just blown their mind is simply not common sense to me

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
what is this -6 Celsius and NYC twitter comment

Fahrenheit Son!

You in "Murica

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!...

NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC! NYC!

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Kaz is a super busy man, we'll get House+Yoshida probably. Kaz COULD be there, but I'm not counting on it.

This event is just for gasing Gaming journalists, since Kaz is a huge fan of Little big planet karting, he'll be there:
original.gif

Drencrom

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/the-last-guardian-headed-to-playstation-4#.USJ7Sx04uSp

"According to a very reliable source from Japan, Team Ico’s The Last Guardian will now be a Playstation 4 title. Details are sketchy at the moment and we don’t know whether or not it will be announced at Sony’s Playstation 4 event or at this years E3.

From what we’ve learned so far, Sony is looking to make a huge impression with the Playstation 4. The Last Guardian has been in limbo since 3 of Team Ico’s producers, Kenji Kaido, Fumito Ueda and Yoshifusa Hayama, departed from Sony within the last year and a half. There’s been much speculation as to whether this game would ever be released, but Sony has reiterated many times that it’s still in development.

Recently, many analysts have suggested that it might be headed to Sony’s next generation platform instead of the already successful Playstation 3. Here’s to hoping that it’s a launch launch title."

???

According to KennyLinder (gaffer and ex-SCE employee) it's been in the works for PS4 for quite some time.

spats

ummm this is HUGE for Sony. Kaz IS Sony. He'll be there. Crazy to think otherwise.

I think he'll be in the audience, sitting next to Kutaragi while Yoshida and House do the presentation. Stringer never touched videogame shit with a long stick even though SCE was one of their biggest branches.

Yoshida will likely do a shoutout to Kaz, camera will pan to him, he'll smile and wave to the audience.

Sid

I think he'll be in the audience, sitting next to Kutaragi while Yoshida and House do the presentation. Stringer never touched videogame shit with a long stick even though SCE was one of their biggest branches.

Yoshida will likely do a shoutout to Kaz, camera will pan to him, he'll smile and wave to the audience.
Kaz is from SCE,this is easily the most important event for the entirety of Sony.

Mario007

Kaz is from SCE,this is easily the most important event for the entirety of Sony.
It's gonna be House on the stage. Kaz might do like a 5 minutes on why PS division is important to Sony but it'll be House who unveils the new product, as the CEO of SCE.

Stuart444

According to KennyLinder (gaffer and ex-SCE employee) it's been in the works for PS4 for quite some time.

Yup, makes me wonder if their 'reliable' source is the same person (aka he got it from GAF)

It's easy to take supposed leaks from here and just use the words 'reliable source' so you don't have to say where you really found it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
i think the ps2 did, and it released a few weeks later.

PS4 IN MARCH?!
No, PS2 was released in March in Japan several months after the Price and launch date was announced,
US & EU had their launch nearly a year later

Niks

It's gonna be House on the stage. Kaz might do like a 5 minutes on why PS division is important to Sony but it'll be House who unveils the new product, as the CEO of SCE.

Kaz is the face of Sony and PlayStation, of course he will be the one unveiling the product.

sense

here is my crazy prediction that is highly unlikely but kinda hoping for it as this could be a great way to get the headstart and steal market share before microsoft launches in october.

sony comes out and details the specs of the ps4, shows a few first party games. then at the end says it will launch in june with last of us (it will come for ps3 as well) and maybe a timed exclusive of some big third party game. at e3 they can show more games that will come post launch and say go buy the ps4 today !.

No one has thought to bring some of the Sony CES revels and see if they apply to the Feb 20th "future of Playstation meeting.

The front-facing speakers on XBR 4K LED TVs integrate into Sony’s new “Sense of Quartz” design concept with angular, faceted outer cabinets.

All XBR-X900A models are Wi-Fi-enabled and have smart-TV functionality, including connectivity with mobile devices. New smart features include one-touch mirroring and TV SideView.

Wi-Fi connectivity with RVU (based on DLNA and the Remote User Interface standards) compliance, enabling consumers to wirelessly access Sony Entertainment Network services as well as their DirecTV set-top-box DVR and streaming services.

Positioning itself as a leader in 4K Ultra HD TV from the lens to the living room, Sony showed how it is leveraging its disparate businesses from Hollywood content production to set marketing and sales to produce 4K TV ecosystem. The standard offers four times the resolution of FullHD 1080p displays.

Sony also said it is planning to offer this summer “the first 4K Ultra HD-video distribution service in the U.S.,” offering native 4K content such as feature-length movies streamed from Sony Pictures and others to special 4K media players.

yurinka

I think nobody doubts this, Jeff. PS4 will feature BlueRay 3D, 4K streamed movies, BlueRay 4K, that wifi tech and one-touch stuff. In addition to 4K gaming and 1080p @3D gaming even if with limited support specially at launch.

Same goes with new apps and services like Video Unlimited and the TV remote/guide app.

These points are 100% because they always try to converge their technology, as happened with DVD, HD (BlueRay) or 3D. For the same reason, expect to see Gaikai running PS games in almost every capable Sony device (PS Certified + new TVs).

Just skimmed through the KARA demo again

jvlHGdq.png

POS-54

Coincidence?
Nice catch. Highly doubtful. Is PS4 OS (operative system) building Kara?

It can be PSO-S4. ;P

No significant leaks? Wow, Sony is indeed changing.

Damn, the 20th is going to be awesome. Not only there's the PSM event, but I have a job interview! :D

AngryMoth

No significant leaks? Wow, Sony is indeed changing.

Damn, the 20th is going to be awesome. Not only there's the PSM event, but I have a job interview! :D
Pretty much all of the specs plus the new controller design not significant? :p

I know what you mean though, there's still a lot of mystery in the air. They've kept the games a secret which is why it's so exciting!

I've spent most of today putting together a video of select PS3 exclusives.

Originally this video was to include all major PS3 exclusives, however, half way through editing and after many hours I realised I was running out of time and the video was dragging. I wanted to get this video up as a source of extra hype for wednesday. So with that in mind, there are things missing. uncharted 3, Resistance sequels - stuff like that. I wanted this video to show the range and scope of Sony's exclusives this ten, and as it runs mostly in chronological order, you can see a step up in graphical fidelity over the years too.

Anyway, this is just for fun - so enjoy! All aboard...

PS3: THE EXCLUSIVES (2006-2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom