• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Maybe not look better than Crysis 3 but be on par with for sure.
I dunno. My expectations are pretty freakin high honestly.
My bar for next gen is also at Crysis 3 running on Very High(PC version) as well. I'm quite confident first party Sony titles will exceed it to be honest but not at launch. I'd be pleasantly surprised if launch titles match it graphic wise.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lol, I couldn't care less if stuff were leaked. This isn't some epic videogame story being spoiled, they're going to show off hardware, games, and features. Whether I find that out beforehand or at the conference makes no difference to me. I just want knowww.

This. Just spill it as soon as you get the info!

I-hate-u

Worst things to happen:
1) Tech demos based on old games and no new games debut
2) 20 minutes on move
3) 20 minutes on wonderbook
4) Inviting a celebrity to sing and dance on stage
5) Neogaf goes down.

I will force myself to not look at any game news until 11pm tomorrow, when the gametrailers thing starts. Hope to see you guys then, let me thank all the gaffers who made amazing gifs in this tread, legendary.

The Chef

My bar for next gen is also at Crysis 3 running on Very High(PC version) as well. I'm quite confident first party Sony titles will exceed it to be honest but not at launch. I'd be pleasantly surprised if launch titles match it graphic wise.

Im a little confused honestly about people who think this is an unrealistic expectation. With the, still somewhat rumored, specs of the PS4 what other graphical specs should we expect?

ironcreed

Banned
Would be the most hilarious, rage-inducing shit. Gaf will literally implode.
Wonderbook 4K will also display the PS4 4K abilities.

As excited as I am, I'll laugh my ass off heartily if Richard Simmons is there, prancing around the stage with the Move controller. Sony better deliver on at least some fronts, else the tears will flow down the mountain of hype like a second great flood. There is no turning back, as the hype is simply too big.

blackseedboy

Neo Member
So what third party game companies other than Squeenix are confirmed to be at this event? Are we sure that no one from KojiPro will be there?

Koji is actually in Paris for the MGR TOur, and scheduled to be in Milan, Italy, 21 in the morning...

So, I think, no Kojima :\

Stuart444

Yeah... they've done well so far. I just hope E3 is spared this year.

I just see no way that E3 will be spared. Infact, I'm expecting no surprises at E3, plenty of leaks before hand.

Pessimistic? Maybe but considering how things go in the run up to E3, it seems realistic enough.

I would love to be wrong though.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm expecting Watch Dogs/SW 1313 quality visuals for launch.
I say that is quite fair and I'll be happy with that.
Im a little confused honestly about people who think this is an unrealistic expectation. With the, still somewhat rumored, specs of the PS4 what other graphical specs should we expect?
Don't listen to what people say. We already saw what Sony first party did with the PS3 hardware. Try to visualize for yourself what they'll be able to accomplish with those rumored specs. FFFF-

Raoh

OT | Kaz and Effect

I like it...

|OT| Kazual Sex

I like this one too but Kaz and Effect is a safer title

I did dump them there actually but I won't have time to do extra sound effects lol (just a standard track)

Kaz of War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka7_wpRuXl0

Meanwhile at Microsoft...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Butt7XPbSRA

The Wrath of Kaz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbY2_Kaqdg

I Pay it Gladly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1Mfd4I7mI

Jump Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjEcp8EYdak

That is some excellent work there.

ilcOP1tMYlG7V.gif

KING KAZ OF THE KRAB PEOPLE

LMFAO, there are not enough words in the English language to describe what I am seeing here..

He should have a lasso or something

ironcreed

Banned
I honestly just want to see the console and controller, along with some hard details and a few game samples. Save the rest, along with release date, pricing and pre-orders for E3.

Jonm1010

Banned
I say that is quite fair and I'll be happy with that.

Don't listen to what people say. We already saw what Sony first party did with the PS3 hardware. Try to visualize for yourself what they'll be able to accomplish with those rumored specs. FFFF-

I thought you just said you don't think ps4 will hit crysis 3 PC level visuals? You confuse me haha.

Personally I think outside of crysis there aren't many games that actually target higher end rigs and the simple moving of the console baseline dial up to where the rumored specs are gonna be will lead to some games that will look better then anything we've seen to date. Since 98% of developers seem to target current consoles as their baseline, throwing extra features for PC as an afterthought. Maybe it wont happen at launch but shortly after.

Of course those high end rigs with specs that go far beyond the consoles hardware will outshine the consoles from the getgo and going forward.

Maybe my expectations are too high but I fully expect studios like Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog to eventually deliver games that look better(maybe only slightly) then crysis 3 on very high.

I honestly just want to see the console and controller, along with some hard details and a few game samples. Save the rest, along with release date, pricing and pre-orders for E3.

If this event literally just focuses on 2013 I'm happy. Anything is good at this point because (most of us) know nothing. Show the console, controller, show of the tech with some flashy demos and announce a launch window - so we can all rest easy that it's releasing this year (especially those of us in Europe, Sony!).

At E3 come out and say - ok that stuff you're getting this year at launch, now here is the price point and here is what you'll be playing over the next year or so. Boom - show all those games for 2014 and beyond. Drop the bombs, yadda yadda...

TriGen

Can someone plz tell me what this crab business is about. I've seen so much crab stuff mentioned when I hear of PS3 that I just want to know what it is.

This had me rollin and I don't even know what the inside joke of the picture is.

Giant Enemy Crab was a thing at Sony's 2006 E3 presser.

Can someone plz tell me what this crab business is about. I've seen so much crab stuff mentioned when I hear of PS3 that I just want to know what it is.

This had me rollin and I don't even know what the inside joke of the picture is.

E3 2006 meme. Giant enemy crabs on a game that's was described as an accurate representation on feudal Japan.

Mikey Jr.

From what thuway was saying (and I really respect his silence in regard to details), it seems to me (and i could be reading his comment totally wrong), that this event will be detailing the PS4 and it's launch. So we'll get the console detailed, controller, OS, Services and launch games + dev partnerships touched on. We may even get a launch window.

Then I'm expecting E3 will be the time the games themselves get the limelight, and it will be at E3 we get the big announcements like ''Versus XIII on PS4!!!'' and ''The Last Guardian on PS4!!!'' as they will likely be released after launch.

I will say this. I'll be fucking pissed if we've come this far and some inconsiderate moron leaks everything. I mean is 5 minutes of fame really worth spoiling such a big event for the industry?

I think we definitely need games SHOWN, not just talked about. People need to see what next generation looks like, not what the OS looks like (although trust me, I want to see the OS).

Niks

If sony has built all this hype just to announce hardware, then they have learned nothing from VITA.

Games have to be shown, the more the better.

Jonm1010

Banned
On a side note, how long does everyone think it will take before gifs and photo comparisons pop up comparing the PS4 game reveals to the PS3 bullshot tech demos?

And how quick will it take for fanboys(and girls) to try and belittle Sony for still not living up to those ridiculous tech demos from their last reveal??

Raven77

Launch window games will look on par with Crysis 3 Very High PC settings, easily, probably even better in a rare instance or two (Uncharted 4, Last Guardian).

However, to say that this is the best we'll get the entire generation is incredible foolish.

Hell, Halo 4 looks GD incredible and nearly on par with some of today's top end PC games. The launch window games will be the tip of the graphics iceberg...great things to come.

Endo Punk

If sony has built all this hype just to announce hardware, then they have learned nothing from VITA.

Games have to be shown, the more the better.

If the hardware is hovering and making an ominous sound it still wouldn't cut it if the games are not there. And for me new IP's are going to be what gets me excited. Don't care about the Killzones and Motorstorms.

I think we definitely need games SHOWN, not just talked about. People need to see what next generation looks like, not what the OS looks like (although trust me, I want to see the OS).

That's what i'm saying. I think we'll see launch games. As in - this event may be a detail of the launch plan, so we may see many games, but nothing beyond launch day targeted releases.

tumblr_mhsjwcQ56F1s5o3aso1_400.gif

The HYPE is back guys. I can feel it running through my veins. Its consuming my body.

I paid my friend to cover me and told my mum that I had a severe headache. She bought it.

The dream lives on.

FF Versus 13
Last Guardian
GT6
MGSV
GG new IP
Evo new IP
SP new IP
ND Crash Bandicoot

You just gotta believe. I BELIEVE

LastNac

tumblr_mhsjwcQ56F1s5o3aso1_400.gif

The HYPE is back guys. I can feel it running through my veins. Its consuming my body.

I paid my friend to cover me and told my mum that I had a severe headache. She bought it.

The dream lives on.

FF Versus 13
Last Guardian
GT6
MGSV
GG new IP
Evo new IP
SP new IP
ND Crash Bandicoot

You just gotta believe. I BELIEVE

headache that will last 30 hours?

TriGen

Well, which is it? There's a gulf of quality between those two. 1313 was on a whole other level, graphically.

I agree that 1313 looked better (some disagree, but to me 1313 was shockingly beautiful), but WD is a big open-world game and 1313 is a more linear game. So I could see having Watch Dogs as your benchmark for next-gen open-world and 1313 being a benchmark for more cinematic games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom