• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

What if... what if... what if FF Versus was never shown before because they changed it to next-gen and they'll show it tonight?

A man can dream :(

Our guy in New York says the Square Enix bandwagon just rolled into town. :O

PLEASE BE FFVXIII ON PS4!!!!!

If Final Fantasy's are rolling out that fast I guess that Deus Ex poster was legit.
6135268514_5609266f29.jpg

AngryMoth

My predictions:
- Open the only way Sony knows how, talking about how great the playstation brand is and the 10 year life cycle.
- Price drops for Vita and PS3. Briefly go over the big titles for this year.
- Playstation 4 announced within first 20 mins.
- Render of the system and controller shown.
- Tech demo(s) showcasing graphical capabilities.
- Backwards Compatibility via Gaikai for PS+ subscribers.
- First party games shown: GT6, new IP from Guerilla, new IP from Sanya Monica, new IP from Sucker Punch and...The Last Guardian.
- Share button demoed.
- Some 3rd party big cheeses will get on stage and talk about how excite they are for the platform. A handful of games will be shown but there are so many possibilities its hard to predict. Watch Dogs is probably a good bet.
- No price, no look at the OS, out by the end of the year in the US, see you at E3.

The hype is too infectious, I gave up on tempering my expectations a few days ago. But I do honestly think they are going to have a lot to show with the number of people they've invited and the effort they've put into promoting it.

It might be cross-gen but IMO there is not a chance in hell it will be PS4 exclusive. They've been cooking this game up for a very long time. They'll want as large a market to sell it to as possible.

That's what early generational money hats are for. Sony pays towards development costs and/or marketing costs and gets a 3rd party exclusive. Like Microsoft and Gears.

Mariolee

My predictions:

-little genral talk about PS brand
-ps3 games [ascension trailer, last of us trailer, beyond live demo] & pricedrop
-vita games [new 1st/3rd party games] and pricedrop
-simple brakdown of ps4 hw, introduction of OS and services, techdemos and 2 livedemos of new IP 1st party games. 3rd party present only in sizzlereals / screenshots / techdemos. No price, no precise release date, no PS4 case design
-promise of big E3 reveals
-GT6 to close the show

This is more than enough to bring the GAF servers down.

Gran Turismo is pretty "meh" to me, so I'm not sure it would grab me as a big surprise to end the show.

I've been with the gaming industry for a decade, both professionally and as just a regular gamer trying to find the next games that rub me the right way.

Honestly, the last time I was this excited about an event or console was when I walked into a Blockbuster video and got my hands on Mario 64.

FourMyle

That's what early generational money hats are for. Sony pays towards development costs and/or marketing costs and gets a 3rd party exclusive. Like Microsoft and Gears.

Hey, if that happens I will certainly not be complaining (who wouldn't want VersusXIII @ 1080p!?) but I think it's pretty far fetched.

Hope I'm proven wrong though :)

btkadams

do we know if sony is the only one hosting the stream? i'm going to be at work until 15 minutes after this thing starts, so i thought i would just watch it at work (and stay at my desk after my shift ends). all gaming sites are blocked at work though, so i'd only be able to do that if the verge (or someone similar) was streaming it.

Zaph

we already have controller, PS World domain leaks
I'm talking about design assets. Press materials, decks, photography, branding etc.

Being in digital marketing, I can tell you that these are the things that leak first. It's really hard to keep them on lock :(

How Sony is putting on such a big event with no leaks is incredibly impressive.

ironcreed

Banned
I've been with the gaming industry for a decade, both professionally and as just a regular gamer trying to find the next games that rub me the right way.

Honestly, the last time I was this excited about an event or console was when I walked into a Blockbuster video and got my hands on Mario 64.

This type of excitement is precisely what the gaming industry on the console side needs again. Come on, Sony. Knock that shit out of the park.

ari

Banned
Lol, my professor said versus is being shown tonight for the ps4, source from a friend in the gaming field. (Multimedia teacher)

Fun Fact: he know NOTHING about games let alone vaporware. I am fucking hype.

ACH1LL3US

I have been thinking a lot about my building excitement for tonight's conference. I think back to how the original Playstation was this insane piece of hardware at first, that only my "rich" friends had. The shape of the controller, using CDs and how amazing the graphics looked just floored me. However, when the PSX really took hold of me was with the release of Gran Turismo. GT and Sony Playstations are inseparable to me. I have enjoyed better, bigger more realistic racing sims on my PC for decades, but nothing compares to the enjoyment and excitement I get out of a new Gran Turismo game.

GT6 footage with a possible 2013 release date or early 2014 tonight will rupture the hype train boiler for me.

I have to 100% agree with you on this. I could and do play many racers on my gaming pc but there is somthing very SPECIAL about Gran Turismo and how it feels.

If they show next gen GT tonite.... that in itself will exceed my expectations... I can hardly wait

I also hope we won't only get shooters.
I'm fine with that genre but if +50% of announced games are shooter I'll be disappointed.

Some kind of amazing 60 fps rollcage/wipeout/extreme g game would make my day.

ND need to lay off the uncharted and get back to making platformers, new mascot for all I care.

A wave racer ish game with some amazing looking water that makes you thirsty.

The (slim) potential for something like this being shown is why I'm watching.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Versus XIII on the PS4 would be really nice. They have a lot of cash in hand so they could probably take the risk of putting it on a new console with less install base. This way they could also ship out a higher quality product than what's possible on the PS3.

Takuya

Banned
Kaz Hirai will walk up on stage, a bit chubbier than usual, wave to the crowd before removing his mask, revealing that it is in fact Jack Tretton. He smiles and waves his arms at the screaming crowd before announcing "I've been Kaz'ified too! Oh.. and here's PS4"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom