• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drencrom

please be lighter than the launch ps3

#NEXTGEN #PS4

6IkOTA8.jpg

Great montage

Wolfie5

I don't understand why some of you think that Sony will save surprises to E3? Just look at last couple of years what Sony has done before E3.
Any new game Sony was going to show at E3 has been "leaked" or just plain announced a few weeks before E3. Every time.

Reason:
Sony doesn't want to share the spotlight with other games.

I think that all we will get is more gameplay of announced games and launch details at E3.

Edit:
I hope I am wrong and there are surprises(fun part of E3) as it is console launch this time around, but I have no expectations from Sony at E3 anymore.

Afrikan

So no tv channel is carrying this right?

Man i'm in Vegas and this suites' wifi is horrible...and i have Sprint 3g (4g can't pick up shit).....i think I'm going to miss this event live. :( I'm a person who loves/needs to watch shit live. Fuuuuuu

Jonm1010

Banned
I think we definitely need games SHOWN, not just talked about. People need to see what next generation looks like, not what the OS looks like (although trust me, I want to see the OS).
Yeah they'd be idiots not to show SOMETHING.

It might just be a few trailers and maybe a watch dogs style walkthrough of a game or two. But footage will be shown. I can't see a scenario Sony could justify NOT doing it and letting Microsoft have that opportunity dropped onto their lap for their own reveal.

I think tomorrow will be their pitch to consumers detailing their mission statement with their console that will include non-gaming stuff as well, coupled with some game teasers, short trailers and maybe a walkthrough that briefly highlights the new controller a bit(probably something with move and eye toy as well) and a next gen game or two being featured to showcase them.

E3 will be the place for in depth trailers and walkthroughs, some bombshell launch window reveals, floor demos, pricing and the all out marketing push.

grkazan12

I really hope some journalists get to interview Kaz after the press conference and ask him about this amazing thread that has respected his already known godly and canon lord like like status.

Globox_82

Banned
I don't understand why some of you think that Sony will save surprises to E3? Just look at last couple of years what Sony has done before E3.
Any new game Sony was going to show at E3 has been "leaked" or just plain announced a few weeks before E3. Every time.

Reason:
Sony doesn't want to share the spotlight with other games.

I think that all we will get is more gameplay of announced games and launch details at E3.

they are NOT going to show all of their first party games, second reason 3rd party won't show all of their games.

R-User!

Why not show a shit ton of games now, and have said shit ton be playable at E3 + some more game reveals...

That's fine. It's still half now half later:
Viewing games=one half
Playing games=other half

I want to see if Sony can set a precedent and completely blow everyone away with their early console announcement conference (essentially their own E3 conference 4 months early), and to do this I think new game reveals would have to be there.

It would be like Apple holding a new iPhone conference and just showing the device and telling the price, but not talking about all the new software features that the phone can do until four months after the initial conference. It wouldn't make sense. That's why Apple shows the device, talks about the software (iOS) and announces the price an then releases the thing a month or so afterward. Because it just makes sense.

Can Sony release the PS4 before E3?

Iacobellis

tumblr_mhsjwcQ56F1s5o3aso1_400.gif

The HYPE is back guys. I can feel it running through my veins. Its consuming my body.

I paid my friend to cover me and told my mum that I had a severe headache. She bought it.

The dream lives on.

FF Versus 13
Last Guardian
GT6
MGSV
GG new IP
Evo new IP
SP new IP
ND Crash Bandicoot

You just gotta believe. I BELIEVE

How did I notice Krazy Ken crying until now?

Endo Punk

Sony needs to capitalize on the hype. This month the eyes of the gaming media have been pretty much on this meeting. They can't even for once think they should skimp and leave the bigger stuff for E3. GO ALL OUT. Just leave the specs and price for E3.

I'm not here to spoil the event for any one :). There are a few others in the thread that know what's going on, but it's best to just let you folks enjoy the show for yourself. I just hope some jack ass doesn't reveal everything at the 11th hour. FYI: I only know of two things at the event. I'll say this though, Sony will have to save things for E3. So prepare for a very balanced event. There will be enough tease to wet your whistle, but don't expect to walk away with an idea of what PS4 will have for it's first two years.

Honestly, the games can wait till E3. I just want detailed information on the specifications, the OS, the new PSN and the look of the console. A few demonstrations of the power of the system would be nice too.

My expectations have been checked. :)

Iacobellis

Sony needs to capitalize on the hype. This month the eyes of the gaming media have been pretty much on this meeting. They can't even for once think they should skimp and leave the bigger stuff for E3. GO ALL OUT. Just leave the specs and price for E3.

Specs for E3? Are you crazy?

Wolfie5

they are NOT going to show all of their first party games, second reason 3rd party won't show all of their games.

I don't expect them to show everything now either. Never said that.
I think some games will be revealed tomorrow and the rest will be revealed as we get closer to E3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw this at Gamereactor's webpage: http://www.gamereactor.se/pslive/

They said they will be there. If they will have their own live feed I don't know, but I'll try to find out more. Regardless, it's an additional place to watch the whole thing.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else think that we'll get stuck with an OS in a similar style to the Vita's?

I love my Vita but the OS is aesthetically poor in comparison to a lot of other devices on the market. I really hope that a different team will be doing the PS4 dashboard or that they'll stick with an evolution of the cross media bar.

Jonm1010

Banned
Honestly, the games can wait till E3. I just want detailed information on the specifications, the OS, the new PSN and the look of the console. A few demonstrations of the power of the system would be nice too.

My expectations have been checked. :)
Oh geez, I really hope they don't inundate us with tech demos again haha. Then people really will drag out the old ps3 tech demo arguments and muddy the water for ps4.

I think it's got to be actual games or bust for Sony. Cinematic trailers featuring real time graphics sure, but if they load us up with "target renders" and "tech demos" masquerading as gameplay like the PS3 reveal, I can't imagine the gaming community will look too kindly on them. I certainly won't.

I say keep the tech demos to a bare minimum Sony.

Does anyone else think that we'll get stuck with an OS in a similar style to the Vita's?

I love my Vita but the OS is aesthetically poor in comparison to almost everything else. I really hope that a different team will be doing the PS4 dashboard or that they'll stick with an evolution of the cross media bar.

I highly doubt we'll see anything close to Vita's OS for the PS4. That OS is catered for a handheld, and looks a little cheap.

I think the PS4's new OS will be an evolution of the XMB.

headache that will last 30 hours?

I had to tell her today....if I told her tomorrow it would have been too obvious. She still doesn't know that I am not going and my friend is going instead. Waiting for the right time.

When she comes to my room tomorrow to take the laundry I will leave some of my going out clothes on my bed :
Mom: Shall I take this or are you going wear this tonight?
Me: Oh those.....yeah I was going to but I still have that splitting headache. I don't think I will be going with (my little sister) tonight but dont worry, I have told one of my friends to go with her and drop her home. (acting casual to make it seem like I did not plan it)

I've told my sister and shes ok with it.

My plan works perfectly in my head and I have been rehearsing my lines.

Plan B: Fall down the stairs :(

iceatcs

Man, some people are going to disappoint themselves.
Neither way, it's going to be fun.

Finally see more next-gen is all I need. We stuck this gen far too long.

TriGen

Man, some people are going to disappoint themselves.
Neither way, it's going to be fun.

Finally see more next-gen is all I need. We stuck this gen far too long.

Yeah. I really started buying less games around 2010 because of this gen's length, just got burnt out and needed an excitement boost. I'm still in that old-school, new consoles every five years mentality.

see5harp

I love my Vita but the OS is aesthetically poor in comparison to a lot of other devices on the market. I really hope that a different team will be doing the PS4 dashboard or that they'll stick with an evolution of the cross media bar.

Much of the issues with the Vita OS for are a result of the multitasking and battery management. I really hope they don't go further down the iOS rabbit hole and instead focus on standardizing invites, party systems, etc.

Anth0ny

I'm honestly shocked that the only thing that has really been leaked is the controller and specs. Expected pictures of the box and games by now.

At this point, I really hope nothing leaks. It's nice to be surprised.

or maybe there is nothing TO leak. dun dun dun

I highly doubt we'll see anything close to Vita's OS for the PS4. That OS is catered for a handheld, and looks a little cheap.

I think the PS4's new OS will be an evolution of the XMB.

I hope you are right, i love the simplistic and clean design of the xmb, and the only thing that it's missing would be cross game chat and party chat. I know i have asked this a bunch of times but do you think they will reduce the os over time while increasing ram for games like they did with the ps3?

TriGen

Is anyone expecting a new teaser video today? I really expected PSP on the 18th followed by Vita on th 19th. Them combining them yesterday threw me off. I'm rooting for something.

Into

I'm honestly shocked that the only thing that has really been leaked is the controller and specs. Expected pictures of the box and games by now.

At this point, I really hope nothing leaks. It's nice to be surprised.

or maybe there is nothing TO leak. dun dun dun

Yeah it is a bit odd that everything has been under wraps

Surely the stage has been set up by now? There has to be a logo somewhere that someone saw and took a pic off?

I do hope we see nothing and go blind into it, will have the most impact

Laranja

Though I'm not one to post frequently here on GAF, I'm pretty happy to have had my account activated in time to enjoy this event with you guys!

My avatar's been Kazified and my body is ready! Bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom