• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it'll be KZ4. I think it will be a new IP from Guerrilla.

KZ4 will probably be a ps3 game to close off that story using current tech and assets. I will guess we actually wont hear about it until the pre E3 hype as a throw away game.

New PS4 IP tomorrow is my bet.

Sony should keep old IP's to a minimum tomorrow. One or 2 mega franchises returning and then just new IP's please. Same goes for the 3rd party games they should. If they show Assassins Creed Next Gen, Battlefield 4 and Final Fantasy 57 then they are doing it wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On the real Richard Simmons has GREAT arms for his age.

M.D

I still remember waking up that morning and seeing this thread... at first I thought it was for the Playstation Destination event, but then I realized OMG PS4 FEB 20th

Busty

Banned
I think people need to temper expectations and remember that E3 will likely bring the 'full' reveal.

I expect the machine to be reveal, the core functions/innovations and perhaps two first party titles and two third party titles.

I would not say I am a Sony hater but if they show something off I like, I will probably be getting one.

*chortle*

Do you regularly purchase items that do not interest you?

richard_simmons.jpg

nothing good can come of this Richard simmons is annoying as hell.

This is not true. Sony could hire him and David Letterman to beat each other up to show off the PS4's user recognition technology

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ricard Simmons Wonderbook.
Lmfao. Do it Sony, do it!
Alright, I've set my personal benchmark for the event tomorrow.

I've seen the Crysis 3 shots in the PC performance thread. That's a game out right now that I can play at playable-if-not-great framerates (~30fps) at 1080p on my 2-year old PC.

If you want to get me hyped about the next generation of consoles, you need to show me Orbis games looking better than that.
Prepare to be disappointed then, my friend.

Raide

I think people need to temper expectations and remember that E3 will likely bring the 'full' reveal.

I expect the machine to be reveal, the core functions/innovations and perhaps two first party titles and two third party titles.

*chortle*

Do you regularly purchase items that do not interest you?

Nope. I am pretty fussy about what I buy. Especially as I get older, I need to be buying something I know I will actually use. :D

redfirm

Banned
Alright, I've set my personal benchmark for the event tomorrow.

I've seen the Crysis 3 shots in the PC performance thread. That's a game out right now that I can play at playable-if-not-great framerates (~30fps) at 1080p on my 2-year old PC.

If you want to get me hyped about the next generation of consoles, you need to show me Orbis games looking better than that.

lol you are gonne haveee a baaad timeee next gen if you are expecting crysis 3 gfx

Liamario

Banned
I wish they'd remove the triggers and go back to DS2 L2/R2 buttons.

I never understood how they couldn't have a little switch beside the triggers and when flicked, it would stop the full motion of the trigger and make the trigger behave like a button. It seems very easily to implement in theory.

From what thuway was saying (and I really respect his silence in regard to details), it seems to me (and i could be reading his comment totally wrong), that this event will be detailing the PS4 and it's launch. So we'll get the console detailed, controller, OS, Services and launch games + dev partnerships touched on. We may even get a launch window.

Then I'm expecting E3 will be the time the games themselves get the limelight, and it will be at E3 we get the big announcements like ''Versus XIII on PS4!!!'' and ''The Last Guardian on PS4!!!'' as they will likely be released after launch.

I will say this. I'll be fucking pissed if we've come this far and some inconsiderate moron leaks everything. I mean is 5 minutes of fame really worth spoiling such a big event for the industry?

The more they show now, the worse E3 will be, the less they show the better E3 will be. Pick your poison GAF, which show do you want to be more entertaining.

LuuKyK

I will say this. I'll be fucking pissed if we've come this far and some inconsiderate moron leaks everything. I mean is 5 minutes of fame really worth spoiling such a big event for the industry?

This x1000. I want for once to be surprised DURING the stream and not before it like it always is.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been this excited for a console reveal since the 360 viral launch. My mind is blown that nothing has really leaked yet. Is it too early to log onto the Dominos site to order my pizza to arrive just before the launch?

From what Thuway was saying (and I really respect his silence in regard to details), it seems to me (and i could be reading his comment totally wrong), that this event will be detailing the PS4 and it's launch. So we'll get the console detailed, controller, OS, Services and launch games + dev partnerships touched on. We may even get a launch window.

Then I'm expecting E3 will be the time the games themselves get the limelight, and it will be at E3 we get the big announcements like ''Versus XIII on PS4!!!'' and ''The Last Guardian on PS4!!!'' as they will likely be released after launch.

You know what. I'm going on a blackout. As of now. Staying off gaf/twitter/fb until the GT stream starts tomorrow, and if something has leaked by then and they mention it on the pre-show I'll hit mute. No more surprises now.

See you guys on the other side of the next generation.

bigbosssalute.gif

Mobius 1

I'm going dark in terms if tech news until tomorrow's event. I want to be surprised, even if disappointingly so.

See you tomorrow GAF.

khaaan

Does anyone know what the best place to find text stream/update for the conference? I'm going to be on the bus and even though I have a pretty good data plan (6GB) I don't know if it can handle an hour long stream.

Let's start playing some "anticipation" tunes GAF. Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer seems like a good tune for this kind of thing..."Whoaa! we're half way there..whoa!...we're living on a prayer..take my hand, we'll make it I swear!"

Lol, I couldn't care less if stuff were leaked. This isn't some epic videogame story being spoiled, they're going to show off hardware, games, and features. Whether I find that out beforehand or at the conference makes no difference to me. I just want knowww.

Owzers

You know what. I'm going on a blackout. As of now. Staying off gaf/twitter/fb until the GT stream starts tomorrow, and if something has leaked by then and they mention it on the pre-show I'll hit mute. No more surprises now.

bigbosssalute.gif

following that path, but i might even skip the preshow if i have the internet willpower, they do tend to discuss all leaks in their preshows, i remember that from last e3.

Stuart444

For some people, yes, 5 minutes of fame is worth it. And some people just enjoy pissing people off.

Hopefully no spoilers. I mean it's only 1 day and 6 hours and 24 minutes left. We can wait that much time.

The Chef

bigbosssalute.gif

*Salute*
I dont feel any fear being in this thread though. I will tell you that I am pretty much insane blackout on every other thread/site though.

Sorc3r3r

Would be good that a KZ4 pic leaked with the same helgast in the same corridor, the same gun blaze and shadow...a little before the conference, like happened with the image leaked before E3 2007.

2007?

Wow,I'm old.
But what a ride it was...legendary thread as well.
Are you still there Wollan?

Interfectum

The more they show now, the worse E3 will be, the less they show the better E3 will be. Pick your poison GAF, which show do you want to be more entertaining.

This is PS4's and next-gen's coming out party. All eyes are on Sony right now so they need to blow everyone away. At E3, Sony just needs to finalize the details (price, date, etc), have a massive 3rd party showcase and have it playable at the show.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the beginning of a new generation of consoles. Some say consoles are dying, some day Apple will take over gaming, some say a lot of bullshit. This show needs to tap everyone on the shoulder and say "hey we're still here, we're still relevant."

So yeah I think this show needs to be filled with as much exciting stuff as possible.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
From what thuway was saying (and I really respect his silence in regard to details), it seems to me (and i could be reading his comment totally wrong), that this event will be detailing the PS4 and it's launch. So we'll get the console detailed, controller, OS, Services and launch games + dev partnerships touched on. We may even get a launch window.

Yeah... they've done well so far. I just hope E3 is spared this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom